Author Topic: Curry Thread  (Read 66569 times)

Offline GlentoranMark

• Gin thief.... watch it or it’s gone and the real 'Nasty Pastie' to boot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Re: Curry Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2007, 07:18:49 pm »
Jalfrezi which i've requested not to be mild, err two others and a phal.

Surprise surprise  ;D

About to order a few of these myself!
S*******s Is A 'Nasty Pastie'

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2007, 07:21:56 pm »
Surprise surprise  ;D

About to order a few of these myself!

Only ever had one other meal in Shapla.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline GlentoranMark

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2007, 09:33:59 pm »
There is a distinct lack of decent Curry Houses in Northern Ireland, nothing compared to England.  Thankfully a decent one has opened up very close to me, 3 minutes drive down the road, so Im now a regular.  Being a typical N.Irish boy I was brought up on my potatoes, but I broke the mould a few years back and havent looked back - enough ale in me and ill try anything now!

Anyway must try a Jalfrezi one of these days......

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2007, 09:51:36 pm »
Jalfrezi which i've requested not to be mild, err two others and a phal.

Dont worry about adding a little more water than the pack suggests if you find it a bit too dry.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2007, 10:10:06 pm »
There is a distinct lack of decent Curry Houses in Northern Ireland, nothing compared to England.  Thankfully a decent one has opened up very close to me, 3 minutes drive down the road, so Im now a regular.  Being a typical N.Irish boy I was brought up on my potatoes, but I broke the mould a few years back and havent looked back - enough ale in me and ill try anything now!

Anyway must try a Jalfrezi one of these days......

Huyton Phil recommends them...

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »
Being a typical N.Irish boy I was brought up on my potatoes, but I broke the mould a few years back and havent looked back - enough ale in me and ill try anything now!

get back to your roots.....with a bit of spice

Bombay Aloo 

Serves:

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes.

Cooking Time: 
30 minutes.

Ingredients: 
  2 tbsp-olive oil   
  ˝ tsp-mustard seeds 
  1 tsp- cumin seeds   
  2 medium onions - finely chopped   
  salt to taste   
  ˝ tsp turmeric powder 
  ˝ tsp chilli powder 
  ˝ tsp-fenugreek leaves   
  ˝ tsp-garam masala 
  5 potatoes- diced   
  fresh coriander to garnish   

Instructions: 
1. Start with heating the oil in a non-stick saucepan, add your mustard seeds and sizzle until they start popping, add the cumin seeds and fry for 20 seconds.

2. Add your onions and salt, cook until the onions are transparent ( approx 5 mins). Add your dry spices, turmeric, chilli, fenugreek and garam masala and cook for a further 2 mins, or until the spices are golden in colour.

3. Add you potatoes and cover with tight lid, cook until the potatoes are soft.

Garnish with a generous handful of coriander and enjoy!

Serving ideas: 

Serve with Fresh Naan breads, freshly made chappatis, or buttered pitta breads.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2007, 10:55:43 pm »
Huyton Phil recommends them...

;D

"I can't eat that"

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2007, 11:26:51 pm »
;D

"I can't eat that"

He's a fucking wuss. AJ did quite well that night.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2007, 01:13:19 am »
Looking forward to that.  :lickin

I do hope they throughly washed the chicken first
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline esselle

• Anny Roader
  • we all live in a red and white kop
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2007, 12:38:52 pm »
get back to your roots.....with a bit of spice

Bombay Aloo 

Serves:

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes.

Cooking Time: 
30 minutes.

Ingredients: 
  2 tbsp-olive oil  
  ˝ tsp-mustard seeds 
  1 tsp- cumin seeds  
  2 medium onions - finely chopped  
  salt to taste  
  ˝ tsp turmeric powder 
  ˝ tsp chilli powder 
  ˝ tsp-fenugreek leaves  
  ˝ tsp-garam masala 
  5 potatoes- diced  
  fresh coriander to garnish   

Instructions: 
1. Start with heating the oil in a non-stick saucepan, add your mustard seeds and sizzle until they start popping, add the cumin seeds and fry for 20 seconds.

2. Add your onions and salt, cook until the onions are transparent ( approx 5 mins). Add your dry spices, turmeric, chilli, fenugreek and garam masala and cook for a further 2 mins, or until the spices are golden in colour.

