Author Topic: Woody: one for the future  (Read 1468 times)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
Woody: one for the future
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:30:28 pm »
Guthrie secures Anfield contract

Telford teenager Danny Guthrie has moved a step closer playing in the Barclaycard Premiership by signing a professional contract with Liverpool, writes JAMES GARRISON.

Guthrie, who has been with the Merseyside giants since the age of 14, was awarded a scholarship at Anfield last season.

But the 17-year-old midfielder has now been rewarded for his impressive showings in youth and reserve team football over the last 12 months with a two-year-deal.

"We are absolutely thrilled for him," said mother Jackie. "He has played in a lot of the reserve games for Liverpool this year and to get this contract is a dream come true.

"The only disappointment was when Liverpool played against Wolves at Telford, Danny was on the bench and didn't get on because there were a lot of first-teamers.

"It couldn't have gone any better for Danny but he will keep his feet on the ground.

"He has worked hard to get his scholarship and now to get his professional contract and he will just keep plodding along and hopefully get his chance in the first team at some point."

The former Thomas Telford pupil, who has now moved to Southport, has represented England at every age level since under 15 and captained his country against Denmark last season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just wanted to get in quick and coin a nickname for the lad. "Woody" after 20's folk musician, friend of Huddy 'LEADBELLY' Leadbetter and main Bob Dylans main inspiration Woody Guthrie.

sorry forgot the link http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/publish/article_26880.shtml
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 12:34:54 pm by red chill »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline timbo

• Kopite
  • 5 GoWs and counting
Re: Woody: one for the future
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:56:43 pm »
Me and the missus decided our first born would be called Danny after one of  Danny Murphy's great free kicks ( in jest at the time but a few celebrating ales and 9 months later, hey presto )
To see another Danny getting closer to the team is great as my brother got him a great top with Danny on the back
good luck to WOODY

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:59:27 pm »
Good luck to the lad. Andy (liverweb) has talked promisingly about so maybe one we'll see in the coming seasons.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline anfield_reds

• Legacy Fan
  • We're only in it for the money
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 05:20:11 pm »
Guthrie is really good. I had the opportunity to see him playing twice this season, you can tell he has it. He's talented, hope the staff will get the best of him, ala Gerrard.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:27:06 pm »
He wears a Utd top under his training tops.  :D

*Ducks*
Nah.

Offline anfield_reds

• Legacy Fan
  • We're only in it for the money
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 05:30:04 pm »
He wears a Utd top under his training tops.  :D

*Ducks*

Joff mate  :wave

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 05:44:51 pm »
 :wave
Nah.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 05:53:15 pm »
Woody Guthrie of course famously recorded Red River Valley and Jarama Valley, on which is based the first part of Poor Scouser Tommy.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 12:15:08 am »
Woody Guthrie of course famously recorded Red River Valley and Jarama Valley, on which is based the first part of Poor Scouser Tommy.

well you learn something new everyday  :D....haven't heard much by woody to be honest, only his leadbelly collaborations.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 12:36:39 am »
You really didn't have to devote a thread to me.
Blame Canada!