Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 330895 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2009, 03:06:09 pm »
Thought it was top, anyone who beats up a Cloke brother is all right by me.

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:26 pm »
Good to see The Aussies werent troubled in tying up the series 2-2 with the Kiwis tonight and even better the money they raised for the bushfires.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:14 pm »
Northern Beaches now, formerly Gladesville. 

Love Balmain.  Well, more specifically The Exchange and the pub crawl...

Best part about Balmain is all the pubs, Monkey Bar, Welcome, Royal Oak, Town Hall... Too many to name.

Love the Northern Beaches though, great area.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" - Oscar Gamble

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2009, 03:02:55 am »
Wondering what to do with your handout?:

Stimulus Package Analysis .......... I like this analysis of the situation! 

Important Information on the Stimulus Payment:

"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

"Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
"A. It is money that the federal government will send to Taxpayers.

"Q. Where will the government get this money?

"A. From taxpayers.

"Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

"A. Only a smidgen.

"Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

"A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

"Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?

"A. Shut up."

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at K-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If you spend it on petrol it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India.

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to South East Asia or New Zealand (unless you buy organic).

If you buy a car it will go to Japan.

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan.

And none of it will help the economy.

We need to keep that money here. You can keep the money here by spending it at garage sales, going to a football game, or spending it on prostitutes, beer, wine or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still here.

G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2009, 09:05:41 am »
Thought it was top, anyone who beats up a Cloke brother is all right by me.

Haha. He belted the wrong Cloke though. Cameron's alright its Travis that is the fuckwit.

In other news, the Socceroos will be donating their match fees for tonight's game against Japan to the bush fire victims. The Japanese will also be collecting donations from the fans.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline historymakers:lfc

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2009, 09:48:40 pm »
just wondering if any of the syd guys know where the best pub is for watching lfc games? been to cheers (great crowd), anywhere else with more people?
LFC - 86 (GD 48)
Mancs - 86 (GD 42)

Mark my words.

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:07 pm »
and it certainly is horrific re the bushfires, can't believe there is some insane idiot who is going around reburning the fires that the people have worked so hard to put out, q/ is it still a natural disaster if it was started by an arsonist?
LFC - 86 (GD 48)
Mancs - 86 (GD 42)

Mark my words.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »
Found some of these great pictures of some of our furry friends during the recent heat wave.
I wish I had one as a pet.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2009, 12:49:11 am »
Great photos Tom - there was one from the Herald-Sun the other day of a CFA fiery pouring a koala some water in the bushfires...great pic.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:05 am »
Great photos Tom - there was one from the Herald-Sun the other day of a CFA fiery pouring a koala some water in the bushfires...great pic.

Yeah Ive seen that one. They did a piece on the firie and the koala on 9 news last night. Apparently the poor Koala badly burnt her hands and feet in the fires but she is now in a shelter and she is being looked after.

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2009, 06:40:22 am »
Sydney based now, Liverpool..

where abouts in livo?
LFC - 86 (GD 48)
Mancs - 86 (GD 42)

Mark my words.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2009, 07:11:21 am »
I thought koala's where aggressive, is this not the case?

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2009, 07:51:49 am »

Depends on the koala - but normally yes they are not all that placid, though when in danger they obviously will accept a bit of human help.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:53:44 am by Dread Breath »
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:59 pm »

She would have been in shock I think.  But yes, they can be grumpy fuckers.  Then again, so would I if eucalyptus leaves were the only thing my body could digest.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »
I really like Koalas, if it weren't for those ugly claws they would be the cutest animals of all. What about kangaroos? Have you guys ever met any?  ;D

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2009, 02:57:25 pm »
I really like Koalas, if it weren't for those ugly claws they would be the cutest animals of all. What about kangaroos? Have you guys ever met any?  ;D

Funny story: was playing in a 'grand final' of an evening golf competition in my home town in rural Australia. Whacked the ball of the tee and smacked it straight into this big buck kangaroo about 80 metres or so down the fairway. It hopped off along the fairway as we approached. Second shot - smacked it into the exact same 'roo which had perched itself about another 80 metres along the fairway from where it had got hit the first time. It just looked at me disdainfully and then hopped off with the other members of its mob.

Well, I guess the story is on the funny side if you are Australian.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2009, 03:58:54 pm »
Funny story: was playing in a 'grand final' of an evening golf competition in my home town in rural Australia. Whacked the ball of the tee and smacked it straight into this big buck kangaroo about 80 metres or so down the fairway. It hopped off along the fairway as we approached. Second shot - smacked it into the exact same 'roo which had perched itself about another 80 metres along the fairway from where it had got hit the first time. It just looked at me disdainfully and then hopped off with the other members of its mob.

Well, I guess the story is on the funny side if you are Australian.

No it's funny also if you're not Australian, you should have taken a video of it :lmao

At least the kangaroo didn't get aggressive ;D I find it so beautiful that you're so close to these kinda animals in Australia. It's really a charming country also for this reason :)

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2009, 01:00:39 am »
A not so funny Kangaroo story.

