Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923622 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #9121 on: April 24, 2017, 10:40:49 pm »
Pleased Brighton are coming up too. Oh the joy last year seeing Boro, Hull and Burnley come up.

Yeah, and hopefully Huddersfield join the promotion party too.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9122 on: April 24, 2017, 10:45:33 pm »

Don't mind Fulham either. Seems like a much better crop coming up this year. Two shite going back down, Hull or Swansea seem to be improved but wouldn't shed a tear whoever goes down.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9123 on: April 24, 2017, 10:52:18 pm »

Yeah, with 3 northern teams likely going down, and Brighton being in the arse end of the country, i'd be happy to see Huddersfield come up.

Worst case scenario is Reading, what a pointless, drab club they are. They just come up, do nothing of note, have nothing unique or interesting about them, then go down 1-2 years later
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9124 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:15 pm »
Yeah, with 3 northern teams likely going down, and Brighton being in the arse end of the country, i'd be happy to see Huddersfield come up.

Worst case scenario is Reading, what a pointless, drab club they are. They just come up, do nothing of note, have nothing unique or interesting about them, then go down 1-2 years later

Agree on Reading and wouldn't want Wednesday up either. Fulham throws up some memorable aways.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9125 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:05 pm »
Don't mind Fulham either. Seems like a much better crop coming up this year. Two shite going back down, Hull or Swansea seem to be improved but wouldn't shed a tear whoever goes down.

Yeah, we're getting a much better trio this time around by the looks of things.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #9126 on: April 24, 2017, 11:00:49 pm »
Well done to rafa and the toon.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9127 on: April 24, 2017, 11:04:16 pm »
Fulham or Huddersfield for me, don't mind which one of those two but any one of them would be boss

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9128 on: April 24, 2017, 11:10:33 pm »
Newcastle has failed without a doubt.

They should of walked this league and just to claim 2nd my their teeth is a failure.

However, if Rafa stays next season and it's a big IF then they will be fine in the PL.
Ha ha fucking ha.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9129 on: April 24, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »
Ha ha fucking ha.

Fordy being overly negative? Never  ;D
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #9130 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:13 pm »
Good to see Benitez getting promoted  :D

They have some exciting players such as Ritchie, Gayle, Shelvey. I think this time the Magpies will be in the Premier League for a while.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9131 on: April 24, 2017, 11:16:03 pm »
Huddersfield or Fulham I agree. Still a very slim chance for Leeds too. Was quite intruiged to see Leeds in and around the playoffs, but not gone too well of late. Would rather them in it than Reading easily. Huddersfield because of the Klopp/Shankly connection, and Fulham because they score a lot of goals (I won't mention left backs that we need here).

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9132 on: April 24, 2017, 11:22:31 pm »
Well in Rafa, fucking delighted for the man and our resident toon army. Fucking hero and a legend.

Fulham play cracking football but if it makes our life easier to sign Sessegnon, then hopefully they miss out. ;)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9133 on: April 24, 2017, 11:32:52 pm »

would love it be Fulham....still one my favourite away games.....decent side n'all
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9134 on: April 24, 2017, 11:33:49 pm »
I've just got home and I have to say that for the first time in my life I'm slightly emotional about what we've achieved this season.  Rafa came in to a club that was rotten to the core and were only heading in one direction and it wasn't up.  We've gone up at the first attempt and that is down to one man, Rafa.  The skin on the palm of my hands is cracked (honestly) and my voice is gone.  Tonight was perfection and the end of an almost perfect season, I don't care where we finish because promotion is all that matters.  We haven't always played good football but more often than we have had enough.

You've all played a part in our promotion, if Rafa hadn't been treated the way he was by you lot we'd have had no chance of getting him, for that thanks.

