Author Topic: Post Secret  (Read 75476 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Post Secret
« on: November 7, 2007, 11:18:37 pm »
Stay with me, now.

Post Secret is an ongoing community art project, where people decorate their own blank postcards and write one secret on the postcard and mail it in to, you know, Post Secret Central. Here's a quote from the wiki entry.

"The simple concept of the project was that completely anonymous people decorate a postcard and portray a secret that they had never previously revealed. No restrictions were (or are) made on the content of the secret; only that it must be completely truthful and must never have been spoken before. Restrictions are, however made on how the secret can be shared once they have become the property of Postsecret, there website has the following legal notice: "(long chunks of legal crap)" Entries range from admissions of sexual misconduct and criminal activity to confessions of secret desires, embarrassing habits, hopes and dreams.

I presume they don't allow you to name names, but some of the secrets are just knock you out cold stuff, and more are just very sweet.

Anyway, it's a very cool thing and you should all send in secrets, or simply marvel at everyone else's. Apparently, they don't archive stuff but people do up 'best of's on youtube. Here's one.

« Last Edit: November 7, 2007, 11:22:51 pm by corkboy »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Post Secret
« Reply #1 on: November 8, 2007, 05:24:06 am »
First time I saw the site was about 2 years ago (might be more, actually) and see it pop up now and then.

I quite like the site.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline dante

• Friends wanted: apply within
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2007, 11:15:39 am »
:o
that spider one ...

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2007, 12:00:13 pm »
This is the main website address.

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2007, 12:23:22 pm »
Great site.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2007, 01:40:16 pm »
A la Amazon ... if you like that, you might also like this.

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #6 on: November 8, 2007, 09:39:27 pm »
Never heard of this before but spent a very enjoyable twenty minutes or so going through some, thank you.

"Sometimes we put up walls. Not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to knock them down" suddenly hit home. I could have written that, but I've only just realised.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #7 on: November 8, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »
Looking through that website I could probably write about 20.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #8 on: November 8, 2007, 09:53:29 pm »
Looking through that website I could probably write about 20.

Remember, you have to make a bit of an effort with the design/decoration, too.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #9 on: November 8, 2007, 10:00:05 pm »
Remember, you have to make a bit of an effort with the design/decoration, too.

I probably wouldn't anyway, but I generally like a bit of design work.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 11:42:22 pm »
Little bump for this week's offerings. Some good stuff in there.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 11:46:49 pm »

i know it's not the idea but this one made me laugh.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 11:49:08 pm »
i know it's not the idea but this one made me laugh.

Nobody said they couldn't be funny.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 11:50:15 pm »
Nobody said they couldn't be funny.

Yes but it's hardly a comedy website, and it's probably not the intention for people to pick out the amusing ones.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:40 pm »
Yes but it's hardly a comedy website, and it's probably not the intention for people to pick out the amusing ones.

Screw that. It's art. You get what you want out of it.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 08:36:51 pm »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 08:41:27 pm »
The Guardian have one in the Saturday magazine every week.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42:57 pm »
Fucking love this website. Checked it every week for a good year now.
I think the guy behind it has said a few times he purposely picks out a few comedy ones.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »
The Guardian have one in the Saturday magazine every week.

And in the Observer mag, too.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 10:03:07 pm »
The secret that stood out most for me was:

'I regret every descision I ever made except for my abortion'
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 02:21:15 pm »

Offline cymrococh

• Kemlynite
  • OOFer
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 02:44:52 pm »
The secret that stood out most for me was:

'I regret every descision I ever made except for my abortion'
some of them definitely are drama queens.
Who's afraid of Virginia Wade?

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2008, 10:00:16 pm »

Offline dante

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2008, 10:07:16 pm »
great stuff

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2008, 10:11:58 pm »

Let's make up a secret and make one and see if they publish it.

