Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512695 times)

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7680 on: January 21, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »
New shop getting bigger.
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7681 on: January 22, 2017, 10:18:10 pm »
New shop getting bigger.
Can tell from that white wall with the red box in front of it that the build is behind schedule. Probably won't be ready until next season at this point. ;)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7682 on: January 23, 2017, 01:09:36 pm »
Can tell from that white wall with the red box in front of it that the build is behind schedule. Probably won't be ready until next season at this point. ;)
If it was due to open tomorrow you would probably think it was still possible because we can't see behind the hoardings!

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7683 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:23 pm »
Is the area around the stairs and escalator going to be finished out of season?

Seems strange that the snagging hasnt been resolved
cyas

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7684 on: January 26, 2017, 10:00:54 am »
FWIW, owens_2k might well be right here, I was told last night that it's a fair way from completion, might even be 100% complete until May.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7685 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:52 pm »
FWIW, owens_2k might well be right here, I was told last night that it's a fair way from completion, might even be 100% complete until May.

Could well be - the point is that the state of the corridor to the tunnel tells you nothing. The latest Tunnel-cam shows that it's pretty much finished - ceiling tiles and lights in the front part of the corridor, bumper rails fitted and more ironmongery in. Protection removed from the double doors etc.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #7686 on: January 27, 2017, 12:25:48 am »
So what we're saying is that the building team were straight out of the blocks from the close season, made significant progress trying to live up to all their promise, and since Christmas have fallen behind somewhat with the schedule and will labour on in to the end of the season with little to show for it? Makes sense.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7687 on: January 27, 2017, 08:25:39 am »
Could well be - the point is that the state of the corridor to the tunnel tells you nothing. The latest Tunnel-cam shows that it's pretty much finished - ceiling tiles and lights in the front part of the corridor, bumper rails fitted and more ironmongery in. Protection removed from the double doors etc.
Theres a lot more than 4 days work to do inside. Which was my original point

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7688 on: January 27, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »

Possibly, but since you've consistently refused to tell us what exactly you think that is, we're none the wiser.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7689 on: January 27, 2017, 09:24:46 pm »
So what we're saying is that the building team were straight out of the blocks from the close season, made significant progress trying to live up to all their promise, and since Christmas have fallen behind somewhat with the schedule and will labour on in to the end of the season with little to show for it? Makes sense.

:D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7690 on: January 27, 2017, 10:13:41 pm »

This is boring but hey ho... your original point was that the corridor had months of work when in fact it's 99% done with a few days left in January.

Still convinced that the internals are going to be completed by the end of Jan?

I've seen the tunnel cam!

For me the tunnel cam videos indicate that the internals won't be ready. I won't bore you with the details but it looks like that will be the case from the things I can see in that video.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7691 on: January 28, 2017, 10:01:03 pm »
This is boring but hey ho... your original point was that the corridor had months of work when in fact it's 99% done with a few days left in January.

Please tell me where I said it had months of work? I just said it clearly won't be completed.

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7692 on: January 29, 2017, 02:51:14 pm »
So, probably should know about this but what are the plans for the current club shop when the new one is finished?
 Another hospitality suite I assume?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7693 on: January 29, 2017, 04:30:34 pm »
So, probably should know about this but what are the plans for the current club shop when the new one is finished?
 Another hospitality suite I assume?

Think they initially said it'll still be used on match days.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7694 on: January 29, 2017, 05:11:38 pm »
Think they initially said it'll still be used on match days.

Oh, right. Thanks

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #7695 on: January 30, 2017, 10:11:41 pm »
When are they going to name the thing? I was expecting fanfare and fireworks by now introducing the Stadium Naming Rights.
Nothing yet though.
Not exactly a big deal, but I expected FSG to be hot on maximising profit from the stand.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7696 on: January 30, 2017, 10:29:51 pm »
They could have had one at any point but suspect they are waiting until they get the one they want

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7697 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:16 am »
id imagine whatever work needs done wont be finished 100% til end of the season judging by this thread. probably come along visually in the next while as after tonight we have one home game in about 5 weeks.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #7698 on: February 6, 2017, 11:33:28 pm »

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7699 on: February 7, 2017, 10:57:14 pm »
Just out of interest because my only structural knowledge comes from helping the kids with their lego, if (and that's a big if) the anfield road stand gets rebuilt is there anyway to add a lot more seats to the centenary stand where the tv studio is, as it's always seemed to me to take up a lot of space, and you could extend the top tier of the centenary by quite a lot by removing the studio. I would have thought doing that at the same time as the anfield road stand would make sense and surely cost wise it wouldn't be massive and would add a good couple of thousand seats. In the long term the security box near the kop end is the same a hell of a lot of space taken up, as I say I'm no expert but every time I look at those corners they seem wasted, what do you lot think?

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #7700 on: February 8, 2017, 09:02:40 am »
Where are you suggesting they should be relocated to? Part of the new AR stand? 

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7701 on: February 8, 2017, 09:24:22 am »
"you could extend the top tier of the centenary by quite a lot by removing the studio."

You couldn't. It's not that big. It's a room at the end of the corridor on the same level as the hospitality suites. It's not some huge room on top of the stand, far from it.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7702 on: February 8, 2017, 09:56:06 am »
if the anny road is extended that is pretty much going to be it i would say as far as extending the ground goes.

unless they do the kop again
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #7703 on: February 8, 2017, 10:40:58 am »
Just out of interest because my only structural knowledge comes from helping the kids with their lego, if (and that's a big if) the anfield road stand gets rebuilt is there anyway to add a lot more seats to the centenary stand where the tv studio is, as it's always seemed to me to take up a lot of space, and you could extend the top tier of the centenary by quite a lot by removing the studio. I would have thought doing that at the same time as the anfield road stand would make sense and surely cost wise it wouldn't be massive and would add a good couple of thousand seats. In the long term the security box near the kop end is the same a hell of a lot of space taken up, as I say I'm no expert but every time I look at those corners they seem wasted, what do you lot think?

