Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 553620 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #2360 on: June 2, 2016, 12:33:20 am »
Pretty sure I was watching it yesterday? When did it go?

What's the best android box out there? Not arsed if it's pre loaded or not as it's not for me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #2361 on: June 2, 2016, 07:04:27 am »

What's the best android box out there? Not arsed if it's pre loaded or not as it's not for me.
Nvidia Shield TV box, it's a lot more expensive than the usual Chinese shite boxes, but it's excellent, there is also the Amazon Fire TV box which is also very good.
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2362 on: June 6, 2016, 11:42:36 am »
Anyone interested in a Genuine VU+ Solo2 with 500HD before I whack it on eBay. All tuned in (Currently for Granada area), Sky look and feel etc....
All boxed up.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #2363 on: June 7, 2016, 07:38:29 am »
So I've got BT Sport2 (sd) back but still no LFCTV also BT Sport/ESPN has gone

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #2364 on: June 7, 2016, 09:49:14 am »

They are all much of a muchness I use the MXQ,although I use it less now as I discovered the Mag 250 it's the dogs bollocks just like using a normal remote and the iptv sub for the year was something like 70 dollars for every conceivable channel including a good "adult" section
Kenny Godglish

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #2365 on: June 7, 2016, 10:18:42 am »

BT Sport are all there but only SD for me.
I can give you the frequencies but kingofsat.net is good for all frequency/transponder changes (ps I just did a rescan when they went and tried all the BTs to find out which ones were active)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: June 7, 2016, 10:20:24 am »
Anyone interested in a Genuine VU+ Solo2 with 500HD before I whack it on eBay. All tuned in (Currently for Granada area), Sky look and feel etc....
All boxed up.

How much you looking for it mate?

Just checked the price of them. Whatever you're looking will probably be out of my brothers reach  ;D
« Last Edit: June 7, 2016, 10:22:01 am by Barneylfc please? for about half an hour »

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2367 on: June 7, 2016, 10:21:57 am »
How much you looking for it mate?

Its on eBay for £199 with free postage. PM your offer if you're interested, :-)

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #2368 on: June 7, 2016, 02:24:36 pm »
They are all much of a muchness I use the MXQ,although I use it less now as I discovered the Mag 250 it's the dogs bollocks just like using a normal remote and the iptv sub for the year was something like 70 dollars for every conceivable channel including a good "adult" section

Hi mate, if you don't mind me asking where did you get your sub from? I'm looking for another cheaper sub for the bedroom. Cheers. PM me if needed.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: June 7, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »
BT Sport are all there but only SD for me.
I can give you the frequencies but kingofsat.net is good for all frequency/transponder changes (ps I just did a rescan when they went and tried all the BTs to find out which ones were active)
Yea I know about kingofsat.net tried manually changing to get LFC back but still didn't work,that was a couple of weeks ago so might try again.Mind I'd rather have ESPN back than LFCTV though...

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2370 on: June 8, 2016, 09:54:38 pm »

Hi mate, could I get a pm as well from where you get your mag sub from? Thanks.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #2371 on: June 8, 2016, 11:11:52 pm »
Me too mate!

Thanks!

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: June 9, 2016, 01:53:38 pm »
My parents got a letter from Sky  telling them they are upgrading their SD Sky+ box for free. Engineer is due on Monday. The end is nigh fellas!

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: June 9, 2016, 01:57:45 pm »
Do you think these subs and boxes will be around for a long time or do you think they will eventually be shut down?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2374 on: June 15, 2016, 11:57:00 am »
I've got an AMiko Mini Combo, it only has one HDMI port.

Wondering is it possible to connect up another TV to it? Maybe by splitting the HDMI into two or something? Anyone any suggestions?

Theres also a USB port at the side but I use that for WIFI antenna.

