Author Topic: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.  (Read 37355 times)

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:41 pm »
What game were you watching?
Was thinking that myself mate, wondered why Martial hasn't been playing for United, must still be in TAA's pocket.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2017, 03:18:05 pm »
Anyone going to this one, put the last week few weeks of disappointments behind you and make every c*nt not there jealous with the noise. This shitty run of form has to end somewhere.
I just hope we don't give away stupid fouls or corners early on its pretty obvious that will be a huge part of their game plan to get set pieces.  My brother in law is a proper geezer I've had to listen to the Chelsea bellend bang on all weekend about how there's no way we'll cope with Costa aerially.
We need a huge MOTM performance from Lovren I think. He's capable of it. He's physically a match for most people, he just has to make sure he's a yard sharper in his head for this one

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2017, 03:18:55 pm »
Take Hazard out at source and we'll stand a chance.  If they defend deep and he breaks on us we'll be in trouble.  He's a horrible bastard who wins cheap free kicks at rhe best of times. Hit him early, as far from our goal as possible and give him genuine reasons to moan.

Definitely a game to up or cynicism levels.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2017, 03:19:13 pm »
It's nit picking.

;D

How dare you judge his intellect?  ;D

Just listened to Kloppo's presser, and he absolutely nailed it, around 7th minute, pleading with everyone to stay positive and that bitching and moaning and bedwetting doesnt help.

It makes you think that either the shithouses whining about pretty much everything never actually listen to the boss, or they are just a bunch of miserable twats, whose lives would probably be even more miserable if they had nothing to complain about.

I am confident of a win tomorrow, even more so because of our recent results, we are like the wounded animal now, if you will.

Lets fuckin twat these plastic c*nts!

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2017, 03:22:32 pm »
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2017, 03:23:21 pm »
Lets win this one lads......time to get a move on out of this slump.

We've been hit hard recently and I'm sure klopp and the players will be dying to get a result here. Gotta win but absolutely must not lose

Whoever is on the pitch cannot be timid.....we need to show aggression and not get wound up by Chelsea tactics...win the fucking game redmen, remember our home was a fortress for a year, we need to make it one again!

We had a shit week, its done. Lets fucking step it up now

2-0 reds - nervy 1-0 until 80+ mins and we'll score the 2nd
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline cress

• Main Stander
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2017, 03:34:22 pm »
As hard as this month has been performance wise I am not too worried. We are much better already than last season. Improving year on year. With Klopps goal to win the league in 3 seasons. This is his first full season. Give him 2 more and we will reach the summit. If we get top 4 that will increase the talent pool open to us this summer which could bring the project forward a year. Win, draw or lose tomorrow, I just want us to get back performing. Bring back the confidence and belief in the tactics which made us so formidable Pre January.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2017, 03:51:36 pm »
Going into this with no expectations at all. A few decent attempts on goal would good. Would be nice if we could be the ones to derail their season for a change rather than the reverse though.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »
Perfect game to reignite the campaign !!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2017, 04:05:42 pm »
Bobby's court appearance has been moved for twenty four hours.
Thats good to hear although I doubt it would have affected the match anyway.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »
Expecting to see this lineup.

Migs
Clyne (if fit) Matip Lovren Milner
Hendo
Lallana Can
Firmino Origi Coutinho

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2017, 04:48:23 pm »
If Clyne isn't fit I'd play Milner at RB and Moreno on the left-side. Alonso is a very good attacking fullback and it'd be a huge ask for Alexander-Arnold to keep him quiet.

Moreno will struggle himself. I'd just give Clyne an injection and tell him to get on with it, he can have his rest against Hull or when we have a two week break after Spurs. Or we go 3-4-3 with Milner/Moreno wing backs, that's the only solution.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
Was thinking that myself mate, wondered why Martial hasn't been playing for United, must still be in TAA's pocket.

Proper deluded, TAA got beaten time and time again, it required a five man job to try and protect him which knackered our midfield in the process and it cost us at the end of the game. Had to be babysat all day. It's not the game to play him, especially if they start overloading him down the sides. Redmond and Bertrand were destroying him at will last week, Hazard and Alonso is a 3x upgrade.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2017, 05:00:49 pm »
Nice one HK for that OP.

