Author Topic: Ojo  (Read 57143 times)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Ojo
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:36:48 pm »
cracking goal tonight, two very promising cameos in the FA cup and all the ingredients to be a successful player for us.

Could this be the next Posh and Becks? Meet aspiring beauty queen and actress Amaani Noor and exciting Liverpool FC prospect Sheyi Ojo – a teenage dream team!

Sheyi, 17, who is on the brink of breaking into the Reds’ first team, and Amaani, 16, a Miss Teen Great Britain semi-finalist, have been going out for 18 months – and are obviously blissfully happy.

At a time when so many teenagers attract such a bad Press, this is a positive, good news story – and a love story.

Sitting in the neat, cosy and comfortable terraced home in Mossley Hill Amaani shares with her mum, Nürah, and 20-year-old brother, Nuh, the friendly and unassuming couple talked to the ECHO about their hopes and dreams for the future, while stressing they are keeping their feet firmly on the ground.

Sheyi, a pacy winger who has been hailed as the next Daniel Sturridge or Raheem Sterling, was born in Watford and lived in Hackney, London from the age of five. He joined Liverpool FC from MK Dons when he was 14. His family moved up with him, and he now lives with his parents, Natasha and Olu, and 10-year-old brother, Toby, in West Derby.

Amaani, a student at Liverpool Media Academy in Duke Street said: “We’ve known each other for about 18 months and met through Twitter.

“I followed him and he followed me back and I messaged him. Someone had retweeted something and his face had come up – it was all by chance, and I suppose it’s a modern way of starting a relationship! I was 15 at the time.

“I initially told Sheyi I was 16 because I think I sounded like such a baby when I told people I was 15! But I didn’t expect us to end up being as serious as we are.”

Sheyi currently has nearly 19,000 Twitter followers – it was about 10,000 when he met Amaani – and he recalls: “I don’t go through my followers and check them all, and was just looking randomly and saw Amaani was following me. I followed back and we started getting to know each other.”

And their first date? “It was to watch the film Insidious: Chapter 2 at Liverpool One. I had training the next morning and the film didn’t finish til 11pm – so I had to make a bit of a sacrifice, but luckily I wasn’t tired at training!”

His girlfriend added: “We’d already been talking for two months so when we met it was like we had known each other for ages. And it was refreshing for me because so many boys don’t want to take you out on dates, but Sheyi wanted to go on a proper date.”

With Sheyi being tipped to make it big with the Reds and Amaani’s hopes of making the final of Miss Teen Great Britain next year and her ambitions to become an actress, the couple will have to prepare themselves for more attention from the media and the public. Will they be ready?

Sheyi says: “I am starting to get recognised. Maybe last year if I was in town no-one would notice me. Now I get kids asking for photos and it can be quite overwhelming, but I suppose it’s something you’ve got to get used to.”

Amaani adds: “I think it’s dead nice. They don’t know him but want to support him. Whatever happens we are going to be supportive of each other – that’s the most important thing. As long as we are happy. But some people already post weird stuff on social media. Someone said ‘You are going to hell, you and Sheyi!’ You’ve got to laugh about it because I clicked onto the person’s profile and they only had three followers!”

As for his girlfriend’s success, Sheyi says: “I’m really happy for her and she deserves it. I hope she can go on to the final and win it.”

And ECHO readers can find out how they can vote her into the final by going onto her Twitter account, @amaani_noor.

Amaani said: “That would really mean a lot. I also entered the Miss Teen Great British Isles competition recently and got through to the finals, but I didn’t go. I regret that, but I’ve got more confidence now.”

Amaani is taking a one year course in performance at the Liverpool Media Academy and then hopes to take a two year musical theatre course.

She said: “I used to love singing, but acting is now my main passion. I’d love to work in the theatre and do pantos.”

Sheyi, meanwhile, uses the hashtag #Faith on his Twitter page, and has the word tattooed on his left arm. He explained: “It is important to me. It’s about the power of the word.”

A young man with the world at his feet
Sheyi Ojo has the prospect of a glittering career ahead of him – but he had the world at his feet when he was as young as 14.

Just three years ago, when he was with MK Dons, many top European clubs came calling.

The 17-year-old said: “I had quite a lot of choices. At home there was Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal – who have always been my team – Everton, Tottenham and Fulham. I wasn’t ready to go abroad but there was interest from Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and Inter Milan.

“In an ideal world I would have wanted to go to Arsenal but the choice was more about my development. The most important thing is to be in the first team at a young age and had I gone to Arsenal or Chelsea it may have been harder. I joined Liverpool when Kenny Dalglish was manager and he was giving youth more of a chance. Brendan Rodgers is doing that, too, so it’s a good time to be younger.

“Already this season I’ve been in the first team squad five times – and one of the highlights was being close to getting on the bench for the home game against Basel in the Champions League.

