Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 164312 times)

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Ibe
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2015, 11:29:22 am »
Aren't Jordon, Raheem and Daniel good mates? I always see pictures/videos of them together. I'm worried selling Sterling might unsettle the other two.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2015, 11:34:21 am »
This!

fantastic new about Ibe signing on.

What i dont understand is why Rodgers gets so much stick from people. He has done a really really good job of bringing through young players... such as Ibe, and coutinho, and sterling..... he has taken a team without a striker to finish 5th (team below us has a 20 goal striker in kane), and managed to get 'unmanageable' players like Suarez focused where we almost grabbed an unexpected title last year.

we are rebuilding from the ground up and in 1-2 seasons i have no doubt at all we will consistently be a top 4 side, with these young guys such as Ibe being right amongst it.

If we get just that bit of patience for Rodgers and his young talents (Ibe, Markovic, Coutinho, Sinclair, Sterling etc....) we will be a bloody good team with a solid football identity that can actually be sustainable over many many years.
Who will we kick out of the top 4 to accommodate us?
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2015, 11:38:35 am »
Aren't Jordon, Raheem and Daniel good mates? I always see pictures/videos of them together. I'm worried selling Sterling might unsettle the other two.

Well I highly doubt they'll all move to another club together so they'll just have to get on with it.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2015, 11:41:18 am »
It'll be fine.  Tuesdays can be date night (as long as there isn't a game).  Long distance relationships can work.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2015, 11:42:54 am »
Well I highly doubt they'll all move to another club together so they'll just have to get on with it.
I'm not saying they're inseparable and they'll all move to the same club together. But if
one of your favourite teammates leaves the club. Wouldn't you also consider moving elsewhere?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2015, 11:46:18 am »
I'm not saying they're inseparable and they'll all move to the same club together. But if
one of your favourite teammates leaves the club. Wouldn't you also consider moving elsewhere?

Why?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2015, 12:24:59 pm »

No.

That's football, team-mates come and go.  If they can't handle that and want to work with their mates then they're in the wrong profession.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »
No.

That's football, team-mates come and go.  If they can't handle that and want to work with their mates then they're in the wrong profession.
Fair enough

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »

I think it does work like that to an extent. I'm a big believer in once you have a contingent of players from a nation or similar culture, then you want to add to that not take away from it, in order to keep those players happy personally as well as on the pitch. With Sterling, Sturridge, Ibe we have a strong (right I'm gonna try to be pc but I'm not sure what the pc term is afro-carribean-english?) anyway, yeah, you get what I mean. They have similar cultural heritage, background, lifestyles, music tastes etc etc. I think you want to build on that as much as possible. The same goes for our latin american contingent as well. Now Suarez has gone, and with the possibility of Lucas going as well, with Enrique and Suso already out the door as well, I do worry about keeping Coutinho happy. He's our best player and you want to make him happy in all aspects of his life. I'm not saying keep these players on contracts just so Coutinho can have some mates, but I would definitely be looking at this when acquiring new players and looking to buy. A couple of Brazilians wouldn't go a miss for me.

Some will call it over pampering of a professional who is getting paid millions a year, but its a basic human need to have friends, companionship, no matter how much money you have. Its something the club definitely to look at when signing new players, considering the current group, who do we want to play for the club for a long time etc etc.

This is why Rafas era made a lot of sense. He signing a hell of a lot of Spanish players right before Spains boom, and we got a great contingent of lads, who for a time were very settled and enjoyed there time together in Liverpool. For me this is probably one of the reasons I would love us to get Klopp, just because you know he would be looking at the Bundesliga, bringing in a strong core base of German players. We've never had that at Liverpool but it's something I'd love to see. German Liverpool, Ruthless as fuck.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »
I think it does work like that to an extent. I'm a big believer in once you have a contingent of players from a nation or similar culture, then you want to add to that not take away from it, in order to keep those players happy personally as well as on the pitch. With Sterling, Sturridge, Ibe we have a strong (right I'm gonna try to be pc but I'm not sure what the pc term is afro-carribean-english?) anyway, yeah, you get what I mean. They have similar cultural heritage, background, lifestyles, music tastes etc etc. I think you want to build on that as much as possible. The same goes for our latin american contingent as well. Now Suarez has gone, and with the possibility of Lucas going as well, with Enrique and Suso already out the door as well, I do worry about keeping Coutinho happy. He's our best player and you want to make him happy in all aspects of his life. I'm not saying keep these players on contracts just so Coutinho can have some mates, but I would definitely be looking at this when acquiring new players and looking to buy. A couple of Brazilians wouldn't go a miss for me.

Some will call it over pampering of a professional who is getting paid millions a year, but its a basic human need to have friends, companionship, no matter how much money you have. Its something the club definitely to look at when signing new players, considering the current group, who do we want to play for the club for a long time etc etc.

This is why Rafas era made a lot of sense. He signing a hell of a lot of Spanish players right before Spains boom, and we got a great contingent of lads, who for a time were very settled and enjoyed there time together in Liverpool. For me this is probably one of the reasons I would love us to get Klopp, just because you know he would be looking at the Bundesliga, bringing in a strong core base of German players. We've never had that at Liverpool but it's something I'd love to see. German Liverpool, Ruthless as fuck.

