Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2508761 times)

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1280 on: May 20, 2015, 11:29:07 pm »
I may have missed something here but what are the temporary structures going up on the land near to the Albert? They look as though they're gonna be there a while as the brickies are working on walls etc by them. Hospitality for next season maybe?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1282 on: May 21, 2015, 07:23:21 am »
You shouldn't be sitting on the kop, you should be standing.

I like hanging from the rafters up in the sweaty back row

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #1283 on: May 21, 2015, 08:14:20 pm »
I may have missed something here but what are the temporary structures going up on the land near to the Albert? They look as though they're gonna be there a while as the brickies are working on walls etc by them. Hospitality for next season maybe?

You answered your own questin there
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1285 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:28 am »
Now that godawful season is over, lets get to the real business and get this stadium built :)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: May 26, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
Core aeration and topdressing or a full new pitch?
The former
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Big-Cisse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1288 on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »
Do we know how many new season tickets will be created out of the 13,000 new seats? Cheers

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #1289 on: May 27, 2015, 10:55:48 pm »
I'm not getting to excited about the removal of seats just yet as I think it's just the club getting rid of the Warrior logo's and replacing them with NB logo's. Also, I thought it was the last 3 rows of the mainstand that where meant to be getting removed as part of the redevelopment?

I sit quite close to that picture. Its definitely not a logo change as they just change the seat colour. I wonder if they are putting some padded seats in for the corporates. There are quite a few of those near to the exit to the main stand lounges. I think some longstanding season ticket holders got kicked out of their seats in that area a couple of years ago to make way for them.
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #1290 on: May 27, 2015, 11:39:02 pm »
Do we know how many new season tickets will be created out of the 13,000 new seats? Cheers

My guess is not alot as the entire middle and majority of the upper tier is going to corporate/sponsors/match officials the lower will be given back to those who had tickets in the current main stand, the rest (if any) will be given to members.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »
I sit quite close to that picture. Its definitely not a logo change as they just change the seat colour. I wonder if they are putting some padded seats in for the corporates. There are quite a few of those near to the exit to the main stand lounges. I think some longstanding season ticket holders got kicked out of their seats in that area a couple of years ago to make way for them.

A mate of mine, Jerry, got booted into the lower centenary after nearly 35 years of being in the same seat in the main stand because of sponsorship demands.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: May 28, 2015, 11:05:26 am »

Doubt they'd do that just for 1 season, more likely it's to make space for some sort of scaffold while they remove sections of the existing roof over the summer.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: May 28, 2015, 11:07:42 am »

Anyone got some latest pictures? haven't seen anything for a couple of days!

Starting to get worried #PleaseBanMeForALongTime

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #1294 on: May 28, 2015, 11:19:34 am »
Didn't get any pics because my phone was dead, but down there yesterday afternoon and they've started removing large pieces of the existing cladding on the back of the stand revealing the actual structure.  Presumably in prep for some sort of knock thru or something ?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #1295 on: May 28, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »
Giant Terex crane being assembled today as I passed. Presumably needed to start the top terrace steel and roof.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1296 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »
This was it yesterday

Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1297 on: June 1, 2015, 08:13:14 am »
This was Saturday, spotted the large yellow crane from Scotland road so drove up to have a look.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite

Offline Red-O

• Main Stander
« Reply #1299 on: June 1, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »
Wow... are we building a football stand or an oil rig ..?!

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1300 on: June 1, 2015, 02:04:15 pm »
Upgrade on the LHC.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1301 on: June 1, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »
Wow... are we building a football stand or an oil rig ..?!

Iraqi Supergun?

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: June 1, 2015, 07:21:52 pm »
Iraqi Supergun?

I see the new away changing room has arrived!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1303 on: June 1, 2015, 07:28:06 pm »
I assume it's part of the roof support?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1304 on: June 1, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »
I assume it's part of the roof support?

It's for all those planes flying over Anfield these days.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1305 on: June 1, 2015, 07:31:00 pm »
Looking back to page one of this thread, we seem to be happily into phase 6 of the project which should be completed by the end of August(ish)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: June 2, 2015, 09:54:12 pm »
Steelwork.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #1308 on: June 2, 2015, 10:03:22 pm »
Like this on the end of one of the flange faces hahaha!

https://instagram.com/p/3Me1kbqdy8/?taken-by=waz_bacon
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: June 3, 2015, 07:23:39 am »
Trial pits in the centenary car park last week. No idea what for but everyone involved had to sign non disclosure documents.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1310 on: June 3, 2015, 01:11:23 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #1311 on: June 3, 2015, 05:45:48 pm »

Offline vonschtupp

• Boys Pen
  • Red Sox by birth, LFC by choice
« Reply #1312 on: June 3, 2015, 08:41:12 pm »
Ugh, first trip to Liverpool, and it looks like we'll be touring more of a construction site than a football pitch. 

Offline BigYan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1313 on: June 4, 2015, 09:26:29 am »
From the pictures above the 70's extension for hospitality has been demolished as planned.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1314 on: June 4, 2015, 09:34:00 am »
Ugh, first trip to Liverpool, and it looks like we'll be touring more of a construction site than a football pitch. 

LFC apologises for trying to better themselves and keeping up with the modern day world of football. They hope your trip isn't ruined by their ambition to be better than they already are.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1315 on: June 4, 2015, 10:54:03 am »
LFC apologises for trying to better themselves and keeping up with the modern day world of football. They hope your trip isn't ruined by their ambition to be better than they already are.

Bit harsh, I see your point but it's like Rail Engineering Works on the day you've booked to travel. I'm sure they're necessary but it doesn't make it any less annoying or stop you venting your frustrating, especially if you've travelled a long way

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1316 on: June 4, 2015, 11:01:32 am »
Bit harsh, I see your point but it's like Rail Engineering Works on the day you've booked to travel. I'm sure they're necessary but it doesn't make it any less annoying or stop you venting your frustrating, especially if you've travelled a long way

Not at all. The club is making ground on trying to keep up with other clubs who we plan to compete with. Seeing a "construction site more than a football pitch" is part of that process. Me? I find it incredibly exciting and every time I went to Anfield last season I'd have a look at the progress being made. That, along with the football pitch side of things, makes it a little bit more exciting than going anyway. Your analogy is all wrong too. It'd be like booking train tickets for a day you already knew rail engineering works were happening. You can't complain, you already knew it was happening!

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1317 on: June 4, 2015, 11:09:17 am »
Not at all. The club is making ground on trying to keep up with other clubs who we plan to compete with. Seeing a "construction site more than a football pitch" is part of that process. Me? I find it incredibly exciting and every time I went to Anfield last season I'd have a look at the progress being made. That, along with the football pitch side of things, makes it a little bit more exciting than going anyway. Your analogy is all wrong too. It'd be like booking train tickets for a day you already knew rail engineering works were happening. You can't complain, you already knew it was happening!

I'm with you pal I'm constantly checking this thread for updates, I've been waiting an almighty long time for this!

I was just saying that if you booked your tickets a year in advance for something when it was all ok and then when it's on the horizon and you find out that something is majorly disrupting your trip it'd be quite annoying. Now if this person only booked a few months ago then it's completely their own fault for not checking and its hard to have sympathy.

Still I'm sure there's plenty to see at Anfield for a newbie so should be a great trip anyway 

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1318 on: June 4, 2015, 11:22:17 am »

true but surely it was to be expected!
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #1319 on: June 4, 2015, 07:18:37 pm »
Someone reliable on ynwa.tv is saying FSG have abandoned plans to extend the Anfield Road end. Purely due to cost for 4000 seats.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"