3. Add you potatoes and cover with tight lid, cook until the potatoes are soft.

Garnish with a generous handful of coriander and enjoy!

Serving ideas: 

Serve with Fresh Naan breads, freshly made chappatis, or buttered pitta breads.

looks nice ...will try that tonight cheers

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2007, 08:27:14 pm »
I was going to have chinese tonight but might go for curry instead. My favourite at the moment is chicken jalfrezi, with pilau rice, a plain naan and a keema naan, bombay potato and maybe a spot of cauliflower bhaji.
Poppadoms and samosas or chicken chat to start.
Legacy fan

Helly

« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2007, 08:31:20 pm »
0151 431 1313 - Shere Khan Express Takeaway Prescot.  Nothing more required.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2007, 08:31:35 pm »
looks nice ...will try that tonight cheers

Report back mate

Fancy a shot at that also

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2007, 09:30:42 pm »
0151 431 1313 - Shere Khan Express Takeaway Prescot.  Nothing more required.

*Pedantic mode*

What about the menu?

:D
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Peter_Evo

• King of the Vegetables (though not salads).
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the Sun. Sullies the memories of the 96
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2007, 11:54:14 pm »
Fuck all that, I just go into my local curry house , give the guy Ł30 and tell him to fill a carrier bag with loads of hot curries and rice to go with them all. Usually end up with chicken phal, chicken vindaloo, Balti chicken and a chicken madras (he knows I like chicken you see) four lots of pilau rice and usually a couple of nans and a load of those big crisps things thrown in for free. Get a lift home off him as well.
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2007, 12:04:45 am »
Fuck all that, I just go into my local curry house , give the guy Ł30 and tell him to fill a carrier bag with loads of hot curries and rice to go with them all. Usually end up with chicken phal, chicken vindaloo, Balti chicken and a chicken madras (he knows I like chicken you see) four lots of pilau rice and usually a couple of nans and a load of those big crisps things thrown in for free. Get a lift home off him as well.

If you are referring to the curry house we went to after United away then that chicken phal is the hottest thing I have ever eaten in my fucking life. Fucking lovely though.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline Peter_Evo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2007, 12:34:16 am »
If you are referring to the curry house we went to after United away then that chicken phal is the hottest thing I have ever eaten in my fucking life. Fucking lovely though.

That's the one Josh!
96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun said Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Liverpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN!

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2007, 12:37:38 am »
Got me hungry now.

I might have to see what sort of curry can be conjured up in Birmingham this weekend.

Offline Peter_Evo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2007, 12:44:56 am »
Are you into curry?  do you have any sneaky little recipes you would like to share?  I've been into curry for years now and quite into the blending of various spices and making my own pastes.  Do you have any little secret concoctions or recipes for cheeky little side dishes that you are prepared to share?

I must admit over the past two years I was provided with a contact that sends a basic curry paste (various recipes i.e. Phal, Madras, Jalfrezi etc) and it's turned me into a right lazy twat (Rafi Spice Box, under four notes for a curry that feeds four and available over the net).  I've even held dinner parties with the minimal of fuss on my part thanks to Rafi.  This all sounds like an advertisement, it's not meant to.  What I'm after is your own secret recipes or contacts for spices, blends, or idiosyncrosies that adds that little ole je ne sais qua to your curry nights.     

You on a cut from Rafi Terry? One look at that site and I had to order four of the wonderful looking packs. I'm sure many others have done the same. If I like what I get I'll be ordering a lot more. Look like really easy to make curries. Is it really as simple as adding water or in some cases a tin or two of chopped tomatoes, bash in your raw chicken or whatever and simmer the whole mix until meat is cooked?  How do Rafi's curry packs differ from the likes of Patak pastes which although I always found very nice were sometimes a little bit too gritty? Maybe it was me not cooking it properly.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2007, 12:47:19 am »
pete, when you gonna cook for me and Jon ;D
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2007, 12:49:22 am »
What is the address of this site? I have googled Rafi Terry to no avail.

Found it.

Looks excellent, deffo ordering about 9 of those phals. ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:53:10 am by Joshytoohotty »

Offline GlentoranMark

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2007, 12:54:12 am »
Ordered a few off Rafi, await with anticipation their arrival!

