Poll

I'm just wondering about this...

I normally vote Labour, but I'd vote Lib Dem if it guaranteed binning Brexit**
97 (69.8%)
I normally vote Conservative, but I'd vote Lib Dem if it guaranteed binning Brexit**
0 (0%)
I normally vote Labour and I'd vote Labour Regardless
17 (12.2%)
I normally vote Conservative and I'd vote Conservative Regardless
1 (0.7%)
I feel I have to vote on something and none of those options apply to me, so I'll vote this..
24 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Author Topic: Would you vote Lib Dem to Stop Brexit (If it would, obviously...)  (Read 10796 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
As usual mods, feel free to lock/delete if this shouldn't be here..

But given some of the conversations around, I've seen this mentioned a few times (Similar to people voting UKIP as the parties they normally go for didn't 'represent' them)

Thought it might be interesting..

** This obviously - if binning it were possible and the Lib Dems had an actual plan (I know people having actual plans is frowned on during this whole Brexit thing, but hey..)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 10:36:33 pm by Andy ♥ Old Trafford »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Would you vote Lib Dem to Stop Brexit (If it would, obviously...)
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
Lib Dems don't have a chance in my constituency (SNP/Labour marginal), and would probably vote SNP above them anyway, but if I lived in England/Wales, would certainly vote for Lib Dems if I thought it would help prevent Brexit.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2016, 10:40:45 pm »
Lib Dems can't be trusted, i'll be voting Labour no matter what
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2016, 10:44:07 pm »
Shouldn't there be a 'I always vote lib dem option?' And a ' don't vote Tory/lab/lib but would vote lib' option?

what can you trust this current labour lot with, seeing as they can't run their party properly you think they can run the country?
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 10:47:17 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2016, 10:49:43 pm »
Shouldn't there be a 'I always vote lib dem option?' And a ' don't vote Tory/lab/lib but would vote lib' option?
what can you trust this current labour lot with, seeing as they can't run their party properly you think they can run the country?

I feel I have to vote on something and none of those options apply to me

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2016, 11:06:47 pm »
I voted Lib Dem in the last two elections, and will vote for them again.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2016, 11:10:18 pm »

I trust them with the NHS and helping address the ever increasing inequality in the country

Lib dems are side by side with the likes of the monster raving looney party. they're nothing but a protest vote who sold out to the Torys and lied through their teeth for a taste of power
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 11:12:28 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »
I vote Lib Dem anyway.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2016, 11:18:11 pm »
It's no different then asking would you vote for a Tory if they supported Remain? The answer for me will be the same - an emphatic NO!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2016, 11:24:21 pm »
I trust them with the NHS and helping address the ever increasing inequality in the country

Lib dems are side by side with the likes of the monster raving looney party. they're nothing but a protest vote who sold out to the Torys and lied through their teeth for a taste of power
you trust them when they clearly haven't got a clue?

And I'm guessing your hate of the lib dems is about the student fees u turn, boo fucking hoo, politicians backtrack all the time and there are far worse backtracks they could have done, plus going into coalition helped keep the Tories relatively in check, not as if they'd have gone in with labour in a coalition was it?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2016, 11:59:45 pm »
I float between the Greens, Lib Dems and Labour anyway but yes, the Lib Dems pro-EU stance will gain my vote.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2016, 12:20:48 am »
you trust them when they clearly haven't got a clue?

And I'm guessing your hate of the lib dems is about the student fees u turn, boo fucking hoo, politicians backtrack all the time and there are far worse backtracks they could have done, plus going into coalition helped keep the Tories relatively in check, not as if they'd have gone in with labour in a coalition was it?

Yes boo fucking hoo, they signed a pledge, campaigned to not raise it, then did a total 180 when they got a chance to be the Tory's lapdogs landing an entire generation of students in Ł18,000-Ł24,000+ more debt, and leading to more working class students deciding not to go.

Here's the pledge that all elected Lib Dem MPs signed:

“I pledge to vote against any increase in fees in the next parliament and to pressure the government to introduce a fairer alternative.

It's an outright lie, and shows exactly what kind of people they are. Lying scumbags who will say anything to get elected.

