Author Topic: Stockholm Incident  (Read 7240 times)

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
Re: Stockholm Incident
« Reply #40 on: April 7, 2017, 03:50:51 pm »
Not really. I've been saying the same thing for the last 15 years.

I see the 'religion poisons everything' Hitchens stance. But it would only need to more homegrown terrorism if we outright banned religion.

Cut a crap,we all know when they release guy name it wont be Swedish

By 'Swedish', do you mean 'white'?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #41 on: April 7, 2017, 03:51:22 pm »
Sure they were

Because they weren't white Christians?  Sorry if that's a big leap but feel free to clarify.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: April 7, 2017, 03:51:27 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: April 7, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »
It can only be dealt at the source of the problem,cut the snake head

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 7, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »
It can only be dealt at the source of the problem,cut the snake head
What do you mean by cut the snake head?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #45 on: April 7, 2017, 03:53:31 pm »
Sure they were

Umm, they were. If you won't accept facts then your opinion carries absolutely zero weight.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2017, 03:53:35 pm »
Yeah mass organized rape attack on hundreds of woman is nothing.You right it should be just shrugged off

Fuck off.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2017, 03:53:59 pm »
Because they weren't white Christians?  Sorry if that's a big leap but feel free to clarify.
Because they come to France or Germany or take your example but they dont felt french or german,Countries that take them they consider enemy.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2017, 03:55:49 pm »
I see the 'religion poisons everything' Hitchens stance. But it would only need to more homegrown terrorism if we outright banned religion.

I know. Problem is, we have something that literally fuels a large percentage of violence in the world but won't do anything about it through fear of violence. Vicious circle. Either do fuck all and carry on as we are or actually do something about it and  eventually eliminate the problem with reprisals. Rock/hard place scenario.

On another note, my bird has just text me to say there's been a 'suspect package' found in Coventry and they've closed a street.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 7, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »
You're on a forum who's city was built on immigrants.  :D

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #50 on: April 7, 2017, 03:56:49 pm »
Because they come to France or Germany or take your example but they dont felt french or german,Countries that take them they consider enemy.

The bloke who carried out the Westminster attack was born in Britain and had lived here all his life. Sorry that that doesn't fit your agenda.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 7, 2017, 03:59:03 pm »
I know. Problem is, we have something that literally fuels a large percentage of violence in the world but won't do anything about it through fear of violence. Vicious circle. Either do fuck all and carry on as we are or actually do something about it and  eventually eliminate the problem with reprisals. Rock/hard place scenario.

On another note, my bird has just text me to say there's been a 'suspect package' found in Coventry and they've closed a street.
You can't ban religion... it's a matter of personal expression, it just won't work..  religiosity dips with social security ... it takes away the psycological need for a safety net ...

A suspect package in Coventry?  A book?
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 7, 2017, 04:02:22 pm »
Can we focus on the important issues first?

Yes, it is highly probable that this will be another ISIS inspired vehicle attack but the first concern should be for the people who have been killed and injured.

There will be plenty of time to fight over the moral high ground once the facts become clear and the injured have been treated.

If you have nothing useful to say it's quite acceptable to say nothing.

Thanks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #53 on: April 7, 2017, 04:02:53 pm »
You can't ban religion... it's a matter of personal expression, it just won't work..  religiosity dips with social security ... it takes away the psycological need for a safety net ...

A suspect package in Coventry?  A book?

I know mate. Don't want to derail the dark turn the thread has taken but I can't watch the news without thinking "Imagine if...".

While people in Coventry would legit shit themselves if they saw a book, or toothpaste, my bird has had to leave work so the bomb disposal guys can assess the situation. Fosehill Road apparently.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 7, 2017, 04:03:25 pm »
After seeing shit like this all over Europe non stop no wonder that right parties growing stronger,myself who always laughed to right wing bullshit,laugh no longer.Fucking Merkel commited suicide of Europe.Hope more countries gonna follow Hungary example and not allow anyone in.Enough already with stupid German,Austrian and Scandinavian policy to allow anyone in.

Politicising the deaths of people before their bodies are even cold or the full details are known is fucking disgusting, in my opinion.

EDIT: Sorry saw this post after I had posted:

Yes, it is highly probable that this will be another ISIS inspired vehicle attack but the first concern should be for the people who have been killed and injured.

There will be plenty of time to fight over the moral high ground once the facts become clear and the injured have been treated.

Thanks.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 7, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »
Politicising the deaths of people before their bodies are even cold or the full details are known is fucking disgusting, in my opinion.

