Author Topic: 2014 & 8th annual LFC supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit  (Read 2913 times)

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
2014 & 8th annual Liverpool FC supporters 
Friendship Visit to Moenchengladbach
Friday 2nd May to Monday 5th May 2014

The 2014 Liverpool FC Supporters annual Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach will this year take place from Friday, 2nd May to Monday, 5th May 2014.  This will be 8th consecutive annual friendship visit by Liverpool FC Supporters and will as usual include guaranteed match tickets to watch Borussia in Bundesliga action.  This year it is a chance to see the visit of German Bundesliga outfit FC Mainz to face Borussia at the 54,000 capacity Borussia Park. 

*********************IMPORTANT INFORMATION***********************

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Borussia Moenchengladbach v FC Mainz match will
kick off at 3.30pm on Saturday, 3rd May 2014. 

NOTE:- All match tickets for the visiting LFC supporters are guaranteed by the Borussia Moenchengladbach Fan Projekt.   

Also on the 2014 LFC Supporters Friendship visit itinerary, as usual, is a guided tour of the impressive 54,000 capacity Borussia Park.  A tour of the pubs/bars in the Moenchengladbach Altstadt (Old Town) and a visit to the Borussia Moenchengladbach "Fanhaus" the official BMG Supporters Club where they have a whole corner dedicated to Liverpool Football Club and where the official presentations will take place. On match day there will be an all day LFC/BMG Fan Party (12 midday to midnight) in the BMG Fanhaus followed after the match with live music from local German bands. There will also be free time to visit the nearby city of Dusseldorf on Sunday 4th May 2014.

ATTENTION: All travelling LFC supporters are reminded that they will be once again be
acting as ambassadors for Liverpool FC and the City of Liverpool.

Match tickets (£25.00 each) & tickets for Borussia Park stadium tour can also be ordered by contacting myself via my Email address:-(grahamlfc@aol.com)

NOTE: All travelling supporters will receive a full weekend itinerary from me approximately four weeks before departure.

If you are interested in joining me for the 2014 & 8th annual LFC Supporters Moenchengladbach Friendship visit and an unforgettable weekend.  Please contact me via my e-mail address for further information, thank you.

Best wishes, Graham
(Annual LFC Supporters annual
Moenchengladbach Friendship visit organiser)
Liverpool FC & Borussia MG - a friendship unique in world football

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: 2014 & 8th annual LFC supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »
Who is the most unpopuar fan at a Borussia Moenchengladbach game?

The one that says, "Give me a 'B'..."

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2014, 03:34:09 pm »
catch you in May Graham, Gaz.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:40:44 am »
Last few tickets remaining - contact me ASAP if interested in joining us for a superb weekend in Moenchengladbach.

Offline SoM

• Main Stander
  • Those were the days my friends!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 02:02:40 pm »
I live in Düsseldorf and Im really looking forward to this. Let me know if any support is needed.
Those were the days my friends!

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:45 pm »
Last few tickets remaining - contact me ASAP if interested in joining us for a superb weekend in Moenchengladbach.

have these sold out?
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »
In the February 2014 edition of the excellent LFC monthly magazine "THE KOP", there is a piece about the forthcoming 2014 & 8th annual LFC supporters friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, on sale NOW at all good newsagents & retail outlets.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:59 pm »
Borussia Park stadium tour will take place on Sunday 4th May 2014. G

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:47 am »
Some people have had to cancel, therefore still some tickets available if any LFC supporters' would like to join us for a special weekend in Moenchengladbach.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 04:59:18 pm »
Some people have had to cancel, therefore still some tickets available if any LFC supporters' would like to join us for a special weekend in Moenchengladbach.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: March 6, 2014, 08:51:05 am »
Thanks to all who have contacted me in regard to this years friendship visit.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 02:04:15 am »
The 2014 Liverpool FC supporters friendship visit to Moenchengladbach will be held in memory of my great friend and the great friend of Liverpool FC.

I have had a specially commissioned friendship flag made in his memory which will be unveiled in Moenchengladbach during the freindship weekend visit (2nd May to 5th May 2014) of LFC supporters.

Please read below:-

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312337.0
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:16:24 am by grahamlfc »

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 11:20:41 pm »
I am looking forward to meeting up with all the LFC supporters in Moenchengladbach and also once again meeting our great friends from Gladbach - a friendship absolutely unique in world football.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:23:52 pm by grahamlfc »

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »
Just 6 weeks to go!

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 12:25:54 am »
I will be sending out to all travelling participants on this years friendship visit the official 2014 LFC Supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit Itinerary for this years visit very soon.  Can everyone who receives the Itinerary please send me an Email of confirmation that they have safely received it, thanks. 

Graham(LFC Supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit Organiser)

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:44 pm »
Here's a video of our friendship visit to Moenchengladbach in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yb5ERIvod8

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 12:45:59 am »
This year’s friendship visit to Moenchengladbach will be held in the memory of my great pal & the great friend of Liverpool Football Club, Warrington based Manchester City fan and member of the Tartan Army Tom Smith. 