I though Jordon Ibe had Nigerian descent? :)

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »
Yeah Jordon's Dad is Nigerian. Ony Sterling and Sturridge with caribbean descent
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »

They are but it will be fine. Jordon signing a new deal and if anyone in our team knows about how the grass isn't always greener at a rich 'sugar daddy' club its Sturridge. If anything Sterling would do well to listen to Sturridge on the matter

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2015, 03:29:10 pm »
Yeah Jordon's Dad is Nigerian. Ony Sterling and Sturridge with caribbean descent

I read in the Liverpool FC mag last season that Jordon had some Jamaican heritage? Not sure on which side, though.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2015, 04:34:52 pm »
Everyone moving to L.A Galaxy then?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2015, 04:39:10 pm »

Ibe will be more likely to see Sterling potentially leaving as him as a good thing for his own career, if anything, I would have thought. When it comes to your job, you very much think of yourself, I think. He just signed a new deal, after all.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2015, 04:40:25 pm »
Ibe will be more likely to see Sterling potentially leaving as him as a good thing for his own career, if anything, I would have thought. When it comes to your job, you very much think of yourself, I think. He just signed a new deal, after all.

Did he? Can't see anything about it.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »
Think its agreed but not signed yet ?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 20, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »
Think its agreed but not signed yet ?

You're right, my mistake. Seems a formality though.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2015, 06:15:45 pm »
What did he say?
Rodgers? A few pages back there are links. Basically, he pointed out that some agents are pain the the neck, or lower.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2015, 06:19:49 pm »

Manchester is just up the road, no problem meeting up after training. Or Sterling and Ibe dropping in on  Sturridge during patient visiting hours.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »
if it unsettles them then they aren't worth a carrot and can follow him out f the door if they want, its not a fucken R&B love in for young lads.  FFS
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2015, 06:50:06 pm »
Did he? Can't see anything about it.
Few months ago apparently. Remember Gerrard saying something about it when he was a pundit when suspended or injured cant remember which
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2015, 06:51:52 pm »
Few months ago apparently. Remember Gerrard saying something about it when he was a pundit when suspended or injured cant remember which

Seems like it's been agreed in principle but nothing is signed yet.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »
Seems like it's been agreed in principle but nothing is signed yet.
prob right mate- he may have mentioned he was offered a new contract.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »
I though Jordon Ibe had Nigerian descent? :)

Ask him if he knows Crown Prince Okinwanjo then please, I'm still waiting for the payment into my account. I sent my $2000 clearing fee 7 weeks ago.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »
You're right, my mistake. Seems a formality though.

We're talking about Liverpool here...

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2015, 12:00:53 am »
Jordan Ibe and Joh Flanagan have both signed new contract. woop.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2015, 12:06:04 am »
Yay! :D

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2015, 03:13:18 am »
Jordan Ibe and Joh Flanagan have both signed new contract. woop.
Ibe - excellent.

Flanagan - won't have played a single game in 2 years. Why on earth would you offer him a new contract unless it is on an extremely low wage level?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 21, 2015, 03:57:22 am »
GREAT news, also about Flanagan...he is still young and can be good for us.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2015, 07:18:14 am »
Agree on Flanagan that it's good news. IMO we can be a bit 'nice' in this case, and on paper it might not be the best deal for Liverpool. But probably with low wages and hopefully he comes back to play for us regularly and in that case he has all the chances in the world to claim a first team spot again. And we need someone like him in the team then.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 21, 2015, 07:29:22 am »
Flanagan is captain material...great news
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #232 on: May 21, 2015, 08:13:06 am »
I'm very happy about both contract extensions. Ibe for obvious reasons and Flanagan because he is a brilliant squad player. It's important to have a local lad in the team and hopefully on the pitch! Plus it saves us £10M for a possible replacement from wherever.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:22 am »
Ibe - excellent.

Flanagan - won't have played a single game in 2 years. Why on earth would you offer him a new contract unless it is on an extremely low wage level?

Flanagan is out of contract in the summer and apparently has been offered a 12 month extension, probably on his current terms. Sounds completely logical.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2015, 10:14:58 am »
Flanagan is out of contract in the summer and apparently has been offered a 12 month extension, probably on his current terms. Sounds completely logical.

I wouldn't say its logical given he's likely to be out for a long while, but there is certainly an argument to give him one.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:40 am »
I think Flanno's contract will reflect that he was been out for a while and might not get back to the player we was.
We aren't a charity.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2015, 10:18:12 am »
I wouldn't say its logical given he's likely to be out for a long while, but there is certainly an argument to give him one.

I think his current wage is below the Premiership average (£35k or something I believe) and we have an international full back (albeit just the 1 cap) on our hands. I think of all the wages that get wasted to me anyway it seems like a year of investment that seems sensible and doesn't on the face of it appear to be pissing money up the wall.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2015, 10:20:30 am »

So we fume when a player doesn't show loyalty to the club.

But the Club doesn't have to be loyal to a player that's been here all his career?

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2015, 05:03:53 pm »
Liverpool FC ‏@LFC  2m2 minutes ago
#LFC are delighted to confirm that Jordon Ibe and Jon Flanagan have both signed new contract extensions with the club.

Boom!

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2015, 05:04:19 pm »
Some good news at last. Well in Jordan la!

Ibe: “Liverpool are a great club and I like the philosophy here. I’m enjoying it.”