Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256024 times)

Offline byrnetred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are men of Shankly's best...
Re: mingebags
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2006, 02:24:07 pm »
What are you going to do with 10p though, lash it at some emo on the other side of the road.
youd love that...
...i miss my scouse accent...

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2006, 02:33:06 pm »
What are you going to do with 10p though, lash it at some emo on the other side of the road.

nothing, just for the principle.

anyway I don't mind as i never use my free minutes up or my free texts, so its not like i actually need them.

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2006, 02:41:46 pm »
Pizza place near mine which has good deals but Monday to Thursday only so instead of paying the few £ extra on Friday my mate always orders on the Thursday and puts it in the oven for a bit on Friday

Offline rafared83

• cAPTAIN cAPSLOCK
  • Anny Roader
  • THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2006, 03:03:57 pm »
Theres a fat c*nt by mine on kenny horrible bum . wears the same clothes 4 days , drinks ppls drinks when theve gone toliet constantly bumming ciggies off ppl . wen he gets a takeaway he dissapears so no one can ask for a chip.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2006, 03:10:22 pm »
Theres a fat c*nt by mine on kenny horrible bum . wears the same clothes 4 days , drinks ppls drinks when theve gone toliet constantly bumming ciggies off ppl . wen he gets a takeaway he dissapears so no one can ask for a chip.

It's you isn't it ;)

Offline Lee-Block105

• Still refuses to sleep with the moderators to get a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 14
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2006, 03:41:54 pm »
One of the lads tried to tap me for a 90 pence booking fee on saturday for the Sheff United Ticket, told him to fuck off cos he owed me about £15 sov's worth from last season  :)
Ticket Exchange Trade Count 300+

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2006, 05:06:29 pm »
Cracking thread! :D
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2006, 05:19:53 pm »
My mate who tried to charge me bus and train fare when he went up and got tickets for the Liverpool match. You were already fucking going you gobshite.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2006, 05:23:44 pm »
When my mate goes to visit his girlfriend's parents (about 40 miles), he charges her half the petrol costs. And he's fuckin proud of it. I could get into about 4 million stories about the same bloke, but the thread is getting long already
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2006, 12:25:23 pm »
When my mate goes to visit his girlfriend's parents (about 40 miles), he charges her half the petrol costs. And he's fuckin proud of it. I could get into about 4 million stories about the same bloke, but the thread is getting long already

Don't think it could ever be too long, let's hear them
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline byrnetred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are men of Shankly's best...
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2006, 12:41:07 pm »
what a cheap fucker...he probably goes halves on the condoms as well...maybe charge her alittle bit extra for ribbed...
...i miss my scouse accent...

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
Friend of mines brother nicks toilet roll from restaurants etc, for use in his own home, ;-)
Absolutely shocking. Last year, she reckons he took about 15 from Reading Festival and hid them in the boot of his car.

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2006, 01:42:06 pm »
"Two pound please."

"You're so fucking petty."

"Two pound please."

"But I need to iron my top."

"Two pound please."

"Fuck off Neil."

"Two pound please." 

Tight bitch ;D

:lmao So what happened? Did she pay up in the end?

"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2006, 01:53:27 pm »
Few years ago my mate hit me with one of the mingiest things I've ever heard in person

We were getting ready to go to the cinema to watch Lord of the rings so we decided to get a bag of skunk to make the film that extra bit enjoyable (as you do....)

He phones me, " Right, you buy the weed, and I'll get the fags and fag papers"

The thing is he was 100% for real, cheeky wee bastard
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:10 pm »
Few years ago my mate hit me with one of the mingiest things I've ever heard in person

We were getting ready to go to the cinema to watch Lord of the rings so we decided to get a bag of skunk to make the film that extra bit enjoyable (as you do....)

He phones me, " Right, you buy the weed, and I'll get the fags and fag papers"

The thing is he was 100% for real, cheeky wee bastard

You should of been arrested

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2006, 01:59:19 pm »
You should of been arrested

Maybe, but it would hardly have been drug bust of the century
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »
Maybe, but it would hardly have been drug bust of the century

Yes but drugs are bad

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »
Yes but drugs are bad

I now know they are, this was 2 years ago

@rednich85

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2006, 02:08:53 pm »
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2006, 02:09:13 pm »
What about blokes that bring their missus out with them and drink with the lads, she drinks vodka and coke and everyone ends up buying her one on their round. She of course doesn't get a single round in. Free drinks all night, tight twats.

Used to go for a meal with a few couples when I was with my ex, we would all order and without fail one of my mates partners would always pick the most expensive thing on the menu, starter, main and dessert all expensive. it started off as a joke but as he would only chip a third we worked out it cost us close on 20 extra (10 each) to feed his missus. In the end we stopped it by all ordering the same as her and after that they always seemed to be busy.

Had a 'mate' (owns a double glazing company) and he was always last in the pub and shy of getting a round. He would wait until the end of the night and then ask each and every person if they were sure they wanted a drink. We started a kitty and he stopped coming out.