Born in Motherwell, Scotland, Tom sadly died in February this year at just 61 years of age.

I have had a special flag especially commissioned in his memory which will be unveiled on the 1st evening of the friendship visit and also during the BMG/LFC Fan party in the official Borussia MG Fanhaus on match day – the 2nd day of the official friendship visit.

To learn more about Tom and what he did for LFC, please read the link below:-

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312337.0

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 08:25:55 am »
Respect x2.  :wave :wave
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:22 am »
This looks like a fantastic occasion. Spot on Graham. I will defo be looking at attending the 9th edition and will keep my eye out for the thread next year. :wave

Good Luck to BMG and hope they grab that Bundesliga 4th spot from Leverkusen. I can say that without worry now Sami has left.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 11:32:47 pm »
I have sent out the official 2014 LFC supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit ITINERARY to all travelling LFC supporters, anyone who still has not received their itinerary - please contact me immediately, thanks. Graham.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2014, 11:15:42 am »
2014 & 8th annual LFC Supporters Moenchengladbach friendship visit & Fan Party
(Friday 02.05 to Monday 05.05.14)

Firstly, I would like to thank all Liverpool FC supporters for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool FC & also the City of Liverpool and also the supporters & people of Moenchengladbach for their unique hospitality shown yet again during our visit.

Seventy eight LFC supporters in total from Merseyside, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Holland, Germany and all parts of the UK made the visit and I would like to thank each & everyone of them for taking the time, effort & expense to travel to Moenchengladbach, Germany to celebrate a friendship absolutely unique in world football.

It was particularly great to welcome members of the Donegal Official Liverpool Supporters club(AIB) in Ireland who came for the first time to Gladbach and were superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club.

This year's friendship visit was in memory of my great pal and great friend of Liverpool Football Club, namely Mr Tom Smith. In 2005, when Liverpool FC won the Champions League in the "Miracle of Istanbul", Liverpool finished 5th in the league table and UEFA declared that LFC would not be allowed to defend their trophy because of their league position.

Tom Smith, born in Motherwell, Scotland and a member of the Tartan Army & Manchester City season ticket holder of many years standing thought this was an injustice and decided to do something about it. Tom set up immediately an Online petition to lobby UEFA to reverse this decision and in a matter of days the petition had over 100,000 signatures which Tom forwarded on to Sepp Blatter & UEFA. The rest as they say is history..............

Sadly Tom passed away in February this year at the relatively young age of just 61. The pictures show the friendship flag I had especially commissioned in his honour being unveiled in Gladbach as Bag Pipe player Angus played one of his favourite Scottish anthems "The Flower of Scotland".
TOM SMITH - R I P

(Graham - LFC supporters annual Moenchengladbach Friendship visit Organiser)

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2014, 10:28:12 pm »
Official Press Release to follow..................

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2014, 11:06:02 pm »
Thanks for posting this Mr Agg, wouldn't it be great if we played them in European competition again sometime. Was in the Anny the last time we played them in '78, remember swapping scarves with one of their fans. Happy days!
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 09:04:53 pm »
TODAY ON THE OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC WEBSITE - A REPORT ABOUT THE 2014 & 8th ANNUAL FRIENDSHIP VISIT TO MOENCHENGLADBACH. Please click on the link below:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/162591-eighth-trip-celebrates-gladbach-link

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:40 pm »
ON THE OFFICIAL LIVERPOOL FC WEBSITE - A REPORT ABOUT THE 2014 & 8th ANNUAL FRIENDSHIP VISIT TO MOENCHENGLADBACH. Please click on the link below:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/162591-eighth-trip-celebrates-gladbach-link

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
OFFIZIELLEN PRESSEMITTEILUNG

LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - EINE GANZ BESONDERE FREUNDSCHAFT
LIVERPOOL FC & BORUSSIA MG - A VERY SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP

2014 & 8th ANNUAL LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTERS FRIENDSHIP
VISIT TO MOENCHENGLADBACH

Friday 2nd May to Monday 5th May 2014

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
OFFIZIELLEN PRESSEMITTEILUNG

A party of Liverpool FC supporters recently returned from Germany after their 8th consecutive annual Friendship visit since 2007 to Moenchengladbach to yet again consolidate and enhance even further a very special friendship that goes back nearly 40 years to the 1970’s decade.

Liverpool FC & Borussia Moenchengladbach met in the UEFA Cup final in May 1973, Liverpool winning 3-2 on aggregate and they also met in the1977 European cup final in the eternal city of Rome where Liverpool FC won their first ever of their five European cups, the Reds running out 3-1 winners. The two European giants met again the following season 1977/78 in the semi-final of the European Cup, Liverpool winning 4-2 on aggregate.

Since these famous clashes there has been a very special friendship between the two sets of supporters which has resulted in Borussia MG supporters travelling to Liverpool every year since 1992 during the Bundesliga winter break to support the Reds at Anfield, and Liverpool FC supporters led by annual friendship visit organiser Graham Agg, have travelled to Gladbach annually since 2007.

