Author Topic: Getting angry at the right people - just lock it  (Read 211942 times)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ***LIVE CAMPAIGN THREAD*** - Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2010, 08:29:47 pm »
You're fuckin shittin me, Kit. That is EXACTLY the idea I had in mind when I proposed it, and was going to work on something identical to that. LOL Just as well you did. Saved me the effort. :) Well, there was going to be that accompanied with a peice or artwork to illustrate the message behind the image. I'll just work on that half, then?

the image is tops and the words cleverly understated - I'd have opted for 'Blood Suckin good?' but it's probably a bit too much in yer face
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2010, 08:30:12 pm »
Trojan maybe? As we've basically let them two into a secure place and let them destroy it from the inside.

As for the DVD cover, I did attempt to design a back cover but failed pretty badly - didn't look nearly as good as the front cover, so I decided to leave it. Kitster, are you okay with me posting a DVD cover template with your image as the front cover, so we can get the DVD plan moving? Don't want to post it before we get approval, especially as people have been making t-shirts out of the design in less than a day.
sure. send some ideas for what details you wanted to include on the back too.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2010, 08:33:01 pm »
Ribbed for her pleasure Robbed for their pleasure?

Sorry.
lol What have I started here!

The innuendo that can be gleemed, I wonder. I'll leave that for the more witty of minds.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »
sure. send some ideas for what details you wanted to include on the back too.

Cheers Kit, I was basically going to just elaborate on the debt levels, with us paying £110,000 a day, £76 every minute, £1.27 every second, etc, and then just have something like "HELP STOP THIS HAPPENING - GO TO www.website.com"

That reminds me, as we're effectively running this as a seperate operation to SOS now, do we think we need a website to direct people to? Doing a quick domain name search, I found that:

www.saveliverpoolfc.co.uk - Taken, but no website - just redirects to a domain registration page
www.savelfc.co.uk - Available
www.save-lfc.co.uk - Available
www.helpliverpoolfc.co.uk - Available
www.helplfc.co.uk - Available
www.helptheliverbird.co.uk - Available

Anyone have any better ideas for domain names or preferences for one of the above?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2010, 08:47:45 pm »
lol What have I started here!

The innuendo that can be gleemed, I wonder. I'll leave that for the more witty of minds.

TOMHIX instead?

Instead of the twenty put the debt amount?

I dunno..
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2010, 08:49:23 pm »
Not sure Tampax is the right way to go.... it stops bleeding, actually helps and is useful to a twat, whereas H&G are just useless twats....

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:58 pm »
Cheers Kit, I was basically going to just elaborate on the debt levels, with us paying £110,000 a day, £76 every minute, £1.27 every second, etc, and then just have something like "HELP STOP THIS HAPPENING - GO TO www.website.com"

That reminds me, as we're effectively running this as a seperate operation to SOS now, do we think we need a website to direct people to? Doing a quick domain name search, I found that:

www.saveliverpoolfc.co.uk - Taken, but no website - just redirects to a domain registration page
www.savelfc.co.uk - Available
www.save-lfc.co.uk - Available
www.helpliverpoolfc.co.uk - Available
www.helplfc.co.uk - Available
www.helptheliverbird.co.uk - Available

Anyone have any better ideas for domain names or preferences for one of the above?

How about www.saveyourbeloved.com
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2010, 08:57:19 pm »
How's about Piles - they are a pain in the arse - Hemorrhoids

there's got to be some stuff on them - just typing out loud like

There's one for 'Preparation Hicks'

Effective relief from huge loans associated with parasites

Soothes lying
Reduces painful leeching
Quickly absorbed for debt relief

Contains natural scousers to encourage club repair

domain name fight for liverpool (ffl)?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:00:10 pm by Vulmea »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »
domain name fight for liverpool (ffl)?

I like that. Both .com and .co.uk available, but I think .com would be the better option for a wider reach.

Do we have any web development geniuses here? I know the basics enough to make something half decent in Dreamweaver, but it wouldn't be fantastic. If anyone else wants to have a go at it let me know and we can sort out details in this thread of what info we need on there. If not, I'll be happy to have a go at making the site, but it may be a week or two as I have university exams which don't finish until a week today.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:17 pm »
I honestly believe this is better aimed at RBS.