Firstly i think we should start Mané.
The rest of the side for me picks itself with Clyne extremely doubtful & TAA protected this weekend.

Migs
TAA  Matip  Lovren Milner
              Hendo
        Lallana  Gio
   Mané              Phil
             Firmino

Bob simply has to start central too.
Bring it you shower of plastic twats.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:27 pm »
Expecting to see this lineup.

Migs
Clyne (if fit) Matip Lovren Milner
Hendo
Lallana Can
Firmino Origi Coutinho

Bobby needs to play down the middle

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2017, 05:45:39 pm »
With Trent looking like he's going to play, I can see Klopp possibly playing Lallana on the right of the front three(I'd rather him play in midfield). And be asked to track back and help the young lad out when we haven't got the ball. Which means Can will probably start in midfield. Which is something I'd rather not happen as well given his current form. Just hope he plays well for a change, instead of stinking the place out.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2017, 05:47:10 pm »
Bobby needs to play down the middle

yup time to get the piston back in the engine, don't know what we do with the other forward position but Firmino has to be central.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2017, 06:17:01 pm »
Play Firmino centrally

Lallana in midfield

And get someone right side if Mane can't play
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2017, 06:21:04 pm »
Play Firmino centrally

Lallana in midfield

And get someone right side if Mane can't play

That's been the problem though hasnt it, we've been putting players out there who can't even play that well out there, destroying the balance completely.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »
That's been the problem though hasnt it, we've been putting players out there who can't even play that well out there, destroying the balance completely.

It's fucking annoying.

Not sure what option we have ???
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:50 pm »
Tottenham did it with ease and so can we. The Tottenham game in particular showed that the Chelsea midfielders can't deal with being pressed and hopefully that will play into our hands.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 pm »
Moreno will struggle himself. I'd just give Clyne an injection and tell him to get on with it, he can have his rest against Hull or when we have a two week break after Spurs. Or we go 3-4-3 with Milner/Moreno wing backs, that's the only solution.
Proper not arsed mate.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2017, 06:58:02 pm »
Which means Can will probably start in midfield. Which is something I'd rather not happen as well given his current form. Just hope he plays well for a change, instead of stinking the place out.
Like when he was our best player against Man United the other week?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:52 pm »
Really hope Mane can start, that way we have our best front 3 back and Lallana in midfield. It's been too long

Offline Sausageberg

• Kemlynite
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »
If the Tottenham game taught the Premier League anything, then it is that in order to beat Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation, you need to have your fullbacks pushed up around Chelsea's area. When you play with a three man defence, you will always be vulnerable down the flanks as your wingers will have to handle both the opposing winger and fullback. This was not only evident in Chelsea's game against Tottenham, but was also the case when Liverpool employed a three man back against Arsenal a couple of years ago and lost 4-1.

Thus, if Clyne is anywhere near ready to start, then he should definitely be given the nod. If not, then Moreno should come in and make way for Milner playing RB.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:10:09 pm by Sausageberg »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:49 pm »
Like when he was our best player against Man United the other week?

He did well that night. Not my MOTM though(Lovren was for me). He's stunk the place out since. Needs to regain some form quickly.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
Needs to regain some form quickly.
It goes for our entire team to be honest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »
It goes for our entire team to be honest.

Not to even remotely the same extent mate, he's been absolutely dreadful recently.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2017, 07:31:26 pm »
Ha, we would have got these at Home had we beat Wolves  ;D

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2017, 07:33:09 pm »
Some tricky decisions for Klopp to make here, not least the approach and whether he wants the game to be played in Chelsea's half or whether he wants us to control space more in the vein of the City match a few weeks ago.

In theory, I think there's a lot going for the latter. For a start, City more or less played the same shape in that game - at least in possession - as Chelsea do. Zabaleta tucked in to make a back three (like Chelsea play), Sterling held his position wide on the right (like Moses), with Kolarov pushing up on the left (like Alonso). Toure and Fernandinho played as a two man central midfield (like Matic and Kante), Silva and De Bruyne operated in the half spaces (like Pedro and Hazard) behind a lone forward, Aguero (Costa). If we look to that game as our last good performance, at least in terms of our defensive solidity, we may well see a similar setup here - a 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 with a v-shaped midfield five, Henderson at the deepest point and the two wide forwards at the top two points pinching in to block the passes through to Hazard and Pedro.

