Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 113604 times)

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3720 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:19 am »
But they seem to try no matter the opposition, which isn't a bad thing per say but I just thought that they would have not tried to passed the ball through Madrid as much as they did after losing the Copa del Ray to them. It was only after Pepe was sent off that Alves really look to get into Madrid half off the pitch on a regular basis. I reckon they would have scored had Pepe not got himself sent off but you can't say that was a given because apart Xavi's attempt (with highlighted how important Inesta for them), Barca weren't looking that good if you ask me but rather lacking creativity when in the final third.

Totally agree for the most part though I'm not so sure barca would have scored had pepe not been sent off, it really looked to me that madrid were defensively highly organised and had managed to nullify barcas tactics by breaking up the play and only allowing them to have possession in less dangerous areas.  For those that say barca deserved to win because they were the only ones to play beautiful passing football last night, it is not madrids job to be entertaining by playing barcas passing game, they are there to win (we've seen them try under pellegrini and were hammered). Instead they played to their (and mourinhos) strengths by breaking up the barca play and countering (they very nearly scored had it not been for valdes) and I think it nearly worked. We ourselves have used this tactic in our CL campaigns to great effect.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3721 on: April 28, 2011, 08:51:56 am »
Why does a team with the two most expensive players of all time amongst their extremely expensively assembled squad need to park the bus against anyone?

Why does Fernando Torres need to sit on the bench for anyone.  Roman Abramovich payed good money so that Roman Abramovich could watch Fernando Torres play from the start for  Roman Abramovich's Chelsea.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #3722 on: April 28, 2011, 08:55:50 am »
Manuel Nueur will be the best goalkeeper of the world during the next ten years, that is all.

Offline Sublimit

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3723 on: April 28, 2011, 09:00:21 am »
The thing with Ronaldos free kicks are that 1% of the time they fly in. 99% of the time they are in the stand. There is never an opportunity for a rebound or anything

O'shea

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:14 am »
One of the most awful champions league matches I have seen to be honest and in the coming years , if this diving, acting etc isn't stomped out it's just going remain the same.

I hate real Madrid and Barcelona to be honest, in terms of diving, cheating, arrogance and awful losers, they are on par with the mancs.

Real Madrid have a manager that is as bad a bacon face, probably an even bigger twat at times.

Then you have Barcelona who is a team  full of diving, cheating women who think that if any other club don't play like Barcelona, then they don't play football but people excuse them of this attitude and cheating because

1. Real Madrid are basically the same and for some reason they just shun this criticism off because they (real Madrid) do it as well.

And 2. they play good football, but they are a horrible club though IMO.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:05 am »
read through the last ten or so pages and probably the last time I'll comment in this thread.

"70% posession.  Barca totally dominated them.  Created chance after chance but took it easy after going 2 up.  I mean 70% possession just tells it all doesn't it?  doesn't it?  Nothing else needs to be taken into consideration.  Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta absoluetely steam rolled the match.  Incredible.  Best performance by the best team ever. And that tackle on Alves.  Saw that pic and I have to say fucking disgraceful from Pepe.  Absolutey fucking disgraceful .  Should be banned from football forever.   Did anyone see the match though?  Didn't actually watch it hence I'm essentially talking out of my arse, nor did I even see the red card incident live hence my opinion is completely justified. Anyway.  Barca are the greatest......Iniesta played didn't he.?."  -- and that my friends is the last 10ish pages rolled up into one comment (ignoring the Mourinho is a twat comments [which are also true btw])
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:12:30 am by PJG »

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #3726 on: April 28, 2011, 09:15:15 am »
I thought after Messi his first and Madrid were 1-0 down, I was licking my lips as I thought it was going to set up a brilliant game of cat and mouse at the Nou Camp... I mean Madrid would know they have to score to take it to extra time and if it was to end 2-1 in Madrid's favor Barca knew they would go out, so pushing forward to get a 2nd goal might be dangerous weather and more so if Madrid were able to open the scoring at the Nou Camp... that said Messi scored a sublime which gave Barca a 2-0 win and killed the tie, even Mourinho said so.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:20:26 am by BMW »

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3727 on: April 28, 2011, 09:16:01 am »
Why does Fernando Torres need to sit on the bench for anyone.  Roman Abramovich payed good money so that Roman Abramovich could watch Fernando Torres play from the start for  Roman Abramovich's Chelsea.

