Author Topic: Wayne Rooney  (Read 296468 times)

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The White Pele
« Reply #1480 on: July 17, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »
It will now be a case of United pushing for top price.

They could refuse to sell which would be funny, an unhappy Rooney would be hard work for Moyes

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #1481 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:18 pm »
Rooney's departure could give Kagawa the chance to really shine next season.

Keeping an unhappy Rooney and Moyes having that to deal with throughout the season sounds the ideal situation.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #1482 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »
Mourinho is just being Mourinho, unsettling the opposition and being a fly in their face. If Rooney isn't going to play second fiddle and wants to leave, throw a transfer request in. Then the actual drama can begin.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: July 17, 2013, 08:56:35 pm »
It will now be a case of United pushing for top price.
but he is a goner.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:59 pm »
Mourinho is just being Mourinho, unsettling the opposition and being a fly in their face. If Rooney isn't going to play second fiddle and wants to leave, throw a transfer request in. Then the actual drama can begin.
This is perfect for Chelsea and especially Mourinho. No matter what's said, Rooney is a big player for ManU and a quality player, they will miss him and it resolves a real weakness for Chelsea at centre forward.

Long term it may not be a great bit of business but wtf does Mourinho care if he wins the league first time back.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1485 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:02 pm »
Wow, Mourinho coming out and saying that Rooney's there only target this summer  :o Don't understand the logic behind saying that honestly. If nothing else it could get the fans irritated with him and it might make the Mancs think they can charge even more for him because Mourinho is acting desperate for him. Unless I'm missing something here it seems like a stupid move by Mourinho which is a surprise.

mind games!!!!!!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #1487 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:59 pm »
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: July 17, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »
This is perfect for Chelsea and especially Mourinho. No matter what's said, Rooney is a big player for ManU and a quality player, they will miss him and it resolves a real weakness for Chelsea at centre forward.

Long term it may not be a great bit of business but wtf does Mourinho care if he wins the league first time back.

If they sell Rooney and get Fabregas their team is better, They can probably get Fabregas and Baines for the same wages as Rooney,  I know which I'd rather have...

With Hernandez and Welbeck along with Van Persie Utd will be alright upfront, if they start buying good midfielders they will be clear favourites for the league, even with Moyes in charge.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1489 on: July 17, 2013, 10:56:44 pm »
If they sell Rooney and get Fabregas their team is better, They can probably get Fabregas and Baines for the same wages as Rooney,  I know which I'd rather have...

With Hernandez and Welbeck along with Van Persie Utd will be alright upfront, if they start buying good midfielders they will be clear favourites for the league, even with Moyes in charge.
Disagree, Rooney is a winner. He gives them that nasty manic edge and horrible desire to turn a game around they have had for 15 years when they are getting beat.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #1490 on: July 20, 2013, 03:57:35 am »

I can't see Fabregas leaving Barca, unless he is forced out.
I can see the white pele leaving no matter what bollocks Golum comes out with.
They pay him 1 million a month. They are a business with a load of debt.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: July 20, 2013, 11:26:32 am »

No way. Rooney is pretty underestimated there at the moment but we never know what happened in training on a daily basis.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1492 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05:28 am »
Rooney's departure could give Kagawa the chance to really shine next season.

Keeping an unhappy Rooney and Moyes having that to deal with throughout the season sounds the ideal situation.

Remember the fucking shite we had to put up with during the Robbie Keane saga? It will be ten times worse with Rooney - cameras focused on his reaction every time he's subbed or sitting on the bench as van Persie scores again.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1493 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:22 am »
Remember the fucking shite we had to put up with during the Robbie Keane saga? It will be ten times worse with Rooney - cameras focused on his reaction every time he's subbed or sitting on the bench as van Persie scores again.

Surely, he'll be sold before the season begins. I think it was the Guardian,who had a piece about Rooney fretting about Ferguson's influence. It wouldn't surprise me if the Rooney camp are supplying the media with information to hasten an exit

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:00 am »
This Rooney hating has gone too far now! I'm outside Old Traffod and there's a guy burning small effigies of Rooney and selling them to fans!

Oh, hang on... Sorry!! It's a baked potato stand...
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: July 22, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »
This Rooney hating has gone too far now! I'm outside Old Traffod and there's a guy burning small effigies of Rooney and selling them to fans!

:lmao

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1496 on: July 22, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1497 on: July 22, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

kinell lad :lmao
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1498 on: July 22, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »
Player's quality isn't always the deciding factor on price. Nationality, prestige, popularity, commercial side could double the player's actual worth. To big clubs (especially the sugar daddy's ones), Rooney worth way more than Suarez or Mata.
Good job it is not based on looks.
 In all seriousness though, he has lost his edge and is being sidelined. Tactically for us, I hope Maureen is twisting the player and managers melons, and does not go for him, as that leaves him playing a reduced role in any other team above us (as I would imagine going to the plastics might rejuvenate him) whilst draining the resources of that club at a rate of a mil a month.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:05:37 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:12 pm »

Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1500 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »

Brilliant

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #1501 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:16 pm »
Is Shrek really on 250k per week? Unbelievable the amount footballers are paid when people worldwide are suffering to make ends meet due to inflation etc.