Offline tampared

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2010, 11:48:34 pm »
With all the talk this side of the pond about the Texas Rangers bankruptcy, how about contacting some of their bloggers. I am sure they mostly hate hicks and would print some stuff.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-25/rangers-see-no-viable-option-except-sale-of-team-update2-.html
To contact the reporter on this story: David McLaughlin in New York at dmclaughlin9@bloomberg.net; Thomas Korosec in Fort Worth, Texas, at tkorosec@sbcglobal.net
jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

To contact the editor responsible for this story: John Pickering at jpickering@bloomberg.net.
The Words every Father Dreads
"Dad can I have a Man U kit?"
If you even think a child of yours would utter these words.......
don't risk it be safe use a condom.
Better safe then sorry!

royhendo

« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:53 pm »
The URL was something Flake was looking at but if we're going to press on, two things to bear in mind:

1. It needs to be fully functional - a half-assed website is counter-productive.
2. Its URL would need to not involve 'yanks out' or similar, and it would need to promote long term unity amongst the fans. ElSheak's early posters, for example, contained specimen URLs that were interesting.

We need to discuss this further because it's pivotal. We provide a unified 'rallying point' (possibly one of many, but ideally just one) beyond the subscription, policy-based one that SOS offers. We can do this but it needs funding, planning and polish before we refer people to it as a URL.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2010, 12:01:55 am »
2. Its URL would need to not involve 'yanks out'

www.yanksout.com is taken ;)

Offline Free Kuyt

• Anny Roader
  • Freak out
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2010, 12:17:30 am »
It's a bit Blue Peter, but I did a mock-up of a template to make a cig packet.

Print it out on a bit of card, cut out, fold up, bit of Pritt Stick and Bob's your uncle - functional propaganda to take to the pub.

Tried it with paper and sellotape and it comes out cig pack sized, although the design could do with a professional makeover.

Might be another way to use Kitsters awesome Weetabix design as well - guerilla packaging...

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2010, 12:18:29 am »
The URL was something Flake was looking at but if we're going to press on, two things to bear in mind:

1. It needs to be fully functional - a half-assed website is counter-productive.
2. Its URL would need to not involve 'yanks out' or similar, and it would need to promote long term unity amongst the fans. ElSheak's early posters, for example, contained specimen URLs that were interesting.

We need to discuss this further because it's pivotal. We provide a unified 'rallying point' (possibly one of many, but ideally just one) beyond the subscription, policy-based one that SOS offers. We can do this but it needs funding, planning and polish before we refer people to it as a URL.

Yeah, we definitely need to decide on a URL which is catchy but keeps to the criteria above. From El Sheak's early images I can remember the URL www.weareliverpool.com which would have been ideal, but appears to be taken. Performing a WHOIS lookup on the address reveals it was registered on 10th of June 2008, and set to expire on the 10th of June this year, if it isn't renewed.

Annoyingly, when I checked the URL about a week ago, nothing had been uploaded, and it just redirected to a "This domain is hosted with 123-Reg" page, meaning the guy has registered the domain name nearly 2 years ago with seemingly no interest in using it.

The WHOIS lookup contains his address and a possible email (although it looks like a temporary email address to me) - maybe it would be worth contacting him to explain our campaign, how the URL would fit in with our plans, and ask if he'd be willing to transfer it on 10th June when the hosting period runs out?

Otherwise, I think the suggestions of www.fightforliverpool.com or www.fighttosaveliverpool.com were good too, as it implys we need to stand together and fight to save our club.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2010, 12:35:34 am »
We may have a problem. I've just discovered on Facebook that the "message all members" link gets disabled after we hit 5,000 members. This is a big inconvenience as it kind of defeats the point of the group which was to keep people up to date with what was going on here.

I think we have two options now - we can either tell people to keep checking the group page for updates, which won't be as effective as they don't appear in news feeds. Or, we can message people before we hit 5,000 members and tell them to join a fan page, which doesn't seem to have a limit on members, and you can post updates direct to people's news feeds.