What does that have to do with Real Madrid parking the bus with £140m worth of Ronaldo and Kaka in the squad, not to mention the likes of Ozil, Di Maria etc?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:32 am »
Dunno why Madrid - Barcelona is called 'El Classico'. Apart from Messi's goal, the last 3 games have been anything but classic.

Hopefully Barcelona players keep their concentration and avoid getting booked in the return leg. No doubt Madrid will be bitter about the result and will try to goad them into getting players banned for the final.

I wouldn't give a shit if half the Barcelona players were banned for the final in other circumstances, but seeing as its Man Utd they will probably be playing, I do hope they are all there.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:22 am »
What does that have to do with Real Madrid parking the bus with £140m worth of Ronaldo and Kaka in the squad, not to mention the likes of Ozil, Di Maria etc?

Because they were trying to win a one-off 2 leg tie to get to the final.  Not emphtatically win 5-0 and embarrass Barcelona in the process.  Not make use of the vast amount of attacking talent, so Barca can take over the space left, and take the game to Real.. Should Real have played wiith more control? In my mind yes.  But then you've got to ask yourself how many opportunities Barca even got when it was 11 vs 11.  Mourinho was trying to win/draw a match at the end of the day.  He tried to do it a certain way. Maybe not the way you would usually think someone would try and win.  Who knows. Maybe he wanted to win it on penalites (although I don't think he's that silly).  Whatever it was, he parked the bus and effectively stopped Barca's attack.  Quite simply he wanted to win/draw so his team could somehow get through to the final.  Not try and change the tactical approach so they're attacking players would be happy.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: April 28, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
There's trying not to give Barcelona space and there's having 29% possession at home against your biggest rivals.

If it was some Romanian nobodies facing Barcelona I'd understand playing with total fear, but the biggest name in world football, the winners of nine European Cups, a team with some of the finest attacking talents of our generation playing like Hodgson's wet dreams at home?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3731 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:24 am »
Dunno why Madrid - Barcelona is called 'El Classico'. Apart from Messi's goal, the last 3 games have been anything but classic.

They invariably used to be great games. Then Mourinho came along and decided he wouldn’t play football in them. It’s like our games with Chelsea – the whole ‘shit on a stick’ comment annoyed me at the time because we were capable of playing decent stuff it’s just that every game against Chelsea was reduced to foul after foul and plenty of niggle. Familiarity also breeds contempt and like when we played them 5 times a season for 4 years in a row, the 2 sides are now so overly familiar with one another that it almost makes it impossible for the games to be high quality. The common denominator has to be Mourinho. The amount of fouls to break up play near halfway, the off the ball blocks and pulls – anyone would get frustrated playing against it. As has been said, Barca are no saints, especially Busquets and Alves but again, there was only one team trying to play football last night.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: April 28, 2011, 09:36:18 am »

Hopefully Barcelona players keep their concentration and avoid getting booked in the return leg. No doubt Madrid will be bitter about the result and will try to goad them into getting players banned for the final.

I wouldn't give a shit if half the Barcelona players were banned for the final in other circumstances, but seeing as its Man Utd they will probably be playing, I do hope they are all there.

El Aburrido CL match maybe? (:

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3733 on: April 28, 2011, 09:40:45 am »

Chelsea did it when he was in charge of them too.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: April 28, 2011, 09:42:06 am »
There's trying not to give Barcelona space and there's having 29% possession at home against your biggest rivals.

If it was some Romanian nobodies facing Barcelona I'd understand playing with total fear, but the biggest name in world football, the winners of nine European Cups, a team with some of the finest attacking talents of our generation playing like Hodgson's wet dreams at home?

If it remained 11 v 11 until the end, do you think Barcelona would have won?   Do you think Real Madrid or their fans cared that they had like 30% in the Copa del Tey final?.   But yes.  You can't win if you don't have the ball.  And as I have said, Real Madrid didn't get enough of the ball as they should have. 

You say 9 European Cup, but when was the last time they even got past the quarter finals?. 

