Author Topic: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.  (Read 37364 times)

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Need a fast start tomorrow something we have not had for a while. I was brought up on those fast starts of the seventies and onwards where we blitz and battered the opposition not allowing them any time to settle into the game. I do feel we tend to be rather cautious of late in our approach to the early stages of a game not sure why maybe confidence comes into it.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2017, 08:48:52 pm »
Just watched the press conference and I'm sad as fuck that Jurgen has to say these things. Questioning his position, even flippantly, just shows how shit the support has been over the last few weeks.

“I cannot change. It’s important we build on the good things and that’s how life should be.
“You will struggle to be a bad person if you do this.
“We must go for the best position possible in the Premier League, or should we say we failed again and next season we try with different players, different manager? I really think we should try everything to make the best of the base we made until now.
“Stay positive, there’s no reason for anything else. In the short-term, it will help a lot against Chelsea.”

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »
Ha, we would have got these at Home had we beat Wolves  ;D

Yet again, another awful awful draw...as bad as it gets.

"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »
Just watched the press conference and I'm sad as fuck that Jurgen has to say these things. Questioning his position, even flippantly, just shows how shit the support has been over the last few weeks.

“I cannot change. It’s important we build on the good things and that’s how life should be.
“We must go for the best position possible in the Premier League, or should we say we failed again and next season we try with different players, different manager? I really think we should try everything to make the best of the base we made until now.
“Stay positive, there’s no reason for anything else. In the short-term, it will help a lot against Chelsea.”

If the knives are out on Klopp then I will seriously give up on not only my beloved club but football altogether. Even remotely questioning his position is just ridiculously sad.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »
If the knives are out on Klopp then I will seriously give up on not only my beloved club but football altogether. Even remotely questioning his position is just ridiculously sad.

I was thinking exactly the same ...Football is already saturated with twats , let them have the fucking game if that happens ....Some of the shit I've heard from 'alleged 'lfc' fans these last few days is embarrassing ....Fucking arseholes

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2017, 09:11:13 pm »
I was thinking exactly the same ...Football is already saturated with twats , let them have the fucking game if that happens ....Some of the shit I've heard from 'alleged 'lfc' fans these last few days is embarrassing ....Fucking arseholes

I think these so called fans are the loud minority. Those of us not spamming social media after a loss are the silent majority... IMO! Klopp is here to stay. Believe in him 100%.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »

There's been plenty of it about this last week or so mate.  Sure it's mainly social media twats but that's where the media pick up on it from, then the questioning of everything he does starts. 

Of course in this game, results matter and until ours improve to our pre January games it'll continue.  How long that takes will decide how destructive the comments will turn out to be.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:35 pm »
We will win tomorrow.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:14 pm »
Our recent slump has been mainly down to our opponents working out how to beat us - just like Burnley did at the start of the season, if you pack the box, pack the midfield, force us wide and hit us on the counter when we inevitably have everyone forward more or less, you'll get some joy if you do it well. Swansea beat us with their 3 chances in that game. Southampton killed us on the counter attack at Anfield and Wolves scored that counter attack goal to make it 2.

While this has been incredibly frustrating due to exceeded expectations after our phenomenal start, it would happen eventually. What's been worrying for me is that nothing's been done counter act it. No plan B. No fresh ideas (although 3 at the back vs Wolves in the second half was a change) and no real spark to, shall I say, f*ck shit up again.

This is Conte, not Mourinho thankfully, and the park the bus and hit on the counter game plan which has worked so well for teams against us this month (and for Mourinho) will hopefully not be in action tomorrow, and Chelsea will sense weakness, try to play against us, and we can have a bit more space to play again. Although, seeing how we've been playing for the past 6 weeks, it'll be 769 touches by Emre Can and then eventually play a nice safe pass back to Big Klav.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »
Tonight I shall pray to the football gods that we can beat this bunch of wankers tomorrow.  A hammering would be even better mind but I'm not greedy and if it's a scruffy, jammy, horrible win so be it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:35 pm »

Hadn't heard these, bring on the plastic twats.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2017, 11:15:51 pm »

There is no Liverpool supporter in their right mind who would "have the knife out for Klopp etc". Now, on the other hand there is practically a limitless less supply of idiots on social media and forums who are incapable of reflection and only capable of knee jerk shite ... and they are manna from heaven for  some of the media who can only think in terms of extremes etc  ... there you have it.
Personally I have no doubt that Klopp still thinks of winning this thing this season and a lot of what is asked and said in these conferences is just blather. watch us go tomorrow and watch the crowd go ape if we get into a right battle ...

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:05 pm »

Know exactly how you feel. A certain element of our fan base have acted like complete c*nts over the past three weeks.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »
I fully expect us to win tomorrow and I can see a big hiding coming Chelsea's way. We will win 3-0 the Problem is that in a typically Liverpool fashion we will then go on to get beat by Hull at the weekend :D

In all serious, we all need to get behind the team and get behind the manager tomorrow, it's been a disappointing week and a disappointing January, so let's put it all behind us starting with 3 points tomorrow.

There is still a lot of footy to be played yet.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:40 am »

Won't happen but I'd be with you
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2017, 12:07:25 am »
Interesting video I came across about the history of LFC... https://youtu.be/Qa1-8HHobk8

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2017, 12:33:05 am »
Let's smash this horrible excuse for a club/fans/owner.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2017, 12:49:50 am »
Get back to our winning system. Firmino upfront, Coutinho and Origi/Mane out wide of him. Lallana Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield. Can's been woeful recently. Matip at the back.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2017, 12:50:39 am »
I'd love it if he started but I just can't see it. Especially the plane being delayed. Maybe if he'd been involved in the session today.

