Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 215081 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good luck to him, he's a good manager.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rodgers won't be going to Celtic. Which is a shame as he's still getting some money off us which he'll lose if he goes there but they can't even get close to what it would take.

Good luck to the man.

Why I love RAWK!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:24:18 pm by Reese »

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Seems to be a universally popular appointment with the Celtic fans, so that's all that matters really.

Good luck to him; he gave us some of the best times we could have ever imagined in that run in 2013/14.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Either Rodgers himself or Celtic can't have been 100% sold on the appointment given a rolling 12 month contract

Or both, who knows? No manager is guaranteed anything like 12 months in any case.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
It's the perfect place for him in all honesty. The fans will (should) take to him instantly, and he's a real chance of building his reputation there. It's probably the job he should have went for before he came to us. We were too big too soon.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
Or both, who knows? No manager is guaranteed anything like 12 months in any case.
12 month rolling contracts is what we do now. Both Lennon and Deila had this too.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
It's the perfect place for him in all honesty. The fans will (should) take to him instantly, and he's a real chance of building his reputation there. It's probably the job he should have went for before he came to us. We were too big too soon.
He applied in 2010 but Neil Lennon got the job.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
Seems to be a universally popular appointment with the Celtic fans, so that's all that matters really.

Good luck to him; he gave us some of the best times we could have ever imagined in that run in 2013/14.
It was all Suarez.  ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Congrats to Brendan. Hope he does well. Still have a soft spot for the man with how close he got us to the title in '14 and how respectful he was and still is towards LFC.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
He did. He applied in 2010 but Neil Lennon got the job.
Never knew that. Well, there you go, then. Celtic are going to have to loosen those purse strings a little more than giving him 15 million in the summer. Needs to be double that.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
Never knew that. Well, there you go, then. Celtic are going to have to loosen those purse strings a little more than giving him 15 million in the summer. Needs to be double that.
The fact is we don't have that unless Dermot Desmond is willing to dip his hands in his own pockets.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Can't say I agree with that. If he hadn't went here then, there's a good chance he never would have given the rarity in the clubs at the top of the table appointing British/Irish managers.

His tenure was far from disastrous anyway. An amazing season sandwiched in between 2 average ones.

I get what you're saying like but I imagine he has absolutely zero regrets (in taking the job).

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Best of luck Brendan lad. Go win lots of trophies while you're there.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Think he'll do wonders for Patrick Roberts.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Good for him. Good luck lad.

Word to the wise though Brendan - stop trying to turn defenders and goalies into football players and you'll be fine.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

That's probably more than every other club in the division combined.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
That's probably more than every other club in the division combined.
Surely, though, a club as big as Celtic should be coughing up that for a new manager? That's if they've aspirations of getting into the CL that is. 15 million just sounds a bit pathetic, especially when you consider some of the players Celtic have had in the past.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
So who'll win the 2017 title, Rangers or Aberdeen?
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
Can't say I agree with that. If he hadn't went here then, there's a good chance he never would have given the rarity in the clubs at the top of the table appointing British/Irish managers.

This. Neil Lennon did well up there and you didn't see him getting anywhere near a PL job after he left, let alone Liverpool.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
Surely, though, a club as big as Celtic should be coughing up that for a new manager? That's if they've aspirations of getting into the CL that is. 15 million just sounds a bit pathetic, especially when you consider some of the players Celtic have had in the past.
We do want to get to the CL but the reality is we can't go forking out 30 plus million. We just don't have it. I will be surprised if he even gets the 15 million quoted and I would expect us to have to be selling first to fund such an amount.

15 million being considered pathetic says it all about how inflated football is. If you don't use it wisely 15 million won't get you much either.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:00:10 pm by ghirl67 »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Most curious to see how he gets on in Europe, what he learned from his time with Liverpool.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
good luck. for his sake, I hope he cleans up, wins the league and gets them into the group stages of the champions league.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
Extremely hard for him to enhance his reputation in any significant way. He could win league after league and it wouldn't be any more than par for the course...expected. He won't get any credit for it.

European progression is really all he's playing for each season in terms of CV enhancement, and I don't fancy his chances much with the squad they currently have, or with the funds he'll be given to improve it.

Very strange move, all in all. Seems awfully pointless.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Best of luck to him. Hope he does well, whatever 'doing well' means for Celtic these days.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good luck Brendan, so close to going down as a legend. Wish him all the best for the future, anyone unable to do that much is a grade a bellend

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Best of luck to him. Hope he does well, whatever 'doing well' means for Celtic these days.
I'd assume getting to the CL group stage would be beyond expectations.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
Good one...all the best Brendan. Always held him in a high regard after the season he gave us

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
So much respect for the guy and I hate the jibes he still gets on this site.

This is the wrong choice for him, no big job will come after Celric even if he wins every domestic trophy and not winning the league will be failure.  Swansea would have been far better.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
Most curious to see how he gets on in Europe, what he learned from his time with Liverpool.

Simione or Pep would do nothing with Celtic in Europe, they are a crap team and his experience with us is irrelevant.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan

Hearts.  *evil laughter*

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
So much respect for the guy and I hate the jibes he still gets on this site.

This is the wrong choice for him, no big job will come after Celric even if he wins every domestic trophy and not winning the league will be failure.  Swansea would have been far better.

Mate he has the champions league, it'll be a great learning experience for him. I don't see why can't build on this and move onto greater things.

And congrats to Brendan. I hope the board are fully behind him so he can create something special for Celtic.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
Good luck to him, i know its only stats but his team  of 13 14 outpointed and outscored our dream team of 87 88!
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good luck to Brendan in his new role. He'll be a good fit there.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He'll do well there.

Thought England would have a look at him post-Euros.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
What counts as doing well for Celtic? Winning tge league is an expectation. Getting to the group stages if the CL?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Not the bloke stood next to me at the cricket club tonight who shouted 'fuck' as he checked his phone. But I suspect he was a dick!

Good luck to him. In many ways it's a hiding to nothing because the next Celtic manager to not win the League is asking for trouble but I'm sure he'll do well.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Good luck Brendan. Hope it goes well for him there. Just nice to see him back in management. Not quite sure how much of a challenge it will be though in Scottish football. As there is not the standard of competitiveness. Will be interesting how he does in the CL.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
Good luck to Brendan, hope he does well there.

If he does well at Celtic his season with us where we nearly won the league will be remembered when it comes to other clubs looking at him, as well as the job he did at Swansea. Lennon had no experience before Celtic and to an extent was still an unknown quantity.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
good luck Brendan!