At one end some of the finest attacking talents of our generation didn't have nearly as much of the ball as they would have liked.  But at the other end (at least until the sending off), they also effectively stopped some of the finest attacking talents of our generation.   I would think any coach would rather a dull 0-0 at home to Barca than a goal-fest at home.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: April 28, 2011, 09:45:24 am »
I don't think playing defensively against Barcelona is particularly bad, but Madrid showed no interest in using some of their own strengths in the attacking third. Surely you have to show some intent, particularly at home.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3736 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:15 am »
What was the excuse for Chelsea against us though? All that talent and they played like fuckin Wimbledon.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: April 28, 2011, 09:47:02 am »
Yes I do think Barcelona would have won. I think Real could have had 110 on the pitch and not stopped that second goal.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3738 on: April 28, 2011, 09:50:22 am »
They better change the name from 'El Classico' while Mourinho is in charge.

Then again, next Tuesday may very well be his last.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #3739 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:32 am »
He won't be sacked though, at least not this Summer; where would they turn?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:36 am »
They invariably used to be great games. Then Mourinho came along and decided he wouldn’t play football in them. It’s like our games with Chelsea – the whole ‘shit on a stick’ comment annoyed me at the time because we were capable of playing decent stuff it’s just that every game against Chelsea was reduced to foul after foul and plenty of niggle. Familiarity also breeds contempt and like when we played them 5 times a season for 4 years in a row, the 2 sides are now so overly familiar with one another that it almost makes it impossible for the games to be high quality. The common denominator has to be Mourinho. The amount of fouls to break up play near halfway, the off the ball blocks and pulls – anyone would get frustrated playing against it. As has been said, Barca are no saints, especially Busquets and Alves but again, there was only one team trying to play football last night.

100% spot on. It's criminal the amout of talent being wasted at Madrid by Mourinho's negativity, cuntishness and shite tactics. But I'm glad, he and Real are well suited to each other.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3741 on: April 28, 2011, 09:52:51 am »
He won't be sacked though, at least not this Summer; where would they turn?

At any other club he wouldn't be sacked. It's very possible at Real Madrid, though.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3742 on: April 28, 2011, 09:53:46 am »
I don't think playing defensively against Barcelona is particularly bad, but Madrid showed no interest in using some of their own strengths in the attacking third. Surely you have to show some intent, particularly at home.

Fair point – you obviously don’t want to go gung ho but you keep it tight and then break with intent when the chance arises. Bar a few dubiously won free kicks from Di Maria I can’t think of any time Madrid threatened last night which given some of the attacking players at their disposal is pretty poor. At times they had all 11 in their own half and let Barca knock it about, again fair enough but surely when you win the ball you then commit a few forward and look to capitalize – you don’t just hoof it back and then start all over again.

Not ranting at you by the way!

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: April 28, 2011, 09:59:18 am »
Breath taking goal from messi.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: April 28, 2011, 10:00:49 am »
What I'll never understand, is people who say that Barca are the best team in the world and that Madrid look to just park the bus and that their local pub team would have played better football blah blah... I'm not saying that Madrid played attacking football, they clearly went into the match with the aim of getting it at 0-0 and their snatch an away goal in the second leg. But the irony in saying Barca are the best team in the world and that Madrid played worse than a local pub team is laughable, this time Barca won 2-0 but the same was said in the Copa del Ray final and we all know Madrid were the only team who scored in that match not Barca.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:03:17 am by BMW »

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3745 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:58 am »
What I'll never understand, is people who say that Barca are the best team in the world and that Madrid look to just park the bus and that their local pub team would had a better football blah blah... I'm not saying that Madrid played attacking football, they clear went into the match with the aim of getting it at 0-0 and their snatch an away goal in the second leg. But the irony in saying Barca are the best team in the world and that Madrid played worse than a local pub team is laughable, this time Barca won 2-0 but the same was said in the Copa del Ray final and we all know Madrid were the only team who scored in that match not Barca.

A local pub team wouldn't have Alonso, Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria. With Higuain, Benzema and Kaka as unused subs.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #3746 on: April 28, 2011, 10:04:19 am »
Breath taking goal from messi.

unreal

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:11 am »
Don't be fucking ridiculous.

