Author Topic: Ludogrets AWAY - 26th NOV 2014  (Read 67474 times)

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
Re: Ludogrets AWAY - 26th NOV 2014
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2014, 05:19:00 pm »
If anyone can get me a sensible way for £100 flights all in can you please message me and i'll love you. Forever, possibly.
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »
£60 return flights Manc to Thessaloniki, Tuesday to Friday.

Train from Thessaloniki Wednesday morning at 6.26am, gets to Sofia at 12.40pm. Return on Thursday at 5pm, gets to Thessaloniki just before midnight.

Timetable here: http://bdz.bg/files/pdf/sofia_thessaloniki_eng.pdf

No prices on timetable but various places online suggest around €30 return. Doesn't seem you can buy online, have to buy at station over there.

My current preferred route but concerned at not having train tickets in advance. Back up is a taxi but it's £100 each way and only two of us would be doing the route.
Long live the King

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 09:05:41 pm »
Ta for that mate. Will look at that

Online NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 10:56:05 am »
Alternative route which we've booked mate:

Manc to Bergamo (Milan) then bergamo to Sofia. Roughly £150 return, 25th to 28th. Ryanair and Wizz Air.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 02:44:16 pm »
A little beggar here, will want to go to this one, but cant find no-one who is available in my home town to do this. Just found a perfect 2 day route for me to do this:

Tallinn-Milano Bergamo 25.nov
Milano Bergamo-Sofia 26.nov
Sofia-Milano Bergamo 27.nov
Milano Bergamo Tallinn 27.nov

So is someone perhaps going through Milano aswell, cause it would be pretty boring to travel alone :D

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:34 pm »
£60 return flights Manc to Thessaloniki, Tuesday to Friday.

Train from Thessaloniki Wednesday morning at 6.26am, gets to Sofia at 12.40pm. Return on Thursday at 5pm, gets to Thessaloniki just before midnight.

Timetable here: http://bdz.bg/files/pdf/sofia_thessaloniki_eng.pdf

No prices on timetable but various places online suggest around €30 return. Doesn't seem you can buy online, have to buy at station over there.

My current preferred route but concerned at not having train tickets in advance. Back up is a taxi but it's £100 each way and only two of us would be doing the route.

Them trains still running?

Greece cancelled all international trains when the economic crisis kicked in.

hope im wrong

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
If trains aren't running just jog along the rail track.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »
Them trains still running?

Greece cancelled all international trains when the economic crisis kicked in.

hope im wrong

Yes - restarted in May this year.
Long live the King

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:20 pm »
European train journeys are great. We did Milan-Berne for Young Boys and it was brilliant sitting back on the ale going through the alps etc. Need to find a dive in Thessaloniki if im gonna do this route.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 10:13:27 am »
Anyone can sort me out with a ticket for the away section ? PM me

there will be a few in your ticketless camp - such as myself
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline tectronicltd

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 11:21:28 am »
Hi guys I'm from Sofia but live in uk go to all liverpool home games normally. I hot a wizzair return ticket from luton for £80 on the day of the draw. Just wanted to say if too expensive fly to Bourgas maybe go to sunny beach then get train or coach to Sofia even 30min plane. Also thomas cook and thomson fly to Bourgas! Sofia is awesome for nights out and full of intersting clubs and bars ..ignore the chalga guy who posted earlier (normal young people from Sofia hate chalga clubs too so not many left, but if you come from Plovdiv I'm not surprised they are all idiots lol).All bars and clubs,restaurants are close to each other with in the center and open all night (you must go to Murphy's pub to get real ale and watch any football game as they have all sorts of illigal satelite ) ..plus its a place where all local liverpool fans from the official bulgarian fan club drink and watch games. Everything is cheap especially local beers(very good but mainly lagers). If you change ur pounds to leva in the change bureaus the rate is higher then uk or bulgarian banks plus there is plenty scattered around in the center.
The game will be played at the national stadium as its the only one with license for euro games and will be at 40 000 not 46 000 . The interest is massive and will be packed with neutral and Bulgarian liverpool fans like me who will try and get as close as they can to the away fans to sing with them (they know all the songs).Bulgarians buy they tickets from the tills and the tickets bihind the goals are 50 leva compare to 80-100 leva at sides! You maybe able to buy some of the so called expensive tickets early or online expensive for locals but expect it to be full (everyone I know is going as this is a chance to see real football live as they say with stars).The current rate pound to leva is about £1=2.40 leva

