Author Topic: General Election on June 8th  (Read 414665 times)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Election on June 8th
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2017, 11:43:16 am »
Best scenario we can hope for, no majority +every pro Brexit MP kicked out for being lying ba...
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2017, 11:43:18 am »

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2017, 11:43:18 am »
can the tories call a vote of no confidence in the government if they don't get the 2/3s?

Yes, but I guess that would be the last resort. The other option is a simple one-clause, one-time bill to bypass the FTPA. Still has to go through the commons though but if it failed it would be less damaging than losing a no-confidence vote in yourself which is all kinds of mad.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2017, 11:43:32 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tories win some seats in Scotland.

Yeah they will likely pick up another seat or 2 in Borders and Aberdeenshire. Labour will likely lose their only seat, Lib Dems only seat could go either way.

Other than that I'm pretty sure it will be all SNP.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2017, 11:44:25 am »
Labour should make sure there are TV debates.

Definitely. Play to Corbyn's strong point.....

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2017, 11:44:34 am »

Definitely, I mean those Labour leadership debates were a rip-roaring success weren't they?...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2017, 11:44:54 am »

Hahaha!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:11 am »
Fuck me that will be a right laugh.

Tell me about it.

Trada, if you're suggesting that Corbyn will perform more ably than May then you need to have a word with yourself.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:27 am »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:28 am »

Why? Corbyn is rubbish at them. Even worse than May is not very good. Tim Fallon will probably out-perform them, and he is not much cop either.

If the SNP insert themselves, then they are likely to be the big winners.

Hopefully UKIP would be shut out as they have no MPs, but the meff would screw it up any way.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:30 am »

Unless Theresa May starts shitting on the stage that definitely won't help them.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:36 am »
At least we get to start afresh on June 9, pity though as I expect a bloodbath in the polls.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
God help Corbyn, the debates are going to be brutal. the public wont pull any punches.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2017, 11:46:26 am »
Definitely, I mean those Labour leadership debates were a rip-roaring success weren't they?...

Jeremy would swipe the floor with her.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2017, 11:46:54 am »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:52 am »

Stealing the floor isn't going to improve his chances.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2017, 11:50:43 am »

Compare and contrast. I know exactly what the LibDems stand for. Labour? Words. Lots of words.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2017, 11:50:50 am »

Hahahahahahahaha.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:01 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015_by_parliamentary_constituency

Gonna be a lot of blue in those swing seats I reckon.  Don't be surprised if you see some UKIP candidates not placed in those.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:29 am »
This is a horribly blatant power grab by the Tories

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:09 am »
God help Corbyn, the debates are going to be brutal. the public wont pull any punches.

Only if he turns up. It would be full on Corbyn to ignore the debate and hold an alternative event preaching to a couple of hundred of the converted.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:13 am »
Fair point. Labour are in a dire position; face electorial disaster or be seen as not wanting to win power. I think it's better to grit their teeth and vote this one through, the Tories will win this but it's the right decision for Labour long-term in my opinion.

It's not only about the election, it's about after. How do Labour align themselves now, given by far their best chance is some kind of coalition with one or more anti-Brexit parties? Go back on their word to support Brexit or not? In the realms of fantasy I'd laugh my tits off if a Labour/SNP anti-Brexit coalition came about, led by the SNP leader because Labour europhiles backed them rather than Corbyn.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2017, 11:53:06 am »
She's seen the US and Turkey and thinks now is a good time to capitalize on stupidity, they might wake up in two years.

It probably also gnaws on her that she is not a properly elected PM.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2017, 11:54:45 am »
I can't not vote for Luciana Berger, I'm afraid. But this hammering that's coming - that's on you if you voted Corbyn for a second time.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2017, 11:55:19 am »
Corbyn went with the majority of the people on the vote, can't hold that against him, even though I have reservations about us leaving the EU - not as depressed as some in here over it as I can see positives from it.

So our glorious leader made sure that the most important issue at the heart of any election is one where there's no differentiation between Labour and the Tories.

