Author Topic: Suarez and the carnivorous canis lupus  (Read 108398 times)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Suarez and the carnivorous canis lupus
« on: October 9, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
Everyone knows the Aesop Fable of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. It's a fairly simple narrative: a nondescript shepherd boy in a nondescript village falsely claims a wolf is eating his flock of sheep, panicking the entire village. When a wolf actually appears, the shepherd boy's protestations are ignored. Depending on your upbringing and the maliciousness of the storyteller, the end result was either a devoured shepherd boy or disemboweled flock of sheep.

Aesop dealt with the simplicities, his fables neatly concluding with a digestible moral to the story. But the archaic tale, composed to understand consequences and little else, needs a more complex, modern assessment. Why did the boy want to cry wolf to begin with? Was the punishment - anything ranging from the death of his sheep to his own untimely demise - appropriate for telling a few lies? Why did the boy never have a name?

The Premier League's Boy Who Cried Wolf does have a name: Luis Suarez. The Uruguayan played well against Stoke City on Sunday, but it was not his sorcery with the ball that dominated the news the morning after, but rather his spellbinding attempt to win a penalty in the second half. As he threw himself to the floor over the mass of Stoke legs, it was partly in exasperation. He had been given little all afternoon. Actions such as that won't help his cause. The dizzying cycle continues.

That's not to excuse his display of stupidity - because that's exactly what it was. After his team-mates, captain and manager spoke of the unfair treatment Suarez receives from referees, he looked to win a penalty in an almost comical manner after people displayed that rare emotion of sympathy towards Suarez following Leon Barnett's unpunished assault to the head, it instantly evaporated with one theatrical fall. The archetypal villain of the league dons his mask once more.

It's a mask he has worn from the moment he arrived in England. His World Cup of 2010 is not synopsised by his winner against South Korea and general overall impressiveness, but for his swift hand movement against Ghana with a nanosecond of extra time remaining. He pushed the ball away from goal and plunged the dagger into the heart of Africa, denying them their first World Cup semi-finalists, on home soil no less. Likewise, his time at Ajax is not footnoted by 111 goals in 159 games, but his bite on PSV Eindhoven's Otman Bakkal. That smile of mischief instantly transformed into one of subterfuge; those sparkling teeth now menacing, not welcoming.

But there is no witch hunt against the 25-year-old and diving - certainly not in the media, which grasped the narrative of diving the moment Jurgen Klinsmann signed for Tottenham in 1994, and has continued ever since with players like Robert Pires, Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Klinsmann was one of the clever ones; after a goal on his debut against Sheffield Wednesday, he celebrated with a self-deprecating dive, which then became a trademark. Any indiscretion from the German that season took a comedic tone. Similarly, Cristiano Ronaldo was labelled as a diver, but it was seen as a by-product of his world-class talent and visceral passion to be the best. Suarez, at this moment, has the benefit of neither.

For referees, the boy cries wolf once more. Suarez doesn't dive in the traditional sense, but he does flick his neck, arch his back and bellow in anguish at most challenges. His general demeanour towards officials is one of impetuousness - something fans love, but few others do, especially the recipients of his forked tongue. Consciously or subconsciously, when Suarez is prone on the floor, it is harder to give him the decision he is pleading for.

But it is all a very simplistic way of viewing the issue; it's very Aesopian to simply lambast Suarez for his behaviour on Sunday and clamber aboard the subsequent bandwagon. It is clear this boy cries wolf because he feels he is not getting the decisions he deserves. But however misguided that stance may be, it's no more so than Tony Pulis' post-match appraisal of the situation. Though not quite akin to being eaten by a carnivorous canis lupus, the idea of a retrospective three-match ban is outlandish, particularly given Stoke City's behaviour over the 90 minutes.

It is here where the issue lies, and this country's strange obsession is laid bare: sporting morality ranks far higher than personal welfare. The crime committed by Suarez has been judged far graver than Robert Huth's assault, when he raked his studs across the back of the prone Suarez. Diving and feigning injury are decadent aspects of football, much like shirt pulling, professional fouls and handballs; but an intent to leave an impression on an opponent, both physically and mentally, should be considered far worse.