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2375 on: July 16, 2016, 09:01:08 am »
Right i'm thinking of forking out for one of these pre-installed Blade TV boxes,anyone got one & are they worth it? 
Getting a bit fed up of the Firestick!  ::)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:05:49 am by Demo »

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2376 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:59 am »
Right i'm thinking of forking out for one of these pre-installed Blade TV boxes,anyone got one & are they worth it? 

I've got one mate. £220 I paid and it's supposedly a £100 a year after that?

I'm not too up on technology so you may have to read between the lines of what I'm saying as I'm not up on the lingo. What I've found is that movies that are put up whilst on at the cinema and of poor quality don't seem to get updated. For instance, I've just gone back to December 2015 when Creed was added and the one that was originally put up is still on and still poor quality. I'd expect this to have been updated. Some stuff is great. Sky TV, is set out easily as Sky is with BBC1 on Channel 101 and so on. I've watched the boxing on PPV and not had one problem. BoxNation tends to be jumpy for me, though. The 'other' football channels vary on picture as expected but I can honestly say any game I watched on them before  the season ended did not freeze more than once, if that. Speaking to users of Kodi they've said that games jump/freeze for them but I'm not too up on Kodi, although, I installed it yesterday to my Firestick with Pulse. Will compare in time.

Back on the Blade, it does a lot of good stuff and has lot of content but it's little things that can annoy me like when I started watching Fresh Prince some episodes were unwatchable due to poor quality. I went to watch last years TUF and it has just been left and not updated so the last three or so episodes aren't available. End of the day, though, it's cheaper than Sky.

Is the Blade worth getting ahead of Kodi? From just looking at the set up of Kodi at this early stage and from what I've been told by a few Kodi users, probably, yes. That's from my personal preferences of set up.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:43:12 am by Mactavish »

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2377 on: July 16, 2016, 10:24:19 am »
I've said it before here but for iptv and vod get a Mag box for £60 and a decent sub for £10/month and you're laughing.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: July 16, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »
Has anyone with a vu+ duo2 added a cable tuner?
Have cable & sat so thinking of swapping for hd

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: July 16, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »
I've got one mate. £220 I paid and it's supposedly a £100 a year after that?

I'm not too up on technology so you may have to read between the lines of what I'm saying as I'm not up on the lingo. What I've found is that movies that are put up whilst on at the cinema and of poor quality don't seem to get updated. For instance, I've just gone back to December 2015 when Creed was added and the one that was originally put up is still on and still poor quality. I'd expect this to have been updated. Some stuff is great. Sky TV, is set out easily as Sky is with BBC1 on Channel 101 and so on. I've watched the boxing on PPV and not had one problem. BoxNation tends to be jumpy for me, though. The 'other' football channels vary on picture as expected but I can honestly say any game I watched on them before  the season ended did not freeze more than once, if that. Speaking to users of Kodi they've said that games jump/freeze for them but I'm not too up on Kodi, although, I installed it yesterday to my Firestick with Pulse. Will compare in time.

Back on the Blade, it does a lot of good stuff and has lot of content but it's little things that can annoy me like when I started watching Fresh Prince some episodes were unwatchable due to poor quality. I went to watch last years TUF and it has just been left and not updated so the last three or so episodes aren't available. End of the day, though, it's cheaper than Sky.

Is the Blade worth getting ahead of Kodi? From just looking at the set up of Kodi at this early stage and from what I've been told by a few Kodi users, probably, yes. That's from my personal preferences of set up.

it this a new model blade that does iptv/sat

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: July 16, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »
Has anyone with a vu+ duo2 added a cable tuner?
Have cable & sat so thinking of swapping for hd
i have a sat/sat/cable on vu+ ultimo and sat/cable/cable on miracle box

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: July 16, 2016, 08:41:20 pm »
i have a sat/sat/cable on vu+ ultimo and sat/cable/cable on miracle box

I have a spare slot in the duo, so can I just buy a cable tuner card and slot it in?