As has been pointed out endlessly, the opposition don't just go along with the result of any election or a referendum. That's why they are the opposition and not the government. By definition, the opposition will have lost the last vote and will have policies that didn't get them elected.

Labour (in theory) fought the referendum as a party that supported Europe and our leader (in theory) supported the remain Campaign. The fact that the vote was lost doesn't, or shouldn't change the party's position on Europe. Labour should have maintained it's position as the party of Europe with the obvious advantage that it would give them a clear point of difference to campaign for in any future election.

Instead Corbyn jumped where he obviously wanted to be anyway and Labour capitulated in the face of the threat of UKIP.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2017, 11:55:26 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015_by_parliamentary_constituency

Gonna be a lot of blue in those swing seats I reckon.  Don't be surprised if you see some UKIP candidates not placed in those.

I cannot see UKIP having much success at all. May has stolen the UKIP clothes. Recent polls suggest that she has pilfered 30% of the UKIP support. A Meff led UKIP is going to underperform compared to the Frottage high water mark.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2017, 11:55:51 am »
Jeremy welcomes the election.

He's probably looking forward to getting the Brexit he wants, and the early retirement and sweet pension he's going to receive. Plus the bonus salary he's been receiving from Public money for the half arsed job he's done for 18 months as leader.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2017, 11:56:43 am »

Please stop...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2017, 11:56:55 am »
which ape do we vote? I hope there is a "political gem" that comes out in the coming weeks
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:26 am »
This is a horribly blatant power grab by the Tories
It wouldn't be though if the Labour membership didn't have some time warp moment in 2015 and 2016 by electing Corbyn as leader twice. Now many are regretting it, well tough shit. Labour is going to get smashed because of it. Maybe this is a lesson for the future, elect someone who can get ELECTED!

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:57 am »
Only if he turns up. It would be full on Corbyn to ignore the debate and hold an alternative event preaching to a couple of hundred of the converted.
The weather should be nice Rally weather by June :)
Has he ever been forced to stand in front of a hostile audience questioning his character and his ideology. there will be no place to hide, I can only see a car crash.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:08 pm »
Compare and contrast. I know exactly what the LibDems stand for. Labour? Words. Lots of words.

Only 1 choice for anyone who wants to stop this hard Brexit.

Apparently 500 people have joined the Lib Dems in the last 20 minutes - https://libdems.secure.force.com/LiberalDemocrats/NewMemberRegistration

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2017, 12:01:16 pm »
TV debates would be a disaster. His best stuff at PMQs has been when he can press her on one issue. When he has to think on his feet and address multiple issues he's dreadful.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »
Might have to go back to voting Lib Dem
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2017, 12:02:36 pm »
Has he ever been forced to stand in front of a hostile audience questioning his character and his ideology.
We should get Trada to get Jeremy to sign up to RAWk and get him to post in the Labour thread. It's not too late to help him fine-tune his media training.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:05 pm »
I cannot see UKIP having much success at all. May has stolen the UKIP clothes. Recent polls suggest that she has pilfered 30% of the UKIP support. A Meff led UKIP is going to underperform compared to the Frottage high water mark.
I do think some will move back to Labour from UKIP now the Brexit stuff is decided (kind of) but an awful lot more are going to shift to the Tories.  UKIP will still have some minor support from those who would have otherwise voted BNP a few years ago when the Twonk was in prominence so now they have to hide their racist undercurrents again in the "Rah Rah, Britain, You're Not A Patriot If You Don't Love EVERYTHING British And That Makes You A Horrible Person" party
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:19 pm »
It would take an incredible game from the Lib Dems to even get close. But fuck it, if they fight for the things I believe must be fought for, then I'll add my name, for the first time in my life.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »

Just a reminder about the policy blitz:

Seems ok apart from the one at the bottom - the one about the keystone economic policy which has a 26% approval rating, a net disapproval of -7% with Corbyn as leader and 42% not having a clue what it means.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:46 pm »
I'm so fucking depressed.