The problem with that would be how it affects our attack and if we end up falling too far back, or if Chelsea start finding success wide and/or in the channels then we may end up becoming 'broken' in two, especially if we start with Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum, which has the potential of becoming a flat three rather than a '1-2' if Can and Wijnaldum drop off to cover the space around Henderson. If the attacking three subsequently drop back to close the space between them and the midfield, then it will become very difficult for us to score, apart from moments of isolated pressing. As such, if it's a choice between Firmino starting in his preferred central position or Lallana starting in his (which it may well be if Mane's not ready to start) then I think Lallana's pressing and runs make him more important if we want to retain some measure of attacking threat, especially if we elect to control space.

Bizarre scapegoating ignored, I'd be very surprised if Emre Can doesn't start, especially given Chelsea's combination play between the lines and it's possible Origi plays up front, especially if we opt to use long balls to catch Chelsea out, like we tried to do against City at times. If Firmino does start up front with Lallana wide, then it will be extra important for the back line to compress space, with the full backs in position to close down the wing backs while play is being switched to their side and the other three defenders shifting across quickly so the midfield doesn't have to fall back too far (which would isolate our attack).

It will obviously be a difficult game, especially given that Chelsea, unlike City, Arsenal or even Tottenham to a certain extent, are very fluid and very comfortable dropping into a low block and killing the space, something we've struggled against recently. That gives them an extra option if the game isn't going their way and will make it harder for us. Ideally, I think we'd want the game to be played in the middle of the pitch, giving us a little more space to play into on the counter but not falling too deep that we cede territory and struggle to get out. That makes it about our ability to stay balanced and compress space well, which is a difficult thing to do but at least something we've done before.

If we play well, I don't think a win is off the cards. If Chelsea get going (and we allow them to), then it will be a routine job for them. I just hope we find the balance.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
Has Jurgen looked into Sadio's eyes yet?

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2017, 07:34:09 pm »
We need a big performance off the pitch as well as on it tomorrow. Better teams than these have been intimidated coming to Anfield and we've carried far worse teams than our current one to victories. Loud, hostile and demanding vicory- make their players and the referees job impossible- make sure they fucking give us a penalty if we are fouled in the box ffs!

Would also love one of our players to put a really massive tackle in early on one of them, set the tone that we aren't fucking about. Preferably on Hazard or Costa, try and smash one of them and see if they are up for a fight. These may be coming thinking of accepting a draw, make it clear early they are our 3 points and they won't be getting near them.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2017, 07:34:42 pm »
Has Jurgen looked into Sadio's eyes yet?

To see who can blink first?
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline lclettin

• Main Stander
  • Love don't hate
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2017, 07:47:47 pm »
Nervous about tomorrow but got a good feeling we will win.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2017, 07:57:37 pm »
He did well that night. Not my MOTM though(Lovren was for me). He's stunk the place out since. Needs to regain some form quickly.
Just like Lovren then (who incidentally, despite his good second half performance against United, was the main player culpable for Pogba and Mkhitarayan's chances in the first half).

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2017, 08:04:41 pm »
No doubts Emre will play tomorrow, he's a big game man. Was decent v Southampton too. Cant wait for this, love twatting these c*nts though a point to stop the rot wouldnt be the worst result. As long as its followed up with a win at Hull anyway.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »
I am never really concerned about big games but i am a bit about this one. Players not fully fit, out of form, confidence low and a very dangerous counter attacking and set piece opponent.

I think we will win but its going to be very tough. A loss will be devestating.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »
Some tricky decisions for Klopp to make here.....

Lovely, well thought out post. Thanks.

Offline Klippity

• Kemlynite
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2017, 08:37:05 pm »
Ha, we would have got these at Home had we beat Wolves  ;D

really?
you think the FA decided on the complete next round of ball numbers before the matches were played

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »
Really hope Mane can start, that way we have our best front 3 back and Lallana in midfield. It's been too long

I'd love it if he started but I just can't see it. Especially the plane being delayed. Maybe if he'd been involved in the session today.

Looking at injuries and who normally starts in the games against the big teams I think the team pretty much picks itself to be honest:
Mignolet, TAA, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Hendo, Can, Gini, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho,
YWNA