Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 1 - (Luiz 24' Gini 57')  (Read 48432 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 1 - (Luiz 24' Gini 57')
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:34 pm »
Played well.  Could've walked away with 3 points.

The thing stuck in my head right now: Mark Clattenburg. What a c*nt of a performance.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »
Shite result, but positives are that we have Mane, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino back in the team. There's no pressure of title talk now, that's over. But hopefully we can bring back that freedom from early in the season and solidify a Top 4 place for next season. Nothing else left to do this season, not many games left, so no real excuses to be honest. Well, unless we get hamstrung by injuries again, but hopefully that doesn't happen.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:47 pm »
Once we get the Hull game out of the way, we'll see a big improvement in our performances.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:53 pm »
We looked so fragile tonight, hopefully the result lifts our spirits but we need to do a lot of work.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:01 pm »
Said it before that Mignolet is a great reaction save goalie but switches off way too many times . He will never change so he needs to move on.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:14 pm »
Clattenburg thinks the game is about him. Awful decision to give a free kick. It was a good free kick, Mignolet was asleep, but fucking hell.

Could have gone either way after that so draw isn't bad given how bad our run has been. Chelsea's league to lose, as it has been for some time.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:20 pm »
We still have a slim chance of the title and we're still very much in the race for top four, which was the aim at the start of the season and which is something we all would have taken in August. I can see us finishing anywhere between first and third.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:25 pm »
Clattenburg has a stinker tonight? There was even a throw in second half when Moses threw it like a 4 yr old kid with one leg in the air and the officials missed it. No doubt SYPs finest would say it was due to the angles or some such bollocks. It was almost as if Clattenberg realised 2nd half that Hazard was a diving cheat, so the other one took over. Costa was throwing himself shamelessly. I think everyone in the ground ( and onTV) thought he was going to book Costa for the dive when he pointed to the spot.
If he is the best in the world...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:35 pm »
Disappointing result and frustrating first half, but that was an improvement for sure. Too late for us to win anything now, but we should be putting in good performances for the rest of the season with our first eleven starting.

Thought the ref had a very poor game. Not making an excuse here, just an observation.

Kante is one hell of a player.

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:37 pm »
hazard is surely world class, and possibly the best in the world, in buying a free kick....  :no :no
and costa got what he deserved, missing the penalty which he got by diving.

too bad coutinho is not back in his great form pre-injury yet, when that moment arrives, plus mane being back with the team, we will be unstoppable again, hopefully that won't be too late.....

milner's fatigue and lovren's carelessness is worrying me, well at least we only have 3 games a month on average from now on so the fatigue thing is not so severe, but the lapse of concentration and carelessness of our defence in general, is still making me nervous more often that i would have liked.....

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:46 pm »
Gini is a little bit sad :(
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:53 pm »
Redemption from Mignolet. Green shoots of recovery, plus we've given other teams some pointers in how to get something from Chelsea.

Oh and January can fucking do one :wave

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2017, 10:04:57 pm »
Encouraging signs that we are on the way back up.

I thought Matip looked uncharacterstically shaky at times, and we looked pretty knackered towards the end. Firmino could have bagged a couple but he's got enough credit in the bank to avoid any criticism tonight.

Mignolet showing his Jekyll and Hyde character again and Hazard reminding us why he is so unpopular despite his many talents (how fitting they got a penalty after he came off...).

Good to see Mane back and we are almost at full strength again now.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:00 pm »
Chelsea definitely going to win the league now aren't they.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:01 pm »
January 2017 turns out to be a worse month than November 1995 and December 2002. Never thought it possible.

Good second half fightback but we're struggling to create clear goal scoring chances.

Frustrating result, but in truth we didn't deserve the win given such poor performances from the likes of Firmino, Lovren, Matip. Coutinho wasn't great either, was he?
Mignolet is so erratic.  Can we just bring him on for pens in the future?  It's not like our subs ever do much anyway.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Full time Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:01 pm »
Nah if we beat them then yeah we'd have had a chance but it's done and dusted IMO.

Well, I guess we'll just have to disagree.

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:06 pm »
Good point, considering Matip and Lovren both had a shocker and that our passing was really rushed and poor.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:13 pm »
Fought hard and Bobby probably should've won it for us. Bit worrying how at the moment Clyne is our only defender who isnt a nervous wreck.

Centre backs weren't great - the thing is our system puts them under pressure. They're asked to push up a lot and if you're playing an aggressive, athletic team like chelsea they're going to be under pressure.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:23 pm »
I get the feeling that we've just been deflated over the last month. The team never looked like they believed they could score the winner.

Offline RedRaj

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »
Similar to the City game, and had we had a competent referee (free kick my arse!), it would have finished the same result as that game. Matip was really poor, as was young Bobby, but as a team we were much better.

The less said about Steve f*cking McManaman the better. I'd happily pay an extra monthly fee to BT just to have him banged up in jail for all our games so there's no chance of his drivel being picked up by any microphone. Never heard anyone talk so much sh*t in my life. What is it about ex Liverpool players that makes them such imprudent and half-witted commentators/pundits?

