Author Topic: Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham  (Read 36494 times)

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2017, 07:46:42 pm »
You know what made me smile (the winning obviously) but the little niggling fouls to stop the running midfielder. Not giving the ball back to the player who was about to take the free kick, throw in straight away. The couple of times Hendo just stood in front of the ball talking to the ref but obviously blocking the free kick
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »
Fuck yeah!! I can finally watch MotD!!!!  ;D
Brilliant performance and finally we get the win we deserved! Unlucky that we couldn't punish them even more in the first half, it could have been about 5-0 at half time!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »
Wijnaldum was superb today, especially that first half, that's what I've wanted from him and good to see him finally producing.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 11th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:20 pm »
Chelsea fans could have hardly written a better script so far. Everyone close to them (well, nobody is close really) just loses. Maybe the most boring title "race" in recent memory

Who cares. Just enjoy our win today. Arsenal also won as well as us today by the way.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
Matip Motm.
Had a stellar game and there were spells where he turned attacker. Too bad Firmino done him unfairly that one time by not letting the ball through to him and ended up being offside.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
Spurs made that very easy for us. I think the week long rest has really helped however given our work rate late in the game.

Feels great to win again  8).

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:44 pm »
At last, we got our team back. Great performance. We just need to duplicate against the bus-parkers
Believer

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:49 pm »
Kane and Ali really destroyed Lucas there.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:57 pm »
Where's Al?

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
Re: Full time: Liverpool 2-0 Spurs
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2017, 07:48:02 pm »
Last game I was utterly frustrated and questioned the desire and drive of the team,  but that was like watching an entirely different set of players.

Never nervous,  never worried,  great performance.

This, I cant believe it was the same team, but great performance, and hopeful something we will see every week until the end of the season

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
f**king forgot how it feels when the reds win, outclassed them all over the park, barely gave them a sniff. Mane MOTM followed by Bobby for me.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 11th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2017, 07:48:14 pm »
I can't believe I'm actually gonna write this sentence - Lucas was superb. If it wasn't for mane, he might actually have been my man of the match.
Everything was in front of him, which really suits his game. Just needed to be aggressive in the small spaces he had to control. Good performance.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2017, 07:48:39 pm »
Thought the midfield were brilliant anyone of them could be motm

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2017, 07:48:58 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2017, 07:49:05 pm »

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2017, 07:49:57 pm »
Good performance. Wonderful attacking play in the first half, controlled the game easily in the second.

I'm always surprised by how dirty Tottenham are. Nasty team.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2017, 07:50:32 pm »
absolutely brilliant

how frustrating that the team can play so well yet turn up like an pub side for the past few weeks.

alli is a precious snowflake isnt he. giving it but whines like lord dumpnut when receiving it back.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2017, 07:50:34 pm »
2-0!
A really good performance. We bossed the game and could/should have scored more. Was good to see the intensity. When we play like this, we are the best side in the league. Mane makes a real difference for us. His speed is unique in our side and he is our best goalscorer for a reason. Let's build on this performance.
Not every day we manage a solid 2-0. Those results are for well-rounded teams. We should be elated with that performance really.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »
All about team selection. This same midfield was destrying teams in the league up until December. Then shit happened and it was disrupted. Back together again, those 3 and it showed. I honestly believe it is one of the best midfields in the league.

I hope we persist. Great win. Gini MOTM for me.
Spot on,  Emre is so far off the pace since his return from injury and has unbalanced the side. Same goes for sturridge,  they both slow our game down with to many touches and lake of pace.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2017, 07:51:25 pm »
We showed intelligence on and off the pitch, it was great!

We were smart and proactive playing Can in the holding role once Henderson got a booking. Meant we could defend breaks better, and if needed Can could have taken a yellow for the team. Also meant we had Henderson's energy and quick/direct moving of the ball in midfield.

Lucas had a good game, and Matip improved a lot second half. Happy enough with Lucas being our 4th choice defender, as long as we are willing to sub him. Us subbing him seemed enforced, and it meant he could go off with a good performance to be proud of, before he could make a tired mistake.

But on a serious note, what on earth does our fitness man from Bayern do? Totally baffled that we seem more aware of Lucas's physical condition and fitness on an internet fucking forum. Is he really bad at his job and so doesn't see what we do? Or is he aware of Lucas's issues, but everyone ignores him?

Are you seriously questioning the fitness coach?? Lucas would have played the entire game but for his injuries. Fitness is generally not his issue but lack of pace. If he isn't fit enough is because of a lack of games and not being over tired. You appear to be disappointed that Lucas had a good game. We all know his limitations but the way people on this forum look for a scapegoat after a loss is unreal. People were looking to blame him for the Hull loss. That loss was on the forward players. In fact, Matip has been off his game more so than Lucas.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »
Excellent result, brilliant performance.  On and off the ball we were on another level to a very good Spurs team and Klopp and his coaching staff got it tactically spot on.  Need to use this to push on now and maintain this level of energy and sharpness in every game between now and May, there's no reason we can't do that and finish in the top four because we can beat anyone if we keep playing like we did today.

Mane was outstanding but Wijnaldum was the MOTM for me, he was absolutely everywhere and some of his touches on the ball were world class.  Everyone played very well today, Firmino, Lallana and Henderson were all excellent and we were really solid and organised at the back.  I think Spurs' midfield are up there with the best in the league but ours made Dembele and Wanyama look ordinary today. 