But i'm glad we can just gloss over an entire generation of society getting saddled with a ton of debt with "boo fucking hoo"

Right wing c*nts, who rightfully got obliterated in the last general election. If the remaining lib dems had any sense they'd disband the party and start up a new centralist party without the stain of those shitbags.

If the only defence that you can muster for them is "they could have done worse..." or "other politicians lied to!" then it shows how worthless they are as an alternative. No palpable change
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 12:25:55 am by Crosby Wych »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2016, 12:32:19 am »
Yes boo fucking hoo, they signed a pledge, campaigned to not raise it, then did a total 180 when they got a chance to be the Tory's lapdogs landing an entire generation of students in Ł18,000-Ł24,000+ more debt, and leading to more working class students deciding not to go.

Here's the pledge that all elected Lib Dem MPs signed:

“I pledge to vote against any increase in fees in the next parliament and to pressure the government to introduce a fairer alternative.

It's an outright lie, and shows exactly what kind of people they are. Lying scumbags who will say anything to get elected.

But i'm glad we can just gloss over an entire generation of society getting saddled with a ton of debt with "boo fucking hoo"

Right wing c*nts, who rightfully got obliterated in the last general election. If the remaining lib dems had any sense they'd disband the party and start up a new centralist party without the stain of those shitbags.

If the only defence that you can muster for them is "they could have done worse..." or "other politicians lied to!" then it shows how worthless they are as an alternative. No palpable change
so this pisses you off massively but you'd vote labour when they are led by a man who couldn't be bothered to campaign with any real effort on a far, far bigger issue and went on holiday during an important week of campaigning??

Get over it mate, yes that sucked but this is far, far more important than fucking tuition fees, for a start your job prospects would likely be massively harmed by brexit for one.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2016, 12:44:05 am »
yes

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2016, 12:50:26 am »
so this pisses you off massively but you'd vote labour when they are led by a man who couldn't be bothered to campaign with any real effort on a far, far bigger issue and went on holiday during an important week of campaigning??

Get over it mate, yes that sucked but this is far, far more important than fucking tuition fees, for a start your job prospects would likely be massively harmed by brexit for one.
Yeah, I agree, nobody wants a Tory/Lib Dem coalition but we can recover from it, Can we recover from a hard Brexit, we would never return to the standard of living we enjoy today.
Never followed todays EU talks and only just heard the ins and outs of the EU announcement of only 18months talks and they will not be about any deals. we are not going to discuss any deal in the 2 yr period after trigger article 50?  that's as good as saying we are certain to have a hard Brexit whether we want it or not.
So much for saying the EU need us more than we need them.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2016, 01:04:44 am »
Yeah, I agree, nobody wants a Tory/Lib Dem coalition but we can recover from it, Can we recover from a hard Brexit, we would never return to the standard of living we enjoy today.
Never followed todays EU talks and only just heard the ins and outs of the EU announcement of only 18months talks and they will not be about any deals. we are not going to discuss any deal in the 2 yr period after trigger article 50?  that's as good as saying we are certain to have a hard Brexit whether we want it or not.
So much for saying the EU need us more than we need them.
that bit in bold is a far more eloquent way of saying what I want to say!

Think the short negotiation period is deliberate, you want to leave the club then its fine. But you've got two minutes to settle your tab and clear out your locker.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
The students who were indebted were far better able to sustain the burden than the other people screwed by austerity. A student loan is more akin to a higher tax rate on earning above a certain level than a normal debt. When critical services are being cut beyond breaking, making students contribute to the cost of their education if they exceed an earning threshold is probably the least worst option. It is certainly not a priority when services are having the life squeezed out of them.  The Lib Dems made a huge PR gaff. They wasted their political capital on an AV vote no one wanted. They failed to explain why student loans were not prioritised. And they got hammered by the right leaning press that saw an opportunity to make the Lib Dems scapegoats for the coalition. The Lib Dems sacrificed their own narrow interests to join the coalition in the national interest and they got crucified for it. After 18 months of sole Tory rule, it should be apparent just how restrained the Tories were by the Lib Dems.,

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2016, 01:10:52 am »
I get the choice of John Bercow, several independent Tories or UKIP. It's like living in DC.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 7, 2016, 01:19:32 am »
that bit in bold is a far more eloquent way of saying what I want to say!