That's why I will always love Phil Thompson, God and Stevie....

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:29 pm »
Glad Jan is over. Draw was a fair result.

MOTM Clattenburg made himself the star of the show.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »
Wish we had Kante.  He's a fucking beast.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:33 pm »
Good point in the end, just didn't have enough quality in our play to get a second goal.

Awful from Clattenburg for the Chelsea pen, didn't even need a replay to see it was a blatant dive. Props to Mignolet for saving the pen but what on earth was he doing for their freekick goal, awful keeping. I would start Karius for the rest of the season.

:)
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:35 pm »
Clattenburg has a stinker tonight? There was even a throw in second half when Moses threw it like a 4 yr old kid with one leg in the air and the officials missed it. No doubt SYPs finest would say it was due to the angles or some such bollocks. It was almost as if Clattenberg realised 2nd half that Hazard was a diving cheat, so the other one took over. Costa was throwing himself shamelessly. I think everyone in the ground ( and onTV) thought he was going to book Costa for the dive when he pointed to the spot.
If he is the best in the world...

Well BT sport thought it was a definate pen no question, and then resumed there massive wank session over Chelsea

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:35 pm »
Good second half. Thought most players played well, but very frustrated by Firmino, Can and Lovren. Firmino really needs to score at least one of his chances. The header at the end of the game could have changed our season. Can is just so careless. And Lovren was saved by Migs, because his mistake leading up to the penalty was criminal.

A draw probably means it's unlikely we'll challenge for the title. If we get back to winning again, we might be a bit closer in a month or two. If we play like this we have a good chance to win most of our remaining games.

Also, what is with the commentators on BT Sport? The penalty situation with Milner (clearly not a pen), they asked Howard Webb what he thought, to which he answered: "Much like the free kick in the first half, no foul". The commentator then goes "well, that's one for Chelsea and one for Liverpool then." No it clearly fucking isn't, since theirs was given and they scored on it.   :wanker

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:38 pm »
I loved Klopp getting in the fourth official's face after the penalty miss. I'm all for "respect the referees" but that's equivalent to "respect shit" recently. They're consistently making "honest mistakes" and swinging games on their own. That's in many matches, not just Liverpool's. They're fucking atrocious
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:39 pm »
They were for the taking in second half, atleast we stopped the rot. Good save from SM redeemed himself.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:43 pm »
Shite result, but positives are that we have Mane, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino back in the team. There's no pressure of title talk now, that's over. But hopefully we can bring back that freedom from early in the season and solidify a Top 4 place for next season. Nothing else left to do this season, not many games left, so no real excuses to be honest. Well, unless we get hamstrung by injuries again, but hopefully that doesn't happen.
I don't think we're out of this race still lol never say never. You think they won't drop points? Lol they most definitely will, I think we're done with our bad spell, they'll have one. Call me mad, but I still believe. You gotta have hope Red.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:44 pm »
We looked so fragile tonight, hopefully the result lifts our spirits but we need to do a lot of work.

It was a good result against the best side and still no top 6 side has beaten us. Plus all our top players are coming back.

We cannot criticise the team too much tonight.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:45 pm »
Sorry buy why the fuck was this a decent result, good point etc? Because it was against Chelsea? We were at home and we should have won. A win would have made a huge difference, now City and Utd may get even closer to us.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:54 pm »
Origi should have been on much earlier.

Much better second half till we started dallying after scoring . .. had em on the rack and we let em off the hook.

Oh well, 15 wins = 45 points + 46 = 91  8)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:59 pm »
I actually shouted "we scored, we scored" when that header went in, was fully expecting another loss to be honest.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:02 pm »

true if they lost tonight to be honest.
they give you absolutely nothing - we did really well to come back once they'd hit the front

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:08 pm »
Good to hear the Diego Costa elephant man get another airing, and we drowned out their Gerrard chants completely.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:14 pm »
Decent, encouraging performance. Great to see that response particularly against the best team in the league.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:24 pm »
Good point, considering Matip and Lovren both had a shocker and that our passing was really rushed and poor.
Can was no better.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:27 pm »

They probably will, but we still might. I think February and March will be much better for us.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:33 pm »
Moses is a rat isn't he? He was fucking terrible when he was at us and now he's some sort of world beater? Fuck off Moses.
;D made me laugh that.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
Crap performance and anyone blaming the officials because we lacked a game plan and creativity to  beat Chelsea can piss off. Go on I dare you to hide behind the façade that the reason we didn't win tonight was because of shit officiating. I dare you. No it was because we were shit.
I think you're on the wrong site.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Full time Liverpool 1 - 1 Chelsea
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:36 pm »
Matip had a shocker tonight with the pen and some of his passing, looked rusty after the Afcon mess about.

Actually I thought Matip did really well and didn't give Costa a chance. Maybe one misjudged header and gave away a penalty that really wasn't.

I thought Milner did well too until the last 10mins when he was totally knackered. Only one of Chelsea chances came from the right where Pedro mis-controlled and got tackled by Henderson.