Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures - 22nd - 23rd -- 25th April.  (Read 45406 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Premier League Fixtures - 22nd - 23rd -- 25th April.
« Reply #1440 on: April 27, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »
Thats literally the point. He could have played this much better with a bit more nous. The club isnt going to give him the full backing he needs and thats the reality of it.

So you think he should have been preaching that getting into Europa was the target? I'm just not quite getting it to be honest, but I do think I may have missed part of the convo, so apologies if that is the case, and I'm missing the point somewhere.

And I agree by the way that finishing 5th would have been no issue for me. (I think it was you that said that), but honestly, I don't think aiming for that would sit well with most, even though it is absolutely fine.

I don't know what backing he's going to get, we'll see in the summer.

But if people think he's going to be under even more pressure cos he said he'll be disapponted if they don't finish 4th, I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the pressure any manager of the 'big 6' clubs will feel. He has to say something after all. And lowering expecations would have been seen as even worse for many no doubt.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1441 on: April 27, 2017, 11:02:24 pm »
Feels a bit like is in 08/09 at this point. We were fairly relentless but couldn't seem to get that gap under four points. You're right, woukd just take Chelsea dropping points in two games and I think they'll find Everton tough at the weekend. Who do they have left to play after that?

Still think Chelsea will win it by the way, but just takes one game they don't win and Spurs to keep doing the business to take it to the final day which would be good.
Boro, Sunderland, Watford, WBA: All at home apart from WBA.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1442 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:48 pm »
So you think he should have been preaching that getting into Europa was the target? I'm just not quite getting it to be honest, but I do think I may have missed part of the convo, so apologies if that is the case, and I'm missing the point somewhere.

But if people think he's going to be under even more pressure cos he said he'll be disapponted if they don't finish 4th, I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the pressure any manager of the 'big 6' clubs will feel. He has to say something after all. And lowering expecations would have been seen as even worse for many no doubt.

If he lowered expectations that would have been far worse for some people, it has happened before with former managers, and that is always the beginning of the end. I think most people would prefer a manager who sets ambitious targets for both players and the club itself, and that will naturally include himself too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1443 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:05 pm »
OK so those three home games look absolute bankers so Spurs really need them to drop points at Everton to keep hopes alive surely.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1444 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »
OK so those three home games look absolute bankers so Spurs really need them to drop points at Everton to keep hopes alive surely.
Without doubt, Chelsea win Sunday and it's over.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1445 on: April 27, 2017, 11:07:47 pm »

And I agree by the way that finishing 5th would have been no issue for me. (I think it was you that said that), but honestly, I don't think aiming for that would sit well with most, even though it is absolutely fine.

No he should have emphasised the improvement we are making, not talking about 'selling' 5th as success. It could help keep things in perspective. He didnt have to big up the Europa league at all.

If he was under so much pressure to come fourth, then he showed a lack of judgement with his squad. All he has done is put himself under the spotlight. He wont get backing from FSG.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1446 on: April 27, 2017, 11:09:48 pm »
Has anyone had a real good look at the top 4 procedure and the getting it or not getting it? What it's actually mean to them? You get sold it by sky from the off. It'd mean a lot to the owners I know that, as much as going to Sydney for a friendly. we're not ready for it if you ask me. We have a lot of issues that need addressing first

The obvious argument is that it'll take us on to the next stage where we'll compete and buy better players etc. Well we fucking won it in 2005 and won and fa cup and league cup in the 12 years since. So you'll excuse me if I don't give a huge shit 

I want to just see us play well and not think 'oh fuck weve got Watford' I'm so sick of dreading going to clubs who'll never see the champions league in their life. Get that sorted before we move on to Barca

It's fair comment to an extent but weve got a limit to "getting it sorted" because getting it sorted means having the depth and quality of talent to beat teams like watford consistently across a season. And with the ownership model we have we're only getting the investment we need to achieve that with champions league football.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: April 27, 2017, 11:12:33 pm »
No he should have emphasised the improvement we are making, not talking about 'selling' 5th as success. It could help keep things in perspective. He didnt have to big up the Europa league at all.

If he was under so much pressure to come fourth, then he showed a lack of judgement with his squad. All he has done is put himself under the spotlight. He wont get backing from FSG.

Surely any LFC manager whose coming to work for FSG knows they'll be judged on top 4 or not and their spending will depend on top 4 or not. I really think Klopp knows that's the score

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: April 27, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »

The trouble is KH the people you're talking about, won't buy the improvement talk, no matter how you dress it up. For a lot of them the only thing they want is success and straight away. You could have more of a point, in the way the media will react to it, rather than some fans. For sure they will turn the screw, the next time we hit a setback, but that's something all managers apart from Mourinho have to negotiate .