I heard of a person that was so tight they used to boil eggs in the kettle.

went on a lads trip to Amsterdam and discovered one lad with a mingebag, he was the kitty holder as well. Thief would be a  better word though. It was only when the kitty was empty a little later that we found out he had been living off our beer kitty for all his extra food etc.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 02:19:09 pm by DaveLFC »
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2006, 03:01:46 pm »
nothing, just for the principle.

anyway I don't mind as i never use my free minutes up or my free texts, so its not like i actually need them.
get a new contract then ;)
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2006, 03:32:37 pm »
get a new contract then ;)

if i cancel it now, i still got it for a month, then it runs out anyway.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2006, 03:40:57 pm »
:lmao So what happened? Did she pay up in the end?

No she just went out looking a state like normal! Never tried using the iron again when I was about though...

Talking of mingebags my brother is a right tight bastard - he'll do anything to save a few coppers.

One time he came to stay with me for a weekend, he was at university in Manchester. I was taking him to a game, I can’t remember which one although it might have been the Arsenal tie where Mellor scored that cracker at the end. It was a Saturday fixture I think, a couple of years ago.

Anyway he turns up at Lime Street, I went and met him and I shouted him his ticket on the bus as you do. We got home and I got us some dinner together, we watched a bit of TV and then the next day we went the game. He’s doing the poor student routine, which is fair enough because I was earning a bit of cash by this point so I didn’t mind paying – he’s my brother after all.

I got him a few beers, something to eat at half time and paid for the bus back to mine etc. Then we went out with a few mates and I got most the drinks in again – him saying he would love to but he’s so skint what with rent, fees, books and all that. The next day, Sunday, I was off to work, so we stopped at McNasty’s and I bought us something to eat before he set off home.

So Sunday night I’m having my usual rundown of the football with my dad, talking about all the Liverpool developments since we’ve last spoke to each other. Great wjhen we've won, cathartic after a defeat. He asks after my brother, who had been staying at their place before he came to mine. I’m saying what a great time we had, although my finances had taken a bit of a battering paying for both of us all weekend… tickets, food, beers a good £150 I reckon. Just a throwaway comment.

“What?” my dad says. “Did he not get some beers in with that £50 I gave him?”  :o

Cheeky fucker. Spent it on some new jeans when he got back to Manchester.

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2006, 12:08:39 am »
No she just went out looking a state like normal! Never tried using the iron again when I was about though...

Well done ;D

Hehe and yeah that was pretty clever of your brother there! ;)

"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline BlahBlah

• Kopite
  • Istanbul-head
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2006, 10:10:30 am »
“What?” my dad says. “Did he not get some beers in with that £50 I gave him?”  :o

Cheeky fucker. Spent it on some new jeans when he got back to Manchester.

Haha.. think thats fair game to play on ya family, good on him...

You'll learn.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2006, 10:23:47 am »
That makes you a grass Neil. Shame on you :D

Offline Matt R

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2006, 10:35:40 am »
A woman my wife works with is proud of her mingebaggery and is constantly telling us of ways to save a few quid.

Our son wasn't going to bed well, so she told us that when her kids were little, she had this pretend bed thing that her kids put their teddy to bed in, read it stories etc to get the sprog used to the bed time routine. Worked for her, so we thought we'd give it a go.  She says 'I'll bring the bed thing over cos our kids aren't ever going to use it.'  Turns up at the door with this scratty little thing made out of chipboard, hands it over.  I say thanks and take it off her and she goes 'I reckon a fivers about right!'  Cheeky mare! I could have used a fucking shoebox!

Her ultimate though is that her kids have Guinea Pigs.  Every couple of days, her friendly neighbour leaves some lettuce leaves that they aren't using on the back step for the pets.  Every couple of days she takes them in, washes them and sticks them in her fucking salad and the kids sandwiches. 

And the thing is, she happily relates these stories to my wife on the way to work, genuinely amazed that everybody else isn't doing it.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2006, 10:40:10 am »
Her ultimate though is that her kids have Guinea Pigs.  Every couple of days, her friendly neighbour leaves some lettuce leaves that they aren't using on the back step for the pets.  Every couple of days she takes them in, washes them and sticks them in her fucking salad and the kids sandwiches. 
Well lettuce is expensive these days  ;)
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:24 am »

That is just disgusting

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2006, 11:06:39 am »
Haha.. think thats fair game to play on ya family, good on him...

You'll learn.

I was fuming at the time but I can't say I blame him for tapping me up! Don't worry I got him back on a couple of occasions, I always make sure he gets lumbered with the booking fee when he sorts out Glastonbury tickets for the two of us! Don't think I'll ever match his efforts though.

That makes you a grass Neil. Shame on you :D

Not as bad as the time I told him it was my brother who had drawn on the wallpaper...   :D Some of the stories about the tricks me and my brother (and I bet a lot of others) would play on each other as kids would make a good thread - sibling rivalry doesn't cover it!