EDIT: Sorry saw this post after I had posted:

No problem mate. I agree with you.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 7, 2017, 04:05:44 pm »
After seeing shit like this all over Europe non stop no wonder that right parties growing stronger,myself who always laughed to right wing bullshit,laugh no longer.Fucking Merkel commited suicide of Europe.Hope more countries gonna follow Hungary example and not allow anyone in.Enough already with stupid German,Austrian and Scandinavian policy to allow anyone in.
Remember 1956 when 200,000 Hungarians fled the country as refugees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 7, 2017, 04:14:50 pm »
It has become such a common occurrence that when it says "only" 3 dead, I feel relieved rather than sad.
What's easy to forget though is that these three people had family, loved ones, friends, colleagues, clients etc. And now they are gone. There are many people suffering from this.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: April 7, 2017, 04:17:07 pm »

It's probably the Check a Trade Trophy.  Not seen one of those in Coventry in a while.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 7, 2017, 04:43:03 pm »
photo of arrested suspect is out. some reports suggest there may be a 2nd but not confirmed.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #60 on: April 7, 2017, 06:02:09 pm »
Sickening. Every time this sort of a vehicular attack happens, I cannot help but think what the hell is going on in the heads of the attackers - they must be genuinely insane to be able to continue driving through numerous people, including children. I just cannot comprehend it.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 06:04:20 pm by zip »
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 7, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »
Sickening. Every time this sort of a vehicular attack happens, I cannot help but think what the hell is going on in the heads of the attackers - they must be genuinely insane to be able to continue driving to numerous people, including children. I just cannot comprehend it.
It's worse.. they are totally sane...
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 7, 2017, 06:08:20 pm »
You're on a forum who's city was built on immigrants.  :D

And supporting a team owned by foreigners, built around immigrants and managed by an immigrant, playing in a league chock full of loads of talented immigrants (many of them Muslim, including our wonderful Sadio and Emre).

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 7, 2017, 06:08:57 pm »
Sad for the victims. Hope the catch everyone involved. Should be a guaranteed murder/terrorism charge.

Today I realised the downside with working on the wrong side of the city. All the trains were cancelled. Long walk through the city. Not all bad though. Policemen (finally seen out) on the streets, helicopters in the air and people walking everywhere, checking their phones or calling friends for updates. Apart from the trains, the policemen and the number of people walking it was pretty much business as usual.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #64 on: April 7, 2017, 06:59:44 pm »
photo of arrested suspect is out. some reports suggest there may be a 2nd but not confirmed.

copycat cowardly twat.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 7, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »
And supporting a team owned by foreigners, built around immigrants and managed by an immigrant, playing in a league chock full of loads of talented immigrants (many of them Muslim, including our wonderful Sadio and Emre).

if you are refering to kaiser, he doesnt support liverpool

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66 on: April 7, 2017, 08:26:51 pm »
RIP to those that perished, hope the injured recover. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 7, 2017, 09:39:47 pm »
Hope that idiot above has been put on a time out, no place for the point scoring especially when he doesn't even want to acknowledge facts. Sadly these sort of attacks just encourage that sort to push their own nationalistic xenophobic/anti-immigrant agenda by creating massive overreactions and trying to driving fear into the easy led to make rash decisions.

RE: The Cologne attacks.. hasn't it been established that the large majority were NOT refugees..? Or do they run different stories on Brietbart and Infowars??

Anyway off topic sorry.

Like other crimes, you just cannot stop them all no matter how many Muslims you ban, deport or abuse. It's near impossible to police these lone wolf attacks. 
« Last Edit: April 7, 2017, 09:42:03 pm by Bunter »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #68 on: April 7, 2017, 09:42:56 pm »
Ban religion. Simples.

Won't happen but would eventually work.

Otherwise, just get out of the middle east. Leave them to it. Can't continue to be blamed forever if we're not there.

Banning religion is every bit as illiberal and regressive as the worst aspects of religion itself. Obviously there are more problems with one religion more than the others at this moment in time but the solution isn't to outlaw it - never has been, never will be. We have to win hearts and minds and stand firm to what we believe; openness, tolerance, secularism, freedom of thought and freedom of expression. Betray that and what have we got?

It'll be a dark day indeed when any European government decides what religion (or lack of religion) is acceptable in the eyes of the law. It is not an issue for the state to decide.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #69 on: April 8, 2017, 12:08:13 am »
Ban religion. Simples.

It has happened, the Russians tried it during the communist era. It didn't work.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #70 on: April 8, 2017, 01:04:27 am »
The population of Europe is three-quarters of a million. They're going to have to go some to kill us all at this rate. Ray is absolutely right. This is militarily ineffective, it's just designed to provoke fear and over reaction.

I'm in London and the effect of the Westminster attacks on people's actual behaviour is... zero.

So true. (apart from the bit about the pop. of Europe being three-quarters of a million ;)  )

The fact that it is militarily ineffective is irellevent to those who carry out these atrocities. Each attack isn't designed to win any war. It's designed to be part of what eventually starts a war.
They are looking to create an us and them scenario. Muslims in one camp and everyone else in the other. They actually want us all to hate Muslims. They want fellow Muslims in western countries to feel marginalised and persecuted because it suits their agenda. They actively want mistrust and suspicion between the communities of western countries. This is the ultimate aim of these kinds of attacks, and it works too.

