Author Topic: Liverpool FC ban the *** from Anfield and Melwood.  (Read 46750 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: Liverpool FC ban the *** from Anfield and Melwood.
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2017, 06:55:34 am »
Some real thick bastards on there, calling Barkley thick. One thinks have a grandparent being Nigerian makes you a sixth nigerian, another an eighth, thick bastards themselves apparently, don't even know how many grandparents they have.

Right wing white supremacists unable to count? Who'd a thunk it?  ;)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2017, 07:05:23 am »
That last frame is spot on regarding the S*n's denial of liability. "We didn't know what was in it" is such a load of bollocks.
Like an earlier poster said it's like the Sutton Pie incident, its publicity for their line of shite
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »
Gonna stick this here coz its pretty relevant to the thread..

Edwina Currie.. :butt
Blah blah fucking tramp.

Edwina Currie claims we should invite KELVIN MACKENZIE to Liverpool

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/edwina-currie-claims-should-invite-12906703#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

She is right on one thing..he can come visit me,i would be very happy to see him-guaranteed a welcome of sorts.

I personally would LOVE to see him come to Liverpool.  Well, not so much love to see him come TO Liverpool as to see him try to get out afterwards. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »
Tranmere have banned them too.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-the-sun-3685349.aspx

We have been asked to clarify the Club's position in relation to the Sun newspaper.

The Sun does not generally report on National League games and as such Sun reporters have never been present at the Club for the past 2 seasons.  Furthermore, we can confirm that any requests for interviews or comments by the Sun have been declined. There has therefore been a de facto ban in place at least since 2015.

As a Club we absolutely deplore the paper's disgraceful reporting of the Hillsborough disaster.  The recent story published by the Sun containing comments were made which were both racist and deeply offensive to Merseysiders shows that the paper continues to treat the people of Liverpool with contempt, and as such the de facto ban on the paper will remain in place.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:44 pm »
That's us, Everton, Tranmere, and Chester city so far.
Celtic fans are trying to get it banned up there.
Could be about to snowball with any luck
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:01 pm »
Quite a disturbing story on the front of tomorrow's times.

Trevor Phillips accusing the city of Liverpool of wallowing in victim status.

Have we not fucking got rid of this shit?

Victim status?  A city consistently kicked and decried, accused of being scrounges, thieves and worse. 

I see a proud city, a city that is home to the sports and arts like no other.  A city that is strong enough to say that this is wrong. This needs changing.  A city that is proud of what it stands for.

I'm not from Liverpool myself, but my family are, and I love the city, a genuinely unique and special place, vibrant and diverse, loving and passionate. 

Fuck you Trevor Phillips.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:09 am »

Victim status?  A city consistently kicked and decried, accused of being scrounges, thieves and worse. 

I see a proud city, a city that is home to the sports and arts like no other.  A city that is strong enough to say that this is wrong. This needs changing.  A city that is proud of what it stands for.

I'm not from Liverpool myself, but my family are, and I love the city, a genuinely unique and special place, vibrant and diverse, loving and passionate. 

Fuck sake.  I myself had no idea that Barckley was mixed  race, however for the story to be published on the date it was, cmon. Not a coincidence. The date alone tells you he knew.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:46 am »

The galling thing about this is that Thatcher would be laughing from beyond the grave. Liverpool was demonised by her government and her cronies in the media because we had the temerity to object to her policies(there's democracy for you),
so much so that the unemployed, illterate, thieving scouser that they invented is accepted as reality across the country.
I can't remember the last scouse I saw on a T.V drama with a positive role - if you want to cast a doleite or thief then get somebody with a scouse accent. As for having a sense of humour about it, tell that to anybody with a scouse accent who has
been discriminated against for jobs or otherwise darn sarf and elsewhere.  If it was done because of race there would be a
law against it.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2017, 02:51:15 am »

Let's not forget The Times was the only newspaper along with the s*n not to put the Hillsborough inquest results on the front page. That wasn't worthy of a front page article, but accusing us of wallowing in victim status is. Barrett knew the score there and jibbed them. They're owned by Murdoch, i'm sure he's well aware of the fact that he's been roundly rejected by merseyside and any more insults he throws our way from the s*n will just make him seem even more despicable than he already is. We've helped get his old buddy Kelvin suspended, and hopefully sacked, it doesn't surprise me one of his other outlets is now attacking us.

