Author Topic: 2014-15 Loan Watch  (Read 167730 times)

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2014-15 Loan Watch
« Reply #800 on: May 18, 2015, 09:52:00 am »
The Guardian reported 2 days ago that Kolo is close to signing a 12 month contract extension.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: May 18, 2015, 10:32:17 am »
His lack of concentration is worrying; he's just very prone to switching off. It won't get better under our coaching, either.

He's young and still has a lot of potential, but part of me thinks we bought him too young. I mean, he needs games, and he'll want to be playing for us, but two consecutive seasons on loan can't be good for his confidence. If we're looking to keep him around, he almost has to be our third/fourth choice CB next season and I'm not sure he's good enough (rather give him games than Lovren, though). If he's loaned out again next season, he'll almost certainly be in the shop window.

if we brought in better coaches then maybe we can address that

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: May 20, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »
Coates was absolutely brilliant for Sunderland tonight, the best I have ever seen him play

Offline LFC State of Mind

• Kemlynite
  • I like my eggs sunny-side down.
« Reply #803 on: May 20, 2015, 10:09:06 pm »
Coates was absolutely brilliant for Sunderland tonight, the best I have ever seen him play

He's demonstrated that he's a competent defender when the game is played in front of him and he doesn't have to worry about covering space behind him. His positional play is good and he recovers the ball well in situations where it looks like the ball and player have escaped him. His recent form might help him secure a permanent move to Sunderland. If not, his game seems well suited to Serie A.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 20, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »
He's demonstrated that he's a competent defender when the game is played in front of him and he doesn't have to worry about covering space behind him. His positional play is good and he recovers the ball well in situations where it looks like the ball and player have escaped him. His recent form might help him secure a permanent move to Sunderland. If not, his game seems well suited to Serie A.

He's a good defender, a player who reads the game well. He could deputize for Skrtel in the sweeper role in a back 3, in my opinion. Give him no protection from fullbacks & midfield and he'd be terrible (how we regularly play in a 4-3-3).

He's a better player than Lovren the headless chicken, though, who has no clue about positioning whatsoever.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline LFC State of Mind

• Kemlynite
  • I like my eggs sunny-side down.
« Reply #805 on: May 20, 2015, 10:29:01 pm »
He's a good defender, a player who reads the game well. He could deputize for Skrtel in the sweeper role in a back 3, in my opinion. Give him no protection from fullbacks & midfield and he'd be terrible (how we regularly play in a 4-3-3).

He's a better player than Lovren the headless chicken, though, who has no clue about positioning whatsoever.

I'm not sure he has a future at the club given how little protection we afford the defence and how exposed he'd be considering our fullbacks are encouraged to push forward.

I agree with Lovren and had major reservations about his signing, especially as he occupied that LCB position and is an inferior player to Sakho who is our most complete defender in my opinion, but I digress.

I'm interested to see what our plans are for Wisdom and Illori. I think Wisdom has the physical attributes to develop into a decent player but he is perhaps limited technically. I know he did well on loan in the Championship but has struggled for game time under Pulis at West Brown so it's hard to pass judgement. I've not seen too much of Illori but, by all accounts, many consider him to have raw potential but he is still maturing physically so may struggle with the demands of the Premier League to be considered a viable alternative to Skrtel/Sakho.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #806 on: May 20, 2015, 10:39:22 pm »
Hopefully the performance makes Sunderland buy him out right. We simply don't play in a manner that will suit Coates. The way we play we need front foot defenders who can defend a high line and that isn't Coates.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: May 20, 2015, 10:57:53 pm »
Hopefully the performance makes Sunderland buy him out right. We simply don't play in a manner that will suit Coates. The way we play we need front foot defenders who can defend a high line and that isn't Coates.
This is just my opinion but I don't think front foot defenders or a high line works unless you have a dominant midfield and a crazy pressing game. If these front foot defenders are made to defend enough times miles away from goal on an island devoid of teammates in proximity, they will make a blunder sooner or later. This, I think, is what Lovren is finding different here from Southampton. Rodgers buys defensive players best suited to play this high line, but his teams never play that system. The defensive organization for us always seems to be get a lot of players to run back as fast as they can and just defend with numbers close to goal. Oldham was a fiasco but Skrtel and Coates could do a good job together if the team is set up to play deep as it has been throughout this season. Also, Coates is very good on the ball compared to the panic stations, hoof ball and back passes that Lovren and Toure produce. 

