Author Topic: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.  (Read 48617 times)

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 02:39:04 pm »
The problem is that most of these drivers get paid 'per consignment'.  Therefore once its left the depot and doesn't come back on the van they're paid.

In most cases a card through the door counts as delivered.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »
Thanks for that completely irrelevant post.

I don't think it's irrelevant. When dealing with delivery companies becomes as much of hassle as it is with Yodel then the high street looks a better option. Plus the shop will still be there the next day if you need to take it back. In my experience independent shops will do all they can to match online prices if you're straight with them about it, or they can at least throw in some other deal or service which makes it a reasonable alternative.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »
I must just be dead lucky, had a few deliveries from Yodel now without any issues. The driver always knocks and if we've not been in, he's found a neighbour to take the parcel in. I've also had him knock here to take a neighbours parcel.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:02 pm »
HDNL are just as bad - Wanted to complain ages back abut their shoddy service only to find out I had to write a fuckin letter to them - No telephone or email, just plain snail mail...c*nts
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »
HDNL are just as bad - Wanted to complain ages back abut their shoddy service only to find out I had to write a fuckin letter to them - No telephone or email, just plain snail mail...c*nts
That's because HDNL rebranded as Yodel, different name same shit  ;D  http://www.hdnl.co.uk/Press-Room/Latest-News/HOME-DELIVERY-NETWORK-AND-TRADING-COMPANIES-BECOME-YODEL/

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 02:39:29 pm »
Ordered a case of coconut water last week. Came on Saturday with the box half wet and opened it to see one of the bottles had burst. Clearly not been handled very well. Fucks sake, I hope this company goes bankrupt
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:49:04 pm by Joey C »

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »

That's because HDNL rebranded as Yodel, different name same shit  ;D  http://www.hdnl.co.uk/Press-Room/Latest-News/HOME-DELIVERY-NETWORK-AND-TRADING-COMPANIES-BECOME-YODEL/

I used to work for HDNL around 2009 before the became Yodel. Left after around 6 months as the business itself was run as well as its deliverys were.

Used to hear all sorts about what drivers get up to on their delivery like 46'' flatscreen TV's getting lobbed over back gates and that.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: November 8, 2014, 06:10:58 pm »
Bunch of bad bad wankers. Had a parcel to be delivered to work, in till 5 on a Saturday, 5pm, still not arrived, hang on till 5:15. Nowt still, so get off and drive the 10 mins home, Yodel updated the tracking info to back at hub at 5pm. Unable to access property... now the tracking office is the other side of Manchester, so they have done well to 1 miss me at work and 2 drive a good 20 miles in 10 mins.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 9, 2014, 03:26:24 pm »
LFC used them a few years ago, I ordered the league cup final programme as I never bought one on the day. For delivery thru put a note through my letter box and lashed the package over the fence into the back garden.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 09:37:04 am »
Funnily enough there was no attempted delivery note through the door at work this am. What a joke of a company.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 03:31:26 pm »
Hate these wankers. Put my parcel through the front window which fell behind the couch. Didn't even knock, or must have finger tapped the door. Only saw the parcel late at night when I went to turn the lights on. How are these jokers still in business is baffling!

Quote from: DailyFail
Outrage as poppies from Tower of London memorial are delivered BROKEN - and one courier is even caught throwing ceramic flower over its owner's garden fence
888,246 poppies are being sent out to customers who paid £25 per flower
Several customers have received poppies with the petals broken off
Stuart Spinks claims he saw a Yodel delivery man throwing box in air
One customer was so upset that she threw her broken poppy away 
Yodel staff not treating parcels with respect will face disciplinary action
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:33:20 pm by DanFromMars »
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »
I don't understand why companies still use them. I'll not buy from anywhere which mentions they deliver using them, and if they don't and it turns up (if you're lucky) via one of their vans then they don't get another order from me.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 07:48:12 am »
Ahhhh shitty link. Waiting for a parcel and checked front porch and there was the ' we missed u ' card .  I rang them up and spoke to some twat who said they didnt get an answer at the address. I then said, ' um , the time he tried to deliver was 11.30 as written on the card so please, what time is it now? '

' Uh its 11.15 '

' What was he delivering? a time flux capacitor'

Twats, i hate Citylink.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #53 on: December 1, 2014, 12:35:53 pm »
Favourite trick of the lazy bastard driver trying to knock off early. Had the same happen to me, absolutely shameful.

