Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham  (Read 62680 times)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham
« on: February 5, 2017, 06:19:17 am »
Liverpool 2 Spurs 1: Sturridge scores two as Reds survive late Tottenham push to go through to last eight

That was last October.

Fast forward to the present day, Xmas has been - New Year too and yeah Liverpool hasn't won this year but we find ourselves here 13 points of Chelsea but only 4 points behind Tottenham whilst Manchester United and Everton are in a fight for 7th place. Anyways here are last 5 years, results wise against this mob...

So since 10th March 2013 undefeated, 5 wins and 3 draws.. not too bad?  8)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:35:40 pm by John C »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 12th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2017, 08:36:11 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Spent too much time reading about yesterday. Supporting Liverpool feels hard ATM. This is our sort of game. They will presss the space so we need to be quick of mind and cool in front of goal. Plenty of time for the team to get prepared for the battle. Hope to see Wijnaldum, Lallana and Henderson as our midfield three.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2017, 08:48:22 am »
Can and Mignolet to the bench would be a very good start. Given that Spurs aren't complete shit, we'll probably get a result. Importantly, they won't camp 10 men behind the ball, which is a strategy we have literally no answers to.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2017, 08:58:18 am »
Good performance and a point or 3 against Tottenham followed by defeat to Leicester is on the cards.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2017, 09:02:18 am »
We have a week to plan Tottenham's downfall. I am confident we will overcome them, getting that first win will be vital, we must then kick on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2017, 09:04:17 am »
A team with a competent defence who sit deep and will suffocate out space.

This will be tough.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2017, 09:07:35 am »
Its our only game in the next 25/26 days so hopefully we put on a performance. I think we will win.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2017, 10:23:37 am »
This is a massive, possibly season defining game, win it and firmly in the mix and will be boosted by some much needed confidence, don't even want to think about the consequences of a defeat.  I want to be confident of a win but for me this has score draw written all over it.  They are a good defensive unit and have more than enough threat to score a couple.  Would like to see Gini come back in for Can, providing more fluidity in midfield and pray that we at least have Klavan available, no idea how long Lovren is out for.  I think the attack picks itself, we just need to hope Coutinho can play his way into form.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #8 on: February 5, 2017, 10:26:05 am »
Another opportunity for Liverpool to ruin our weekend. I genuinely don't know what to say anymore, all i know is that we're bound to get a win somewhere.

Are we going to play like earlier in the season again this year? Or worse, are we going to keep this relegation form like Dortmund's 2014/15?
Why did it take so long for opposition managers to find us out? I mean, parking the bus is standard for most lower-table managers away to good sides.

This game will end 1 - 1, in similar fashion to the Chelsea game or the same fixture last season
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 10:34:51 am by Garnier »
The change is cast

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 5, 2017, 10:28:15 am »
Its our only game in the next 25/26 days so hopefully we put on a performance. I think we will win.
we also have a week off in between games, don't think we have had that for a while.

Think we could win this, then two weeks off before Leicester away I think so they should be more refreshed, and hopefully the manager has a few new ideas to work on in training.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #10 on: February 5, 2017, 10:30:29 am »
Fuck it, stick Karius back in and see what he does.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2017, 10:31:57 am »
Be disappointing if Karius isn't in here. Maybe he'll fail too but it's better than sticking with a fella who's been failing for 3 and a half years!

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 5, 2017, 10:40:08 am »
Already?...really?.....have a breather and unwind a bit

Yeah, probably too soon after yesterday

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: February 5, 2017, 10:58:10 am »
Here we go, this is the game to kick start our sea...ahh why bother, i've been saying this since January 2nd.

1-1.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2017, 11:00:01 am »
how come its so late

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2017, 11:19:08 am »
If we dont win this top four will be a struggle. Sigh, that was being said regarding the league title a month or two ago. Complete implosion.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2017, 11:36:33 am »
We'll beat these. No Mignolet or Can please boss.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2017, 11:43:56 am »
I'm sure we'll turn up for this. Whether we'll have enough about us to win though I don't know.

Online mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2017, 11:49:38 am »
dont go on the 12th please

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2017, 11:52:15 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2017, 11:52:52 am »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2017, 12:04:29 pm »
Shame it isn't on the 12th, we have a good record on my birthday. Hopefully we do similar to what we did to Villa last season around this time and thrash Spurs. ;D

Seriously, though, it's a good thing that we're playing another top four side, we're unbeaten against the top six and we have a good record against Spurs. I think that will continue next week.

Online mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2017, 12:12:50 pm »
pity you werent born on the 11th then

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »
I thought before the Man Utd and Chelsea fixtures they would likely finish draws. We had enough pride to cancel them out but never the squad or belief to win those games. This next game maybe the one where we get a good hiding and Klopp is forced to start again.

Spurs have the lowest goals against record in league, only letting in 16 goals in 24 games. They're never going to catch Chelsea but they're the only ones with half a chance of doing so.  If this fixture was in a month's time the gap between first and second I believe will be wider but for now Pochettino just has to show his players the table.