I can't stand either of those clubs, but don't think a single non-United fan ever wants your lot to win a fucking coin toss, nevermind anything else.

Not any Liverpool fan of course, but after watching how we handled our semi, and Barce handed theirs, I can't see how a neutral could want those c*nts to win. It was embarrassing for football last night. 

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: April 28, 2011, 10:06:36 am »
unreal
poor defending. Would not have got past scunthorpes defence!

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3749 on: April 28, 2011, 10:07:13 am »
Not any Liverpool fan of course, but after watching how we handled our semi, and Barce handed theirs, I can't see how a neutral could want those c*nts to win. It was embarrassing for football last night.

Because they're playing you c*nts.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #3750 on: April 28, 2011, 10:07:19 am »

yeahh, was pretty horrible seeing them shoot down the ref in packs, diving

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: April 28, 2011, 10:09:15 am »
A local pub team wouldn't have Alonso, Ronaldo, Ozil and Di Maria. With Higuain, Benzema and Kaka as unused subs.

I know that's why I find it hard to understand, even though Madrid play negative football -looking to try to kill matches before trying to win it... they still look to win matches, there is a reason they don't play possession football - even if it is ugly but so is diving and surrounding referees...

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:16 am »

Either of them could be definitely proven responsible for the Rwandan massacres, the Asian tsunami, ebola and Justin Beiber's singing career and nine out of ten neutrals will still support them over your gang of c*nts.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: April 28, 2011, 10:11:00 am »
It was embarrassing for football last night. 

Short memories eh?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3754 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:39 am »

Now hang on. Say Barca had played Schalke and you had Real. You'd have been up against the shithouse tactics and you're players are hardly slow to bleat about harsh treatment are they. Barca would have dispatched Schalke and you could then flip the argument around.

Just hope Pique scores the winner this time while Johnny Evans looks on from the bench!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #3755 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:39 am »
:lmao

You mean unlike every time nani plays for your lot you mean? Don't try and make it out that your lot are whiter than white compared to those 2 last night. You've got a team of utter c*nts who happened to play a side far worse than a sunday league team in a CL semi final as opposed to a local derby (which doesn't excuse their behaviour in any way shape or form). Now, that's not your fault, you can only beat what's put in front of you, but your team, especially Nani, is fucking disgraceful 99.9% of the time, and does things that are far, far worse than some of the shit that went on last night.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3756 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:04 am »
I know that's why I find it hard to understand, even though Madrid play negative football -looking to try to kill matches before trying to win it... they still look to win matches, there is a reason they don't play possession football - even if it is ugly but so is diving and surrounding referees...

In fairness thay do plenty of diving and surrounding the refs themselves.

The reason people criticise them for playing like a pub team is that they have some of the best players in the world in their side. That was the point I was making. It's okay for a pub side to play like that, cos, well, thay're a pub side. Real have some of the finest attacking players in the world, but that's the only way that, tactical genius, Jose Mourinho can send them out to try and play Barca.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: April 28, 2011, 10:14:48 am »
In fairness thay do plenty of diving and surrounding the refs themselves.

The reason people criticise them for playing like a pub team is that they have some of the best players in the world in their side. That was the point I was making. It's okay for a pub side to play like that, cos, well, thay're a pub side. Real have some of the finest attacking players in the world, but that's the only way that, tactical genius, Jose Mourinho can send them out to try and play Barca.

So how many coaches in the world do you think would be able to utilise Real's attacking strength and at the same time, keep Barca completely quiet at the other end?

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #3758 on: April 28, 2011, 10:15:08 am »
lmao at both teams tonight. Absolutely loving it, because no-one can watch either of those teams whose a neutral and want United/Shalke to lose.

Both are horrible football teams. What an embarassment.

:lmao :lmao :lmao fuckin hell!

Hello mr pot, im the kettle, you're black

Offline Twiggthemanc

• Thinks that Evra's by far a better left back than Evra. Definitely.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3759 on: April 28, 2011, 10:16:36 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao fuckin hell!

Hello mr pot, im the kettle, you're black

I understand every team has instances where they have had disgusting behaviour on the pitch. I've never seen anything like last night though. It was constant. Horrible to see.