“You can never really put a time on when you will break into the first team, but I think I’m definitely close.”

As for being compared to Messrs Sturridge and Sterling, Sheyi, whose favourite Reds player is Philippe Coutinho, says: “Obviously it’s a nice compliment but I’m not trying to get too ahead of myself. I just want to focus on performing well.”

Sheyi has played five times for England Under 18s, and says: “I always feel so proud to represent my country.”

He has come a long way in three years – “When I joined Liverpool my parents were organising their house move, so I spent two weeks in digs in Rainhill – probably the hardest two weeks of my life, because I was lonely.”

That soon changed, but one thing has remained the same – he had the world at his feet at 14, and he still has the world at his feet three years on.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/exclusive---meet-teenage-dream-8314038#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$4

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:39:34 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: Ojo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:40:39 pm »
Future star for us ? - brilliant finish and two good cameo performances - more to come hopefully !!

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:49:41 pm »
The next Raheem Sterling, without the attitude or greed.
Seen us win everything

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:41 pm »
Much closer to Yaya than Raheem. He's just such a gifted athlete that he can play on the wing and still produce outstanding displays. He'll become a destroyer of worlds as a CM, though. Immensely talented.
Justice For The 96

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:01 pm »
ohhh, ojo
you've got some mojo
let me watch you play in slow mo
can the defence stop you? no no
left foot, top corner, woah woah
the boy put on a show show
his football seems to flow flow
he's on the wing, now go go!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »
ohhh, ojo
you've got some mojo

Fuck no

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:59:07 pm »
Seen us win everything

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:59:41 pm »
ohhh, ojo
you've got some mojo

Sorry mate got to be using the Hokey Cokey

Woahh Sheyi Sheyi Ojo

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 12:04:10 am »
Physically he is absolutely perfect for a Klopp team, not just with strength but also with pace. He's one of those deceptive buggers who you think is running slow but who is actually fucking shifting. He's raw, will make mistakes and might make you tear your hair out a bit while he's developing. But he's got absolutely bags of talent for such a young lad. Tonight I was particularly pleased to see him hugging the touchline, getting chalk on his boots, getting stuck in. Already he makes me more excited than the endless dickery of Lallana. Good fucking work Sheyi, keep it up lad!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 12:06:38 am »

Could this be the next Posh and Becks?

And the day was going so well...

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:11:29 am »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 12:13:20 am »
Could this be the next Posh and Becks? Meet aspiring beauty queen and actress Amaani Noor and exciting Liverpool FC prospect Sheyi Ojo – a teenage dream team!

er, aspiring beauty queen?  It's not really something you work at, without surgery that is.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 12:14:53 am »
ojo, you're our hero!
now score to make it one - zero
fire us up the league
it's time to believe
ojo runs down the wing
he makes the kop sing, sing, sing

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:02 am »
Sorry mate got to be using the Hokey Cokey

Woahh Sheyi Sheyi Ojo

He puts his left foot in,
His left foot out:
In, out, in, out.
He shakes it all about.
He does the Sheyi Ojo,
And scores a goal
That's what it's all about!

;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 12:25:26 am »
We found our Ojo!

I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 12:29:11 am »
Let's be realistic - the standard required these days is frightening and the age at which you have to start contributing is younger and younger as you don't stay at Liverpool beyond 22 or 23 without breaking into the team.

Of that shadow team tonight who would people think might play in a PL or CL winning side?

My guess.

Nil.

The game has moved on - an Owen or Fowler are the measure in terms of age and ability - you probably see that with Deli Alli now. We haven't got anyone in that group in my view, other than maybe Smith.

This Club needs to be harder on itself and recognise the challenge. Klopp will be positive about these kids but he'll know that there's one or none who will play in a PL winning team - which should be our standard.

Ojo's got two years to breakthrough into us and play for England.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 12:36:04 am »
Already he makes me more excited than the endless dickery of Lallana. Good fucking work Sheyi, keep it up lad!
Been waiting for this phrase my whole life

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 12:36:41 am »
Cup Ojo, a rich blend with a very tasty finish

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 12:43:05 am »
That goal is all you need to know he's got a chance; utter quality

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 12:43:09 am »
#JFT97

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 12:51:00 am »
Great to see young talent coming through. You could sense the crowd getting excited whenever he got the ball. Perhaps because we haven't built him up to be disappointed yet :) Hope he stays under the radar but I doubt he will if he keeps scoring goals like Sturridge.

How low does he wear his socks though?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 12:53:24 am »
I really hope we give him a go in what is left of this season.  He's a talent, you could see that away at Exeter when he came on set up our equaliser and now tonight he's scored a goal that the best players would be proud of, absolute top quality.

