Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 553793 times)

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #1240 on: September 6, 2014, 10:46:00 am »
Should I update the firmware on my VU+ Solo box? I have Openvix on it already but is this something different to the firmware you download on the official site?

Its a firmware update for your box, not the software such as Openvix etc

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1241 on: September 6, 2014, 10:54:15 am »

Yeah just no HD anymore. Very simple.

I'd rather that than hand them c*nts €80 a month.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: September 6, 2014, 11:01:12 am »
Getting a box off a fella on Sunday.

We had Sky so you just use that dish and cable and then run an ethernet cable to the box from the router. All channels.

Supposed to be great but we'll see. Its a trail first.

Had one for 18 months now and was great , but seems to go off a lot more now as does my dads and brothers . Was great for the saturday 3 o clock games on setanta Ireland . How much a month you paying , cost us a tenner which pay every six months

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1243 on: September 6, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

Had one for 18 months now and was great , but seems to go off a lot more now as does my dads and brothers . Was great for the saturday 3 o clock games on setanta Ireland . How much a month you paying , cost us a tenner which pay every six months

Think it's €250 for the box mate (probably a rip off) which includes the first years Sub. Then €50 a year after that.

Either ways it's still serious savings on Sky.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: September 6, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »
Think it's €250 for the box mate (probably a rip off) which includes the first years Sub. Then €50 a year after that.

Either ways it's still serious savings on Sky.

I paid £80 for the box and £10 a month . Had it now 18 months and yes really big saving , when you factor in
Sky sports , movies and bt sport too . But you do have to counter that with scrambled channel now and then
and to me seemingly the bigger the game the more the chances of scrambling . I've just got the sky sports package back with virgin but will still pay a tenner a month for the movies , bt sport and setanta Ireland ( premier league 3' o clock kick offs every saturday .

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1245 on: September 6, 2014, 04:14:56 pm »
Box prices vary from £50 for an F5 up to hundreds but subs should be £35-50 a year now. You shouldnt be getting any scrambling either

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: September 6, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »
Can you get Indian channels on these things?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: September 6, 2014, 11:45:23 pm »
Box prices vary from £50 for an F5 up to hundreds but subs should be £35-50 a year now. You shouldnt be getting any scrambling either

So I'm being possibly ripped off ! ..so my box connects to my sky dish and has an Ethernet connection to my
Virgin router is this the same set up were talking about ? My box is very small and just has "eagle box " on it

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1248 on: September 7, 2014, 02:44:29 am »
£10 a month = being mugged off.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1249 on: September 7, 2014, 12:15:54 pm »
So I'm being possibly ripped off ! ..so my box connects to my sky dish and has an Ethernet connection to my
Virgin router is this the same set up were talking about ? My box is very small and just has "eagle box " on it

I think the eaglebox is a rebadged dreambox so nothing wrong with that. Its easy enough to put your line in, get a test line off someone and see if its any better

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: September 7, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »

Especially if you are getting scrambling during big matches. The server you are paying for doesn't have the capacity for the subscribers he has.

I don't get any scrambling and pay £50 per year. I know you can get cheaper than this but I went for this one on a recommendation as they don't over subscribe to their servers, so no scrambling.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: September 7, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »
Rather than me look through 30 odd pages can anyone tell me if there is a thorough guide on exactly what to do to use one of these? Cheers  :wave
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: September 7, 2014, 02:24:43 pm »
Especially if you are getting scrambling during big matches. The server you are paying for doesn't have the capacity for the subscribers he has.

I don't get any scrambling and pay £50 per year. I know you can get cheaper than this but I went for this one on a recommendation as they don't over subscribe to their servers, so no scrambling.

So can I change who I use ? If so how do I go about it

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: September 7, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

So can I change who I use ? If so how do I go about it
pm me
bollocks

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #1254 on: September 9, 2014, 07:17:28 am »
I think the eaglebox is a rebadged dreambox so nothing wrong with that. Its easy enough to put your line in, get a test line off someone and see if its any better

yes I have one but it's not as easy as a Skybox to but a line on it. I have dropped it at the moment as XBMC is giving me what I want for free and I can connect with my laptop, home PC setup to the TV and a Tablet when out and about. XBMC has really moved on and is easy to setup if you watch the youtube vid's
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1255 on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:47 pm »
I think my Dreambox is on the way out.

The LDC screen dimming and going bright and the channels work for a second or 2 and then it comes up with the message tune failed.

Does anyone know where to buy a cheap box if I can't get this working again?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:37 am »
This thread is for advice not sales pitches. Ta.
Yep.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1257 on: October 12, 2014, 02:28:39 pm »
Have a skybox f5 but cant get any servers,, any advice?
Allez Allez Allez

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: October 22, 2014, 12:30:50 pm »
So if i understand this correctly, buy a skybox/ openbox from eBay for £50 or so, connect to my existing sky dish, the TV and my router, then purchase one of the '12 month Gifts' for anywhere between £25 & £60 and bingo bango, i'm watching all sky channels plus some extras for the footy ie Setanta Ireland for the 3pm kick offs and the like

Is it that simple?

Or am i (probably) missing something?

Is this from Amazon what i should be looking at?  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-OPENBOX-Satellite-receiver-replace/dp/B00NTXYWIQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYIM24QEJ1IVE

£75 for a box and 12 months subscription
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:44:32 pm by stewil007 »

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #1259 on: October 22, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »
So if i understand this correctly, buy a skybox/ openbox from eBay for £50 or so, connect to my existing sky dish, the TV and my router, then purchase one of the '12 month Gifts' for anywhere between £25 & £60 and bingo bango, i'm watching all sky channels plus some extras for the footy ie Setanta Ireland for the 3pm kick offs and the like

Is it that simple?