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:06 pm »
Personally don't seem them get two draws vs the. North London teams. Reckon they will lose 1 (spurs) and draw the other.

We should get two wins and two draws from our last 4 to leave us on even points and then coming down to GD.

Kh has been going on about how we would challenge for the title, to guaranteeing that we will finish in the top four to now saying that we won't.

She's convinced of everything she says.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: April 27, 2017, 11:18:07 pm »
Palace beat Arsenal and City, they were shit when Pardew was there but improved no end since FS came in, it won't be easy but as others have said if we can't get 3 wins out of 4 in those fixtures then we don't deserve top 4

We also went 7 games unbeaten, 5 wins and a two draws after losing the last previous match. We are capable of going on another run.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1451 on: April 27, 2017, 11:18:52 pm »
Has anyone had a real good look at the top 4 procedure and the getting it or not getting it? What it's actually mean to them? You get sold it by sky from the off. It'd mean a lot to the owners I know that, as much as going to Sydney for a friendly. we're not ready for it if you ask me. We have a lot of issues that need addressing first

The obvious argument is that it'll take us on to the next stage where we'll compete and buy better players etc. Well we fucking won it in 2005 and won and fa cup and league cup in the 12 years since. So you'll excuse me if I don't give a huge shit 

I want to just see us play well and not think 'oh fuck weve got Watford' I'm so sick of dreading going to clubs who'll never see the champions league in their life. Get that sorted before we move on to Barca

Feel a bit better now, cheers mate.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1452 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:05 pm »
Pretty sure Klopp himself will see missing out on Top 4 as a failure so no reason to not state what you believe.

Bearing in mind our position pre Christmas it will definitely be a failure as Klopp has admitted he made a mistake in not strengthening during the January window.
Takes a big person to admit their mistakes something he won't be doing again.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:36 pm »
Its just a prediction. To be honest this race for 4th place isnt very exciting at all and cannot say I have the enthusiasm for it.

I actually hate that Klopp has put so much emphasis and importance to it.

It's important because we've played in it once since 2009/2010. It's important because there are some players that will only play for a CL club. It's important because we need to progress and keep some of the players we have currently [i.e. Coutinho] It's important for a number of reason and it has been for years.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:01 pm »
Pretty sure Klopp himself will see missing out on Top 4 as a failure so no reason to not state what you believe.

Bearing in mind our position pre Christmas it will definitely be a failure as Klopp has admitted he made a mistake in not strengthening during the January window.
Takes a big person to admit their mistakes something he won't be doing again.

And it would be failure after being in it for 90 percent of the season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:50 pm »
Surely any LFC manager whose coming to work for FSG knows they'll be judged on top 4 or not and their spending will depend on top 4 or not. I really think Klopp knows that's the score

I understand and he will find out this summer that FSG isnt about doing their best to help the manager. They are about penny pinching and trying to outsmart a system thats much smarter than they are up in Boston.

But he should have pushed for more. He could have gotten a full back as good as Chilwell or another winger, even if he had to take back Markovic.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:02 pm »
It's important because we've played in it once since 2009/2010. It's important because there are some players that will only play for a CL club. It's important because we need to progress and keep some of the players we have currently [i.e. Coutinho] It's important for a number of reason and it has been for years.

It's important because our owners won't invest more in players without it
It's important because our owners fire managers who don't get it

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:11 pm »

You must have been enjoying the way we were playing at the start of the season. It just feels such a long time ago now, because of everything that has happened since. I do know what you mean though. I just love watching our front four when they're on their game, and I wouldn't swap them for anything to be honest, including the flavour of the month Spurs.

We just need to get some cover and some more quality in the squad and we will improve a lot more.
Whatever happens now, and I'm still optimistic I feel good for the future, and just can't wait for another season.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: April 27, 2017, 11:25:29 pm »

We never signed CL quality players when we came in the CL. We are not about signing the calibre of plagers that only want CL. We can only sign players that are happy enough to play any European football through a lack of options.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1459 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:47 pm »
We never signed CL quality players when we came in the CL. We are not about signing the calibre of plagers that only want CL. We can only sign players that are happy enough to play any European football through a lack of options.

Aye, that's the spirit.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:39 pm »
I understand and he will find out this summer that FSG isnt about doing their best to help the manager. They are about penny pinching and trying to outsmart a system thats much smarter than they are up in Boston.

