Author Topic: Stockholm for a weekend.  (Read 1186 times)

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
Stockholm for a weekend.
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:14 am »
Been wanting to do this for a while, and have just started full time work so hopefully I'll have a bit money to do it. I'm wanting to go after New Years but the only experience I've got with booking holidays is your average lads package holiday to Magaluf/Ibiza etc. So can any of the lovely Swedish RAWKites or those who've done similar things help me out a little with this. Who's best to book it with? Is it better to book a weekend package away or just do it at your own leisure? How many layers of clothes will I need in January :D ? Like I say I've never done anything remotely like this so I want to do it right.

First one to say "Google.com" gets a cookie, too.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stockholm for a weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:52:55 am »
Sort it yourself..

Don't know where your're flying from but www.norwegian.com - has direct : manchester-stockholm arlanda (main airport) friday/monday for 80-90 pounds return now in january..

accomodation starts at 30-40 pounds a night (hostels etc) and. When you appropach 70-80 pounds a night for a double room, its becoming more than decent..

january/february can get pretty chilly and pick a weekend where Hammarby Bandy plays at home..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 01:47:40 pm »
Bring shed loads of cash. Was there in early July for 5 days with some friends. Great city, with amazing roof top bars around Stadsgarden.

Things worth doing/seeing/experiencing

Food - Pickled herring in a myriad of sauces. The Pelikan Restaurant isn't too bad.
Markets - Östermalm Food Hall for the best produce available
Beer - Local brews are superb, some of my favourites included  All Hale to Nothing & Pickla Pils
Architecture - Virtually every building is pretty awesome
Museum - Historiska or the Mordena Museet.
Live Music - Debaser

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »
Bring shed loads of cash.
Worked have paid for me to go to Stockholm/Sweden and I still shit it when I see the cost of stuff but I really liked Sweden and the Swedish so enjoy.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
Been wanting to do this for a while, and have just started full time work so hopefully I'll have a bit money to do it........

Best club:  Cafe Opera http://www.cafeopera.se/page.asp?pageID=1278
Best hotel: The Radisson Strand: http://www.radissonblu.com/strandhotel-stockholm

Bring lots of loot and warm clothing.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:00:16 pm by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:31:44 am »
Going all 80's and seeing Depeche Mode there in 2 weeks time. Anyone got any bar or club recommendations ?

heard they're a bit harsh on entry.... to the clubs that is...
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....