Think the short negotiation period is deliberate, you want to leave the club then its fine. But you've got two minutes to settle your tab and clear out your locker.
It's something ive given a bit of thought too for months now. so had time to be far more eloquent than usual. :)  normal party politics will go out the window if Brexit becomes the Issue. am sure many Torys will switch to Lib Dems as well. I spent day after day a few weeks back searching for a price from the bookies for the total Lib Dems seats at the next GE.
What did May say the other day, We don't want to extend the 2 yr period for leaving after triggering article 50. was that supposed to make the EU s... themselves. and agree to a good deal quickly.
What does May do now.? her bluffs been called.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 01:27:38 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2016, 01:27:38 am »
It's something ive given a bit of thought too for months now. so had to time to be far more eloquent than usual. :)  normal party politics will go out the window if Brexit becomes the Issue. am sure many Tory will switch to Lib Dems as well. I spent day after day a few weeks back searching for a price from the bookies for the total Lib Dems seats at the next GE.
What did May say the other day, We don't want to extend the 2 yr period for leaving after triggering article 50. was that supposed to make the EU s... themselves. and agree to a good deal quickly.
What does May do now.? her bluffs been called.
she does what she always wanted, get a ridiculously bad deal and ensure it gets rejected, for example by rigging it so the entir union has to agree (and play the 'the union has to agree or it will break up card') ;)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 7, 2016, 01:51:32 am »
she does what she always wanted, get a ridiculously bad deal and ensure it gets rejected, for example by rigging it so the entir union has to agree (and play the 'the union has to agree or it will break up card') ;)
The rhetoric is getting stronger now and crunch time is coming far quickly than May imagined, will she be so eager to trigger article 50 now knowing it means a hard Brexit, how will Nissan and co react to that. it's getting very messy, I just wished this wasn't realty as I would be pissing myself watching it in some tv series :)
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 7, 2016, 08:39:55 am »
The students who were indebted were far better able to sustain the burden than the other people screwed by austerity. A student loan is more akin to a higher tax rate on earning above a certain level than a normal debt. When critical services are being cut beyond breaking, making students contribute to the cost of their education if they exceed an earning threshold is probably the least worst option. It is certainly not a priority when services are having the life squeezed out of them.  The Lib Dems made a huge PR gaff. They wasted their political capital on an AV vote no one wanted. They failed to explain why student loans were not prioritised. And they got hammered by the right leaning press that saw an opportunity to make the Lib Dems scapegoats for the coalition. The Lib Dems sacrificed their own narrow interests to join the coalition in the national interest and they got crucified for it. After 18 months of sole Tory rule, it should be apparent just how restrained the Tories were by the Lib Dems.,

Absolute blinder of a post, couldn't agree more. I actually used to be a member of the Lib Dems but gave up my membership after the 'pledge' fiasco. I now have a different perspective on those years. After a Conservative majority, Corbyn being elected leader twice and  of course Brexit the Lib Dems are looking rather attractive again.

As for the question, well I live in a safe Tory seat so my vote is largely irrelevant. If the vote was tomorrow I would support the Lib Dems.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2016, 09:43:15 am »

Exactly this.

They kept the Tories in check pretty well considering they were by far the smaller party.  The Snoopers Charter for example.

As you say, their mistakes were mainly PR issues, which they got totally hammered for.  The Tories came out of the coalition squeaky clean, whereas the Lib Dems got the blame for everything that went bad.

They are the only credible opposition to the Tories in my oppinion, the only party that have said they will keep us / take us back into the EU.

This is the biggest issue we have faced in this country for many years, and millions of people's futures rest on this decision.  It's an easy vote to make.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2016, 09:49:19 am »
To stop Brexit I'd vote for them. But I'd take my vote away from them at the next opportunity. It wasn't just the PR of what they were doing with the Tories, it was the fact that they were in there doing it in the first place while hoping to screw Labour over. They spent months pointing out the holes in the very economic policies which they climbed aboard with as soon as ministerial jags were offered. Too clever by half politics and the only downside to them getting smashed electorally is that it does not undo the damage they did to Labour's economic message which left us with Cameron having to go through with his idiotic referendum pledge.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24 on: December 7, 2016, 09:52:02 am »
I'm not really sure labour even bothered to defend their economic record (which was frankly bizarre), so a touch harsh I feel.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25 on: December 7, 2016, 09:54:11 am »
I'm not really sure labour even bothered to defend their economic record (which was frankly bizarre), so a touch harsh I feel.