But he should have pushed for more. He could have gotten a full back as good as Chilwell or another winger, even if he had to take back Markovic.
Didn't Klopp say it was his decision not to spend money on January? So why are we blaming FSG for penny pinching. I don't think Klopp gave them names and they refused to approach the players.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1461 on: April 27, 2017, 11:32:31 pm »
You must have been enjoying the way we were playing at the start of the season. It just feels such a long time ago now, because of everything that has happened since. I do know what you mean though. I just love watching our front four when they're on their game, and I wouldn't swap them for anything to be honest, including the flavour of the month Spurs.

We just need to get some cover and some more quality in the squad and we will improve a lot more.
Whatever happens now, and I'm still optimistic I feel good for the future, and just can't wait for another season.  ;D

Absolutely right

The inly worry about not getting champs league for me is will players Leave ? If you told me now they wouldn't I could switch the football off for the season honest to god

Our current team is good enough with some back up. We'll get players in CL or not, it's about desire and commitment not buying big players. We won't win the champions league next year if we get in. I don't think
I'm being too much of a negative prick (anyone who knows me on here knows I'm not) by saying that, it's just realism.

Saying that we've had the worst injuries by far this season

Coutinho Lallana and Mane have missed 6 months between them. Those injuries dont happen we're probably where Spurs are now, possibly higher. 
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: April 27, 2017, 11:38:44 pm »
Didn't Klopp say it was his decision not to spend money on January? So why are we blaming FSG for penny pinching. I don't think Klopp gave them names and they refused to approach the players.

It was Klopp's decision. But this summer we will need FSG to step up and deliver some top signings. Klopp may find some good signings but they wont be his first choice.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: April 27, 2017, 11:41:41 pm »
Absolutely right

The inly worry about not getting champs league for me is will players Leave ? If you told me now they wouldn't I could switch the football off for the season honest to god

Our current team is good enough with some back up. We'll get players in CL or not, it's about desire and commitment not buying big players. We won't win the champions league next year if we get in. I don't think
I'm being too much of a negative prick (anyone who knows me on here knows I'm not) by saying that, it's just realism.

Coutinho Lallana and Mane have missed 6 months between them. Those injuries dont happen we're probably where Spurs are now, possibly higher.

Regarding failure to get Champion's League, I don't think to start off with we'd lose players. Coutinho has made it quite clear, how impressed he is with Klopp. I actually think he will give it a season or two, he's only 24. But let's hope it doesn't come to that. Most of the players seem to love playing for the manager, so I think in the short term we'll be okay. It's just about getting the right signings. I agree don't have to be top notch ones, just ones who have the right attitude and desire. That is something that is vital to Klopp, he won't take any players that lacks either of those qualities, or skills. We also need to condition the players better maybe. We can't afford the injuries we've had this season. So maybe Klopp too will have to alter the way he plays in some ways too.

When you consider the way our front four have been decimated with injuries, its amazing we are still up here, fighting at all. Whatever happens the summer is key to everything.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:45 pm »
Regarding failure to get Champion's League, I don't think to start off with we'd lose players. Coutinho has made it quite clear, how impressed he is with Klopp. I actually think he will give it a season or two, he's only 24. But let's hope it doesn't come to that. Most of the players seem to love playing for the manager, so I think in the short term we'll be okay. It's just about getting the right signings. I agree don't have to be top notch ones, just ones who have the right attitude and desire. That is something that is vital to Klopp, he won't take any players that lacks either of those qualities, or skills. We also need to condition the players better maybe. We can't afford the injuries we've had this season. So maybe Klopp too will have to alter the way he plays in some ways too.

When you consider the way our front four have been decimated with injuries, its amazing we are still up here, fighting at all. Whatever happens the summer is key to everything.

Agree with all

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: April 28, 2017, 12:06:06 am »
Regarding failure to get Champion's League...

Regarding failure to get into the Champions League starts after we fail to get into the Champions League.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: April 28, 2017, 12:17:38 am »
Regarding failure to get into the Champions League starts after we fail to get into the Champions League.

You may want to see the whole conversation.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1467 on: April 28, 2017, 12:23:41 am »
You may want to see the whole conversation.

You're talking about what if's if we 'fail' etc. A mindset that has sought solace in blaming injuries et al. I'm not of that mindset. We can beat the four teams we have to play. Need to get behind them more instead of this twaddle.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: April 28, 2017, 12:27:27 am »
You're talking about what if's if we 'fail' etc. A mindset that has sought solace in blaming injuries et al. I'm not of that mindset. We can beat the four teams we have to play. Need to get behind them more instead of this twaddle.

What? No you're completely wrong

I can't be particularly arsed to say what I did again but it was basically about the champions league not being as important to me as it is to others and to just enjoy watching us play again

You've burst into a conversation towards its end and shouted down the last comment having heard none of the previous.