The moral code scrambles further when talk of intelligence enters the discourse. Someone will claim a player is clever for leaving his leg trailing in the box; others will eulogise over the art of backing into defenders in an attempt to trick them into grappling. The morality of which football stands is on shaky foundations, shifting on the aptitude of deception. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers realises this, and has sought to defend his forward.

"I believe some people need to develop a sense of perspective and I also believe in this moment the vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair," he said. "I will continue to protect the values, spirit and people of this great club and game while searching for a consistent level of results in order to make progress on the field."

It was certainly not too little, but some would argue Rodgers' statement came too late. These agenda-altering words were needed before Monday morning, the focus shift from Suarez to Stoke required far quicker. But he will learn. So, you would hope, will a lot of people - including Luis Suarez.

He has a lot of work ahead to alter his reputation; so too the referees, who have work to ensure they adhere to Rodgers' words and treat Suarez fairly. Even football in this country must reassess what is truly important across the 90 minutes of action. Suarez has a captive audience; the only way he can silence people is with the ball at his feet. The villagers are still listening. For now.

Link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/liverpool/id/179?cc=5739

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez and the carnivorous canis lupus
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
It's not crying wolf when you have video evidence.

Did you actually read it?

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2012, 07:53:33 pm »
A good article.  Unfortunately  it looks as if the villagers have not only stopped listening to Suarez but are quite happy to put lamb shanks on him and let the wolves have him. 
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline bobapcoed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »
Great post and spot on. When I saw it (live), I thought don't be silly. However he was kicked from start to finish and got nothing, stamped on, and 6 bookings to none tell the true story. As usual Stoke turn every game into a wrestling match. Times like that you think back to Tommy Smith, Jimmy Case and Graeme Souness. They'd have taken no messing.

Offline xosder

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »
Suarez doesn't dive in the traditional sense, but he does flick his neck, arch his back and bellow in anguish at most challenges.

This is what gets Luis in trouble.  Most of the fouls against Luis end with him rolling around like he just got shot.  He doesn't dive per se, but he makes a meal out of every opportunity.  With that said, it's tough to imagine being kicked, wrestled and elbowed week after week and not getting the call.  I'd imagine most people would do everything they could to bring attention to the fact that they've just been fouled.  In the case of the stoke "Dive", he was fouled.  He was kicked, but didn't go down right away which makes it look a little ridiculous. 

In Luis' case, there really is a wolf.  In some cases, however, the wolf is a cub and Luis could handle it without screaming so loudly.  It would bring greater attention to the times when he really is being eaten.

And F**K Stoke.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2012, 08:03:57 pm by xosder »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2012, 08:06:07 pm »
Good article Kris. I agree there isn't a witch hunt against Suarez and diving, as Suarez doesn't need to dive for people to be on his case, he simply has to exist. I hope he leaves now, great player but it's no longer fair for him to be subjected to the kind of things he is. I have never ever in my life seen a sportsman across any type of sport be subjected to the hate he has.

Nothing to do with paranoia, I can't remember where a sportsman has had so much shit slung his way.

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »
While this country has enough senseless idiots.. the Luis Suarez of this
world will always have problems..

You only have to speak to a friend who doesnt delve deeper than the headline
unless its his own club.. He/She'll tell you Suarez is a racist/diver/cheat based on media
perception and think how many are like minded..

This country is inherently racist and the fact that they are trying oust Suarez from
Britain will eventually prove my point.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 9, 2012, 08:08:58 pm »
You get more pretentious by the day la
cyas

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: October 9, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »
There is so much wrong with this article that it is hard to even conceive that it was written by a Red.

Suarez doesn't dive in the traditional sense, but he does flick his neck, arch his back and bellow in anguish at most challenges. His general demeanour towards officials is one of impetuousness - something fans love, but few others do, especially the recipients of his forked tongue. Consciously or subconsciously, when Suarez is prone on the floor, it is harder to give him the decision he is pleading for.

