Author Topic: Rubin Kazan -advice needed  (Read 21448 times)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rubin Kazan -advice needed
« Reply #120 on: November 8, 2015, 09:34:01 am »
Have to agree with Phil - that was right up there with the best ever Euro aways .  I feel a bit daft about my original post as the people of Kazan couldn't have been any friendlier and helpful. Met plenty of great Russian people all of who  seemed pleased to have us visit their city .  There was a moment when it could  have got a bit dodgy - we got on the wrong bus after the match and headed off North deep into a residential suburb of tower blocks. When we realised the lads on the bus couldn't have been more helpful and when we got off in the middle of no-where people helped us get a taxi back to the city centre - not sure that would have been the case at Zenit.
Cheap ale great bars and staying in a 5 star hotel for 50 quid a night made it almost the perfect trip - oh and the mstch was ok as well. Top stadium and that wrap around digital screen all round the outside of it looked amazing.
A beautiful city with a lot to see if you have  time - had a look around the Kremlin and the Museum of Soviet life which just happened to be next to an Irish bar but would have loved to have had a bit more time to look around.
As is often the case our end was half full of local reds but there were plenty of familiar faces too - met some old and new friends one of which - Phil from Hunts Cross,  would still be there if we hadn't got the hotel porter to open his room when our taxi to the airport arrived at 3am to find him crashed out dead to the world on his bed after making the fatal mistake of having a quick lie down after getting in half an hour earlier !
Can't wait for Sion now but that's going to have a lot to live up to to better this one.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
In case any of the lads and lasses who travelled have missed it. The club want your proof of travel and visa by 14th of November or you won't get your credit for the trip.
It's about time they did something like this but I can't help thinking it would have been easier all round to hand out the tickets over there on production of your passport and saved all this messing about.
Pleased you had a good trip, I was priced out of this one but I'll be back on the road for Sion
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2015, 09:49:26 pm »
Sent 3 in by e-mail today proof of travel sorted within the hour...