My husband refuses to give me oral sex, so I fart in his face whilst he's sleeping

Something like that.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline dante

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2008, 10:15:24 pm »

My husband refuses to give me oral sex, so I fart in his face whilst he's sleeping

Something like that.

yeah

thats mature 8-)

obviously everyone can lie, but that' s not the point is it?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 5, 2008, 10:27:59 pm »

I submitted a secret to postsecret about my husband not giving me oral sex so I fart in his face whilst he's sleeping, but it was a lie. In fact I was traumatised as a child when I accidently stuck my finger up my ass, and now I can't stop inventing poignant lies for art projects.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 5, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »

I submitted a secret to postsecret about my husband not giving me oral sex so I fart in his face whilst he's sleeping, but it was a lie. In fact I was traumatised as a child when I accidently stuck my finger up my ass, and now I can't stop inventing poignant lies for art projects.

aahhh, so your a girl. Hmmmmm. with 29 posts a day and an uninterested husband, you're obviously a girl time on her hands but scared to do anything with your fingers !
« Last Edit: January 6, 2008, 12:11:34 am by John C »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2008, 12:23:36 am »
aahhh, so your a girl. Hmmmmm. with 29 posts a day and an uninterested husband, you're obviously a girl time on her hands but scared to do anything with your fingers !

hahaha you're dead funny

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2008, 11:01:12 am »
Have seen the site before and I still have an idea locked away for a future project, just need someone to approach me with the right idea to use it.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2008, 11:04:34 am »
yeah

thats mature 8-)

obviously everyone can lie, but that' s not the point is it?

I think the idea is art in its purist form. Not one person is trying to earn any money by sending in secrets. It is a door into everyones creative side.......It is real thinking out of the box stuff, even down to the one where someone has just printed a sentence out from a computer and taped it to a postcard.......Amzing insight into how people feel.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2008, 02:15:02 pm »

Something like that.

Let's not. It's their project, not yours, and they said no lies. You want to make shit up, start your own project.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2008, 03:35:24 pm »
Let's not. It's their project, not yours, and they said no lies. You want to make shit up, start your own project.

Crikey, a little light piss taking in the spirit of Duchamp of a precious, self-regardingly banal and sentimental art project on a football message board shouldn't be seen as an affront against truth or taken seriously squire.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2008, 11:13:39 pm »
Crikey, a little light piss taking in the spirit of Duchamp of a precious, self-regardingly banal and sentimental art project on a football message board shouldn't be seen as an affront against truth or taken seriously squire.

And there was me thinking you were serious. You obviously have a poorly honed sense of Duchamp.

You do have a poor view of the Post secret project, as well, don't you? "Precious, self regardingly banal and sentimental art project". You rather miss the point. The project simply requests content, which is then provided by people, presumably honestly, and for no gain. It seems you think regular people's secrets are "precious, self regardingly banal and sentimental". Which is fine, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I suspect that opinion is more of an observation on you than them.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 7, 2008, 12:44:02 am »
And there was me thinking you were serious. You obviously have a poorly honed sense of Duchamp.

You do have a poor view of the Post secret project, as well, don't you? "Precious, self regardingly banal and sentimental art project". You rather miss the point. The project simply requests content, which is then provided by people, presumably honestly, and for no gain. It seems you think regular people's secrets are "precious, self regardingly banal and sentimental". Which is fine, and you're entitled to your opinion, but I suspect that opinion is more of an observation on you than them.

Naah mate. That line probably sounded good to you when you typed it, but it's not an observation on me, it's an observation on what I said it was. And yes, it's all opinion, and we shouldn't be precious or pompous about opinions on 'art', 'projects', 'postcards' or 'secrets'.

I have a rather fine appreciation of Duchamp and his impish spirit of inversion of art projects and art criticism, he was a fine man.

Sorry to have violated your soul with a joke about this thing, I live in fear of a postsecret fatwa now.  So a thousand humble apologies, enjoy the show :wave

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 7, 2008, 04:55:52 pm »
Im pretty sure a lot of the stuff sent in is lies. Especially the jokey ones.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36 on: January 7, 2008, 10:51:03 pm »
First time I saw the site was about 2 years ago (might be more, actually) and see it pop up now and then.

I quite like the site.
i bet ya do.i get the feeling your head is well and truly screwed on.and u find it quite amusing like most things in life that this shite(the mentioned) is going on like i do .

do u like the smiths?
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008, 10:53:56 pm by Captain Tsubasa »
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2008, 10:33:02 pm »

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2008, 11:09:23 pm »

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 04:36:49 pm »