I know what you mean, but I think they'd have to extend the truss for the roof, build a new pylon/support just for a few extra seats. I doubt it'd be worth it.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7704 on: February 8, 2017, 11:08:28 am »
I know what you mean, but I think they'd have to extend the truss for the roof, build a new pylon/support just for a few extra seats. I doubt it'd be worth it.

Your Probably right, but those corners are a mess and if they are doing the anfield road stand it would make perfect sense really, I don't know how many seats that would add maybe 2k, it would be the perfect time to get rid of the the box and do something with that corner whether it's extra seats or the extra corporate, they just look like a complete mish mash and waste of space and where the kop joins the centenary it's even worse as it's pretty much dominated by the security box. looking at the pic although the tv studio is in line with the centenary stand it's actually part of the anfield road stand as are the seats below the studio, there must be a way of improving the corner :) plus if we improve the corner maybe we will automatically make our set pieces (corners) improve at the same time, we wish. :)

http://www.avillafan.com/wp-content/uploads/Liverpool14152.jpg

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/images/image/product/property/anfield-liverpool-fc-the-kop-stand-1411379288.jpg
« Last Edit: February 8, 2017, 11:21:00 am by Redric1970 »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7705 on: February 8, 2017, 11:18:38 am »
It's sort of placed between the two but is accessed at the top of the Upper Centenary stairs at that end.

Would almost certainly be a pretty big pain in the arse to do, but imagine they'll try and do something to fit in any additional seats in that space if they can.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7706 on: February 8, 2017, 11:23:53 am »
It's sort of placed between the two but is accessed at the top of the Upper Centenary stairs at that end.

Would almost certainly be a pretty big pain in the arse to do, but imagine they'll try and do something to fit in any additional seats in that space if they can.

I know the cost probably outweighs the pros, but both corners of the centenary are a mess, and if corporate is something they are looking for they could probably add 5-6 boxes stacked in the corner? But I don't know as I said my expertise doesn't stretch beyond lego, but they could make the corner a real eye opener with a bit of vision and probably a lot of dosh 🙂

Ps it's a lot more chilled in here than the FSG thread, I feel safe in here 🙂
« Last Edit: February 8, 2017, 11:28:00 am by Redric1970 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7707 on: February 8, 2017, 11:27:38 am »
Corner seats sell for a lot less than normal, and corps (especially boxes) often expect a great view which means along the length of the pitch - ideally towards the half way line. So not sure it would really be worth putting boxes there.

The stands are all individual, it what makes Anfield, well Anfield. Having a few random spots like this is due to these different stands and should be expected. Filling the corners in would just create some random half bowl type stand which would look strange under two different roof types.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7708 on: February 8, 2017, 11:31:32 am »
Corner seats sell for a lot less than normal, and corps (especially boxes) often expect a great view which means along the length of the pitch - ideally towards the half way line. So not sure it would really be worth putting boxes there.

The stands are all individual, it what makes Anfield, well Anfield. Having a few random spots like this is due to these different stands and should be expected. Filling the corners in would just create some random half bowl type stand which would look strange under two different roof types.

I see what you mean, it just seems to me that the two boxes that end and the one at the kop end could be improved, but as you say cost probably outweighs, but I do hope if they do redevelop the Annie road (and that's a big if) they do try and sort the corner at the same time, but that's just what I would like to see happen not what I think will happen.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7709 on: February 8, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »
Corner seats sell for a lot less than normal

Not if you do what those clever people at Manchester United do - scratch the name 'corner' and call it 'quadrant' :)
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7710 on: February 8, 2017, 01:58:07 pm »
Anfield could look like a waffle for all I care, just get more fucking seats in.
cyas

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7711 on: February 8, 2017, 04:38:51 pm »

That's why we should give the seats in blocks 128 & 129 to the away fans paying £30.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7712 on: February 8, 2017, 05:12:57 pm »
Not if you do what those clever people at Manchester United do - scratch the name 'corner' and call it 'quadrant' :)

And the corner seats at the WestfalenStadion are premium/hospitality seats.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7713 on: February 8, 2017, 07:40:21 pm »
It would just be nice to see the tv studio gone at the Annie road, centenary road corner, (obviously that's if the stand gets done) as I have always felt it looked a mess.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7714 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:34 am »
Don't shoot me down I know it's off skyscraper city but I thought it looked good the Annie road mirroring the main stand🙂

https://s30.postimg.org/sb8eru99t/anfield.jpg

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7715 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:57 am »
The seats at the back at that height would be so far back you'd need binoculars to see the far goal line.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7716 on: February 10, 2017, 11:06:48 am »
The seats at the back at that height would be so far back you'd need binoculars to see the far goal line.

To be fair though Craig the way we have been playing lately that might not be a bad thing🙂, in all honesty though a two tier version in the same style would look fanatastic, the join between the stands and roof look very good, very smart but still keeping the stands individual.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7719 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:26 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/254580-lfc-submits-planning-application-to-improve-anfield-accessibility

Looks like the KOP will be expanded slightly. Hmmmmmmm

Not 'expanded' but moving of disabled seats at front will likely see seats be added there instead.