Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 467240 times)

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
Re: Top Gear
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2007, 10:10:42 pm »
Yer it was.

actually am starting to lose interest, in what was my fav show, because week-in and week-out I get the feeling that everything they do is scripted, I mean take today's show for example, when Hammond run in to the car behind him with his track, I mean you either have to be blind or extremely stupid to do such thing. there were countless other examples I could give you. they need to get back to basics.

ah so have you reversed a tractor with trailor before

know what you mean about the scripting but still bloody funny

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:02 pm »
The first 15 minutes of the show had me in pieces - especially the news.

"You'd be the same if Graham Norton was coming" was ridiculously funny. And Clarkson muttering under his breath, "I will actually die laughing if he falls in", when Hammond was going over the bridge in the tractor.

Thought tonight's episode was really good.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2007, 11:29:32 pm »
They won't change the overall format of Top Gear until they start to see ratings flag.  No need to change a formula that has worked very well over the last few years.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2007, 03:51:23 pm »
I thought it was grand, had me in fuckin' stiches a few times.

Me and my housemates too

Though how much longer can they keep getting away with damaging England

Badly re-laying a piece of road, blowing a hole in the northeast somewhere, blowing up a field in Yorkshire etc

Ive been in stitches the last few weeks though, especially that America episode, it was hilarious
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2007, 05:45:07 pm »
Of course its scripted. But so what? Its a tv show. And its pretty well scripted and funnier than many so-called 'comedy' programmes on tv imo.

Still got plenty of life in it I reckon though Clarkson is becoming steadily more obnoxiously true to Tory form in his Sunday Times column.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline FTW

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2007, 01:16:40 pm »
If anyone has a video iPod or the like, you can download the Top Gear USA episode here:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7646503767203458330

On the right, change the drop-down menu to PSP/Ipod format, and download.

Not sure if this is any use to anyone, but it's nice to have a whole episode of Top Gear to watch at work etc. :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2007, 02:26:13 pm »
Brilliant! Thanks FTW.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:16 pm »
Apparently they drop some "celebrities" of at the brits 2007, according to the very knowledgable source that is my Mother.

They do, one of them is Chris Moyles and he announced it on his show the day after the Brits

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:08 pm »
It's a top show because it annoys women and beardys so much :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2007, 09:40:20 pm »
They do, one of them is Chris Moyles and he announced it on his show the day after the Brits

He's doing the laps on Sunday isn't he. Should be funny.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2007, 05:06:54 pm »
Who is well spoken man from the celeb lap times?

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2007, 05:28:02 pm »
Who is well spoken man from the celeb lap times?

James Hewitt. He turned up when they got the new car and nobody knew who he was. Or something like that.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2007, 07:14:47 pm »
No repeat this week.  :(
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2007, 07:15:50 pm »
Next week is also the last episode in this current series.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2007, 07:21:54 pm »
No repeat this week.  :(

Top Gear
7:00pm - 8:00pm
BBC2 North West
   VIDEO Plus+: 7771
Repeat, subtitles, widescreen

Motoring magazine show with Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. This week they go all rural as they harness a group of high-tech tractors and attempt to grow their own petrol. Meanwhile, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 dances with the devil on the test track and Kristin Scott-Thomas is the star in a reasonably priced car.

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2007, 07:36:19 pm »
Is that a combination of James drinking wine in France and Richard's crash? Have either of them done a piece where they simply drive and describe a car this series? I think it's only been group 'activities' and Jeremy driving the fast cars on the track so far.
@_michaelgill

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2007, 07:41:18 pm »
He's doing the laps on Sunday isn't he. Should be funny.

Why, he's never been funny before?

I suppose it might be funny when clarkson wipes the floor with him, in much the same way a drunk 18 year old girl did the other day...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2007, 07:43:33 pm »
Oh god, Clarkson and Moyles on screen at the same time? I'm going to stop reading this thread, it either spoils the good surprises (though I skip Gareth's posts) or makes me dread things like this.

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2007, 07:46:36 pm »
I think Moyles is only getting a lift to the Brits, Billie Piper is the star in the car according to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

@_michaelgill

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2007, 08:07:23 pm »
Why, he's never been funny before?