As for Trevor Phillips, he's a member of the labour party, I hope he'll be having his membership rescinded. You can judge a man by the company he keeps, and he's good friends with Kelvin Mackenzie. The fact that he was the head of the EHRC but is happy to defend such a vile, bigoted man as Mackenzie and attack an entire city of people would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

I'd like for Trevor Phillips to be asked for some examples of us "wallowing in victim status" because once you get past Hillsborough, i'm not sure what you can say about the entire city as we aren't really a united force on any other subject. And if his response is Hillsborough based, well that shows him up for the piece of shit that he is. They accused of of wallowing in victim status and being "whinging scousers" for decades, but we were right, and the history books will show we were right. So this smug twat from London can get to fuck if he thinks he knows a single damn thing about this city.

Of course, as a man who's supposedly spent his career fighting for equality, he'd be outraged if somebody made a comment calling black people more aggressive or stupider, but he's more than happy to regurgitate the stereotypes about scousers. Sat in a nice metro pub, drinking his £7 pint with his friends, scoffing about those scumbag scousers whinging again.

Now i'm not going to even dare put being a scouser in the same category as blacks or asians, but it baffles me how such open bigotry (and that's what it is, bigotry) is acceptable. Why is it ok to stereotype an entire city of people? If there's one thing i'd love to do, it's carry out a report on the affect a scouse accent has on job opportunity or people's opinion on such. Statistics already show people judge scouse accent as the least friendly and trustworthy. People I actually speak to who have either lived in the city or visited it have nothing but good to say. The ones who hate it almost uniformly have no experience here and just spout stereotypes they heard from c*nts like old Kelvin.

If I speak to a black man and the first thing I say is "Don't rob me!" i'd get an awkward reaction followed by being told to fuck off by everybody around me. If I speak to somebody and they hear my accent, "Don't rob me!" would be a hilarious one liner to open with. Both "jokes" are factually incorrect, but one is harmless banter. Even though the figures clearly show Liverpool consistently having one of the lowest crime rates of the major cities (far below London and Manchester) and is consistently voted the friendliest place by visitors to the city. We live in a post facts world of Brexit, Trump etc but this ignorance has been going on for way longer, before I was even born.

At football matches, you'll see people from Hull, Middlesborough, Stoke singing about benefits or Liverpool being a shithole. Places in way worse states than Liverpool, and people from supposedly left leaning cities who should know the pain and suffering caused by Thatcher and Tory governments. But "haha stupid lazy, thieving scousers, get a job! What's that? Some posh southerner is calling me a poor, uneducated scumbag, what a twat!"

But when it comes to scousers, ignorant stereotypes and mocking lack of funding and jobs is ok. It's all just hilarious #lad banter. And if anybody who isn't a Liverpool fan is reading this, yeah I do have a chip on my shoulder, and with good fucking reason. This shite has to be called out or things will never change. I hope in future generations, people will cringe when they see a thieving scouser on the tele or a "thieving scouser" line in an article, like we do now when we look at the bigotry in old movies and TV shows.

I made a similar post in the Everton thread a couple weeks back, but fuck them, fuck them all. That's exactly why I never want to leave Merseyside. I couldn't be happy living in a city with these kind of c*nts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:59:12 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2017, 08:55:56 am »
For someone who claims to have Labour connections, Trevor Phillips sure does enjoy shitting on the working class any opportunity he gets.

When your documentaries and comments are used around the world solely by right-wing extremists and white supremacists in an attempt to give their flawed arguments credibility, then you're definitely part of the problem.