This is a good distinction that isnt made in most articles regarding diving, but it is undone by your preceeding paragraphs when you detail the "stupid" incident against Stoke which was most certainly a "dive in the traditional sense".  If the point of your comparison with the fable is that Suarez's actions on the pitch, i.e. arching his back, rolling around on the ground, yelling at linesmen is crying wolf, then there is no need to use the Stoke incident as an example becuase it disproves your point.  What he did against Stoke was a dive.  It takes you several more paragraphs to get the nugget of truth in your article, namely that Suarez's dive aganist Stoke is no more or less morally insiduous than the actions of Huth or any overly agressive tackle, or waiving imaginary cards, or rolling around on the ground wasting time at the end of a match.  This point needs to be made much sooner in your article.

Klinsmann was one of the clever ones; after a goal on his debut against Sheffield Wednesday, he celebrated with a self-deprecating dive, which then became a trademark. Any indiscretion from the German that season took a comedic tone. Similarly, Cristiano Ronaldo was labelled as a diver, but it was seen as a by-product of his world-class talent and visceral passion to be the best. Suarez, at this moment, has the benefit of neither.

Brendan Rodgers disagrees with you as he has clearly said that Suarez's actions and reactions on the pitch come from his strong competitive nature and that he does not want to temper Suarez's nature too much.  I would also argue that Suarez is a world-class talent, not Ronaldo, but certainly in top echelon of world football players.  All of this is clearly a by-product of the entire way Suarez plays football, with a chip on his shoulder.  And in many ways is aggrevated by the fact that he is the least protected player in the FA at the moment.

But there is no witch hunt against the 25-year-old and diving - certainly not in the media,

I disagree with this as well.  Suarez's name has singularly been mentioned in this context over the last few weeks.  His face adorns every article on the subject.  This comes straight out of the media's narrative from last year when Kenny and the team backed him in the face of the racial allegations.  Ever since that game when the team wore Suarez t-shirts, the media have had Suarez in their crosshairs.  They are unloading on him at the moment.

This article just adds fuel to the media fire against our own lad.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2012, 08:22:08 pm by MobileBayRed »
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #9 on: October 9, 2012, 08:14:47 pm »
Did you actually read it?
The guys kicked from pillar to post, and even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
If he dives every now and then it just DOESN'T justify the treatment he's been given by defenders this season. He's been kicked, punched and pushed all over the pitch and he's the one being booked or penalised. 
The defenders can kick him then complain when he goes down due to the 'reputation' he has.
Refs are simply thinking 'Its Suarez he dives' and goes OK the defender must be telling the truth cause Suarez has been proved by the FA to be of dubious character.
It's all bollox, Every week we see in replay the kicks, elbow smashes and the like that he's been the subject of.
We've had years of Nani, Valencia Welbeck etc. making a meal of minimal contact often resulting in pens / penalties that change games.
I'm fed up of the Suarez witch hunt is pissing off so much and the refusal of most of the press to ignore the clear injustice is just driving me away from the sport.

The boy who cried wolf is a tale of a liar who for once tells the truth and gets ignored. Suarez is the victim much more than the boy who cried wolf.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 9, 2012, 08:20:35 pm »
You honestly don't think there's a witch hunt against Suarez?

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 9, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »

Just seen another article on BBC sport about FIFA saying how diving is a cancer. Picture obviously shows Suarez and the first paragraph is attacking him. Most comments so far are blasting Suarez.

I honestly do wonder how he feels being the most hated footballer in England. How many have been treated this way before? You'd think it's the first time someone has been labelled a diver.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2012, 08:28:45 pm »
Good article although I think there is a witch-hunt against him.

