Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245830 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Cancer
« Reply #80 on: January 8, 2010, 06:33:08 pm »
She passed away today at 15.12. RIP Gloria.xx

Heart goes out to you mate. RIP. x
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #81 on: January 8, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »
 :(

RIP Gloria. You have been put out of your misery and are in a better place. Hope your parents are ok Walshy mate.

Lost my Grandmother 2 years ago on Christmas Day to Stomach Cancer. God bless her!
C'est la vie.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #82 on: January 8, 2010, 06:46:32 pm »
Many condolences Walshy... I hope it wasn't too painful for your sister in the end. I know the time is not right now, but remember to talk about your loss - that'll help you through it. YNWA!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #83 on: January 8, 2010, 06:48:00 pm »
May she rest in peace, sorry for your troubles Walshy mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #84 on: January 8, 2010, 06:49:45 pm »
i lost my grandad to bowel cancer a few years ago.

terrible thing to go through.

RIP.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #85 on: January 8, 2010, 07:10:42 pm »
Many condolences to you and your family Walshy, and RIP Gloria. Watched a friend go through the same thing a couple of years ago, so awful seeing them in that state towards the end. All the best to you.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #86 on: January 8, 2010, 07:24:47 pm »
RIP.... My thoughts to you and yours mate.....
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #87 on: January 8, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »
R.I.P Gloria.

Horrible disease.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: January 8, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »
I lost my dad to cancer in his sinuses almost 5 years ago. His main arterie in the head burst while I was talking to him about taking over the family business and I basicly stood there watching him bleed to death without being able to do shit!  :'( Had me visiting the shrink for the better part of a year after that. He was 56. His mom only got to 59 and died from cancer in the brain that had spread from the bowel.

Has got me a bit paranoid that I might end up the same way before my kids are "old enough" (will they ever be that?) to be able to say goodbye to me... Fucking hate that disease!! :no

Fucking hell mate I cant imagine how you must have felt.

Dont get paranoid though shit like that cant happen to you again, enjoy your life and especially your children the time for you to pay a visit to your God may be many a year away.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #89 on: January 8, 2010, 07:39:35 pm »
My deepest sympathy Walshy.  Rest in peace Gloria. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Melanie.

• Redheads Rule. Redheaded REDS rule MORE. Fact. Vodka-sucking-non-warbling-Dorothy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has red hair
« Reply #90 on: January 8, 2010, 07:44:08 pm »
My deepest sympathy Walshy.  Rest in peace Gloria. 
Can't say much more than this.
to be honest I didn't know the old meaning but having googled, this means the next time someone called me ginger pubes i can go "NO! FIRE_CROTCH"
Me too.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #91 on: January 8, 2010, 07:53:40 pm »
Keep strong, Walshy. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am sure Gloria is in a much better place now.

R.I.P. Gloria

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #92 on: January 8, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »
So sorry for your loss

R.I.P
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline AndrewFitz22

• easily outfoxed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 8, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »
Very sorry to hear of you and your families loss.

Feel for ya lad!

RIP Gloria!

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 8, 2010, 08:44:24 pm »
so sorry about your sister my friend (and so sorry for all the others in this thread whose lives are fucked up cancer) - makes my problems seem like a piece of piss, god how selfish and caught up we can all get eH? Just seen this thread, feel so shallow. Walshy - I dont know you but you are a Liverpool man so you are in my thoughts tonight as is your sister and your mam and dad.  :'(
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #95 on: January 8, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »
Rest In Peace Gloria

Sorry to hear that. Take care mate.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #96 on: January 8, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »
Words are useless at a time like this but for what it's worth my heart goes out to you Walshy.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #97 on: January 8, 2010, 10:26:02 pm »
Sorry to hear this Walshy, I feel for you and your family through this dark moments. May your sister rest in peace now.

Blessings
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #98 on: January 8, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »

Really appreciate all the messages, great community we have here, thanks.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: January 8, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »
Hope you and your family are ok mate. My thoughts are with you all.

RIP Gloria.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 8, 2010, 11:09:59 pm »
So sorry....her pain has all gone now, though you're hurting...peace
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 9, 2010, 12:28:44 am »
So sorry to read this, my thoughts are with you - YNWA

R.I.P. Gloria

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 9, 2010, 01:48:42 am »
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family Walshy.

Hold tight to memories for comfort.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #103 on: January 9, 2010, 03:24:53 am »
In the days, weeks,  months and years that follow, don't focus on the painful and sometimes terrible images of the last few days.

Focus on all the times she made you laugh, smile or just feel good about anything.

My deepest condolences

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 9, 2010, 09:35:12 am »
Fucking hell mate I cant imagine how you must have felt.

Dont get paranoid though shit like that cant happen to you again, enjoy your life and especially your children the time for you to pay a visit to your God may be many a year away.

It was a horrible thing to experience - I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to experience that -  but I find comfort in me being there when he passed so he didn't have to go through it alone. Thats' probably the main reason I've gotten through it with my sanity intact.

That's the way I try to think and I do most of the time. Sometimes however when a certain thing (song, picture etc.) reminds of my dad I have the paranoia coming to me but over the years I've gotten much better at getting rid of the paranoia quickly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 9, 2010, 09:35:48 am »
In the days, weeks,  months and years that follow, don't focus on the painful and sometimes terrible images of the last few days.

Focus on all the times she made you laugh, smile or just feel good about anything.

My deepest condolences

Spot on!!!