Phillips is a big supporter of his own definition of free speech and attacking the imaginary 'PC Brigade'. I guess he won't take offense to people's reply to his ill-though-out piece.

There are plenty of quotes from Malcom X about people that act and behave like Phillips. As long as Phillips knows his place, he'll be pushed to the front of the line time and time again.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2017, 10:29:03 am »
Taking no shit is not wallowing in victim status, quite the opposite.

If there's any lesson about Liverpudlians to take from the long ignominious aftermath of Hillsborough, it's that strength of character is a key trait of our finest.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »
https://twitter.com/theofficialfwa/status/857890058598264832

The FWA seeking talks with the PL and clubs over us and Everton banning the s*n.

Disgusting really, where the fuck were they when the s*n had written horrific things over the years? Fucking cowards.

We can't let them stop the ban, let's make them hear our feelings
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2017, 12:59:36 pm »
the FWA is a nothing really, a glorified pretend union with an awards night. Printed newspapers are going the way of the typewriter. I read the guardian &/or Observer since I was 13 in the 70s and stopped a decade ago.  If the disgruntled rejected journalists have managed to get their admin office to meet the FA, I look forward to the result of that. Nearest comparison I can think of was Fergie refusing the BBC after match comment because of the 2004 documentary, Father and Son by Panorama (still a great watch). Their club got fined for it. I am assuming they paid the fine every week for 7 years. This will be a fraction of a percent of the big deal that was.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:18:25 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:20 pm »
Who is Trevor Phillips? yes I know I an Google him but does he actually have any credibility?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:54 pm »
Who is Trevor Phillips? yes I know I an Google him but does he actually have any credibility?

A certain level. He's a black ex-labour member who was the head of the EHRC but now spends his days attacking political correctness and the left

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2017, 01:32:54 pm »
A certain level. He's a black ex-labour member who was the head of the EHRC but now spends his days attacking political correctness and the left
Cheers never really come across him before....
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2017, 08:48:01 pm »
The c*nt wrote this in The Spectator yesterday - words fail me.

S*n readers are 100-to-one on my side in the confected Ross Barkley row

Also in Kelvin MacKenzie’s Diary: Why I’ve changed my will to help south London’s black children

When Trevor Phillips stood down as chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, he had served nine years. His period remains the longest of any UK equality commissioner. So when the confected outrage started over my Sun column about Everton footballer Ross Barkley I was not surprised to see a text pop up from Mr Phillips. I feared he would join the Liverpool bandwagon claiming I was a racist because I had compared the look in the eyes of Barkley with a gorilla. Actually I and every football fan I had ever met believed Barkley to be white. Unluckily for me, but luckily for my enemies in the north-west, that was not entirely true. It emerged that although Barkley looked white, his grandfather was half-Nigerian.

The reality is that had I known of his family tree I would never have made the comparison, but since I am a columnist and not a researcher on Who Do You Think You Are? I didn’t know, and have yet to meet anybody who did. Including the Sun sports editor. So, with hesitation, I read the text from Trevor Phillips expecting it to follow the line of such luminaries as Stan Collymore — presumably from a dogging site in Staffordshire — and Virtue Signaller of the Year, Gary Lineker. But no. This is what he said: ‘WTF? I have to confess I had no idea Barkley was a brother. Sad to see a great city wallowing in victim status. Unbelievable.’ A number of MPs shared his view, believing the reaction was comedic, with Andrew Mitchell, the ex-secretary of state for international development, texting: ‘On behalf of all gorillas I’d like to make a complaint.’ The Sun did not see the joke and suspended my column. The readers didn’t agree and opinion was running 100-1 in my favour, with some threatening a boycott if I didn’t return. Boycott? That would never work, would it?