The only issues with that are a) messages appear as "updates", and you have to actually click on Inbox to check them, you don't get a message bubble telling you you have an update. And b), is the question of whether people would join.

I think it's definitely the best option though, as once we hit 5,000 members, the group loses a lot of its usability and point. I'll set up the fan page tonight but I'll wait for the OK from Roy before I message everyone to ask them to join it, just in case anyone knows a way around the member limit of the current group.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42:38 am »
We may have a problem. I've just discovered on Facebook that the "message all members" link gets disabled after we hit 5,000 members. This is a big inconvenience as it kind of defeats the point of the group which was to keep people up to date with what was going on here.

I think we have two options now - we can either tell people to keep checking the group page for updates, which won't be as effective as they don't appear in news feeds. Or, we can message people before we hit 5,000 members and tell them to join a fan page, which doesn't seem to have a limit on members, and you can post updates direct to people's news feeds.

The only issues with that are a) messages appear as "updates", and you have to actually click on Inbox to check them, you don't get a message bubble telling you you have an update. And b), is the question of whether people would join.

I think it's definitely the best option though, as once we hit 5,000 members, the group loses a lot of its usability and point. I'll set up the fan page tonight but I'll wait for the OK from Roy before I message everyone to ask them to join it, just in case anyone knows a way around the member limit of the current group.
I'm sure there is some HTML code you can paste in to get past it. I found a site a while back which gave a code which you pasted in so you didnt have to individually send out invites to an event. invited everyone on my friends list. worked perfectly. Not sure what you would specifically search for in this case.

royhendo

« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2010, 07:19:01 am »
With all the talk this side of the pond about the Texas Rangers bankruptcy, how about contacting some of their bloggers. I am sure they mostly hate hicks and would print some stuff.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-25/rangers-see-no-viable-option-except-sale-of-team-update2-.html
To contact the reporter on this story: David McLaughlin in New York at dmclaughlin9@bloomberg.net; Thomas Korosec in Fort Worth, Texas, at tkorosec@sbcglobal.net
jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

To contact the editor responsible for this story: John Pickering at jpickering@bloomberg.net.

I've emailed them mate, thanks for those.

If you guys see any other potential contacts, feel free to email them and offer help along the following lines.

----------------------------------

Good morning all

I write on behalf both of myself as a fan of Liverpool Football Club in England, and of the 4,600 plus people involved in our current campaign "Getting angry at the right people" (based on Facebook membership to the 24th of May - the campaign started on the 4th with a handful of people involved).

As you may or may not know, the club is co-owned by Tom Hicks (owner of the Texas Rangers) and George Gillett (owner of the Montreal Canadiens).

If you'd like details of the campaign, you can find them here.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=258392.0

The Facebook site is here.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124169460933833&ref=ts 

The campaign is working with fellow fans' groups to educate fans as to the facts of the club's ownership situation, and to encourage them to unify in their disapproval of the current ownership regime, and in the demand for fit and proper ownership in the future. The club has been ploughed into perilous debt in a leveraged buyout that was promised would never happen.

My reason for writing is to offer our help. As you'll see from browsing the various sites linked from the two sites above, we have a lot of talented people working on the campaign already, and we want to provide you with compelling and entertaining content if we can that makes it easier for you to do your jobs as writers.

To that end, feel free to email me on <email address> or to post on the Facebook group for the campaign if you feel we can help or provide any information. As I say, the goal is benign - we want to educate in ways that are easy for people to absorb, and if we can do that in funny and interesting ways, then it might make good stories for you guys.

Thanks for your time, and if we can help, please just ask. It'd be a pleasure to work with you, and many of us are professional journalists, artists and communicators, so fingers crossed we can do it to an acceptable standard.

Sincerely...

royhendo

« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2010, 07:30:00 am »
Loving the impressive work happening here.
You might spot the Stake a Claim video in a few more places over the next few weeks.
Let's keep them in our sights.