In 1991, a delegation of Borussia Moenchengladbach supporters presented a cheque for 21,000 Deutsch Marks (approximately £7000) to ex-LFC captain Ron Yeats for the Hillsborough families, an amazing gesture that has NEVER been forgotten on Merseyside.

This year’s LFC supporters Friendship visit to Moenchengladbach took place from Friday 2nd May to Monday 5th May 2014. The trip involved a stadium tour of the impressive 54,000 capacity Borussia Park, Borussia’s new home since 2004, which even has a corporate hospitality suite called the “Liverpool” suite! Also on the agenda was an all day Fan Party and highlight of the visit was guaranteed match tickets to watch Borussia in Bundesliga action versus FSV Mainz 05. LFC supporters were amongst the completely sold out attendance at the Borussia Park stadium to support Borussia in their quest to bring European football back to Moenchengladbach.

The Liverpool supporters saw Gladbach secure a 3-1 victory. The LFC supporters were once again invited to an all day fan party in the Borussia official “Fanhaus” situated near the stadium with amazing scenes of friendship between the Borussia & Liverpool supporters.

Liverpool supporters this year unveiled a flag in honour of Tom Smith who sadly passed away in February this year. He was a great friend of Liverpool Football Club – and this year’s friendship visit to Gladbach was made in his memory.

In 2005, when Liverpool FC won the Champions League in the "Miracle of Istanbul", Liverpool finished fifth in the league table and UEFA declared that LFC would not be allowed to defend their trophy because of their league position.

Warrington based Tom Smith, born in Motherwell, Scotland and a member of the Tartan Army & Manchester City season ticket holder of many years standing thought this was an injustice and decided to do something about it. Tom set up immediately an Online petition to lobby UEFA to reverse this decision and in a matter of days the petition had over 100,000 signatures which Tom then forwarded on to Sepp Blatter & UEFA. The rest, as they say is history.....

Sadly Tom passed away in February this year at the relatively young age of just 61. This flag was especially commissioned by organiser Graham Agg in his honour and was unveiled in Gladbach as a Scottish Bag Pipe player played "The Flower of Scotland".

The 2014 LFC Supporters annual Moenchengladbach Friendship visit was once again fully endorsed by Liverpool Football Club. For the 8th consecutive year, LFC presented the organiser of the friendship visit with a gift before departure to Germany.

The gift of a framed letter with the LFC club crest with a special message from Liverpool FC Managing Director Ian Ayre. This was read out to the assembled audience on Friday evening by the freindship visit organiser. In the message, Ian Ayre stated how unique this special friendship is, and thanked the Borussia supporters for their recent gift of over 250 scarves for the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. He also wished the LFC supporters a successful 8th annual friendship visit.

Special guest Chris Shaw – author of the Liverpool FC book “Our Liverpool” about Liverpool FC’s worldwide support (published in 2010), also addressed the audience and he spoke of the importance of the LFC/BMG friendship. Also Thomas Jonny Polcher from the official BMG Fan Projekt spoke about the special friendship which is unique in world football.

This year, 78 Liverpool FC supporters made the trek to Moenchengladbach, the vast majority from the Merseyside region but also LFC fans from all parts of the UK. Ireland was represented this year by the Donegal Branch (Irish Reds) of the official LFC supporters Club(AIB), there was also a group of German Reds from different parts of Germany, also 9 members of the Holland official LFC supporters Club(Alsin). Belgium was also represented on the friendship visit.

Organiser Agg stated that he wishes “to thank Jonny Thomas Polcher & Thomas "Tower" Weinmann from the BMG Fan Projekt for their help in organising the friendship visit, also the fans of Borussia Moenchengladbach & the citizens of the town of Moenchengladbach for their unbelievable hospitality and friendship shown to the Liverpool fans during their stay” and he also stated that he would like “to thank all the travelling Liverpool FC supporters for being superb ambassadors for Liverpool Football Club and the City of Liverpool, and that this weekend has proven yet again that the Borussia Moenchengladbach & Liverpool FC friendship is absolutely unique in world football”.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 04:08:48 am »
For all those already enquiring about the 2015 LFC supporters friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, no dates have yet been set but it will be Spring next year, sometime in April or May 2015.  Further details to follow.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »
Information for the people enquiring about next year's friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, no date has at yet been fixed but it is likely to be either April or May 2015, thank you.  Further details will be posted here.

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 09:14:52 pm »
In the July 2014 World Cup monthly edition of the excellent "THE KOP" LFC newspaper there will be a report about the recent 2014 & 8th annual LFC Supporters friendship visit to Moenchengladbach, available to buy at all good newsagents & retailers from 11th June 2014.

Best wishes,

Graham(Friendship visit organiser)

Offline grahamlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »
I have been reliably informed the July 2014 World Cup monthly edition of the excellent "THE KOP" LFC newspaper with the report about the recent 2014 & 8th annual LFC Supporters friendship visit to Moenchengladbach is NOW available to buy in all good newsagents & retail outlets.