When plunged into this kind of storm, deploying the ‘my best friend is black/gay/transgender’ option invites derision, but I thought the story of my will would be helpful. Predating Rossgate by a few weeks, I contacted the fundraising department of my old school, Alleyn’s in Dulwich, south-east London. If I left the school some money could they guarantee that 100 per cent of the scholarships would go to minority children? I had in mind African-Caribbean kids from the catchment area of Camberwell, Peckham and New Cross. They went away to check with the chairman of the governors and the head teacher. I was given the thumbs up and my lawyer is now drawing up the will. I tell this story because I am forced to, not because I want to. Another victory for Liverpool.

At a super lunch by food writer Rose Lloyd in her home in Tourrettes on the Côte d’Azur, talk turned to the very funny Alan Coren (father of Giles and Victoria), whose widow has kept on their holiday place in the village. A one-liner from Coren that always raised a smile at such events was: ‘My hero is the bloke who founded Sainsbury’s as it kept the riff-raff out of Waitrose.’

During the height of the Rossgate furore I texted Tony Gallagher, the bloody good editor of the Sun. He replied: ‘In church. Will be free in a few minutes.’ How times have changed. In my more louche period as editor of that fine organ, I would reply: ‘In brothel. Will be free in a few seconds.’

As the size of Nelson Mandela’s cell on Robben Island still haunts me, I had always rejected the idea of visiting Auschwitz because I feared my tears would make the trip about me and not the victims. But thanks to persuasion from my longtime friend Richard Glynn, a former CEO of the bookies Ladbrokes, I spent most of Thursday at the camps an hour from Krakow in Poland. Nothing prepares you for Auschwitz. The stats are stark: 1.1 million victims, mainly Jewish, perhaps 230,000 of them children. If you didn’t die in the gas chamber, you would die in the field, because the SS gave prisoners so little food that they would lose weight and be gone in three months. My abiding memory was the shoes. The little shoes. The large shoes. The dust-covered shoes. Those victims were not forgotten. I had seen their shoes. Only 8 per cent of SS guards ever faced a court. Why? At the end of the day these mass murderers would return to their homes outside the camps to play with their children and cuddle their wives. Is this a German thing, or do we all have murder in our hearts? One other question: if it had been six million Christians, six million Muslims, six million Hindus or six million Sikhs murdered, would Holocaust Memorial Day be a bigger event? I fear so. Anti-Semitism is alive and well.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/sun-readers-are-100-to-one-on-my-side-in-the-confected-ross-barkley-row/

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2017, 10:59:31 pm »
I seriously think that twat is deranged and how anyone has him writing columns for them is beyond me. :no
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2017, 01:28:50 am »
And don't click on that link to give them hits.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2017, 01:57:02 am »
The c*nt wrote this in The Spectator yesterday - words fail me.

S*n readers are 100-to-one on my side in the confected Ross Barkley row

Also in Kelvin MacKenzie’s Diary: Why I’ve changed my will to help south London’s black children

When Trevor Phillips stood down as chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, he had served nine years. His period remains the longest of any UK equality commissioner. So when the confected outrage started over my Sun column about Everton footballer Ross Barkley I was not surprised to see a text pop up from Mr Phillips. I feared he would join the Liverpool bandwagon claiming I was a racist because I had compared the look in the eyes of Barkley with a gorilla. Actually I and every football fan I had ever met believed Barkley to be white. Unluckily for me, but luckily for my enemies in the north-west, that was not entirely true. It emerged that although Barkley looked white, his grandfather was half-Nigerian.

The reality is that had I known of his family tree I would never have made the comparison, but since I am a columnist and not a researcher on Who Do You Think You Are? I didn’t know, and have yet to meet anybody who did. Including the Sun sports editor. So, with hesitation, I read the text from Trevor Phillips expecting it to follow the line of such luminaries as Stan Collymore — presumably from a dogging site in Staffordshire — and Virtue Signaller of the Year, Gary Lineker. But no. This is what he said: ‘WTF? I have to confess I had no idea Barkley was a brother. Sad to see a great city wallowing in victim status. Unbelievable.’ A number of MPs shared his view, believing the reaction was comedic, with Andrew Mitchell, the ex-secretary of state for international development, texting: ‘On behalf of all gorillas I’d like to make a complaint.’ The Sun did not see the joke and suspended my column. The readers didn’t agree and opinion was running 100-1 in my favour, with some threatening a boycott if I didn’t return. Boycott? That would never work, would it?