The motivation of them temporarily going six behind Chelsea next Saturday evening will be us dropping all three points.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 5, 2017, 03:35:05 pm »
Have to win. Simple as that. Have to beat them to revive our season.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25 on: February 5, 2017, 03:45:41 pm »
A great win for our under 23's against Tottenham before. Woodburn as ever impressed would love to see him get a chance sometime.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #26 on: February 5, 2017, 03:46:53 pm »
Back to a game a week. Back to winning ways (please)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 5, 2017, 03:47:40 pm »
Think we've painted ourselves into such a corner here a defeat ends the season. The frustration of having these 'must wins' against the better teams because of losses against the dross is wearing me the fuck down.

1-1 I reckon. wish I could be more positive but it is what it is.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 5, 2017, 03:48:33 pm »
We need to win. A draw isnt good enough.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #29 on: February 5, 2017, 04:04:43 pm »
A little time away is perhaps what the doctor ordered.

I see us putting a performance in

However, what I really want to see is change. Drop Can, for instance. There's players I wanna see again, where is Grujic? I also feel it is time to give Sturridge a few starts.

I am eager to see what Klopp changes, I expect to see a refreshed intensity, and Spurs being on our level, I expect us to take the game to them.

There is plenty to work on, but I think we are a confidence team this season. A win is a perfect confidence booster  :)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 5, 2017, 05:17:26 pm »
Get behind the team, we need to win this at all costs, whatever it takes.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #31 on: February 5, 2017, 05:19:58 pm »
All expectations out the window for the rest of the season now for me, it's less painful that way. If we can somehow turn this wretched run of form around then great, if not then I'll try not to let it ruin my weekends from here until May.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 5, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »
Dear God we need a win in this one.  Klopp has time now to train, coach and devise a plan to win it. I've no idea if he will shake things up but I suspect we'll see the usual set up and most of the team. If that is the case then it HAS to be this....

A keeper (either...no idea what to do here)

Clyne     Matip     Lovren     Milner

Henderson

Lallana                    Wijnaldum

Mane             Firmino               Coutinho

That has been our best eleven and the one which as delivered our best performances. Unless he's going to change shape and go three at the back and/or play two up top, which I doubt, then this has to be the way to go.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »
We have a week to plan Tottenham's downfall. I am confident we will overcome them, getting that first win will be vital, we must then kick on.

You're playing at home, though, and their manager is competent.  I'd expect him to drill them to sit deep and counter on you, frustrate the home crowd and make you over commit.

I'd go with a competent back six with Can and Henderson in midfield to snuff out Eriksen, and play a front four with Origi and Mane, Coutinho in the middle.  Need some serious pace to get at these.

Don't think Klopp can handle another home loss right now, so I'm expecting him to play for a draw.  Final score 2-3.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 5, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »
You're playing at home, though, and their manager is competent.  I'd expect him to drill them to sit deep and counter on you, frustrate the home crowd and make you over commit.

I'd go with a competent back six with Can and Henderson in midfield to snuff out Eriksen, and play a front four with Origi and Mane, Coutinho in the middle.  Need some serious pace to get at these.

Don't think Klopp can handle another home loss right now, so I'm expecting him to play for a draw.  Final score 2-3.

Can't play with Can and Henderson in midfield again, it's one of our problems currently. Wijnaldum has to play along with Hendo and Lallana.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 5, 2017, 05:30:53 pm »
Can't play with Can and Henderson in midfield again, it's one of our problems currently. Wijnaldum has to play along with Hendo and Lallana.

I agree with you, but they are both energetic and can tackle.  Wijnaldum looks like he's gone back to that 1 in 4 player he was at Newcastle, and Lallana is a fantastic player but doesn't seem to do a lot with Coutinho dropping deep to do the same job.

Think you beat Spurs by pushing the ball to the flanks and turning their centre-halves with some pace, they've been very solid and tend to counter in a direct way.  Don't see any benefit for them to come out playing like they are at home.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #36 on: February 5, 2017, 05:31:56 pm »
Yeah, nothing other than a win will do here. This has to stop somewhere, it just has to. I refuse to believe that the sole reason for our shit form is that these players are burned out and tired. They're still putting in shifts but it just seems as though the form of many of these players has gone off a cliff. When you've got a defense that concedes from the opposition's first corner kick and Coutinho shooting wide from 6 yards the center of the goal, you know you've got problems other than fatigue.

But it's just very hard to see though. Yes, we have a fantastic record against top 6 sides and even though we put in much improved performances which got us results against both United and Chelsea in this awful run we're in, we really didn't play particularly all that well in those two games. We're not very good when teams press us, and Spurs are at the top of their game right now and will do just that. If Can starts once again while our midfield looks about as quick as the QE2, than Klopp will rightly be in for all the criticism he'll get.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 5, 2017, 05:33:33 pm »
I think we will turn up, im more concerned about the Leicester game

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #38 on: February 5, 2017, 05:33:44 pm »
Do or die.

We did this to ourselves and now it's time to win or pack our shit and go home.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #39 on: February 5, 2017, 05:33:54 pm »
Football can fuck off until next Friday , then I'll probably convince myself that everything could be ok again by Saturday evening ....that's my tactic for dealing with football in 2017 thus far ....granted my approach hasn't proved to work as yet but with each week that passes, im one week nearer to the summer break and then I will have a total rebirth in my love for the game