Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The talk of Amorim wanting more managerial power or wanting more salary than Klopp (really?!) are obviously faff.

The reality is more - probably during the interview - that they've asked if he could be more flexible with his formation and he swore by his style of play. We've probably taken a step back and thought this will probably require 4-5 signings and thought; too expensive.

The comments from journalists suggests that we never got that far with Amorim.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Irishred1 on Today at 09:09:46 am »
As much as Arteta annoys me he has proved me wrong. I thought arsenal would have long since fallen away. If we don't win it let it be them. Fuck the fake cheats
We brought Edwards in to improve recruitment and obviously he will want the best man for the job but obviously him and Klopps relationship seemed just professional and I did find that a bit worrying knowing how personal Klopp is with people .
Wondering the type of manager Edwards wants , is it one that gives him more control as I take it Slot will be a head coach and that makes me wonder the control slot will have with player recruitment .
I can’t really imagine Europe’s top players telling their agents they need to move to Liverpool to play for Arnie Slot. I think we could be in for some tough times , the transfer thread is going to be fun.
Apart from Klopp there's no one currently in the PL who top players might want to drop everything to play for, and even he has missed out on a fair few that he reportedly wanted. Of course, you could suggest Guardiola, but they aren't particularly clamouring to play for him as much as clamouring to jump on the oil club gravy train.

Players are still stupid enough to sign for Man United, despite their manager and club being something of a joke these days. As always, we'll get many of our targets, and we'll miss out on a fair few too. Same as with Klopp here.
I don't get that feeling at all. Innocuous, nothing injuries are always minimum a few weeks. The players are usually back later than forecast too. Players coming off any medium to long term injury always take weeks building up to starts. The last one especially is fine in isolation, but my point is that we are risk-averse on all injuries. I don't see the same caution at all in our rivals. City constantly rush players back. DeBruyne was clearly playing through injections the back end of last season. 34 year old Walker just played 300 minutes in 7 days straight after getting rushed back from a minor injury.

I think we are super cautious, which would be fine if we saw any benefit from that approach, but we don't. It reminded me of last season when we would constantly not start players because we were playing it safe, but then those same players would be thrown on at half time or 60 to save the game for us anyway. You're left thinking, what was the point?

And maybe you're right in this case that Jota wouldn't want to take injections or any risk with the Euros coming, but I feel like we do this constantly regardless.

Problem is though with us if a player is slightly rushed back he breaks down again.. Salah for example at Brdntford where he was probably earmarked for 20 minutes but had to come on earlier. Trent who was rushed back due to Bradley's compassionate leave and then got reinjured.
Didn't realize that Slot's assistant (Hulshoff) is also Koeman's assistant with the Dutch national team. His contract for that ends in the summer. So safe to say VVD and Gakpo would have an insight into how Slot may operate
Was watching the sports show on some Dutch channel and I have to say it was fascinating hearing what Seedorf had to say about Arne Slot coming to us.
Jota and Slot(a) merchandise will be through the roof.

"Through the roof" being "merch stands outside the ground with crude photoshops that nobody in their right mind buys".
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Knight on Today at 09:04:47 am »
They lost against Villa after we lost against Palace. It was a missed opportunity for them because they'll have all but taken us out of it and have it in their hands. If they'd won, that's us effectively out of it.

You're right, a draw against Palace would have completely changed the outlook because we'd only have needed one slip up from City and GD wouldn't be a factor.

It’s wild because at the time I was thinking ‘we need 2 goals here, 1 does us no good’ but that was, of course, nonsense. When it’s this tight if you can’t win you must not lose.
Thanks for that, good post.
Just can’t help feeling underwhelmed, I thought we would go for a proven manager to build on what Klopp has done. He will obviously be given a chance by the fans but the bit about doing it at a financially challenged club makes me worry that FSG want someone who is fine with not buying players to strengthen.
I think it has been clear all along that LFC are looking for a younger manager who can stay for 5-10 years.
That also means less experienced and less famous
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10