If you saw him playing for the under-21's you would have recognised that this is someone who has every chance of making it at the highest level.  He has everything; pace, power, technique, game intelligence; what do we have to lose giving him an opportunity?

I'm not being knee-jerk based off what he did tonight, I've been a big fan of Ojo's for a long time and I really think he's going to be something special.  There's a really nice arrogance about him, from the moment he came on tonight he was positive, he was direct, he was looking to make things happen; we're missing a player like that.  Not many teenagers come on at Anfield and play and score in a fashion that would make you think that they've been doing it for years.

What do we have to lose giving him an opportunity on Saturday?  In games like the one tonight you look for young players to step up and do something to grab your attention, to show you that they have something about them.  Ojo is that sort of young player, I really hope that we see a lot more of him between now and May. 

If we do, I have every confidence that he will prove he is good enough to be a first-team player for Liverpool.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 01:10:16 am »
Beautiful goal tonight. Defender didn't receive help fast enough, and had to back off weary of his pace and potential to play a ball from the byline through the six yard box. So the space was there for Ojo to deliver such a nice technical finish. We all know it was "just Exeter" but many English sides would have had a problem dealing with him in those kind of situations. That goal reminded me a little bit of a Sturridge finish :)

Definitely curious to see more of the lad. Looked very promising in the first leg as well. Well in.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:13 am »
Congratulations to the lad for the nice goal. Hope it's the first of many.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 01:23:58 am »
Been following Ojo since he started playing for the U18. If there's one who has the potential to breakthrough, Ojo is the one. Skill, pace and power in abundance. With the right attitude, desire and application, he should make the grade. Clearly he relished the sub appearances against Exeter. Klopp will keep him here from now on

The OP should leave out the part on his private life. It has nothing to do with Ojo the footballer.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 01:33:42 am »
OK I'm going to give him my remaining blind optimism that we have a future titan of the game in our youth ranks for a little while now, that left foot today
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 02:01:39 am »
For those more clued into the youth setup than I, how good can he be really?
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 02:24:18 am »

Pogba or bust!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 02:26:52 am »
Is boss.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline joeey10

• Main Stander
  • Canadian Red
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 02:34:42 am »
The Road End is dead. In it's stead is the biggest aggregation of c*nts since the 50 year reunion at the Playboy Mansion.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 02:37:08 am »
He can be as good as he wants. He has the skill, and the body to shine. I dont know him personally so I cant speak about his desire but hes a special lad. I used to watch a lot of reserve games especially last season, and he bossed most games. They used him a lot on the left wing, providing service to Sinclair, and Wilson on the opposite wing. He has a lot of pace, its scary.
Seen us win everything

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 03:00:36 am »

He's got the highest ceiling of any of the lads. Genuinely has everything in his locker. He's the best penalty taker at the club by a mile. His sock game is already Ballon d'Or worthy. Check out this performance for England when he bossed play from the middle of the park. This is why I, and others, say he's a CM long-term. He's much, much more than a pacy winger.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsAWchgFsb8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SsAWchgFsb8?fs=1</a>
Justice For The 96

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:58 am »
Not sure about the stuff outside of football not really bothered, but he has so much talent with great potential if he applies himself.  Someone with his physical qualities and the end product to boot.  Hopefully we see a lot more of him in the future.

Offline Miklagard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:23 am »
He has more talent than anyone this guy. I also think his best position is in midfield. What a goal!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:57:46 am by Miklagard »

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 04:58:43 am »
Klopp tried very hard to tamper the expectations but I will be surprised that he's not delighted by how Ojo embraced the opportunities given to him in the 2 games against Exeter. He must be excited to have the chance to help this boy to realise his full potential
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 05:12:57 am »
That finish. Sturridge esque.

Really like the look of this kid. He's built like the proverbial brick shit house, isn't he?

No one's had shin-pads that small since Didi Hamman :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 05:17:13 am »

He needs a '+' between the 5 and the 4.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:14 am »
That finish. Sturridge esque.

Actually reminded me of... young Messi  :shocked :shocked

Honestly... in the sense that you think, this kids young and might fluff his lines, but in reality he was a million miles ahead of everyone else and it was in the back of the net before anyone had any idea he'd even thought of taking a shot

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 06:27:05 am »
Two nice cameos :). Is he more likely to breakthrough in CM or on the wing/wide midfield considering the players he has in front of him? (do we get a more senior winger in the next transfer window to rotate with Ibe?).

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 06:34:33 am »
Two nice cameos :). Is he more likely to breakthrough in CM or on the wing/wide midfield considering the players he has in front of him? (do we get a more senior winger in the next transfer window to rotate with Ibe?).

Wing more likely to start with. It's a lot more pressure and a lot tougher to come through in CM I feel and there's a bit more margin for error playing on the wing.

He's got to make his case from now until the end of the season before Klopp decides what he wants to do.