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: July 16, 2016, 08:49:25 pm »
yea should be fine m8
i got from http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2383 on: July 16, 2016, 09:02:25 pm »

100% agree with dikwad on this one. If IPTV is all you want then get a Mag box and a decent sub.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2384 on: July 16, 2016, 09:35:59 pm »

it this a new model blade that does iptv/sat

I'll be honest mate, no idea what all that means. I can watch Sky, BT, Box Nation, SSBox Office and movies that are on cinema aswell as all the usual surrounding TV from UK and the world and foreign sports channels. If that helps?

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: July 16, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »
I'll be honest mate, no idea what all that means. I can watch Sky, BT, Box Nation, SSBox Office and movies that are on cinema aswell as all the usual surrounding TV from UK and the world and foreign sports channels. If that helps?

right will def be iptv if watching movies that are on cinema
last time i used a blade it was sat only and didn't realise they did iptv

Offline daza52

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2386 on: July 17, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »
Can anyone recommend a line for a zgemma H2S please? have asked on techkings also, but interested to see if anyone here has any trusted suppliers.

Cheers,

Darren

Offline daza52

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2387 on: July 20, 2016, 03:49:36 pm »
Marcus, have got your PM but can't reply due to not enough posts, can you pm me an email address?

Cheers

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: July 20, 2016, 07:27:12 pm »
Anyone's BT Sport 2 not working or just me?

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: July 20, 2016, 11:19:21 pm »
Anyone's BT Sport 2 not working or just me?
mine comes and goes,but I have 3 or 4 different frequencies and normally get one of them to work.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:33 pm »
mine comes and goes,but I have 3 or 4 different frequencies and normally get one of them to work.

It's a pain in the arse when football is on it

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2391 on: July 20, 2016, 11:32:10 pm »
It's a pain in the arse when football is on it
True which is why I tend to stream if we are on BT Sport

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2392 on: July 21, 2016, 12:02:33 am »
I only noticed it last week when I tried to put the Celtic game on. Then tonight it's still not working. No doubt I'll just leave it until the next time I want to watch it and be back in here complaining that it hasn't fixed itself  :D

Offline Marv147

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2393 on: July 22, 2016, 11:38:32 am »
I've figured the issue with PM's - not enough posts yet!  ::)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: July 22, 2016, 12:38:13 pm »
15 posts needed for PMs mate

Does that plex service work on a ZGemma?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:40:08 pm by B,arney'lfc please? for. ab.ou't ha'lf an, ho'ur »

Offline Marv147

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2395 on: July 22, 2016, 12:43:48 pm »
I only noticed it last week when I tried to put the Celtic game on. Then tonight it's still not working. No doubt I'll just leave it until the next time I want to watch it and be back in here complaining that it hasn't fixed itself  :D

Which service are you having problems with? If it's Sky, remember that BT Sport is now only available in SD on unofficial boxes now. VM is still showing in glorious HD though :)

Offline Marv147

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2396 on: July 22, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »
Do you think these subs and boxes will be around for a long time or do you think they will eventually be shut down?

They've been around for a fair few years already and see no reason to indicate that situation will change.

My philosophy was that if my first box and sub lasted more than 6 weeks, I was still going to be in profit considering I was forking out £114 a month at one point for a multiroom package from VM :o

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: July 22, 2016, 01:50:14 pm »
Can I have a test of the Plex service?

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2398 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »
Zgemma H2 with 12 month VM: £155* (or £175 with VM and Sky sub)

I have a few zgemma boxes in the house running sky lines.  What does VM offer that sky doesn't?  Are VM lines added to the boxes just like sky lines? Wouldn't mind having sports in HD again! :)

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2399 on: July 22, 2016, 02:22:34 pm »
I have a few zgemma boxes in the house running sky lines.  What does VM offer that sky doesn't?  Are VM lines added to the boxes just like sky lines? Wouldn't mind having sports in HD again! :)

All virgin offers that Sky doesn't is the HD channels mate