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #808 on: May 21, 2015, 12:32:55 am »

What are you talking about?
It has been proved by statistics that Lovren is the best defender in the premierleague  ::)
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #809 on: May 21, 2015, 02:20:16 am »
This is just my opinion but I don't think front foot defenders or a high line works unless you have a dominant midfield and a crazy pressing game. If these front foot defenders are made to defend enough times miles away from goal on an island devoid of teammates in proximity, they will make a blunder sooner or later. This, I think, is what Lovren is finding different here from Southampton. Rodgers buys defensive players best suited to play this high line, but his teams never play that system. The defensive organization for us always seems to be get a lot of players to run back as fast as they can and just defend with numbers close to goal. Oldham was a fiasco but Skrtel and Coates could do a good job together if the team is set up to play deep as it has been throughout this season. Also, Coates is very good on the ball compared to the panic stations, hoof ball and back passes that Lovren and Toure produce. 

Very interesting observations. But can you really call what we do "organization"? :)

I too feel our defensive issues are rooted in midfield and overall organisation rather than individual contributions. Young defenders are not suited to having little support so I don't see Coates, Illori or Wisdom really given a chance here.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #810 on: May 21, 2015, 04:48:33 am »
Are we keeping anyone except Origi and Ilori? (For the senior team, I mean).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: May 21, 2015, 04:57:28 am »
i hope Texeira too
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #812 on: May 21, 2015, 04:59:40 am »
i hope Texeira too
Forgot about him; shame! I hope he comes strong from the broken leg.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: May 21, 2015, 10:52:05 am »
Are we keeping anyone except Origi and Ilori? (For the senior team, I mean).

Has anything been said about Ilori/Alberto by the club? Or is Ilori staying and Alberto going just the general assumption?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #814 on: May 21, 2015, 11:25:40 am »
Has anything been said about Ilori/Alberto by the club? Or is Ilori staying and Alberto going just the general assumption?

It's an assumption. And it seems reasonable that we'd let Luis Alberto go if the right offer came in. The lad has serious talent, but he's not going to get into our side as the attacking player he wants to be. Still think we could use him in a deeper role.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »
Would love to see Alberto stay, he's a talented player and he creates and scores goals, something we need desperately

Nowhere near as slow as some make out either

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: May 22, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
Would love to see Alberto stay, he's a talented player and he creates and scores goals, something we need desperately

Nowhere near as slow as some make out either

Would you know what his record in Spain was like mate?

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: May 22, 2015, 10:01:50 pm »
Does anyone know how long Tex is out for by any chance?

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »
No idea what kind of break but for footballers generally playing again in 6-9 months. Cisse for Liverpool got back quick enough to play in a champions league final the same season he broke his leg. But players like eduardo took longer and didn't look the same again.

Tex is still young tho so that's on his side
YNWA

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2015, 11:19:45 pm »
Seb Coates looked brilliant against arsenal would love to see him given another chance here,
YNWA

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: May 22, 2015, 11:19:57 pm »

Think they said 3-4 months when he got injured in march so he should be fit by pre season or by the Europa league games

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: May 22, 2015, 11:39:59 pm »
Think they said 3-4 months when he got injured in march so he should be fit by pre season or by the Europa league games

Cheer bud

It'd be great if he could fit for pre season, could be a make or break season for him

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #822 on: May 23, 2015, 05:40:28 pm »

He posted a video of himself diving into a pool and swimming on his Instagram yesterday, couldn't believe he was doing that already.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: May 25, 2015, 10:25:53 am »
Origi named in the 'Worst XI of the Season' by L'Equipe.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #824 on: May 25, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
No idea what kind of break but for footballers generally playing again in 6-9 months. Cisse for Liverpool got back quick enough to play in a champions league final the same season he broke his leg. But players like eduardo took longer and didn't look the same again.

Tex is still young tho so that's on his side

Nowhere near as bad a break as Cisse. It was a scan that showed up the fracture, whereas anyone could see Djibril had snapped his leg from the way it wobbled about sickeningly.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: May 25, 2015, 11:38:39 am »
Origi named in the 'Worst XI of the Season' by L'Equipe.