I think I shall be going for a curry after my match tomorrow and before I go out tomorrow night.  Curry houses he very rarely stay open past 11, so its normally a kebab on the wya home (though im driving)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2007, 01:19:21 am »
My missus is knocking up a cheeky little chicken madras as we speak for the arrival of Terry De Niro tomorrow.  You must make make them the day before to enable all the spices to combine.

Don't worry Terence I've put a toilet roll in the fridge for ya!
and absolutely fecking marvellous it was, too. Raul would definitely approve.    :lickin

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2007, 12:21:18 pm »
and absolutely fecking marvellous it was, too. Raul would definitely approve.    :lickin

You are on about the curry and not the toilet roll right?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline esselle

• Anny Roader
  • we all live in a red and white kop
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2007, 03:03:30 pm »
Report back mate

Fancy a shot at that also

awesome mate ...i highly recommend it...will be having it again tomorrow...little tip for you dont have your face anywhere near when you put the spices in the smell is superb but really gets in the back of your throat

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2007, 10:36:34 pm »
I wish i'd have sussed this out with Rafi before recommending their site.  How did everyone get on with it?  Evo, sorry mate I've been away for a week skiing in France and just got your messages, I hope it all turned out mate.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2007, 10:38:28 pm »
Did a jalfrezi lat week and had one portion and pretty nice. Needs more heat though, might stick some more chillies in it.

Offline Peter_Evo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2007, 09:48:38 pm »
Mate, that was the best thing ever! Absolutely fuckin gorgeous. You're right, it just CANNOT be fucked up. What are the aniseed tasing things in the vindaloo look like starfish?

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2007, 09:53:42 pm »
Mate, that was the best thing ever! Absolutely fuckin gorgeous. You're right, it just CANNOT be fucked up. What are the aniseed tasing things in the vindaloo look like starfish?

Star anise mate, get with the fuckin' spice programme.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2007, 12:26:41 am »
Just had some Naan bread thing from Tesco that's like a Pizza. Wasn't spicey at all, but it was better than Pizza.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2007, 07:37:59 am »
Congratulations.  You are the first person in the world to have eaten arsehole vindaloo.
Just had some Naan bread thing from Tesco that's like a Pizza. Wasn't spicey at all, but it was better than Pizza.
Would you say "Bap bread" or "Baguette bread"  or "Ciabattta bread"? 

No.  Then why "Naan bread"?  Unless you like saying the same word twice.  It's a Naan, plain and simple.

I blame the Bangladeshis.

Helly

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2007, 08:20:11 am »

Sounds good, might have to try that. Name etc?
Oh and Raul ;D

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2007, 09:29:21 am »
Would you say "Bap bread" or "Baguette bread"  or "Ciabattta bread"? 

No.  Then why "Naan bread"?  Unless you like saying the same word twice.  It's a Naan, plain and simple.

Ignorant racist :D

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2007, 10:07:57 am »
Congratulations.  You are the first person in the world to have eaten arsehole vindaloo.Would you say "Bap bread" or "Baguette bread"  or "Ciabattta bread"? 

That's what it says on the box.

Blame Tesco.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:59 am »
That's what it says on the box.

Blame Tesco.
I can see that you are falling into the trap of blaming Everton for everything.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2007, 06:43:43 pm »
I have just had a Tesco Finest bottle of Jalfrezi which was poured over a sumptuous amount of chicken.

It was very nice. I would recommend it.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2007, 06:47:31 pm »

I blame them too. For EVERYTHING. Good for nothings, couldn't even do us a favour at the CWC.

We Indians and Punjabi's should stick together when it comes to berating them.
JFT97

Offline stewartw

• Toot toot to you two too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2007, 07:08:10 pm »
just about to embark in a home made Madras..

mmmmmmm

its gonna be   :o :o :o :o
That girl playing no 11 is quality, who she?  That's my daughter and she doesn't want to play for Macclesfield town girls!!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2007, 07:13:05 pm »
I have just had a Tesco Finest bottle of Jalfrezi which was poured over a sumptuous amount of chicken.

It was very nice. I would recommend it.
Im with you Phil

Tesco's own Balti sauce beats the shit out of Pataks,Sharwoods and Lloyd gimp Grossman's efforts.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2007, 07:37:09 pm »
Just had a Bombay bad boy pot noodle

How many onions does one need to make one at home ?? ;)
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"