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:10 am »

And the thing is, she happily relates these stories to my wife on the way to work, genuinely amazed that everybody else isn't doing it.

Can't believe she sees nothing wrong with doing that! :o. That's just sick :puke2, poor kids!

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2006, 11:13:12 am »
what a cheap fucker...he probably goes halves on the condoms as well...maybe charge her alittle bit extra for ribbed...

;D  he actually worked it out that over 3 years, it would be cheaper to get the snip, provided he shags her 4.789634 times per week on average!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:14:53 am by bellinter »

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2006, 11:37:37 am »
/
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 06:16:35 pm by Tarpaulin »

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2006, 11:53:02 am »
the restaurant bill is a classic alright.... but its funny how its never an issue when the mingebag hasnt eaten in three days and puts away a 20 oz T-Bone!

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
  • I fought the law and the law won
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:15 pm »
Why dont people realise.....if yer a constant twat, you'll end up with nothing. People arent fuckin stupid. Once, maybe even twice - but not any more.

That's so true. People can spot it a mile off or this thread wouldn't be so popular. It's usually the people who are richest who are meanest as well.

One person I shared an office with at work had me gaping in disbelief one day because she had been in France and had had a bit of trouble using her switch card in France one day. She rang up the bank about it and they told her it was just a momentary problem they'd had with their system and it should now be fine.

When she came back to the office, she rang the bank again, said that she had checked her bill, the phone call to them while she'd been away had cost her £2.32 and please could they reimburse her. About quarter an hour's worth of time on the office phone later, they agreed to credit her account with a fiver and I remember her getting off the phone and triumphantly declaring "if you don't ask, you don't get".

I know what she meant, but for heavens sake, this is someone who earned in excess of £50K a year. Isn't life a bit too short - especially when you're using someone else's phone to make the complaint? I suppose some people would say good on her, but I just don't have a bone in my body that could be arsed to do that. I suppose it means I'll never be rich, but I think it's such an unattractive character trait, that sort of money-seeking miserliness, that I would rather be skint.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2006, 12:42:03 pm »

I suppose some people would say good on her, but I just don't have a bone in my body that could be arsed to do that. I suppose it means I'll never be rich, but I think it's such an unattractive character trait, that sort of money-seeking miserliness, that I would rather be skint.

Is bloody right! If being rich means I have to be a tight arse then forget it   :no
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline themule

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2006, 12:47:17 pm »
That's so true. People can spot it a mile off or this thread wouldn't be so popular. It's usually the people who are richest who are meanest as well.

One person I shared an office with at work had me gaping in disbelief one day because she had been in France and had had a bit of trouble using her switch card in France one day. She rang up the bank about it and they told her it was just a momentary problem they'd had with their system and it should now be fine.

When she came back to the office, she rang the bank again, said that she had checked her bill, the phone call to them while she'd been away had cost her £2.32 and please could they reimburse her. About quarter an hour's worth of time on the office phone later, they agreed to credit her account with a fiver and I remember her getting off the phone and triumphantly declaring "if you don't ask, you don't get".

I know what she meant, but for heavens sake, this is someone who earned in excess of £50K a year. Isn't life a bit too short - especially when you're using someone else's phone to make the complaint? I suppose some people would say good on her, but I just don't have a bone in my body that could be arsed to do that. I suppose it means I'll never be rich, but I think it's such an unattractive character trait, that sort of money-seeking miserliness, that I would rather be skint.

Wonder what she'd have done if the office manager had requested the cost of the phone call from the office back, or even asked for whatever they had been paying her for the 15mins she wasn't doing her job.

Offline SteB

• Kopite
  • Our Reason, Our Inspiration, Our Pride. JFT 96
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2006, 02:01:23 pm »
Got a mate who thinks we are mingebags cos we wont drop him in a taxi on the way home from town.

He used to live by us and we would drop one of the lads off in Kenny before carrying on down to Dovie where we all live within 2 mins of each other.

He has since moved to Walton, thinks we should go out of the way to Walton then all the way back to Dovie
What you see is what you get Youve made your bed, you better lie in it You choose your leaders and place your trust As their lies wash you down and their promises rust Youll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns And the public wants what the public gets But I dont get what this society wants

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2006, 08:30:01 pm »
Got a mate who thinks we are mingebags cos we wont drop him in a taxi on the way home from town.

He used to live by us and we would drop one of the lads off in Kenny before carrying on down to Dovie where we all live within 2 mins of each other.

He has since moved to Walton, thinks we should go out of the way to Walton then all the way back to Dovie

tell him to walk.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2006, 08:35:24 pm »
I am a fan of this too... Gettin paid to do that rules.  and its a must.

I think 10minutes, thats travel-poo-clean, a day is the best part of an hour a week.

Thats almost 2 days (give or take) a year, gettin paid to dump.  Quality - spread the word folks.

:lmao
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"