Thanks for the useful info didopich. Do you know what section a,b,c or d the liverpool fans are likely to have please?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 02:55:13 pm »
Yes mate it should be same as the Real M, which is sector Г (G) block 44

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 04:25:37 pm »
Tickets in Bulgaria went on sale on saturday but only as a package for all 3 home games. They have sold 27 000 in two days (sat-sun) a lot of people are buying the package to ensure they have a ticket for Real M ... So a lot of tickets could be available on the black market. The only tickets left are behind the goals - sector B and G but not on sale yet as singles. Away sector like a said above allocated for Real is G  block 44 so I expect the same for Liverpool. Any questions please ask

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »
Tickets in Bulgaria went on sale on saturday but only as a package for all 3 home games. They have sold 27 000 in two days (sat-sun) a lot of people are buying the package to ensure they have a ticket for Real M ... So a lot of tickets could be available on the black market. The only tickets left are behind the goals - sector B and G but not on sale yet as singles. Away sector like a said above allocated for Real is G  block 44 so I expect the same for Liverpool. Any questions please ask

How many did Madrid get?
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 09:26:44 am »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:09 am »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 10:39:31 am »
Thought you had to give at least 5%?

Real have shite away following normally, can't imagine that they took up their full allocation for an away game in Sofia.

They will at Anfield because it's a big game

Offline liverpoolsnumber9

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »
If anyone can get me a sensible way for £100 flights all in can you please message me and i'll love you. Forever, possibly.
BA Heathrow mon-fri £180 ...

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »
To be honest mate what I've seen all the main bars (and there are LOTS of them :)) are pretty much central.  Looks like they have a fantastic Metro system which works out at about 30p each ride. :)

Some Interesting transport info below: Looks like wherever you get a hotel it will be a piece of piss to get to wherever you wanna go.  Our hotel for instance is right next to the K. Velichkov stop on M1 line so happy days.

You can get to and from the Airport straight into the City centre on the Metro too.

The Stadion Vasil Levski also has a Metro stop so no fucking hassle getting to the ground. :)

The subway (metro) in Sofia has two lines - Red (M1) and Blue (M2). The Red line (Lulin, Obelya) goes through the city center to the southeast (Tsarigradsko shose), where it will eventually connect to the airport. The Blue line goes through the city center as well connecting Nadezhda r.d. (Lomsko shose), Central Train Station with city center ending at Lozentz r.d (James Bourchier). Both lines meet at the Serdika station where one can transfer using a single ticket. One of the main stations in the center of town is called "NDK" or "National Palace of Culture"

There are several kinds of tickets and cards in Sofia. The single ride ticket costs 1.00 Lev - 0.50 Euro, and is valid for a single ride, without limitation of time or distance. After buying the ticket, you must stamp it inside the vehicle with the yellow stamp-machines (perforators). Another option for multi-travelling is buying a court of 10 tickets, the principle is the same with the rides. Such court of 10 tickets costs 8 Leva - 4 Euro. Beware that one such court cannot be used by two or more people on the same time, and the 10-th ticket must always be preserved and shown upon request to the ticket inspectors (this is to make sure that you are not using a punched ticket that you found on the bus).

If you are planning a stay in Sofia, it is best to rely on single-day-cards. Such card costs 4 Leva - 2 Euros, and is valid for all buses, trams, trolleybuses and the subway. The card is stamped by the kiosk seller so you don't have to worry about stamping it inside the vehicles. It is valid after stamped until the closing time of the transport, so around 23:30 - 00:00. You can also buy the 24h ticket for the next or another day, by simply telling that to the employee, and he will put the appropriate date stamp of the next or another day, you wish to travel. Just find a kiosk where this card is sold, and buy every single morning such a card, and travel as much as you like. The card is valid for a single person only!Also when you use the day ticket in Metro system, always validate the ticket in the manned(in every station next the auto doors) ticket point. The employee scan the ticket with a bar code reader, and gives it a free entrance allowance . You must do that every time during the day, in order to pass inside the metro stations.

I was looking at their metro yesterday.  The green line isn't built yet (it would have taken me to my hotel.  The red line hasn't been extended to the airport yet.  Buses and taxis's only from airport to Town.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline tectronicltd

• Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »

Thanks. I've managed to get 3 x tickets in Сектор Г block 41. Quite close to away section but probably full of local ultra's knowing my luck.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2014, 03:40:10 pm »
If the Basel thread is anything to go by there will be bin loads of LFC tickets offered for sale for this by fans that 'can't make it.'