I'm absolutely positive you wouldn't do that in a pub.  ;D

Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: April 28, 2017, 12:32:49 am »

Come again?

Fernando Torres wasn't a CL quality player when we brought him in? Read what he said the other day and why he came to the club
Xabi Alonso wasn't a CL quality player? Real Madrid were attempting to sign him from Real Sociedad the summer he signed for us
Javier Mascherano wasn't a CL quality player? Dodgy West Ham deal aside, he was a top talent and many clubs were after him, it's one of the reasons why everyone was shocked when he and Tevez went directly to West Ham in 2006.

Just to name a few.

You can say we didn't often sign them, but NEVER is a load of bullocks.

That was then and this is now. Back then 4 clubs were fighting for places in the Champions League, now there's 6.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: April 28, 2017, 12:33:29 am »

That too.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: April 28, 2017, 12:34:44 am »
I'm absolutely positive you wouldn't do that in a pub.  ;D

It's a fair cop. Feels very important tho. They need to win these next four games. After Palace... they need to bloody win these next four bloody games.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: April 28, 2017, 12:42:46 am »
It's a fair cop. Feels very important tho. They need to win these next four games. After Palace... they need to bloody win these next four bloody games.
Ha good man ;)

It does, that's how it's billed by Sky. They make a lot of things feel important.

Door to door salesmen on a large scale .

That game tonight for example, they couldn't bare to say how shit it was. Next one will b Spurs Arsenal where I'm sure they'll call it some cringey name possibly using 'capital'

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: April 28, 2017, 12:50:17 am »
Ha good man ;)

It does, that's how it's billed by Sky. They make a lot of things feel important.

I don't have Sky. And I didn't watch the game tonight. The BBC ticker may be to blame, or it's important.

Edit: Just beat them all and we'll argue about it later.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:52:15 am by Filler. »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:55 am »
Come again?

Fernando Torres wasn't a CL quality player when we brought him in? Read what he said the other day and why he came to the club
Xabi Alonso wasn't a CL quality player? Real Madrid were attempting to sign him from Real Sociedad the summer he signed for us
Javier Mascherano wasn't a CL quality player? Dodgy West Ham deal aside, he was a top talent and many clubs were after him, it's one of the reasons why everyone was shocked when he and Tevez went directly to West Ham in 2006.

Just to name a few.

You can say we didn't often sign them, but NEVER is a load of bullocks.

That was then and this is now. Back then 4 clubs were fighting for places in the Champions League, now there's 6.

Yeah 10 years ago. This current ownership wont do anything but the bare minimum. They wont be able to push the boat out for the top quality players. We will have to find them from lower rated talents.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:48 am »
This, this & this.

If we ever want to win the league or even compete, we better hope we be in the CL for a couple of years then we pray we become something like Spurs.

If we had a system in place like Spurs, then missing on the CL is not a big deal, for us, it is a make or break because missing out on it will mean staying in the same cycle for another year at the very least.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: April 28, 2017, 07:24:51 am »
I don't have Sky. And I didn't watch the game tonight. The BBC ticker may be to blame, or it's important.

Edit: Just beat them all and we'll argue about it later.

I'm still optimistic we can do it, whatever happens we are a progress in action.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1477 on: April 28, 2017, 08:00:30 am »
You could accentuate positives out of any result likewise with Arsenal & Man Utd next weekend, the key is we win our own games so we're in a position to capitalise if they do slip up.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1478 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:58 am »
Absolutely right

No, you wouldn't, because you still concede too many goals. The fact that Spurs are where they are is because they have one of the best  attacks in the league, combined with the best defence. Having your attacking players miss less games from injury wouldn't change the fact that in many games you have to score three because you concede two, and having to outscore your opponents every week does not lead to success, because attacking players, like Mane and Coutinho, as good as they can be, will always have off days. That is why you need to be able to grind out 1 nil wins, and Liverpool can't do that enough.

So until you get tighter at the back, challenging for the league won't happen. That should be Klopp's absolute priority in the summer.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1479 on: April 28, 2017, 08:14:44 pm »
No, you wouldn't, because you still concede too many goals. The fact that Spurs are where they are is because they have one of the best  attacks in the league, combined with the best defence. Having your attacking players miss less games from injury wouldn't change the fact that in many games you have to score three because you concede two, and having to outscore your opponents every week does not lead to success, because attacking players, like Mane and Coutinho, as good as they can be, will always have off days. That is why you need to be able to grind out 1 nil wins, and Liverpool can't do that enough.

So until you get tighter at the back, challenging for the league won't happen. That should be Klopp's absolute priority in the summer.

Well said. Takes a Spud to spell it out unequivocally, but nail, head.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin