Author Topic: Kop v Yellow Wall  (Read 10666 times)

Offline tgwj77

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Kop v Yellow Wall
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:14:54 pm »
I read somewhere on here that - notwithstanding its 25,000 capacity in standing mode - the capacity of the Sudtribune at Dortmund in SEATED mode is pretty similar to that of the Kop.

Is that true? I can't find a link to a seated capacity figure.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kop v Yellow Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:05 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfalenstadion

This only gives the 25000 figure which I assume is seated

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »
24,454 Standing, not sure about seated

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »
I read somewhere on here that - notwithstanding its 25,000 capacity in standing mode - the capacity of the Sudtribune at Dortmund in SEATED mode is pretty similar to that of the Kop.

Is that true? I can't find a link to a seated capacity figure.

Capacity of the stadium is 80,667 which includes 24,454 standing places on the yellow wall, the South Stand. They have two standing blocks on the North Stand for away supporters and report a total of 25,000 standing places. This gives 546 standing places in the North Stand (maybe a bit light).

Capacity for European games is 65,829 so they lose 14,838 standing places or 59% of standing capacity. Based on that ratio the seating capacity of the South stand is about 14,514.

The Kop has a seating capacity of 12,390 so very similar.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:57:15 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:20:51 pm »
I thinks it's almost exactly the same as the Kop - 12,700 or so.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:46:43 am »
24,454 Standing, not sure about seated

Is this all 'rail-seats'? In which case it must be exactly 1/2 of that seated surely.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 07:13:53 am »
Is this all 'rail-seats'? In which case it must be exactly 1/2 of that seated surely.

The rail seats are at the upper level. I think the lower part may be a bit more open.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 05:01:46 am »
The rail seats are at the upper level. I think the lower part may be a bit more open.

Gotcha!