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
Thanks. I've managed to get 3 x tickets in Сектор Г block 41. Quite close to away section but probably full of local ultra's knowing my luck.

im in block 37 but i will try to move closer to the away section, i don't give a fuck :D

Offline RJane89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

How much were they charged?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2014, 06:21:03 pm »
im in block 37 but i will try to move closer to the away section, i don't give a fuck :D
Normally the police move any scatered foreneirs into the away section but to be fair as long as you in sector G (г) then yiu should be surrounded by Bulgarian-Liverpool fans as the reds have a big following

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »
Ticlets for locals behind the hoal secrors are about £20-25

Offline tectronicltd

• Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2014, 10:28:38 pm »
Normally the police move any scatered foreneirs into the away section but to be fair as long as you in sector G (г) then yiu should be surrounded by Bulgarian-Liverpool fans as the reds have a big following
That's good to hear. They look good seats then. I've converted the face value printed on mine and the individual tickets are only £17. I think black market tickets would still be reasonable for travelling reds

Offline Seveofthekop

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »
A little beggar here, will want to go to this one, but cant find no-one who is available in my home town to do this. Just found a perfect 2 day route for me to do this:

Tallinn-Milano Bergamo 25.nov
Milano Bergamo-Sofia 26.nov
Sofia-Milano Bergamo 27.nov
Milano Bergamo Tallinn 27.nov

So is someone perhaps going through Milano aswell, cause it would be pretty boring to travel alone :D

Wizz Air have cancelled the light from Sofia on the 27th

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2014, 04:17:47 pm »
Wizz Air have cancelled the light from Sofia on the 27th

alright cheers for the notice mate, will have to look alternatives

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: October 1, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »
Just booked for me and me dad. £250 each for the flight with easyjet direct from Stansted and 2 nights in the Remada right in the centre. Back to heathrow via Athens with Aegean.

www.edreams.co.uk
« Last Edit: October 1, 2014, 03:44:12 pm by Aggers-Elbow »

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline JBH14

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: October 3, 2014, 12:51:43 am »
Just booked this trip last night for me and me mate. Flying from Gatwick on Monday morning and back to Manchester on Thursday via Brussels. Booked in to the hotel Rila for 3 nights. It has cost us about  £200 each but that's including the train to London on Sunday morning because we're going to Palace away, and 1 night stay in the Holiday Inn at Gatwick airport as well.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: October 6, 2014, 07:06:52 pm »
Anyone still looking for cheap flights, Stansted to Plovdiv, Mon- Fri £62 same flights as I paid £82 for!  :no

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: October 7, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »
Anyone got any idea how much money were gonna need? Just need enough for 2 days on the ale and food

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #72 on: October 7, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »
Anyone got any idea how much money were gonna need? Just need enough for 2 days on the ale and food

you will be fine with 100 quid

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »
you will be fine with 100 quid

That's what I usually change.

Offline DAVID IN DUBAI

• Main Stander
  • (Sniffer) Dubai Reds.
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2014, 07:32:35 pm »
This one sorted, a bit unorganized mind as i had already booked for Palace away on the Sunday then back to Dubai Monday morning, then Tuesday morning Qatar air from Dubai to Sofia via Doha and Budapest, 2 x nights in Sofia and Wizz air direct back to Dubai new airport on Thursday afternoon. (Another boss trip in the making). ;D ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #75 on: October 8, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 8, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »
This one sorted, a bit unorganized mind as i had already booked for Palace away on the Sunday then back to Dubai Monday morning, then Tuesday morning Qatar air from Dubai to Sofia via Doha and Budapest, 2 x nights in Sofia and Wizz air direct back to Dubai new airport on Thursday afternoon. (Another boss trip in the making). ;D ;D
will bring some salt in case the square is frozen in Sofia,don't want you slipping on your arse again during the kick about Dave  8)

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2014, 11:10:19 am »
Prices of this trip with Lufthansa have gone up and down over the last week but you can get there and back for just over £200 on Expedia with Lufthansa from Manchester. Book direct with Lufthansa and its a few quid cheaper. Out Tuesday back Thursday. These decent flight times and prices are pretty much the cheapest in the last month.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2014, 02:39:25 pm »
7 of us all sorted for this now,lunchtime flights from Manc,there  & back,via Frankfurt goin & Munchen coming home 8)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:10:39 pm by rhylred »

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 10:50:54 am »
7 of us all sorted for this now,lunchtime flights from Manc,there  & back,via Frankfurt goin & Munchen coming home 8)

What flights Phil we go Monday to Thursday same route