I know we get the piss taken out of us for supposedly being deluded but I'll say this now, Rafa is on his way to becoming a legend at our club.  How can such a great manager also be a great person?  Most people can't be either yet he's both, I absolutely love everything about him and I could never praise him highly enough.  As far as I'm concerned he can have a job for life and we'll support him through thick and thin.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9135 on: April 24, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »
Congratulations Rafa and all our resident Newcastle fans, looking forward to welcoming you back to Anfield next season...as long as we win!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #9136 on: April 24, 2017, 11:44:59 pm »
Thrilled for Rafa and congrats to Newcastle.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #9137 on: April 24, 2017, 11:49:18 pm »
Honestly, I could cry here     :)

Congrats Paul, good to have you back in the Prem. Hopefully Rafa will get the backing he deserves.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9138 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:43 pm »
I know we get the piss taken out of us for supposedly being deluded but I'll say this now, Rafa is on his way to becoming a legend at our club.  How can such a great manager also be a great person?  Most people can't be either yet he's both, I absolutely love everything about him and I could never praise him highly enough.  As far as I'm concerned he can have a job for life and we'll support him through thick and thin.

Give it time... ;) They come out of the floorboards believe me.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9139 on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:26 pm »
Agree on Reading and wouldn't want Wednesday up either. Fulham throws up some memorable aways.

Christ, that away and in 2008-2009. Incredible scenes, will never forget it.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9140 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:49 pm »
A'hhhh Spiderman, what a guy.     :)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9141 on: April 25, 2017, 12:08:09 am »
I've just got home and I have to say that for the first time in my life I'm slightly emotional about what we've achieved this season.  Rafa came in to a club that was rotten to the core and were only heading in one direction and it wasn't up.  We've gone up at the first attempt and that is down to one man, Rafa.  The skin on the palm of my hands is cracked (honestly) and my voice is gone.  Tonight was perfection and the end of an almost perfect season, I don't care where we finish because promotion is all that matters.  We haven't always played good football but more often than we have had enough.

You've all played a part in our promotion, if Rafa hadn't been treated the way he was by you lot we'd have had no chance of getting him, for that thanks.

Nice one Mick :thumbup ....enjoy it mate
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9142 on: April 25, 2017, 12:29:25 am »

Nice one Mick :thumbup ....enjoy it mate

Thanks, I'm not sure it's worth going to bed tonight, sleep is impossible.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #9143 on: April 25, 2017, 12:36:34 am »
Well in Rafa and congratulations to the Toon.

Hopefully Huddersfield make it now too as I absolutely don't want to see Reading or Sheff Wed come up (Fulham neither).

Would be good to see Jurgens compatriot David Wagner have a go in the PL next season.

I never knew that they have won the League (old First Division) three times (and in a row) though !!

Oh and Rafa had better not beat us next season !  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9144 on: April 25, 2017, 12:37:29 am »
Well in Rafa and congratulations to the Toon.

Hopefully Huddersfield make it now too as I absolutely don't want to see Reading or Sheff Wed come up (Fulham neither).

Would be good to see Jurgens compatriot David Wagner have a go in the PL next season.

I never knew that they have won the League (old First Division) three times (and in a row) though !!

Under Herbert Chapman who then left and won it the next two or three seasons with Arsenal.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9145 on: April 25, 2017, 12:37:38 am »
Wonder if Merson called Rafa today?  ;D

Rafa Benitez could not manage in the Championship, says Paul Merson
Sean Lunt @Sean_Lunt
1 year ago

Newcastle United look destined for relegation from the Premier League this season.

Rafa Benitez would not be able to manage in the Championship at Newcastle United, Paul Merson has told Sky Sports Soccer Saturday.

The Magpies are currently 19th in the table and six points from safety following Saturday’s loss to Southampton.

At this moment in time it is looking like they will be relegated as a result, with their performances not improving enough to suggest a late survival bid is on the cards.

If they do suffer relegation, there is a huge question mark over whether Benitez will stay in the job long term, with it widely known he has a break clause in his current deal.

Merson though, says that he should leave anyway as he wouldn’t be able to manager in the Championship anyway.

“He wouldn’t be able to do a job in the Championship,” he told Soccer Saturday.