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 9, 2010, 09:46:04 am »
Sorry to hear the terrible news.  No words can make you feel better at the moment.

RIP

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #107 on: January 9, 2010, 09:46:27 am »
It was a horrible thing to experience - I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to experience that -  but I find comfort in me being there when he passed so he didn't have to go through it alone. Thats' probably the main reason I've gotten through it with my sanity intact.

That's the way I try to think and I do most of the time. Sometimes however when a certain thing (song, picture etc.) reminds of my dad I have the paranoia coming to me but over the years I've gotten much better at getting rid of the paranoia quickly.

I know what your talking about, my dad died three years ago (that long..?) in April and sometimes it can be something totally un -related that has me thinking about him - latest was Chris Evans biography. He was talking about how much his Mum and Dad loved each other and the next chapter was how his Dad got bowel cancer and he died. Same thing happened to my Dad.

I'll have to go for screenings and stuff when I'm older - but dont focus on that stuff. I like to think of my Dad at his happiest time - either involving the family or the reds. Preferably both - I remember speaking to him the day after the Final in Istanbul. I was in Turkey on a shitty old phone and I could tell he'd had such a great night and was very proud and a bit envious I was in Turkey.

Thats how to remember people who are taken from us with this disease - when they were happy and full of life.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 9, 2010, 09:54:37 am »
Yeah everone, cheers for asking, im ok, found out today though that my older sister has 6 months at best left.

She pretty much raised me

Gutted.

Sorry to hear that Mate, be strong for her as she will need you now more than ever.

I went to a dinner a couple of years ago and the guest speaker was Bob Wilson the ex reporter and Arsenal Goalkeeper. His daughter died of an agressive form of cancer and when she was diagnosed and given a short time to live, she told her mum and dad that she wanted to use what time was left to do things that she always wanted to do, and, more importantly see her friends and family do things they always wanted to do, he broke down at the end as did most in the room.

He has however taken strength from the courage of his daughter and set up the Willow Foundation http://www.willowfoundation.org.uk/Home for people up to the age of 40 who have a terminal illness and has people involved who have been through what you are going through......may be of help bud.

All the best, god bless, you will never walk alone.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2010, 10:06:03 am by fivein05 »
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #109 on: January 9, 2010, 10:14:46 am »
My wife's Aunty has just died of cancer, she had it pretty much everywhere in her body, they told her chemo wouldn't do anything other than make her feel worse it was so far spread.

I just got a phone call this morning from my mother in law to tell my wife to get to the hospital, she was literally walking out the door when we got another call saying she'd just died.

Helen (the wife) is devastated.

RIP Aunty Dot.

Cancer is a c*nts trick.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 9, 2010, 10:38:25 am »
R.I.P.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #111 on: January 9, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »
Sorry to hear that your sister has died. She saw out Christmas, she saw in a new decade, she saw snow and for the short periods of time she was awake, at the end, I'm sure she saw love.

RIP Gloria.

RIP Nan.

RIP Stephen (died at 33 - no age at all)

RIP Mike, Chris' dad (42, I think - again, no age at all)

RIP Lily

To name but a few...

Cancer does mess up so many families, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: January 9, 2010, 12:51:46 pm by Daranoza »
Blank.

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 9, 2010, 01:10:53 pm »
Really sorry to hear this Walshy, my condolences go out to you.

Same happened to a girl I've been seeing lately this morning, her Grandmother has terminal cancer too and they called the family in this morning. Cant imagine what there going through, all you got to do is try to be there.

Really horrible disease cancer ! Makes my stomach turn.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #113 on: January 9, 2010, 01:14:06 pm »
R.I.P.  :'(
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 9, 2010, 01:18:03 pm »
I know what your talking about, my dad died three years ago (that long..?) in April and sometimes it can be something totally un -related that has me thinking about him - latest was Chris Evans biography. He was talking about how much his Mum and Dad loved each other and the next chapter was how his Dad got bowel cancer and he died. Same thing happened to my Dad.

I'll have to go for screenings and stuff when I'm older - but dont focus on that stuff. I like to think of my Dad at his happiest time - either involving the family or the reds. Preferably both - I remember speaking to him the day after the Final in Istanbul. I was in Turkey on a shitty old phone and I could tell he'd had such a great night and was very proud and a bit envious I was in Turkey.

Thats how to remember people who are taken from us with this disease - when they were happy and full of life.

I always think of my dad when I hear an ELO, a Dire Straits or a Toto song. His absolute fave bands. But now I smile when i hear them bands - I didn't at first.

My dad passed on Feb. 4th 2005 3½ months before Istanbul. After we won that night I was gutted for 2 reasons:

1. My dad tought me to love LFC, we shared that for many years and he was not there to see them win it after that comeback!

2. We won it in the way we did - better than any thriller movie I can think of!

I cried my eyes out all alone in my living room that night... :)

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »
Thoughts are with you and your family Walshy xx
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2010, 11:02:18 pm »
Deepest sympathy Walshy
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline bigman1981

• For men
  • Legacy Fan
  • OOT wool - but just can't help loving LFC!
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2010, 10:22:21 am »
Only just re-visited this thread...

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, Walshy.

RIP Gloria
Red Forever!!!!!

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:59 pm »
Thoughts are with you Walshy.

RIP Gloria.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2010, 09:42:41 pm »
So sorry to hear of your loss Walshy.

Wish you all the best in fortitude and support from your loved ones to get through it.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias