Author Topic: Terrorism Incident outside UK Parliament  (Read 38413 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Terrorism Incident outside UK Parliament
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:30 pm »
Trevor Brooks may still be in prison...

This may well exonerate him..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2017, 07:59:25 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »
Easy mate. what part do you call as "shit", you think Erdogan is actually grieving after seeing such attacks in europe?
There were over 40 terrorist attacks in Turkey last year and all were during the liberal, leftist events or opposition party followers meetings.

Shit like Erdogan being responsible with no evidence. You have a beef with Erdogan but it almost certainly has nothing to do with this. When you have some evidence feel free to post about Erdogan in this thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2017, 08:08:17 pm »
I know this might sound a bit extreme but perhaps it's time to start looking at ways to govern how mosques are run. A lot of these terrorists quite often will give talks at mosques to try and recruit others, spread the ideology ect.

On a related note I stumbled on this article from a few years ago which talks about measures Japan has gone to, to ensure they don't become victims.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/17/viral-image/viral-graphic-says-japan-keeps-out-radical-islam-t/

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

The communities do have to play a part to try and make things better but that in itself is going to be difficult. Most minorities have a distrust for the police and more often than not the police play a big part in that feeling.
The problem for the muslim community is that the majority will suffer for the actions of a few. I imagine the anti muslim feeling in this country will be greater after an incident like this and that must be very difficult for law abiding muslims especially british born ones.

There has to be some bridge building by the police but I guess everytime you arrest someone for not doing anything or stop and search it creates further distrust. But for me the answer is creating some sort of respectable dialogue between the police and the community leaders.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:10:41 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »
I know this might sound a bit extreme but perhaps it's time to start looking at ways to govern how mosques are run. A lot of these terrorists quite often will give talks at mosques to try and recruit others, spread the ideology ect.

On a related note I stumbled on this article from a few years ago which talks about measures Japan has gone to, to ensure they don't become victims.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/17/viral-image/viral-graphic-says-japan-keeps-out-radical-islam-t/

That article says that:

Our ruling

The graphic says that in Japan, "permanent residency is not given to Muslims," the "propagation of Islam" is banned, "one cannot import a Koran published in the Arabic language," and "Muslims cannot even rent a house."

Each of these four statements is incorrect, and the overall point of the graphic -- that Japan keeps itself free from radical Islam by discriminating against all Muslims -- is dramatically off-base. We rate these claims Pants on Fire.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2017, 08:13:26 pm »
I dont think removing preachers from the streets will do anything, most preaching happens now online, banning the internet would probably be the most solid way to combat terror

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »

His brother confirms he is in fact in prison...
W

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2017, 08:15:36 pm »
I dont think removing preachers from the streets will do anything, most preaching happens now online, banning the internet would probably be the most solid way to combat terror

I am all for Internet Terrorists...

We would still be lumbered with Gillette and hicks otherwise

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2017, 08:16:48 pm »

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Have you read the article?  It goes on to say that the anti islam measures in Japan are incorrect.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2017, 08:16:55 pm »
I am all for Internet Terrorists...

We would still be lumbered with Gillette and hicks otherwise

Self radicalization, lone wolf, home made bombs. All made possible by the world wide web.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2017, 08:18:54 pm »
Self radicalization, lone wolf, home made bombs. All made possible by the world wide web.

Not really:

The Anarchist Cookbook, first published in 1971, is a book that contains instructions for the manufacture of explosives, rudimentary telecommunications phreaking devices, and other items.
Originally published: 1971
Author: William Powell
Publisher: Lyle Stuart
OCLC: 120422

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:54 pm »
I hear you north, but the seed must've been initially planted elsewhere for them to research on the Web. My guess would be hate preachers on the street

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2017, 08:23:20 pm »
Channel 4 news repeat now cancelled on C4+1, could be very expensive for them

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »
Not really:

The Anarchist Cookbook, first published in 1971, is a book that contains instructions for the manufacture of explosives, rudimentary telecommunications phreaking devices, and other items.
Originally published: 1971
Author: William Powell
Publisher: Lyle Stuart
OCLC: 120422

The average terrorist would probably not know that these publications exist. Now all the information is at his fingertips.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2017, 08:29:12 pm »
I hear you north, but the seed must've been initially planted elsewhere for them to research on the Web. My guess would be hate preachers on the street
A guess..??

Based on?

Let's not guess, it's utterly futile and (in this case) unhelpful and almost certainly wrong.
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2017, 08:30:47 pm »
Will all the people who were saying it was that fella and were crying about how the security forces could let him carry out an attack come back in to the thread an apologise for being a tit? Will they fuck.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2017, 08:31:50 pm »
You can watch something on you tube and become an extremist. The conventional one to one brainwashing has been replaced  by mass propaganda aimed at large masses, all you need is a couple of hits and you got yourself a terrorist with no direct link to any organisation.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2017, 08:32:15 pm »
Just realised it a year today that there was an attack in Belgium.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2017, 08:33:43 pm »
Do we know the motive of the attack? 

As far as I know, the victim has a beard, and that's it....

That's all we know...
W

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2017, 08:34:10 pm »
Will all the people who were saying it was that fella and were crying about how the security forces could let him carry out an attack come back in to the thread an apologise for being a tit? Will they fuck.

Being in jail is a decent alibi.

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2017, 08:36:29 pm »

Who was crying about the security forces?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2017, 08:37:19 pm »
Do we know the motive of the attack? 

As far as I know, the victim has a beard, and that's it....

That's all we know...

Inspired by the anniversary of the Belgium attack perhaps?  A big coincidence that.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:14 pm »
Inspired by the anniversary of the Belgium attack perhaps?
Not impossible. But given zero details, we currently have absolutely no idea if this is the case or not

W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2017, 08:45:50 pm »

Who was crying about the security forces?

There was people saying how could they allow this to happen and that everyone 'knew' he was a terrorist so why was he allowed to be on the streets to commit such a heinous crime.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2017, 08:48:27 pm »
A guess..??

Based on?

Let's not guess, it's utterly futile and (in this case) unhelpful and almost certainly wrong.
I wouldn't say it's almost certainly wrong. There must've been a seed planted in these extremist's heads to carry out these atrocities.  If they weren't inspired by hate preachers,  then who were they inspired by.......their families?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2017, 08:54:48 pm »
Not impossible. But given zero details, we currently have absolutely no idea if this is the case or not

The MO has Islamist written all over it, and as crude as it sounds from the pictures of the body of the guy who carried out the act he's either Asian or Black - if you can think of another motivation for the act feel free to say what it is, but I'm quite happy to say it's Islamic terrorism.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2017, 08:55:07 pm »
I wouldn't say it's almost certainly wrong. There must've been a seed planted in these extremist's heads to carry out these atrocities.  If they weren't inspired by hate preachers,  then who were they inspired by.......their families?
You said hate preachers on the street.. this is all most certainly rubbish in this day and age...

We don't know why the attack happenened..  all we know is that it was a man with brown skin and a beard.

From that you have concluded that he was radicalised by street preachers... which seems like a leap to me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:56:53 pm by less grotesquely offensive? »
W

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2017, 08:57:15 pm »
Given the history of British involvement in the Middle East then there would be any amount of history enough to plant 'a seed' without any hate preachers getting involved. That's not to condone or excuse any of what's happened, but at the end of the day we're never gonna have peace in the world if we (namely all people of any nationality, religion or creed) if we keep acting as if it's only ever the 'other guy' who's done anything wrong.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2017, 09:01:27 pm »
Given the history of British involvement in the Middle East then there would be any amount of history enough to plant 'a seed' without any hate preachers getting involved. That's not to condone or excuse any of what's happened, but at the end of the day we're never gonna have peace in the world if we (namely all people of any nationality, religion or creed) if we keep acting as if it's only ever the 'other guy' who's done anything wrong.
If indeed it is an extremist Islamic attack, then the only blame lies with the persons commiting or promulgating such an act.
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2017, 09:09:28 pm »

Sorry, what?!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »
Sorry, what?!

The guy that Channel 4 named as the culprit is currently in prison so can't have done it.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2017, 09:14:03 pm »
The guy that Channel 4 named as the culprit is currently in prison so can't have done it.

I got that, the second line makes absolutely no sense. Why would he be exonerated for a different crime, just because today wasn't him?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2017, 09:14:55 pm »
I got that, the second line makes absolutely no sense. Why would he be exonerated for a different crime, just because today wasn't him?
Sorry, it was sarcasm
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2017, 09:15:07 pm »

He meant exonerate him for today's crime. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »
I usually talk bollocks.  I think this confuses people
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2017, 09:16:41 pm »
Sorry, it was sarcasm
Sorry, your use of mays confused me. Made it sound like you were hypothesising, rather than expressing uncertainty

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »
Given that exonerate is usually referring to an official statement/action (i.e. releasing on a pardon), it wasn't.

Anyway, sorry to take off track

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2017, 09:19:49 pm »
Given that exonerate is usually referring to an official statement/action (i.e. releasing on a pardon), it wasn't.

Anyway, sorry to take off track

Fair enough, can see the confusion. Sarcasm always hard to spot on the internet!

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »
You said hate preachers on the street.. this is all most certainly rubbish in this day and age...

We don't know why the attack happenened..  all we know is that it was a man with brown skin and a beard.

From that you have concluded that he was radicalised by street preachers... which seems like a leap to me.
I'm afraid you've taken my on the street quote too literally.  Perhaps I should have made myself more clearer. When I said on the street I meant
Mosques,  homes,  etc. Although I gather there were preachers on the street at the Finsbury Park mosque.  Indeed I gather the hate preachers were even praying on the street

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:43 pm »
The MO has Islamist written all over it, and as crude as it sounds from the pictures of the body of the guy who carried out the act he's either Asian or Black - if you can think of another motivation for the act feel free to say what it is, but I'm quite happy to say it's Islamic terrorism.

The MO is very familiar to Israelis, unfortunately