“For how good he is and the reputation he’s got, and he’s great at setting teams up not to lose, he couldn’t manage in the Championship.

“He’d have to find a different quality of player than what he’s been working with all his career and look at players who wouldn’t get in any of his teams he’s been manager of.”

Merson’s point is certainly a prevalent one, with Benitez only having experience of competing at the top end of the table.

Indeed, that was something that was brought up as a concern when he was first appointed and so far has proved to be a justified one.

In that regard, perhaps they should look for a clean start and hire a man who has experience in the Championship, and more importantly, of signing players who can compete at that level for the team.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #9146 on: April 25, 2017, 12:38:29 am »
Under Herbert Chapman who then left and won it the next two or three seasons with Arsenal.

Really ? Wow, never knew that. My cousin is a Huddersfield Town fan as well !
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9147 on: April 25, 2017, 12:40:35 am »
Well done Newcastle, very happy for B&w Paul, Mick, Paully. Enjoy.

It's a good job from Rafa and his staff, hadn't realised instant automatic promotion (without playoffs) for relegated clubs wasn't that common.

We'll probably see a fair bit of change now, perhaps starting from his own staff. Iirc they haven't replaced Cathro, no way is he happy with the standard of their youth development, and by extension the people in charge of it. So many possibilities in the transfer market now, can he unearth the next Alonso, his next Torres? He'll need the next Mertens too!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9148 on: April 25, 2017, 12:42:39 am »
Echo the shouts for Fulham or Huddersfield coming up, maybe Sheffield Wednesday.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9149 on: April 25, 2017, 12:42:53 am »

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9150 on: April 25, 2017, 12:48:51 am »
Really ? Wow, never knew that. My cousin is a Huddersfield Town fan as well !

Got that wrong,  he won the titles are Arsenal a few years later. Thought they were all back to back for some reason.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9151 on: April 25, 2017, 01:21:16 am »
Congrats to Toon supporters. If they were sold to better owners and Rafa was properly backed they could become a serious force. they are so lucky to have one of the worlds best managers
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9152 on: April 25, 2017, 01:35:08 am »
In that regard, perhaps they should look for a clean start and hire a man who has experience in the Championship, and more importantly, of signing players who can compete at that level for the team.

... and in short, that was the narrative.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9153 on: April 25, 2017, 05:45:00 am »
Congrats to Newcastle, the Toons and Rafa - be good to see you back in the Prem next season.

Annoying thing is they are going to be a right bastard to play against with Rafa in charge, can see them getting some big scalps next season.

Enjoy the summer of celebrations lads.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9154 on: April 25, 2017, 05:45:56 am »
Well in Rafa, really pleased for him. 
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9155 on: April 25, 2017, 05:58:04 am »
5.56 as I type this out and it was just after 5.30 when I woke up, shaking . . . . sweating . . . .   I had such a crazy dream, you probably wouldn't even believe me if I told you.      ;)

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #9156 on: April 25, 2017, 06:56:00 am »

What a difference 12 months makes - Newcastle going up with Rafa Benitez as their manager, Sunderland going down with David Moyes.....  ;D

:thumbup

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mgfKeGWjhVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mgfKeGWjhVM</a>

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #9157 on: April 25, 2017, 09:03:12 am »
Well done Newcastle. Glad you're back in the Premier League. Always a bit odd when you're not in the top division. Caulkin at The Times already has Rafa laying down the law about what he needs for next season and beyond. Rafa never changes. Prepare yourselves for an interesting summer if Ashley doesn't give him what he thinks he needs.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #9158 on: April 25, 2017, 09:18:50 am »
Why does this Newcastle player have a tattoo of phil neville ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39699186

Online Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9159 on: April 25, 2017, 09:48:55 am »

Rafa Benitez could not manage in the Championship, says Paul Merson
Sean Lunt @Sean_Lunt
1 year ago

Hahahahhaha well done Rafa and the Toons good to have you back
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?