We live on a farm and have always had sheep and cattle dogs (Kelpie's, Blue Heelers etc).  These dogs herd anything and one day they spotted a mob of kangaroos.  We immediately knew this was trouble and we tried to whistle them back but they were too excited.  They chased the kangaroos for a bit and then you could see one of the big red's think 'fuck this' and it stood, waited until one of the dogs got close and kicked it.  Almost split the dog in two with its claws and just the sheer force of it.

I love see them bounding across our paddocks but happily keep my distance.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2009, 02:25:59 am »
A not so funny Kangaroo story.

We live on a farm and have always had sheep and cattle dogs (Kelpie's, Blue Heelers etc).  These dogs herd anything and one day they spotted a mob of kangaroos.  We immediately knew this was trouble and we tried to whistle them back but they were too excited.  They chased the kangaroos for a bit and then you could see one of the big red's think 'fuck this' and it stood, waited until one of the dogs got close and kicked it.  Almost split the dog in two with its claws and just the sheer force of it.

I love see them bounding across our paddocks but happily keep my distance.

:o Damn. They are angry bastards. One of the worst things to hit with your car though is a wombat. Some of those things are so big and heavy, you could hit one with your car and it would just slowly walk away with your car all fucked up.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2009, 02:41:27 am »
where abouts in livo?

Just bought a place in Hinchinbrook.. was in prestons for a few years.. you?
JFT 96

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2009, 01:10:21 pm »
RIP all those in the bushfires - shocking to think of how many communities have been totally ripped apart.

Amazing to see the relief effort though, so much donated already and people chipping in left right and centre.

Can't say I've fully comprehended the full scale of it. Unbelievable
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2009, 08:04:45 pm »
Completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but did anyone watch the Twenty20 earlier? That catch by Voges was superb. Credit where it's due. Shame, thought NZ had it won.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2009, 10:11:36 pm »
NZ should of had that sewn up. After they hit 20 off Hopes' last over it should of been game over.

Fantastic catch by Voges, him tripping on the boundary rope added a bit of theatre to it.

Great bowling by Nathan Bracken again, surely they have to give him another go in the Test side?

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2009, 11:33:20 pm »
NZ should of had that sewn up. After they hit 20 off Hopes' last over it should of been game over.

Fantastic catch by Voges, him tripping on the boundary rope added a bit of theatre to it.

Great bowling by Nathan Bracken again, surely they have to give him another go in the Test side?

Agree, One day and 20/20 he is awesome.
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2009, 12:07:30 am »
He has been a very solid performer at first class level for a long time. He has had a chance in the Test arena before against India in 2003. He bowled well, without doing much, but he was carrying an injury.

Hopefully he is given another chance. He is a bloody good bowler. The world's best in ODI's. Surely he can translate that into the longer form..

Plus his wife is an absolute minx. Have met them both when he was playing for Balmain CC when I was there, he is about 6 foot 7 and she is about 5 foot nothing.. They look pretty funny standing next to each other.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:09 am »
RIP to all bushfire victims. Are all the fires out now?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2009, 12:44:37 am »
RIP to all bushfire victims. Are all the fires out now?

Not yet.

And some sick freaks are still lighting fires apparently.

To echo the sentiments of one victim who has lost everything, these people should have petrol poured down their throats and then ignited.

They will get whats coming to them soon enough, in this life or the next.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2009, 01:43:24 am »
He has been a very solid performer at first class level for a long time. He has had a chance in the Test arena before against India in 2003. He bowled well, without doing much, but he was carrying an injury.

Hopefully he is given another chance. He is a bloody good bowler. The world's best in ODI's. Surely he can translate that into the longer form..

They wont give him another test chance, and probably right at his age (31). Better off sticking with developing the young bowlers instead of setting their development back a few years by keeping them waiting for Bracken to retire.

He is no doubt the best one day and twenty20 bowler in the world though.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2009, 01:57:26 am »
They wont give him another test chance, and probably right at his age (31). Better off sticking with developing the young bowlers instead of setting their development back a few years by keeping them waiting for Bracken to retire.

He is no doubt the best one day and twenty20 bowler in the world though.

You're right, but I think he deserves another chance.

I was very impressed with Peter Siddle again last night. Hopefully he can continue his good form into the SA test matches.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2009, 02:05:41 am »
Do they still show/make the classics, A Country Practise, Prisoner, Chopper Squad etc..  down there?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 02:20:04 am »
You're right, but I think he deserves another chance.

I was very impressed with Peter Siddle again last night. Hopefully he can continue his good form into the SA test matches.
True, i feel sorry that he wasn't given a go earlier when he still had a test future, he'll just have to go on the list of what ifs along with Stuart MacGill.