Or am i (probably) missing something?

Is this from Amazon what i should be looking at?  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-OPENBOX-Satellite-receiver-replace/dp/B00NTXYWIQ/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYIM24QEJ1IVE

£75 for a box and 12 months subscription

In a word yes once you learn how to setup the gift. I would not buy a gift from an advert on Ebay or Amazon. I will pm you with a link to a place to buy from.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: November 6, 2014, 06:56:06 pm »
In a word yes once you learn how to setup the gift. I would not buy a gift from an advert on Ebay or Amazon. I will pm you with a link to a place to buy from.

I'll take a pm too mate  :wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #1261 on: November 6, 2014, 07:10:15 pm »
Just moved into a new place and looking to maybe set something like this up. No chance of paying silly amounts for Sky. However I am literally clueless where to even start I've never done or known anyone thats done it themselves before. Stewil007's post made it clearer for me but I have no dish at all. Can it be done without one?

Anywhere online (or in this thread) that has some sort of basic guide for setting something like this up where you can get all the channels? I'll have a look now myself but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be helpful please.

Can you PM me the link too please?
Justice for the 97

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1262 on: November 6, 2014, 07:30:52 pm »
Stewil007's post made it clearer for me but I have no dish at all. Can it be done without one?

Can you PM me the link too please?

Cheap enough to get a dish fitted. Otherwise its cable or iptv mate

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1263 on: November 6, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »
Can anyone explain plex to me like I'm five years old?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1264 on: November 6, 2014, 08:29:17 pm »
Can anyone explain plex to me like I'm five years old?

Haha. Its software for streaming movies,music ,whatever from a Plex server on a PC to a phone, tablet or another pc. Shares whatever folders you want around your network or over the internet.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: November 10, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

I've got an F3 skybox, but its started scrambling a lot. I'd like a PM as well please mate if the gift works on an F3. Cheers

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:42 am »
Has anyone got any recommendations for a box that has satellite tuner(s) and can run XBMC as well?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: November 11, 2014, 10:46:49 am »
Has anyone got any recommendations for a box that has satellite tuner(s) and can run XBMC as well?

There's a plugin for Enigma2 images, that allows it to run XBMC addons. The addon needs to be modified to run with the plugin.
http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index.php?/topic/94-XBMCAddons---for-running-xbmc-addons-with-enigma2

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: November 11, 2014, 11:27:19 am »
Thanks, will take a look. The need for add-ons to be rewritten is a bit of minus point though.

I see sat-shop are doing an all-in-one Evo Infinity twin tuner box for £99

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1269 on: November 17, 2014, 11:12:35 am »
Has anyone tried Premier League Pass?  Unblock Us seem to be advertising it as something you can use through their service.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1270 on: November 17, 2014, 12:25:09 pm »
Has anyone tried Premier League Pass?  Unblock Us seem to be advertising it as something you can use through their service.

Lots of people have been getting 'Naughty naughty' emails from them and having their accounts removed. That's with VPN and DNS.

You're better off using NBC Sports Live Extra.
:D

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1271 on: November 17, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »
Lots of people have been getting 'Naughty naughty' emails from them and having their accounts removed. That's with VPN and DNS.

You're better off using NBC Sports Live Extra.
Thanks for feedback.  NBC show all games?

Also, I've tried to search for a guide but without luck.  Any chance you can point me in the right direction?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:27:14 pm by Hank Scorpio »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1272 on: November 17, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »
Thanks for feedback.  NBC show all games?

Also, I've tried to search for a guide but without luck.  Any chance you can point me in the right direction?

All premier league games, PM on route mate.
:D

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1273 on: December 2, 2014, 06:28:31 pm »
Inhave a skyboxf5. Had a server but its gone down all of a sudden. Any help would be appreciated :)
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #1274 on: December 4, 2014, 06:07:49 am »
Right I have a Vu+ solo and every so often it will turn it self on during the night as I have a Smart TV this will also switch itself on.

Is there anyway I can stop this without having to unplug the TV everynight?

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #1275 on: December 4, 2014, 08:12:38 am »
Right I have a Vu+ solo and every so often it will turn it self on during the night as I have a Smart TV this will also switch itself on.

Not come across this issue before. Is it the same time and day it comes on? Maybe its some kind of timer glitch?
you may have set a timer at that time previously and not disabled it?
If all else fails popping the hdmi cable out of the back of the box at night should do it.

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1276 on: December 4, 2014, 09:51:26 pm »

Go to settings on the box and find a feature called Hdmi CEC and make sure it's off

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: December 5, 2014, 06:31:32 am »
Go to settings on the box and find a feature called Hdmi CEC and make sure it's off
Can't find that anywhere in the settings.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1278 on: December 5, 2014, 07:58:11 am »
Can't find that anywhere in the settings.
Depends what image you have got. Eg Blackhole its menu-system-AV settings (from memory)
Also have you got it set to update the EPG programme listings? This will wake the box up and could set the TV off...

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: December 5, 2014, 03:22:25 pm »
Also have you got it set to update the EPG programme listings? This will wake the box up and could set the TV off...
That's what I think happened,been switching lots of EPG stuff off as I don't use it anyway. So far it seems to have helped. (Although I'm not sure I've turned the correct settings off ;) )