I suppose it might be funny when clarkson wipes the floor with him, in much the same way a drunk 18 year old girl did the other day...

No, in your opinion he's never been funny before. So you probably won't find him funny on Sunday. I, on the other hand, listen to his show in the mornings and think he's quite entertaining, although I can see why people don't like him.

I think Moyles is only getting a lift to the Brits, Billie Piper is the star in the car according to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

Ah right.

What?! There have been like 4 episodes so far, and one was the US one which hardly counts... maybe the big delay ruined the scheduling and they need to make way for other shows?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2007, 08:10:37 pm »

where you hear that, gutted if true, i thought they had the run in till easter

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2007, 08:25:59 pm »
What?! There have been like 4 episodes so far, and one was the US one which hardly counts... maybe the big delay ruined the scheduling and they need to make way for other shows?

5 so far, there was only ever going to be 6. Of course it should be back in the spring as it normally is then the autumn (given this the the autumn series). Although I imagine the next one won't be till Autumn, who knows.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2007, 09:14:21 pm »
5 so far, there was only ever going to be 6. Of course it should be back in the spring as it normally is then the autumn (given this the the autumn series). Although I imagine the next one won't be till Autumn, who knows.

Didn't know there would be 6. Hopefully they'll have the Spring one on, can't be arsed to wait till Autumn now!

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:44 pm »
No, in your opinion he's never been funny before. So you probably won't find him funny on Sunday. I, on the other hand, listen to his show in the mornings and think he's quite entertaining, although I can see why people don't like him.

Yeah - I'm forced to listen to him in work. The minutes fly by in the morning with car park bastard catchpphrase, and 5 minutes of completely dead radio listening to "let's get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
ll
llll
ll
llll
ll
ll
l

etc.

Followed by another "hilarious" 10 minutes of hearing Jo Wiley on a roller coaster.

Followed by a piss poor karaoke version of "Ruby". Which was already shit.

I'm seriously considering earplugs. Or deafness.

Fortunately, I'm the admin for our gateway in work, so can at least entertain myself by remotely disconnecting the broadband for the entire office (and hence killing the stream) from my desk whenever it annoys me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:19:35 pm by nidgemo 3.11 »
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 1, 2007, 12:05:33 am »
Yeah - I'm forced to listen to him in work. The minutes fly by in the morning with car park bastard catchpphrase, and 5 minutes of completely dead radio listening to "let's get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
ll
llll
ll
llll
ll
ll
l

etc.

Followed by another "hilarious" 10 minutes of hearing Jo Wiley on a roller coaster.

Followed by a piss poor karaoke version of "Ruby". Which was already shit.

I'm seriously considering earplugs. Or deafness.

Fortunately, I'm the admin for our gateway in work, so can at least entertain myself by remotely disconnecting the broadband for the entire office (and hence killing the stream) from my desk whenever it annoys me.

Fair enough. When I get the chance to listen to the show that late (ie when I'm not in school in the morning) I find it a bit crap myself (unless they've got something good to talk about), but I find it entertaining when listening to it a bit earlier.

Also, the banter's quite funny at times- one's an Everton fan, another a Red and there's also a Chelsea supporter. The morning after the Champions League win was brilliant (especially with the montage of the goals, and the playing of YNWA)  :D

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #225 on: March 1, 2007, 07:47:28 pm »
 This Week's Show
Tearful acceptance speeches, backstage fights and the occasional 'wardrobe malfunction'... yes, the awards season is definitely upon us.

And what better way to celebrate than by building three stretch limos from everyday cars? In the last episode of this series, Richard, Jeremy and James set out to provide a classier alternative to the drug dealer-ferrying, chav-infested stretchers currently on the market.

After resolving a few minor handling issues - and shooting James in the testicles - the boys head to the Brit Awards to hold up traffic and irritate celebrities.

Mustang Savvy...

The Ford Mustang has been a modifiers' favourite since its introduction 42 years ago. And no one does that modifying better than Shelby.

America's most famous tuner has just released a 500bhp of the new Mustang. Given our documented love of all things Stateside, it seemed like a good excuse to crank up the Springsteen and take to the track for some serious tyre-burning action and a gratuitous history lesson on American muscle.

Because she wants to...

