Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 100816 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »
Saw the trailer again, twice.

Fandabidozy. I think it is a better trailer than TDKR second one, so that's going some
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2011, 03:12:30 pm »
you're only a few years older than me, but I don't get the appeal of the Alien films, like the poster you replied to. Having said that, I've seen the four, plus the two AvP films and want to see this. They are films I really want to like, I just don't.

Even a few years possibly makes a big difference - I was young enough that I'd never get in, but was excited about what I'd heard. If I'd been a few years younger I probably wouldn't have given a toss.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2011, 03:50:32 pm »
thats the space jockey

There's a fella standing on the right.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »
There's a fella standing on the right.

yeah.. the fella is the space jockey... he sits in that thing as a chair

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:54 pm »
What a boss year 2012 should be for cinema.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »
I know what you mean. I was spellbound when I first watched it and remain spellbound each time ever since.

Have you ever read the book version of 'Alien'?? I read it long after I'd seen the film several times and it still proper shit me right up, it's creepy as fuck...

I'll definitely give it a go, books are generally better than movies for suspense and horror.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
Why Alien 3 gets slated I will never know. Absolutely it's not as good as the first two, not in any way, but that's not anything to be ashamed of, is it?

Watch Alien 3 on it's own, try to imagine it as a stand alone movie, and it's better than most sci-fi horror out there by a distance.

The 4th is fucking terrible though.
I think that about the 2nd one. Aliens. Love that film. The 1st one, Alien, watched it 3 times and just dont like it.

Not too sure about this one.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2011, 09:37:09 pm »
What a boss year 2012 should be for cinema.

Looks fantastic doesn't it. My order of excitement:

• The Dark Knight Rises
  • Prometheus
  • The Avengers
  • Skyfall
  • The Hobbit
  • Big Mommas House 4: The phatness

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2011, 10:22:14 pm »
The 1st one, Alien, watched it 3 times and just dont like it.
Begone from this place, pernicious caitiff!

I really hope I get to see Alien on the big screen some time. The bigger the better. Managed to catch Blade Runner (The Final Cut) at FACT a few years back... wouldn't've missed that for the world. Each of us looked at one another coming out of it, as if to say "well, it's been emotional". With any luck they'll do a short cinema run in a few arty establishments to celebrate Ridley's long-awaited return to the Gigerverse.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:24:34 pm by Haemoglobin »
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: December 24, 2011, 02:05:52 am »
Looks fantastic doesn't it. My order of excitement:

• The Dark Knight Rises
  • Prometheus
  • The Avengers
  • Skyfall
  • The Hobbit
               ]Big Mommas House 4: The phatness

DIE!!!!!
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:43 am »
On a whole 'nother note, this film is uttrerly jizzworthy already, 2012 is gonna treat us good before the impending mayan catastrophe*

*completely unfounded pseudo archealogic babble
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »
Really looking forward to this one.  2012 is looking like being the opposite of 2011 in terms of film quality.  Get in.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2011, 12:27:57 pm »
So excited by this trailer, I went out and bought the amazing bargain Alien Anthology Blu-Ray for £18 from HMV.

£18 for all the films and countless hours of extras too!  ::)

And I kinda liked Alien: Resurrection: so there!

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »
Shit just got real...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUxdAWrsag8?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hUxdAWrsag8?version=3</a>
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 28, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »
Fantastic ript writing in that clip IMO.

Flows so well, and I like the way they use TED to connect it to the present.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2012, 11:42:57 pm »
Quite disappointed in that, to be honest. It's too shiny and new to be part of a prequel.

It's what always seems to happen, unfortunately. They all seem to get so preoccupied with whether they CAN they don't stop to think if they should. I don't want to see shiny sets and advanced cinematic technology in a prequel to a movie released in 1979. I want to see clunky sets that resemble the era the original movie was set in.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2012, 12:00:55 am »
Quite disappointed in that, to be honest. It's too shiny and new to be part of a prequel.

It's what always seems to happen, unfortunately. They all seem to get so preoccupied with whether they CAN they don't stop to think if they should. I don't want to see shiny sets and advanced cinematic technology in a prequel to a movie released in 1979. I want to see clunky sets that resemble the era the original movie was set in.
Its not set in the same era, its set before. One of the ideas behind the original was that space could be dirty and grimey, that the crew could look like space bums, that everything would be old and have a used living in feel and look to it. But that wouldnt of been the case to begin with, for things to get old and lived in they have to be new, if you are making a film about the beginning, everything will be new and shiney.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2012, 01:05:19 am »
I've set my standards really low. I am talking Alien vs Predator low here. Everything over that will be a winner in my book.

I just knew an Englishman would change the world
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2012, 01:10:08 am »
He'll always be Mike from Neighbours for me.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #260 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:05 am »
He'll always be Mike from Neighbours for me.