We had to win today by any means it took but to do so in the manner that we have should give everyone a massive lift.

Thought he was outstanding for them.

Great scrap in the second half but that first half was magic.  Long layoff till our next match is a bit of a double-edged sword..let's just get our strategy right vs the bus parkers sorted first.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2017, 07:51:52 pm »
Pleased for Lucas today. Thought he was superb.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:30 pm »
On the contrary after a win its the worst time for a break.

Not really, I think the players will be itching to get at Leicester. I can see them absolutely demolishing the champions.

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »
Pleased for Lucas today. Thought he was superb.

Agreed.  He was excellent today
Believer

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:59 pm »
What channel's Match of the day on again?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »
Great result!!!!! Mane what a player we missed
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:41 pm »
Really enjoyed that,thought we played some really good football.Good rest now until the next game.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53:48 pm »

Lucas had a good game, and Matip improved a lot second half. Happy enough with Lucas being our 4th choice defender, as long as we are willing to sub him. Us subbing him seemed enforced, and it meant he could go off with a good performance to be proud of, before he could make a tired mistake.

That doesn't reflect your pre-match post about him though mate.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »
absolutely brilliant

how frustrating that the team can play so well yet turn up like an pub side for the past few weeks.

alli is a precious snowflake isnt he. giving it but whines like lord dumpnut when receiving it back.
I think it was as a result of all our main attacking and creative players(and some others) being off-form at the same time(coming back from injury[Lallana, Coutinho], coming back from the AFCON, just off form[Firmino], coming back from a ridiculous saga[Matip]).

And I think Wijnaldum instead of Can today, may have also helped to bring back our play a bit.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2017, 07:55:46 pm »
Thought he was outstanding for them.

He had a couple of those runs where he gets into full stride and is hard to stop but on the whole I thought we dealt with him superbly.  There were times in the first half where we just bypassing their midfield completely which doesn't happen very often at all with Wanyama and Dembele.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2017, 07:57:31 pm »
My fingers are frozen, Christ it's cold, but there was desire from everyone of them out there, don't know if it showed on the telly box but when mane scored, Gino and hendo had their own halfway celebration, they look really fired up. Think all of ours won their own individual battles.

Lucas v Kane - I feared the worst but Lucas started well and read and intercepted anything that was heading towards Kane and it was important cos it stopped spurs getting a foothold in our half for long periods.

The midfield trio - when it was chasing down we won, when it was physical we matched it, when they played we outplayed em.

Upfront - while Kane floundered - ours had gile, invention and pace.

Super stuff.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2017, 07:59:12 pm »
Lose today and it's curtains on top four. Serious questions to be asked of Klopp if we go out of the race with 13 games left and out of all competitions. Honeymoon is over, no matter who you are, you have to deliver
I hope you were suitably satisfied with today's service and that the manager of LFC 'delivered' to your required standards?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2017, 07:59:49 pm »

There are a few of us eating our words when it comes to Lucas today, me included.

I love the bloke, not entirely convinced by him as a centre-back but I thought he and Matip were excellent today. 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2017, 08:00:12 pm »
I hope you were suitably satisfied with today's service and that the manager of LFC 'delivered' to your required standards?

He'll probably be thinking of something to be negative about the match.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2017, 08:00:15 pm »
So, so happy to be proved wrong by an utterly outstanding performance. Frustrating that we've not seen that for so long but let's keep it up now.

Wijnaldum and Firmino were just incredible - that's a Klopp team!

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2017, 08:00:55 pm »
I think it was as a result of all our main attacking and creative players(and some others) being off-form at the same time(coming back from injury[Lallana, Coutinho], coming back from the AFCON, just off form[Firmino], coming back from a ridiculous saga[Matip]).

And I think Wijnaldum instead of Can today, may have also helped to bring back our play a bit.
Agreed.
No doubt. Wijnaldum strength is his one touch football and high work rate. Great technique and intelligence. It is where a team sits deep that he is not as effective. But then there are very few players of real quality who can unlock tight defences. Wijnaldum needs players space and players around him to move as opposed to taking on the opposition. Compliments our midfield well when Henderson and Llalana.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:23 pm »

Lasardine with another of his 'classic' posts. ::)

Let's see if he comes on to praise that performance and give credit to the manager.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:25 pm »
Boy did we need that. That will restore faith and hope for a lot of us.

Excellent performance across the pitch by everyone . Well done lads

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »
Not really, I think the players will be itching to get at Leicester. I can see them absolutely demolishing the champions.

16 days for Klopp to work with them. Outside of preseason he's never had that length of time to work with the players has he? Over two weeks for a manager who loves training and improving players to work with the whole group and get them ready and fired up for the run in. It's not great having that gap in the sense that we're out of a competition we'd rather be in, but that's a big upside to it.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »

How's that John?

I've loved Lucas since we signed him, but he can't finish games well any more. His body doesn't let him.

Think I said if he's playing, I want him to be subbed. To avoid the shocking ends of performances, otherwise decent for 2/3rds of a good game, against Bournemouth and Hull.

As our own Paisley once put it, about making brutal decisions for the sake of the team, "let them lose their legs on someone else's pitch".