But they had to go to the door to slip in the note.... not much of a time saver! I'd say it's more likely they get to charge a re-delivery charge so are pumping up the price?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 1, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »
It's weird, I guess you'd have to speak to a delivery driver to find out if they get paid the same for trying to deliver it than for a successful delivery, and if you aren't in do they get the same money to re-attempt. Some of them are absolutely determined for you to take it on the first attempt, and will shove it through the letter box or knock on neighbours etc, others don't even knock, some don't turn up at all but you later see they've said they attempted delivery.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #55 on: December 1, 2014, 01:15:14 pm »
In August I ordered my PS4 with them ballbags Yodel down to deliver them. I used a days leave to wait for them and then hopefully get down to some FIFA15 man time.

Imagine my shock when I happened to be on my knees in the hall repairing a plug only to hear some rustling at the letterbox. Yes, you guessed it, the lazy fucker was in the process of posting a 'sorry we missed you' card through the door!!

Oh his face was a picture when I opened the door and caught him red handed. I said to him, "dont even think about saying you knocked cos I was kneeling 3ft from my front door!". He just said "sign there" and fooked off sharpish!!  :wanker
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 1, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »
Did he have the parcel in hand? Seems bizarre that they would walk up to the door with the parcel and not bother knocking.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 1, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »
Did he have the parcel in hand? Seems bizarre that they would walk up to the door with the parcel and not bother knocking.
I've had it happen.  I went into the kitchen only to see a hand putting a card through the letterbox, I opened the door and he had the parcel with him.  He mumbled something about knocking, he didn't.  I just laughed and signed for the parcel.

It defies all logic, but there you go.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 10:15:41 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498
Yodel stops picking up online orders from retailers
By Emma Simpson Business correspondent, BBC News

The courier firm Yodel has stopped collecting parcels from retailers as it struggles to deal with the huge jump in online orders following the Black Friday sales.

The company says some customers will face delays of up to 72 hours as it works to clear the backlog.

It has told clients there will be no collections from distribution centres on Thursday or Friday.

The company said it hopes to resume normal service on Monday.

In a letter to clients, the company's executive chairman, Dick Stead, said that Black Friday and Cyber Monday had exceeded all analysts' expectations and in many cases orders for UK retailers were double the previous record level set last year.

Parcel volumes then continued with Manic Monday, earlier this week.

"This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but one that we have had to take to protect service levels," he said.

Yodel, which describes itself as the leading delivery company in the UK, said that orders would continue to be delivered: "We would like to reassure shoppers that there is no suspension to our delivery service." It said in a statement.

It added: "Deliveries will continue throughout this period, and we are working hard to ensure that these are made as soon as possible. However, some parcels may be delayed for up to 72 hours.

"By Monday we expect to resume our normal service. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to our clients and their customers."
Affected customers

A spokesperson for Amazon, which uses Yodel as one of its couriers, said: "Amazon orders continue to be processed and delivered in the normal time frame. For example, Prime customers can order for next day delivery."

Catalogue retailer, Argos, said deliveries to its customers were unaffected, but that a small number of customers wishing to return goods over the next couple of days would be temporarily affected by Yodel's suspension to its collection service for some retailers.

It said: " We are very sorry and are urgently contacting all affected customers to rearrange their collections.

"In the meantime, unlike other online retailers, customers have the option of returning items at their nearest Argos store. 90% of the UK population lives within seven miles of one of our 734 stores."

Earlier this week Marks and Spencer was forced to extend delivery dates for online orders as a new distribution centre struggled to cope with heavy Christmas demand.

The online retail industry body, IMRG, recently predicted that Christmas 2014 would be the busiest on record for the UK's online logistics industry.

Andrew Starkey, IMRG's Head of e-Logistics, commented: "All the indications are that more than 210 million online parcels will be sent out during November and December by UK retailers alone."

Good luck to anyone hoping their packages will arrive before Christmas, Yodel are an absolute joke of a company, I can't believe any major retailers still use their service.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 10:25:16 am »
I've ordered something from Amazon and it didn't say it was using Yodel (or wouldn't of bought from them).

One item ordered at same time came yesterday by RoyalMail, then got a text off Yodel telling me they have a backlog and my item will be delayed.

I'll prob have it by Christmas 2015.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 10:31:12 am »
I'm pretty lucky with my deliveries. Most of the drivers know that I am disabled and take some time to answer the door so they will just open the front door and leave the parcel in the porch. I even have the postman doing it as well.

One thing I don't get is that as a Prime member, I get free Next Day Delivery on every order but more often than not when I order multiple items in the same order, I get the items delivered by 2 or 3 different couriers eg DPD (these are very good), Yodel, Citylink or the Royal Mail.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 10:43:09 am »
I've found Hermes are the best company to go for. Cheaper than anyone else and their tracking system is very good. Yodel are a lying sack of crap. Only had two experiences with them but that told me everything I needed to know about them.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 10:51:19 am »
Hate these wankers. Put my parcel through the front window which fell behind the couch. Didn't even knock, or must have finger tapped the door. Only saw the parcel late at night when I went to turn the lights on. How are these jokers still in business is baffling!