By the way, how did Moises Henriques get into last nights team?  ;)

Do they still show/make the classics, A Country Practise, Prisoner, Chopper Squad etc..  down there?
They don't make any of those anymore and only show repeats of A Country Practice at odd times.

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:06 am »
Moises got in there because in 5 years time he will be the best all-rounder in the world.

He has been playing first grade for St. George since he was 16. He is an exceptional talent. I remember playing against him a few years back in a school Twenty20 game and he was just a class above. He nearly took my head off a few times and then he belted me for the biggest six you will ever see.

His selection has absolutley NOTHING to do with the fact that he plays for NSW.... ;)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2009, 02:48:20 am »
Moises got in there because in 5 years time he will be the best all-rounder in the world.

He has been playing first grade for St. George since he was 16. He is an exceptional talent. I remember playing against him a few years back in a school Twenty20 game and he was just a class above. He nearly took my head off a few times and then he belted me for the biggest six you will ever see.

His selection has absolutley NOTHING to do with the fact that he plays for NSW.... ;)
;D
I know mate, I remember when he first got into the NSW team at 18 and took 5/17, he was meant to have a huge future, but really, he hasn't shown it yet at state level due to injury but i was happy he was picked because they are backing his talent. If your playing in the under 19's world cup at 16 then you must be good.

He got butchered by Hopes last night, I personally hope Henriques can replace Hopes in our One Day team soon because i really do not rate Hopes. (jack of all trades, master of none)

Offline TomG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2009, 02:55:54 am »
;D
I know mate, I remember when he first got into the NSW team at 18 and took 5/17, he was meant to have a huge future, but really, he hasn't shown it yet at state level due to injury but i was happy he was picked because they are backing his talent. If your playing in the under 19's world cup at 16 then you must be good.

He got butchered by Hopes last night, I personally hope Henriques can replace Hopes in our One Day team soon because i really do not rate Hopes. (jack of all trades, master of none)

James Hopes was good for us when we had Gilly, Haydos, McGrath playing because we rarely needed him to come in at 4-70 and steady the ship with a solid fifty or hundred. He was good at scoring the 20 not out, keeping the scoreboard ticking over in the final overs. And then chipping in with 6 or 7 overs keeping it tight.

Recently however, we have needed him to really step up the plate and take control of the game. I dont think he has it in him to be honest.

I want Henriques in the team but I dont think he is ready. He is the kind of player who can be a world beater but he isnt there yet.

I think he needs one more season playing for NSW. Hopefully he can step up and dominate the domestic scene (we all know he is capable of doing it). He should be ready for the WC in 2011.

What's your view of Callum Ferguson? I hadn't really seen too much of him before but his innings against NZ on Friday was sublime. He looks to have the goods. He was looking pretty comfortable last night too, just got done by a corker.

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2009, 06:47:32 am »

Unfortunately they don't, Prisoner was class, although i have never seen so many mingers in one room. I still have nightmares about Bee Smith.
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2009, 07:06:49 am »
Totally agree with you about Hopes, we could get by with him when our team was really strong but we cant afford any passengers now. I know its too early for Henriques but i think Symonds should come back, only for the one day team, because he can role the arm over, is a great one day bat, and brings a presence to the fielding side that is hard to replace.

Ferguson played a really classy innings the other day. Looked the real deal. Similar to a Hussey innings, smashed it without slogging it. He is also lightening between the stumps and looked confident in the field and with the team. You know my opinion on the number 6 test position and it would be perfect if Ferguson could be handed the number 6 spot with a view of being a future top order player. Instead they will probably play Ronald MacDonald (jack of all trades, master of none).

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 07:19:30 am »
A bit late for Valentines but hey ho!

AN AUSTRALIAN VALENTINE LOVE POEM

Of course I love ya darling
                     You're a bloody top notch bird
                     And when I say you're gorgeous
                        I mean every single word

So ya bum is on the big side
                       I don't mind a bit of flab
                      It means that when I'm ready
                     There's somethin' there to grab

So your belly isn't flat no more
                         I tell ya, I don't care
                       So long as when I cuddle ya
                      I can get my arms round there

No sheila who is your age
                      Has nice round perky breasts
                      They just gave in to gravity
                        But I know ya did ya best

I'm tellin ya the truth now
                          I never tell ya lies
                          I think its very sexy
                  That you've got dimples on ya thighs

I swear on me nanna's grave now
                         The moment that we met
                      I thought u was as good as I
                           Was ever gonna get

No matter wot u look like
                        I'll always love ya dear
                    Now shut up while the footy's on
                         And fetch another beer!

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2009, 07:40:20 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTwAoFR4DuM&feature=related

They just did an entire episode on Australian women tonight

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2009, 08:52:10 am »
Death toll now up to 189. Bastards who started these fires should be burnt alive the c*nts.

Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2009, 09:33:12 am »
I see the Greeks are now influencing the natives, the lad in the middle is a good mover though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-MucVWo-Pw