The furore over Suarez just highlights how stupid and easily impressible the general populace is. People do not think for themselves and simply swallow up whatever the latest media offering is and regurgitate them as their own thoughts, as shown by the sheer amount of times people have commented that Suarez moves in an unnatural manner after it was highlighted on sky sports. I believe the term is skywashed and it's sickening to see ordinarily intelligent people surrender their minds to mindless buffoons like the majority of football pundits in this country. Absolutely sickening to see. The reasoning that 'because he dived on Sunday that justifies him not getting decisions' which is commonly trotted out is stupidity of the highest order but people can't seem to realise that, unless of course the football media choose to highlight it. Until then, we all live in hope
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #13 on: October 9, 2012, 08:29:11 pm »
personally i'm past giving a fuck what anyone else thinks of our luis.

if they want to paint him as the premiership bad boy its because he doesn't speak english and play the london media game.

all we can do is back him to the hilt and delight in the goals he's bringing our first team.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #14 on: October 9, 2012, 08:30:35 pm »
You honest don't believe that there isn't one?

Ferguson wanted Suarez to never play in England again, FA found his evidence of poor quality and refs allow him to be pummelled for 90 minutes per game.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15 on: October 9, 2012, 08:33:38 pm »
I wonder how much it bothers Suarez? I mean it must get to him, but since he just signed a new deal it can't be all that bad for him personally.

Offline paz22

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »
A couple of quotes from Suarez' press conference today (sorry if not the right thread):

"If I read the papers, I wouldn't be able to play in England. I'm happy at Liverpool; the coach and my teammates love me".

"I have to improve my attitude on the pitch, my anxiety makes me complain a lot".

http://www.elobservador.com.uy/noticia/234395/si-me-pongo-a-leer-los-diarios-no-podria-jugar-en-inglaterra/ (it has Mostar's video in it :P)

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 9, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
Just seen another article on BBC sport about FIFA saying how diving is a cancer. Picture obviously shows Suarez and the first paragraph is attacking him. Most comments so far are blasting Suarez.

I honestly do wonder how he feels being the most hated footballer in England. How many have been treated this way before? You'd think it's the first time someone has been labelled a diver.

He doesn't help himself, the dive he did on Sunday was one of the worst I have ever seen by any player.

It needs to Be stopped throughout the game, virtually everyone's at it and it pisses me right off!
« Last Edit: October 9, 2012, 08:44:09 pm by KennyDaggers »

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 9, 2012, 08:47:12 pm »
He doesn't help himself, the dive he did on Sunday was one of the worst I have ever seen by any player.

It needs to Be stopped throughout the game, virtually everyone's at it and it pisses me right off!

Laughable. Another player did the exact same thing over the weekend and no one says a word. Come off it.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 9, 2012, 08:51:55 pm »

He was actually fouled initially, not condoning his dive but he definitely should have had a peno.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 9, 2012, 08:52:46 pm »
Laughable. Another player did the exact same thing over the weekend and no one says a word. Come off it.

That was laughable as well, so that makes it ok?

Suarez did get kicked pillar to post, he got stamped on, but itha doesn't make diving right, I can't stand it. Give it back if you want but cut the diving out, it's embarrassing!
« Last Edit: October 9, 2012, 08:54:18 pm by KennyDaggers »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 9, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »
That was laughable as well, so that makes it ok?

Suarez did get kicked pillar to post, he got stamped on but it doesn't make diving right, I can't stand it. Give it back if you want but cut the diving out, it's embarrassing!

Doesn't make it right no. How much talk is there in the press about it though?

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 9, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »

Because it was shockingly bad and a badly blatant dive. I get the feeling this diving is coming to a head now and they'll try and do something to sort it out soon.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 9, 2012, 08:57:51 pm »
Because it was shockingly bad and a badly blatant dive. I get the feeling this diving is coming to a head now and they'll try and do something to sort it out soon.

Did you see the other dives? In my opinion they were worse.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #24 on: October 9, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »
Far from the worst dive ever. Jesus fucking christ, maybe its the only dive you have ever seen.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #25 on: October 9, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »
The simple truth is this.  If Rooney had done all of what Suarez has done in the last 2 years (biting/handball off the line/Evra/diving etc) ... the English media would STILL be in love with him.