If it's anything like Garth Crooks's team of the week/season I wouldn't read too much into it.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: May 25, 2015, 03:34:32 pm »
The Origi thing is overblown.  Lille have a defensive-minded manager and have scored 43 goals in 38 games and are in 8th.  Don't know too many 20-year olds that would thrive in that.
King Kenny.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #827 on: May 25, 2015, 03:39:11 pm »
8 goals, 3 assists for Origi in 33 matches.  Is it really that bad?
The whole team has been poor but Origi has struggled too.
He looks a prospect but not a game changer like coutinho is for us, or Hazard was for lille at an even younger age.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #828 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

Doesn't he take penalties as well?

Either way I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's debatable but he might have been better off playing for us this season, or even a loan move in the Championship...

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: May 25, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »
Doesn't he take penalties as well?

Either way I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's debatable but he might have been better off playing for us this season, or even a loan move in the Championship...

Yes, one of Belgium's three strikers, playing in the Championship.  ;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: May 25, 2015, 08:22:38 pm »
Yes, one of Belgium's three strikers, playing in the Championship.  ;D

I remember before the last World Cup the Belgium manager was saying they were fucked because one of their two strikers (Benteke and Lukaku) was injured and he was considering playing Januzaj up front. Origi has established himself as the third man since then but the there hasn't exactly been a lot of competition for the slot.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:40 am »

The worst team in Ligue 1......Gulp*
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: May 26, 2015, 01:53:55 am »

The worst team in Ligue 1......Gulp*

He is 19 has scored 8 goals in the league.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #833 on: May 26, 2015, 02:00:36 am »
For a 20-year old? Nope.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 26, 2015, 02:02:30 am »
For a 20-year old? Nope.

I was just thinking about his age as well.  I couldn't find any French league records for 20 year old goalscorers, because I was wondering what the highest total was for someone his age.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: May 26, 2015, 02:13:11 am »
He is 19 has scored 8 goals in the league.

Confused 19 or 20 years old?

Plus why is he rated so lowly?

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #836 on: May 26, 2015, 02:18:17 am »
The Origi thing is incredibly harsh for a young lad in a defensive-minded system. It's a matter of unrealistic pre-season expectations versus reality. Oh, and selling papers and advertising.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: May 26, 2015, 02:38:05 am »
Confused 19 or 20 years old?

Plus why is he rated so lowly?

Perhaps because of expectations rather than performances. There seem to be a number of players like that on that list. Thauvin for example is another one. There aren't many 19-20 years old players that score double digit goals in top 5 leagues, so it is unreasonable to expect that. Most strikers have their breakout season's aged 21-24, so its clear we have bought him in the hope that he has one of those in next few years.

Comparing his goal production to some of best young strikers at the same age we can see this.

Vietto- 5 goals in Argentine league
Dybala- 5 goals in Serie B
Harry Kane- 2 goals in Championship
Icardi-10 goals in Serie A
Lacazzete- 4 goals in Ligue 1
Nabil Fekir- 1 goal in Ligue 1
Jordan Ibe - 0 goals
Raheem Sterling - 7 goals in PL and he supposedly worth 50m pounds.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: May 26, 2015, 02:57:06 am »
Perhaps because of expectations rather than performances. There seem to be a number of players like that on that list. Thauvin for example is another one. There aren't many 19-20 years old players that score double digit goals in top 5 leagues, so it is unreasonable to expect that. Most strikers have their breakout season's aged 21-24, so its clear we have bought him in the hope that he has one of those in next few years.

Comparing his goal production to some of best young strikers at the same age we can see this.

Vietto- 5 goals in Argentine league
Dybala- 5 goals in Serie B
Harry Kane- 2 goals in Championship
Icardi-10 goals in Serie A
Lacazzete- 4 goals in Ligue 1
Nabil Fekir- 1 goal in Ligue 1
Jordan Ibe - 0 goals
Raheem Sterling - 7 goals in PL and he supposedly worth 50m pounds.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: May 26, 2015, 03:48:09 am »
The Origi thing is incredibly harsh for a young lad in a defensive-minded system. It's a matter of unrealistic pre-season expectations versus reality. Oh, and selling papers and advertising.

L'Equipe are notoriously brutal with match ratings & coverage. Didn't they give someone a '0' recently? haha. I wouldn't read to much into it. He's a prospect.  :)