Nice one Bobby :)

Vulmea mate - plans are afoot to put the content to very good use. Watch this space. :D

Guys - can we please identify the pubs we're going to get this stuff into during the World Cup?

royhendo

« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2010, 07:36:31 am »
One other thing - as well as pubs, supporters clubs, etc, see if you can get shop owners and managers/staff to agree to putting up posters in their shops - I mean corner shops and things by the way. 2 people on the Facebook site have pm'd to suggest similar ideas on those lines.

royhendo

« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:18 am »
Summary of progress to date

Campaign group.
Members on 23/05/2010 - 4,654
Members on 24/05/2010 - 4,761
Members on 25/05/2010 - 4,826
Members on 26/05/2010 - 4,914

I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118729421499806&ref=ts
Members on 23/05/2010 - 282
Members on 24/05/2010 - 347
Members on 25/05/2010 - 381
Members on 26/05/2010 - 410

Get your mates to join if you're on there. There are 1.4m people on the club's official Facebook site. We can start getting in amongst those people.

Official club page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LiverpoolFC?ref=ts

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:23 am »
Rothschild fuckin c*nts another one that needs adding to the list for selling our club down the river ~!!!!

Rothschild, the merchant bank representing
representing
the Americans, assured Anfield
officials “both were good for the
money”. The share offer, Moores contends,
“was laid out in unambiguous
terms . . . the document pledged there
would be no debt placed upon the club,
and significant funds would be made
available for investment in the squad
and the new stadium”.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:04 am »
Summary of progress to date

Campaign group.
Members on 23/05/2010 - 4,654
Members on 24/05/2010 - 4,761
Members on 25/05/2010 - 4,826
Members on 26/05/2010 - 4,914

I bet I can find 500,000 who hope Tom Hicks...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118729421499806&ref=ts
Members on 23/05/2010 - 282
Members on 24/05/2010 - 347
Members on 25/05/2010 - 381
Members on 26/05/2010 - 410

Get your mates to join if you're on there. There are 1.4m people on the club's official Facebook site. We can start getting in amongst those people.

Official club page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LiverpoolFC?ref=ts

Roy, I've created the page now, but haven't yet invited anyone. Just waiting for the OK from here before I send the link around in a group message and ask people to join it, but I think it's the best option, as there doesn't seem to be any way around the inability to send messages to the group once we hit 5,000 members, and we have over 4900 members already.

royhendo

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2010, 09:29:38 am »
I'm not sure it matters if we can't send messages mate. We only get a handful of responses anyway. The discussion forums are just as useful. What's more important is that we can point at the group and demonstrate that 5,000 odd people have joined and get a profile update whenever something new's posted. No?

Oh, and hats off to you mate, cos you've been grafting on this. We all owe you a vote of thanks.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2010, 09:37:20 am »
Hi Roy, A couple of links to supporters clubs in Spain

http://www.lfc-spain.com/

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17340&Itemid=111

The second one is also tied in with a newspaper that covers all of the coast, hope it's of some use
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2010, 10:05:00 am »
It's a bit Blue Peter, but I did a mock-up of a template to make a cig packet.
I genuinely think that's a brilliant idea, and I like the design and the text you have on the pack too. Perhaps one of the design dudes could touch it up, would be superb if these were printed and left in busy pubs etc.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
A bit shit but it took me fucking ages so I'm posting it anyway

Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

royhendo

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2010, 10:36:40 am »
Not shit at all mate - good effort :D

royhendo

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38:22 am »
Hi Roy, A couple of links to supporters clubs in Spain

http://www.lfc-spain.com/

http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17340&Itemid=111

The second one is also tied in with a newspaper that covers all of the coast, hope it's of some use

Thank you mate. I'm gonna just got and try to contact them later today if I get time. No point waiting.

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2010, 11:05:00 am »
Has anything been done around the concept of the three 'Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil' monkeys? A graphic depicting three fans, sitting side-by-side doing these actions might be powerful in shaming the ostriches in our fanbase into action.

royhendo

« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2010, 12:22:22 pm »
Never saw this at any stage, but we can use it - cheers Dave!!

D'yer think they mean like this?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:42 pm »
Roy, it seems to me there's one thing that we need, as a group of supporters fighting corporate evil, and that's legal representation.
I read lots of ideas about broken contracts, about terms of contracts, about borrowing laws, about issues of slander, or issues around ownership and what we can and cannot look into.
We, and I mean SoS, need a full-time solicitor available that we can bounce ideas off.
I think we should waste as much of their time as possible with claims and court appearances and just be a general pain in the ass.

royhendo

« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2010, 12:46:33 pm »
Well, we'd need the kind of funds and resouces (time and personnel) we don't have big man.