You might want to start locking your windows if anyone can open them up?!

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2014, 11:18:32 am »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »
I've found Hermes are the best company to go for. Cheaper than anyone else and their tracking system is very good. Yodel are a lying sack of crap. Only had two experiences with them but that told me everything I needed to know about them.

Hermes are just as bad imo.

Had something delivered by them the other day. I work from home so was definitely in and my office overlooks the front so I'll often see someone there if they hang about for more than a minute. They just threw a cardboard box over my gate though so it was in the middle of my drive way, where it sat for the next few hours getting soaked in the rain, and left a scribbled note in my letter box (on the gate) telling my I wasn't in.

Thankfully the item was wrapped inside a plastic bag inside and was also waterproof, if it had been something else I ordered a while earlier from the same place (same size box) then it would of no doubt of broken from being thrown over my gate then soaked from being left in the rain.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »
Our local Hermes driver is brilliant, got to know him quite well.  It all goes to shit when he's on holiday though.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2014, 03:38:35 pm »
Have a new courier service to add to the list of 'avoid': DX direct.

Send me a text they were coming the same day, so rushed home for them not to turn up. The text said no signature necessary... Came the next day and left a card with no details, apart from ticking 'a signature is required'. Send me a text 2 days later that my item had been delivered (no it hadn't)). Had to re-arrange delivery via their website (or call premium rate number). You can only pick a weekday, so took another day of work. The lad turned up at 6:15pm, could've gone to work after all...

Lots of confusion about ID as well, their website says you have to show ID (and if you arrange delivery to somewhere else, they have to have their own and your ID - yeah, right). The emails they send say no ID necessary. When the driver turned up, he just had a normal pad for a signature, nothing about ID.

Wish company would have to say which delivery company they use, so you can avoid the bad ones.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:28 am »
This reminds me of last christmas.  I was in the front bedroom (end of the road) putting some of my Son's stuff away.  I saw the van come down the road and about to turn outside my house.

I left the room, dropped some towels in the bathroom and went to the door to meet him.

I found a card on my doormat saying I was out.  Opened the door just as the van was pulling away. 

He must have had the card pre written, the scumbag!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »
Thatcher's Britain.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2014, 09:59:25 am »
Just got a text from Boots, ordered the Mrs something for Xmas, guess who the delivery company are... :butt

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 10:13:38 am »
Hope they go into Liquidation, shitbags.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »
Delivered before it was due and the guy actually smiled and was pleasant. Surprised.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 12:20:53 pm »
Cant say ive ever had a single problem with them. Items have always been delivered on time, and our delivery guy is always without fail here between 2pm and 3pm. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »
Cant say ive ever had a single problem with them. Items have always been delivered on time, and our delivery guy is always without fail here between 2pm and 3pm. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Do you work for their PR department? ::)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »
Only time I had a minor problem was when I ordered a new 1.3k computer. Box was so big it wouldn't fit through my front door. 

I was waiting in the Kitchen and got a text 'You weren't in and we will deliver another day.' I was in the fucking Kitchen and I was 3ft away from the door. I went outside to see him pulling off. Thankfully I waved him down and got my items. Snide prick.

Other than that, they've been alright to me.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2014, 01:03:28 pm »
I ordered something from a running site called Sweatshop. Ruefully found it was Yodel after I ordered. Placed the order on 25th Nov, out for delivery on the 28th. It was returned to the depot undelivered. Out again on the 10th December (after I harassed Sweatshop) and was unable to be delivered. On 12th December it was returned to the shop as 'refused'.

Anyway, after much fuss Sweatshop gave me a next day delivery code which I upgraded to the Saturday slot. I ordered it at 6:55pm on Friday. Guess what....it arrives at 9:30 Saturday morning.

The customer services lady told me they are so inundated that they can only really prioritise the next day deliveries. If you've not ordered and it has to be Yodel, might be worth the extra £2 to actually get it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
The customer services lady told me they are so inundated that they can only really prioritise the next day deliveries. If you've not ordered and it has to be Yodel, might be worth the extra £2 to actually get it.

More than likely what they want you to do, as I imagine much more profit in it for them.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:18 pm »
More than likely what they want you to do, as I imagine much more profit in it for them.

Sorry, this was Sweatshop not Yodel. Yodel took too much on over Black Friday and can't get past the backlog. Therefore next day deliveries are constantly put at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:14:41 pm by richiedouglas »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »
I ordered something from a running site called Sweatshop.

'Sweatshop' - jesus!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »
'Sweatshop' - jesus!

Haha they're pretty big, albeit with a terrible name.