The White Pele can buy a house in almost any place in the world with his weekly salary.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: July 22, 2013, 06:40:59 pm »

Hahahahahaha. Just spat me tea out.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1503 on: July 22, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »

:lmao :lmao

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1504 on: July 22, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:29 pm »
:D brilliant Blert.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1506 on: August 5, 2013, 08:39:12 am »
Rooney, 27, has told new United boss David Moyes that he wants to leave Old Trafford and will submit a written transfer request this week.

Looks like his writing is finally getting better. Only needs a week now to write a transfer request

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #1507 on: August 5, 2013, 08:57:22 am »
you think its bullshit and he is doing it again to get more money ? Cant really go up from 250k a week, can you

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: August 5, 2013, 09:22:54 am »
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3834107.ece

Somehow this doesn't sound like a salary negotiation stunt. He's had bad blood with Moyes before and although they were supposed to have kissed and made-up Rooney strikes me as the sort of thin-skinned ego who doesn't really know how to accomplish graciousness. Plus he thinks Ferguson under-values him and is still pulling the strings.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: August 5, 2013, 09:50:41 am »
I think he has had enough, money wise and trouble wise, and wants to leave now.....and they won´t be able to replace him, no way.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: August 5, 2013, 09:58:17 am »
Is Shrek really on 250k per week? Unbelievable the amount footballers are paid when people worldwide are suffering to make ends meet due to inflation etc.

The White Pele can buy a house in almost any place in the world with his weekly salary.
It really is ridiculous to be honest, underserved wages.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1511 on: August 5, 2013, 10:53:06 am »
Grauniad says that Chelsea offered close to £30mill over the weekend which was turned down.
Next stage will be Rooney handing in a written transfer request.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: August 5, 2013, 11:05:37 am »
Am I the only one thinking Shrek will do well at the plastics?

Front 3 working with Mourinhio might even get him out of his dip in form and Colleen can chav it up in the capital.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: August 5, 2013, 11:15:42 am »

Front 3 working with Mourinhio might even get him out of his dip in form and Colleen can chav it up in the capital.

He will re-discover his form. If he goes and UTD don't replace him then they will struggle if and when RVP gets injured which is inevitable with Dinosaur Moyes and his methods!

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1514 on: August 5, 2013, 11:26:29 am »
He will re-discover his form. If he goes and UTD don't replace him then they will struggle if and when RVP gets injured which is inevitable with Dinosaur Moyes and his methods!

Suspect this is why Utd want to keep Rooney so much.

As mad as it is, they probably wouldnt be able to replace him for the £30m(ish) they'd get for him. So many strikers have moved this window already. Who's left? Not only that but Van Persie is so clearly their number 1 striker. So you can even sell the aspect of being Utd's no9.

Also agree that he'd rediscover his form should he leave. He'd have a point to prove and seems the sort to carry a grudge. He'll be desperate to prove he's still got it. And Chelsea would be an ideal environment for him. Mourinho would play to his ego to the nth degree.

Has some parallels with our Arsenal/Suarez situation.

Utd wont be able to replace his quality and they'd be directly strengthening a rival. No wonder they're fighting it.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: August 5, 2013, 11:38:13 am »

Whatever else you want to say about Rooney, he knows how to score goals. I think he'd be an excellent signing for Chelsea and I'd be very surprised if he failed playing ahead of the likes of Mata and Hazard.

United will have a hard time replacing his goals as well. Apart from that terrible nine months he had he's pretty much always done the business for them. Even in a poor season last year he scored something like 12 in 21 games.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2013, 11:39:45 am by Camarero25 »

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: August 5, 2013, 11:46:34 am »
Who would have thought 4yrs ago about the possibility of seeing Torres and Rooney play together up front eh?

What a f*cked up sport!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: August 5, 2013, 11:50:09 am »

He will do well because he's an excellent player, once he loses a bit of weight.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: August 5, 2013, 11:54:33 am »
United won't sell as they simply won't be able to replace him before the end of the window - there aren't really any strikers who might feasibly move who haven't already done so!

You also have to factor in that Van Persie is unlikely to go a third season without injury, especially with Moyes and his fitness coaches - and anyone can see that Welbeck/Hernandez aren't going to win titles as first choice strikers...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1519 on: August 5, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »
This deal hangs directly on the ability of the mancs signing Fabregas