When plunged into this kind of storm, deploying the ‘my best friend is black/gay/transgender’ option invites derision, but I thought the story of my will would be helpful. Predating Rossgate by a few weeks, I contacted the fundraising department of my old school, Alleyn’s in Dulwich, south-east London. If I left the school some money could they guarantee that 100 per cent of the scholarships would go to minority children? I had in mind African-Caribbean kids from the catchment area of Camberwell, Peckham and New Cross. They went away to check with the chairman of the governors and the head teacher. I was given the thumbs up and my lawyer is now drawing up the will. I tell this story because I am forced to, not because I want to. Another victory for Liverpool.

At a super lunch by food writer Rose Lloyd in her home in Tourrettes on the Côte d’Azur, talk turned to the very funny Alan Coren (father of Giles and Victoria), whose widow has kept on their holiday place in the village. A one-liner from Coren that always raised a smile at such events was: ‘My hero is the bloke who founded Sainsbury’s as it kept the riff-raff out of Waitrose.’

During the height of the Rossgate furore I texted Tony Gallagher, the bloody good editor of the Sun. He replied: ‘In church. Will be free in a few minutes.’ How times have changed. In my more louche period as editor of that fine organ, I would reply: ‘In brothel. Will be free in a few seconds.’

As the size of Nelson Mandela’s cell on Robben Island still haunts me, I had always rejected the idea of visiting Auschwitz because I feared my tears would make the trip about me and not the victims. But thanks to persuasion from my longtime friend Richard Glynn, a former CEO of the bookies Ladbrokes, I spent most of Thursday at the camps an hour from Krakow in Poland. Nothing prepares you for Auschwitz. The stats are stark: 1.1 million victims, mainly Jewish, perhaps 230,000 of them children. If you didn’t die in the gas chamber, you would die in the field, because the SS gave prisoners so little food that they would lose weight and be gone in three months. My abiding memory was the shoes. The little shoes. The large shoes. The dust-covered shoes. Those victims were not forgotten. I had seen their shoes. Only 8 per cent of SS guards ever faced a court. Why? At the end of the day these mass murderers would return to their homes outside the camps to play with their children and cuddle their wives. Is this a German thing, or do we all have murder in our hearts? One other question: if it had been six million Christians, six million Muslims, six million Hindus or six million Sikhs murdered, would Holocaust Memorial Day be a bigger event? I fear so. Anti-Semitism is alive and well.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/sun-readers-are-100-to-one-on-my-side-in-the-confected-ross-barkley-row/
  Prediction - he supposedly receives multiple anti-semite messages from supposed Liverpool fans and takes the debate in that direction.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2017, 09:33:26 am »

Must be really grating for him if he's pulling out all the stops in one column. Would be so apt if this last column on Barkley proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back and marked the start of what amounted to a full ban by all the clubs. One can only hope the other clubs consider standing alongside Liverpool, Everton et al.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2017, 02:13:22 pm »

"Journalists from The S*n will be allowed to attend European games at Liverpool and Everton next season despite their ban from Anfield and Goodison Park."

"Uefa are responsible for matchday accreditation for the media for both the Champions League and the Europa League, and The Independent has learned that they will approve any accreditation requests from writers at The S*n for matches."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »
"Journalists from The S*n will be allowed to attend European games at Liverpool and Everton next season despite their ban from Anfield and Goodison Park."

"Uefa are responsible for matchday accreditation for the media for both the Champions League and the Europa League, and The Independent has learned that they will approve any accreditation requests from writers at The S*n for matches."