As you said; this is about creating fear and over-reaction. It's about polarising opinion and creating division.
What they are doing is indeed militarily ineffective, but their aim with these attacks is not military, it's psychological. On that score, it works. Well, it works on an ever increasing number of people, anyway. You see it in the attitudes of many who now look upon ordinary Muslims with suspicion, mistrust, and in some cases, open hostility. We won't win against this disgusting, stone-age ideology unless we all pull together. Their aim is to divide. Lets not give in to them by doing exactly what they want us to do.

Like you say; after attacks such as this, the population pretty much carry on living as they did the day before ... but with each incident attitudes often change and harden. Again, this is exactly what they want. It's mutual tolerance, understanding, acceptance and peaceful co-existence which they are looking to undermine.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2017, 01:09:09 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 8, 2017, 01:06:45 am »
Ban religion. Simples.

Otherwise, just get out of the middle east. Leave them to it. Can't continue to be blamed forever if we're not there.

That just fuels extremism.  We just need to wait for a time when people have enough evidence to blow any god theories out the window.

It wont happen in our lifetime, but it will eventually.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 8, 2017, 01:11:03 am »

The fact that it is militarily ineffective is irellevent to those who carry out these atrocities. Each attack isn't designed to win any war. It's designed to be part of what eventually starts a war.

Its relevant to those who get killed though mate, and all the families etc.

Are you suggesting these attacks dont have political motives?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #73 on: April 8, 2017, 02:40:38 am »
Its relevant to those who get killed though mate, and all the families etc.

Are you suggesting these attacks dont have political motives?

No, I wasn't suggesting that the attacks do not have political (or maybe more accurately; ideological?) motives. Nor was I in any way suggesting the terrible loss of life has no relevance. Apologies if my post read that way.

What I was saying is that to the individuals who carry out such atrocities, it is not relevent to them if it is effective in a military sense because the purpose of the attacks are meant to be psychological and divisive. That is where their real battle ground is. To them, it's simply a means to an end. To us, to those who tragically lost their lives, and to their loved ones, it's all relevant. To those who value life and civilised society, it's all relevant. But to those who commit this kind of disgusting atrocity, it's just a means to an end. A way of polarising opinion, creating fear, mistrust, suspicion and division.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #74 on: April 8, 2017, 06:55:37 am »
That just fuels extremism.  We just need to wait for a time when people have enough evidence to blow any god theories out the window.

It wont happen in our lifetime, but it will eventually.

There is enough evidence out there to blow all religion out of the water, there has been solid evidence since Galileo which is indisputable.

Opiate of the masses, indeed.

Me personally - I would make religion a 'worship at home' only thing as that is probably more acceptable in the short-term than an outright banning initially.

Surely people will become educated enough to not believe in the zombie Jewish carpenter who is also Gods son who came back to life after three days and his ilk by the end of the 21st century.

I live in hope.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 8, 2017, 07:00:34 am »
Terror attack suspect in custody is 39 year old Uzbekistan national who supported ISIS online by posting jihadist propaganda according to Swedish paper Aftonbladet. He has posted propaganda films and praised Boston marathon on his Facebook .

St Petersburg attacker was ethnic Uzbek from Kyrgyzstan, Istanbul Reina terrorist was Uyghur with Kyrgyz&Uzbek accomplices and now another radicalized Muslim from Central Asia. Looks like that territory is a new recruitment source for radical terror.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 8, 2017, 07:13:56 am »
Terror attack suspect in custody is 39 year old Uzbekistan national who supported ISIS online by posting jihadist propaganda according to Swedish paper Aftonbladet. He has posted propaganda films and praised Boston marathon on his Facebook .

St Petersburg attacker was ethnic Uzbek from Kyrgyzstan, Istanbul Reina terrorist was Uyghur with Kyrgyz&Uzbek accomplices and now another radicalized Muslim from Central Asia. Looks like that territory is a new recruitment source for radical terror.

It's been a source of recruitment since the 1990s. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, Islamism took hold in the Central Asian republics and many went to fight with the mujahedin in Afghanistan, went on to join Al-Qaeda and then ISIS. Islamist terrorism isn't an Arab problem it's a problem of radical religious extremism.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #77 on: April 8, 2017, 07:28:27 am »
Spot-on.

The barbarity from both sides in Chechnya, and the attacks that were born out of it, got very little mention in the Western press.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 8, 2017, 09:44:03 am »
Ban Religion. Simples

Why should Buddhism be banned because of Muslim extremists?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 8, 2017, 10:58:07 am »

Thanks.
Thanks for saying this.

So sad, once again.