She's used to snuggling down with David Tennant in the Tardis, so squeezing next to the Stig in Our Reasonably Priced Car was no problem for Billie Piper.

The star of Doctor Who and former Mrs Chris Evans puts in a few laps in our Chevrolet Lacetti and discusses beer bellies and teen fame with Jeremy.

And now for the news...

In the news this week: Richard meets Tony Blair and completely fails to punch him, Jeremy gets very excited about the replacement for the Vauxhall Monaro, and James does his best to defend the soporific Audi R8.

The last episode in the current series of Top Gear airs this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #226 on: March 1, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
I felt so depressed & old just now to pass a  student bar near my house where someone's spent ages drawing a big caricature of one of the arseholes off this show, you know that stuff they paint on bar windows with, with a big sign saying 'Top Gear Big Screen Sunday'.

Top Gear ?? Big Screen ?? When I was a student that would have been the sort of programme for two specky wankers with no life to watch quietly on their little tellies in their rooms (and they would have been the only ones who had tellies in their rooms too, bah humbug, moan, grouch)

Fuck me, that is ball-achingly depressing. Students idealizing C***son? Whatever happened to Che Guevera and all those lads? We're fucked.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 1, 2007, 08:48:18 pm »
Fuck me, that is ball-achingly depressing. Students idealizing C***son? Whatever happened to Che Guevera and all those lads? We're fucked.

Damn, I'd already deleted my post 'cos I had second thoughts about how I always come across as an arl grouch on here, but since you've preserved it in your reply, well...

It was in fact a very bad (though clearly very painstaking ) caricature of the the other one, you know the bloke, the one who crashed, the new Princess Diana.

Offline Melanie.

• Redheads Rule. Redheaded REDS rule MORE. Fact. Vodka-sucking-non-warbling-Dorothy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has red hair
« Reply #228 on: March 1, 2007, 08:50:37 pm »
Think you are missing the point of Top Gear.

If you have an internet though you can always complain about it.
If people don't understand what torque is, must we really dumb down so that thick fucks 'get it'?
 ::)
to be honest I didn't know the old meaning but having googled, this means the next time someone called me ginger pubes i can go "NO! FIRE_CROTCH"
Me too.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 1, 2007, 10:02:18 pm »
Missed that so who's the reds fan?

Dominic the newsreader.

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #230 on: March 2, 2007, 01:32:28 am »
Dominic the newsreader.

You mean Fan as in couldnt name five players out of the squad, that type of fan. 
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 2, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »
You mean Fan as in couldnt name five players out of the squad, that type of fan. 

I don't know, don't really care either. Just said I thought the banter was funny at times- for example the Everton supporter was singing the Peter Crouch song a couple of days ago  ???

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #232 on: March 4, 2007, 06:44:37 pm »
dont miss it tonight, should be a goodun

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #233 on: March 4, 2007, 07:10:29 pm »
I wont!
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Okkervil

• Smells... love me love my gas
  • Legacy Fan
    • Support The Retired Greyhound Trust.
« Reply #234 on: March 4, 2007, 07:22:59 pm »
Going to watch it before going to work. On nights tonight!
To make men Socialists is nothing, but to make Socialism human is a great thing. - Oscar Wilde

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #235 on: March 4, 2007, 07:42:35 pm »
Last show in the series?! :(

Should have 260 per series

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #236 on: March 4, 2007, 07:51:18 pm »
Last show in the series?! :(

Should have 260 per series

I agree.
It doesn't make sense, the BBC knows it's on to a winner, massive ratings,
even UKTV G2 gets huge figures watching the repeats (including myself)
so I don't understand why they don't make longer series.
Maybe it's due to Clarkson & co.'s other commitments or the fact that
each programme is costing so much to make and they can only afford
to produce a certain amount of programmes before going over budget?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #237 on: March 4, 2007, 08:01:41 pm »
It's on!!! It's on!!! It's on!!! It's on!!!

YES!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #238 on: March 4, 2007, 08:02:04 pm »
Fuck me - making a Limo out of a Fiat 127

:D :D

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #239 on: March 4, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »
Fuck me, Clarkson's off already.

"What amazes me about this car, is that it doesn't have an engine, instead it has a gerbil called Gerald..."

:lmao