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #261 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:08 am »
his voice reminds me of Sam Neil
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #262 on: February 29, 2012, 09:40:08 am »

Is this actually going to be part of the film though?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:46 am »
99 days to go!!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #264 on: February 29, 2012, 10:11:32 am »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!!! It's like a bad Bond villain or something. Was really looking forward to this, not so sure now.  :-\

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #265 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:17 am »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!!! It's like a bad Bond villain or something. Was really looking forward to this, not so sure now.  :-\

If you can't look forward to something that only came about due to the genius of Ridley Scott set in (But far beyond) that created Universe and is going to be revisited, expanded and going to explore the vast depths of what lies beyond and where it originated and it's going to be done by the same man that made the thing in the first place,  then you're right. Better not bother watching it mate.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #266 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:02 am »

Hyped for this movie.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2012, 10:37:50 am »

If you can't look forward to something that only came about due to the genius of Ridley Scott set in (But far beyond) that created Universe and is going to be revisited, expanded and going to explore the vast depths of what lies beyond and where it originated and it's going to be done by the same man that made the thing in the first place,  then you're right. Better not bother watching it mate.
Genius? Once upon a long ago maybe. I hope Prometheus is great but that clip of Mike from Neighbours doing a bad Gustav Graves impression has just filled me with a little dread and perhaps the fear that Ridley Scott is becoming the new George Lucas by revisiting his old work and cheapening it. Let's face it, Robin Hood was Gladiator 2 by another name and what is he working on after Prometheus? Blade Runner? Holy cow...

I wish I shared your confidence and I really do hope I'm wrong about Scott and that he pulls this one off. Everything up until now suggests it will be great but dear me that clip just got me jittery.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:41:54 am by cornelius »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:17 am »
That clip looked interesting. Good acting too. Guy Pierce is very underrated. That character reminds me of the Illusive Man from Mass Effect. Which is a good thing.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2012, 10:41:11 am »
Genius? Once upon a long ago maybe. I hope Prometheus is great but that clip of Mike from Neighbours doing a bad Gustav Graves impression has just filled me with a little dread and perhaps the fear that Ridley Scott is becoming the new George Lucas by revisiting his old work and cheapening it. Let's face it, Robin Hood was Gladiator 2 by another name and what is he working on after Prometheus? Blade Runner? Holy cow...

I wish I shared your confidence and I really do hope I'm wrong about Scott and that he pulls this one off. Everything up until now suggests it will be but dear me that clip just got me jittery.
On the contrary, that clip and the whole speech embodies everything you should come to expect from science and science fiction. I think it worked well. Sci-Fi of this nature has been absent for too long.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:06 am »
On the contrary, that clip and the whole speech embodies everything you should come to expect from science and science fiction. I think it worked well. Sci-Fi of this nature has been absent for too long.
All I could see and hear was Die Another Day!

That clip looked interesting. Good acting too. Guy Pierce is very underrated. That character reminds me of the Illusive Man from Mass Effect. Which is a good thing.
What is Mass Effect? A video game I'm guessing. If that's a good thing then perhaps this film ain't aimed at my generation and fans of the original, so maybe Andy is right, I should swerve this altogether!

P.S. I do like Guy Pearce.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:08 am »
All I could see and hear was Die Another Day!
What is Mass Effect? A video game I'm guessing. If that's a good thing then perhaps this film ain't aimed at my generation and fans of the original, so maybe Andy is right, I should swerve this altogether!

P.S. I do like Guy Pearce.
Just because ME is a videogame, it doesn't mean that the quality of the story or it's characters is lacking. In fact, ME puts most science fiction in Hollywood to absolute shame for a fact. A lot of the story's created for videogames these days are produced by famous novelists and screenwriters anyway, so you shouldn't scoff at that idea of that so rapidly.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:20 am »
In fact, ME puts most science fiction in Hollywood to absolute shame for a fact.
To be fair even the works of Roger Hargreaves puts Hollywood to shame when it comes to story these days so I'm not sure that's necessarily a ringing endorsement.

Fantastic script writing in that clip IMO.

Seriously? "We are the Gods now" - how many sugars do you take with your cliches?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:01:37 am by cornelius »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:52 am »
To be fair even the works of Roger Hargreaves puts Hollywood to shame when it comes to story these days so I'm not sure that's necessarily a ringing endorsement.
Well it is an endorsement. In fact, just like many good books, it would be almost next to impossible to convert the story to a film and do it justice properly.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: February 29, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »
Calm down dears, what it is, is great viral marketing for the movie. It won't be in the film but it suggests the universe the story operates in.

Bloody clever stuff, either way it has no bearing on the quality of the final film, which all signs suggest will be rather spesh...

Nobody is mentioning the 3D btw, this Ridley Scott film will be in 3D. Horrifying 3D hopefully, in the right way.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #275 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:53 pm »
Guy Pearce is in the film but that clip isn't. And it's only a bit of viral marketing and wont really reflect the final quality of the film. I liked it, thought it was cool and got me more interested in the films universe.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:04 pm »
It won't be in the film but it suggests the universe the story operates in.

Which is exactly the reason why I loved it. Sci-fi should be as much about building a clear picture of the vision of the future and the universe or world it takes place in. There should be a clear mythology. You do get the impression that for mankind to get to the stage of space exploration seen in films like this, then it's going to take a person with character like the one Pierce is playing to get us there.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 1, 2012, 09:12:50 am »
Thought that video was fucking brilliant personally, gives us a little bit of a taste of the era and feel of the time, a little build up to Waylands vision and character. Having it as a TED lecture is very good, enjoyed it myself.

Can't fucking wait for this film.

Just as a random question, what year was alien v predator set in?
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #278 on: March 1, 2012, 07:55:39 pm »
This is a mouth-acidifying prospect!  :P  Get the fuck in. 
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 08:05:54 pm by Dam »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #279 on: March 1, 2012, 08:09:37 pm »
Just as a random question, what year was alien v predator set in?
They were both set now.