It's British racism at its worst.  Absolute hypocrites the lot of 'em.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2012, 09:02:49 pm »

You understand he was actually originally fouled, yeah? Unlike Bale. Unlike Yaya.

Offline stardorman

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 9, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »
And there wont be anymore talk about Bale et al.. Suarez is now the scapegoat
Almost the same way he was the 'Racism' scapegoat he's know gonna be the face for
diving even thou Bale did exactly the same thing and has a similar history of goin down easy.
We can do absolutely nothing about it and the media will continue to drive their agenda..
Anyone who thinks there's no witchhunt is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Offline stardorman

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 9, 2012, 09:06:28 pm »
The simple truth is this.  If Rooney had done all of what Suarez has done in the last 2 years (biting/handball off the line/Evra/diving etc) ... the English media would STILL be in love with him.

Exactly. Its casual British racism. The country has it engrained into society..
He's a dirty Uruguayan.. 'they're all the same' Kick them out of this country
with the rest of those immigrants.. Unbelievable

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 9, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »
Good article, but if there isn't a witch hunt, it sure seems like there is the perception of one. 

Also - just a point of clarification - I think Huth stamped Suarez across his stomach/chest - not his back. 

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 9, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »

Thing is Rooney has done it. Kicking players on the floor , screaming obscenities in the camera and diving all over the show and you know what happened? The FA stuck up for him and tried to get his bans reduced. Nuff said really

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #31 on: October 9, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »
I thought his dive was a joke - literally
A bit like when Ricky Gervais is 'racist'
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: October 9, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »

He was hated in Netherlands, probably the most hated there at the time. He's used to it.

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #33 on: October 9, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »
Suarez is a great player, game changer, but he is becoming a bit of a liability. You would think that with recent events he would just concentrate on his football and take the kicks up the arse like a fucking man. Im not saying its right, its fucking abysmal the challenges he receives, but when his manager is coming out defending him, saying that we dont get any of the decisions regarding his penalty shouts or any fouls against him, he does that on sunday!! Its like him putting 2 fingers up at everyone who is behind him. The good work that brendan done highlighting that we dont get important decisions seemed to be paying off, the media seemed to be supporting us with this. Now its back to square one because our beloved luis cant grow a fucking brain.

As much as i love him for his football ability he needs to start thinking about everything he is associated with. He needs to cut this stupidity out of his game.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #34 on: October 9, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »
I wonder how much it bothers Suarez? I mean it must get to him, but since he just signed a new deal it can't be all that bad for him personally.

one thing has become clear during the past year - Suarez is one tough little fucker......doesnt seem arsed by any amount of pummeling he gets ...either mentally and physically....hope he's with us for a very long time to come
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 9, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »
Suarez is a great player, game changer, but he is becoming a bit of a liability. You would think that with recent events he would just concentrate on his football and take the kicks up the arse like a fucking man. Im not saying its right, its fucking abysmal the challenges he receives, but when his manager is coming out defending him, saying that we dont get any of the decisions regarding his penalty shouts or any fouls against him, he does that on sunday!! Its like him putting 2 fingers up at everyone who is behind him. The good work that brendan done highlighting that we dont get important decisions seemed to be paying off, the media seemed to be supporting us with this. Now its back to square one because our beloved luis cant grow a fucking brain.

As much as i love him for his football ability he needs to start thinking about everything he is associated with. He needs to cut this stupidity out of his game.

That's all I have to say.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #36 on: October 9, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »

heard the exact same arguments from the bitters in work yesterday and today...they were talking out their hoops as well
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Purple Aki

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: October 9, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »

The most sensible thing I've heard on this forum regarding Suarez.
He's a sexual molester, like a black uncle fester, he will make you tense your biceps, your quads and your triceps.

It's Purple Aki

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 9, 2012, 09:24:11 pm »
How is that at all fucking sensible pal? You want him to keep getting fouled and not ask for fouls 'like a man'? Until when? Until a tackle like Mulumbu's shortens his career by 4-5 years?

Pisstake.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #39 on: October 9, 2012, 09:25:16 pm »
wums wums everywhere and not a drop to drink...