What we do have is good ideas and access to mates who are fans. So we can now start getting the word out to them. I still meet people who just have no idea - met one last night. You try, but eventually there's only so much you can do with explanations in pubs. We need good funny mischievous content that's gonna encourage these people to discuss it and realise the facts in the conversations they do have in the pub, or in their email exchanges with their mates, or whatever.

Do things like the KFC and Weetabix posters, and the Liverbird blood bag, and certain other ideas going on behind the scenes, and they'll be able to do that. What we need now are people to think about where they're gonna put these posters, or who they're gonna send the info we've prepared and are still preparing to.

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:33 pm »
Roy, it seems to me there's one thing that we need, as a group of supporters fighting corporate evil, and that's legal representation.
I read lots of ideas about broken contracts, about terms of contracts, about borrowing laws, about issues of slander, or issues around ownership and what we can and cannot look into.
We, and I mean SoS, need a full-time solicitor available that we can bounce ideas off.
I think we should waste as much of their time as possible with claims and court appearances and just be a general pain in the ass.

top post......! these people don't care about petitions and facebook groups! You know what...i went to newcastle away after the yanks first took over. There was a group of newcastle people asking us fans to back them with their campaign against hicks. They said loads of local people had lost their homes becuase hicks hadn't paid them their entitled  redundancy pay when he 'bought' there company!

I smiled took a leaflet and thought bugger that, we can now compete with the best clubs sides in the world, we have a new shinny system on its way and things look bright! I looked down on the floor and there was 100s of leaflets on the floor in the away end of st james park!

My point.....a bloody harsh one here, i didn't care enough then if it meant liverpool were going to be succesful even though these peoples lifes were destroyed just in the same way hicks and them c*nts don't care about our lifes being destroyed as long as they make a quick buck!

Like the doc said all the facebook sites etc are going to improve communaction and awarerness but it needs to lead to something that will hurt those bastards getting to that quick buck! It took them c*nts to burn lfc for me to offer the support to those newcastle people! we need to hurt them in a smililar way and for that i think we need to know what our conquences are likely to be if we go after their pocket!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:53:59 pm by majestic_11 »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:17 pm »
I think it may be something S.O.S have already taken advice on. I may be wrong but it could be worth asking about it.
Alternatively the FSF have an arrangement with Deighton Guedalla Solicitors and offer help and advice to fans.
Maybe that's an option.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2010, 01:24:04 pm »
But this is my concern Roy, imagine every Liverpool fan in the world was educated to the same standard as, say, you.
Then what?
What changes?  How does that get us from where we are now, to new owners of the club?

royhendo

« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2010, 01:25:33 pm »
Boys and girls. We're seeing questions and comments on Facebook related to "I'm not on RAWK, but I want to get involved". What's the best way to get the other forums on board for this? Clearly they're gonna want to do it in their own autonomous ways, and I think that's the only healthy way to ensure it keeps up its head of steam. Do we just say "why not start your own and get in touch with SOS to make sure they're communicating with you"? And then we use the Facebook sites to communicate?

I don't think there's anything we can do to force people to toe a line on this and we'll see other groups appear and do their own thing. Either we embrace that and try our best to keep in touch with each other, or we start arguing with each other (and by definition, getting angry with the wrong people again - "Judaean People's Front!!").

Thoughts?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »
Boys and girls. We're seeing questions and comments on Facebook related to "I'm not on RAWK, but I want to get involved". What's the best way to get the other forums on board for this?

Is RAWK still accepting members?

royhendo

« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2010, 01:29:35 pm »
No mate and it's fair enough - we'd get this kind of question even if RAWK was accepting new members. TLW users want to use TLW. TIA users want to use TIA. And so on and so on. We could use getting them on board in some kind of co-ordinated way. The alternative is that they get pissed off with it being exclusive to RAWK somehow, and ignore it as a result. That's not what we're trying to achieve.