Looking at injuries and who normally starts in the games against the big teams I think the team pretty much picks itself to be honest:
Mignolet, TAA, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Hendo, Can, Gini, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho,

Sick of seeing Lallana in the front 3, plays so much better in the midfield 3.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2017, 12:52:49 am »
We will win tomorrow.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:32 am »

Yep, I get that we're trying reproduce goals from somewhere, but Lallana has scored the majority of goals for us from midfield. He's much more of a threat coming in to the box late and in this way, we have more control in midfield.

This does seem like one of those "must win" games - we lose this and we could find ourselves out of the top 4.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2017, 02:48:03 am »

Yeah, but I think the Sturridge starting experiment is over for the time being and I can only see a front 3 of Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino tomorrow. Klopp will want all of Can, Hendo and Gini in midfield I think. Let's hope one of them puts in a big game performance.
YWNA

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2017, 05:32:52 am »
If we lose tonight that means we're not winning a title we never in any discussion of contending for before the start of the season. There's still plenty of games left to come forth without clinching three points today. On the other hand, if we were to crush Chelsea that same feeling next week that we don't have it in us to get past Hull will still be present. It's going to take more than one good result to get us out this slump.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2017, 06:13:34 am »
Very good predictions from Moeen Ali on the BBC site.  ;D

Offline redboxingyeti

• Main Stander
  • Jurgen Believer
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2017, 08:00:44 am »
I obviously want us to win for multiple reasons, but one of the main ones is to shut those fuckers up in the press, TV, radio etc who have done nothing but gloat in our recent downturn of form...
The amount of shite spewed by people who should know better has been unbelievable - for example, the temerity of Shearer having a go at us for fielding a weakened team in the cup - despite many others doing so, none more so than his beloved 'Toon. As we all know, the press seem to have an agenda against Liverpool and to see those smug wankers faces and words the past few weeks has been sickening.

Oh, how I would love it if tonight we absolutely batter those plastic fuckers, fucking humiliate them.....

That said, I'd settle for a 95th minute winner off Costa's face

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2017, 08:06:25 am »
Not too confident.

Hope we can scrap a win here.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2017, 08:06:52 am »
Very good predictions from Moeen Ali on the BBC site.  ;D

Reds to win, Utd and the Bitters to get beat, good lad is Moeen  ;D

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2017, 08:17:13 am »
These c*nts think they have the title in the bag. Let's show them otherwise!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:45 am »
I fuckin love Klopp. Fuck the doubters and the negative. Lets stay positive and get Anfield absolutely bouncing.

Win this game and we're right back on track. Come on redmen!!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2017, 08:19:20 am »

Or you show that it's not just wrong but short-sighted and moronic to even think like that. Why give up and let a few idiots in the media or even our own fan base get heard with nonsense like this the most.

Let's say we start in here with exactly that.

For the match thiugh. Nervous and excited like fuck. Can't wait.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2017, 08:22:57 am »
Difficult game but a win is not completely implausible. If we play like we know how good we can play, then we will come away with all 3 points

Go for it lads as you know you can!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2017, 09:28:07 am »
Please fucking win! Imagine it.

Hope Anfield is loud and proud tonight in supporting the team and the manager. They need it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2017, 09:28:48 am »
Bookies have us as Favourites tonight.  Good to see.

Can't wait for 6pm so I can fuck work off and head up to the ground.  Should be far less day trippers there tonight than the last few games and should be a cracker.

The rest of the season starts here boys!!

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:48 am »
Because of the last 3 results the game takes on more importance. It's a shame we have to play in the midst of such a bad run of form, however we have enough in the tank to beat them although to do that requires everyone to be on form not just one or two.
Not sure how we will set up but what ever side is put out we need a really fast start up em and at them, and hopefully an early goal to put them on the back foot.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:30 am »

Amen.
Incredible that there are questions about Klopp. We've lost one league game. Southampton are clearly a bogey team at present.
We have a great chance to get top four in an extremely difficult league.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:48 am »

It's just so tough for him in this system to play in the front line. He's pushed up against full backs who are quicker than him, he's starting out wide and he wants to affect the game centrally etc etc

Still think he might go with a Lallana - Can - Henderson midfield tonight.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:30 am »
Bookies have us as Favourites tonight.  Good to see.

Can't wait for 6pm so I can fuck work off and head up to the ground.  Should be far less day trippers there tonight than the last few games and should be a cracker.

The rest of the season starts here boys!!
Well said Pete. Can't wait either. Gird the loins with a Shankly pie, lubricate the vocal chords with a few pints and in the ground to see us get this train back on the rails.

Come on you mighty Reds! Lets twat this thatcherite scum.

Offline 4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2017, 10:27:37 am »
Really hope we see Lallana in the midfield three tonight, preferably without Can in there.

Little bit wary of all the expectations being placed on Mane as well.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:27 am »
Think we will see Lallana front 3 but not getting forward much and used to cover and track back for TAA. I know everyone loves the lad but don't think he has been useful attacking or defending and I'm aware he's young etc, just see Chelsea attacking him all game. We just need to switch on from minute one, if they score early and sit back I can't see us getting anything
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Tatarunas

• Main Stander
  • Bring Them Cups Home
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2017, 10:36:54 am »
Having just broken up with the girlfriend all I need is some Liverpool love. These boys in red can put my life back on track. I'd love to see one of those crazy nail biting games where you are rapidly getting bald during the match, holding your breath having one goal lead until the last minute.

We can do it. We are Liverpool. Klopp is the man. Believe. Support!

Costa 0-1 '07
Hazard 0-2 '14
Coutinho 1-2 '23
Coutinho 2-2 '27
Costa 2-3 '46
Firmino 3-3 '76
Lallana 4-3 '84

We are Liverpool shalalalala