Doesn't mean we have to talk to them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2017, 04:18:44 pm »
Doesn't mean we have to talk to them.

Preciselly.
It would be right for everyone associated with the club to give them the 'I can smell shit but can't really see it' treatment.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2017, 04:21:23 pm »

Do you have a link to the article?

I'm actually surprised they care about European games, half their readers think the world ends at Dover.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:35 pm »
Having made a statement like that and with a person like McKenzie as a friend, I can't believe Phillips was ever the Chair of the Equalities Commission - beggars belief. From what I've read of this guys stuff, he talks shit most of the time.............didn't he make some stupid comments about Luis Suarez at the time of his incident ?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »
it baffles me how such open bigotry (and that's what it is, bigotry) is acceptable. Why is it ok to stereotype an entire city of people?
Great post mate, I've snipped it and left that bit in to highlight it.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2017, 08:51:30 pm »

Give them the accreditation..... it's still our property and we can still ban them from stepping foot on it!!!! Fuck UEFA!!!

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:01 pm »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2017, 10:55:12 am »

Of course, as a man who's supposedly spent his career fighting for equality, he'd be outraged if somebody made a comment calling black people more aggressive or stupider, but he's more than happy to regurgitate the stereotypes about scousers. Sat in a nice metro pub, drinking his £7 pint with his friends, scoffing about those scumbag scousers whinging again.

Fantastic post, thank you for that!
I've just highlighted this section as the levels of hypcrocrasy among minorities that have faced forms of discrimination never ceases to amaze me. Almost as if the status of being a victim can be claimed by only one group of peoples and is jealously guarded thereafter. As if accepting, highlighting, or discussing the victimisation of one group of people takes away from the plight of other victims, and so rather than showing solidarity if only because of empathy founded on personal experience of discrimination, they might even go the other extreme and be amongst the first to reject and ridicule another group's claim of discrimination.

A typical case of a minority (or victim)representative trying to curry favour for one's own issues by wholeheartedly supporting the establishment against claims put forward by another group facing discrimination or the likes.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2017, 12:07:03 pm »

Only just spotted this post, and as someone just above pointed out..... excellent post my friend.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:48 pm »
Fuck UEFA.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline muffin the mule

• A good 'un.
  • Kopite
« Reply #312 on: May 1, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »
For 28 years they should have been banned from Anfield

Re the groups Total eclipse and Shun the sun my only question would be why now and not 28 years ago

Maybe I'm getting old and long in the tooth but we could have done with the help a long time ago

Justice for the 97, the families and the survivors

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #314 on: May 1, 2017, 05:57:32 pm »
Give them the accreditation..... it's still our property and we can still ban them from stepping foot on it!!!! Fuck UEFA!!!

Unfortunately not, for European games the club effectively hands the stadium over to UEFA for them to control. It effectively becomes UEFA's stadium for the day, not the clubs.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 1, 2017, 06:02:27 pm »
If you work for the scum then you're a c*nt belted out during the CL anthem would get the message across.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #319 on: May 1, 2017, 07:31:48 pm »
For someone who claims to have Labour connections, Trevor Phillips sure does enjoy shitting on the working class any opportunity he gets.

When your documentaries and comments are used around the world solely by right-wing extremists and white supremacists in an attempt to give their flawed arguments credibility, then you're definitely part of the problem.

Phillips is a big supporter of his own definition of free speech and attacking the imaginary 'PC Brigade'. I guess he won't take offense to people's reply to his ill-though-out piece.

There are plenty of quotes from Malcom X about people that act and behave like Phillips. As long as Phillips knows his place, he'll be pushed to the front of the line time and time again.

Philips is typical of a particular type of metropolitan lefty. They get paid a good wedge following the party line but when things go against them, passed over for promotion, not being parachuted into a safe sea they start to agitate against very thing they've "believed" in for years.

There is a long line of former left wingers who have gone to the other extreme; Leo McKinstry, Paul Johnson, Peter Hitchens for heavens sake!