They were in the middle of a leadership election.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2016, 09:56:57 am »
To stop Brexit I'd vote for them. But I'd take my vote away from them at the next opportunity. It wasn't just the PR of what they were doing with the Tories, it was the fact that they were in there doing it in the first place while hoping to screw Labour over. They spent months pointing out the holes in the very economic policies which they climbed aboard with as soon as ministerial jags were offered. Too clever by half politics and the only downside to them getting smashed electorally is that it does not undo the damage they did to Labour's economic message which left us with Cameron having to go through with his idiotic referendum pledge.

Exactly, they were just as happy to tell anyone who listened that they were cleaning up Labours great recession and toed that line between 2010 and 2015 repeatedly. I wouldn't expect any less of the Tories as lying is what they do, but before 2010 I actually expected better from the Lib Dems, and then there was the tuition fees which wasnt so much a U turn as a hand break skid. They helped the Tories win in 2015 which leaves us where we are now.
Thinking is overrated.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2016, 10:11:07 am »
They were in the middle of a leadership election.
ed didn't when he was getting hammered over it

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2016, 10:22:19 am »
ed didn't when he was getting hammered over it

The emergency budget, and the media coverage of 'Labour ruining the economy' leading up to it, was 22nd June. Labour's leadership election finished 25th September. Miliband made errors, but it's very hard to overturn that narrative as we saw when he was hammered for refusing to accept Labour 'spent too much' all the way up to the election campaign.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 7, 2016, 10:27:17 am »
of course they were trying to screw labour over, the lib dems ffs!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #30 on: December 7, 2016, 10:31:05 am »
of course they were trying to screw labour over, the lib dems ffs!

Not sure of your point? In order to screw over your political opponents then it's understandable to throw away your economic policy and sign up to something you know is going to be absolutely destructive to many of your constituents?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 7, 2016, 10:36:33 am »
Richard Dawkin's letter in the Guardian:

I write to suggest that the Liberal Democratic party should change its name to The European Party. ... as anyone in marketing will attest, their brand is tarnished by association with the first Cameron government. And the obvious name is The European Party. No need to change policies. Just the name. And no long-winded “Liberal Democratic and European Party” stuff. Just “The European Party”, plain and simple.

I venture that huge numbers of the growing 48 percenters would flock to join, in a great revival of party fortunes. Probably some Labour MPs threatened with deselection, too. Maybe even some principled Tories.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/02/what-progressive-parties-can-learn-from-the-richmond-park-result

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2016, 05:50:42 pm »

To be honest despite my initial moaning I will probably vote Labour again. Havent ever voted for anyone else. But if voting for Lib Dems meant a guarantee stopping of Brexit then its not even a debate.

However I think it needs to be stated that it would have to mean that Lib Dems had a realistic chance of winning. But I think you said as well that if they were the real alternative to the Tories with the greater chamce of winning then you would vote for them as well?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2016, 06:35:49 pm »
Not as if they'd have gone in with labour in a coalition was it?
For a political party that was set up to oppose the Tories...Err yes absolutely, they could of kept Labour "in check".
As it is the two Public Schoolboys got together and Con/Demned the nation. 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 7, 2016, 06:40:19 pm »
To be honest despite my initial moaning I will probably vote Labour again. Havent ever voted for anyone else. But if voting for Lib Dems meant a guarantee stopping of Brexit then its not even a debate.

However I think it needs to be stated that it would have to mean that Lib Dems had a realistic chance of winning. But I think you said as well that if they were the real alternative to the Tories with the greater chamce of winning then you would vote for them as well?
if one UKIP MP has made the Tories shit over he referendum wouldn't a significant jump in Lib Dem MPs do the same over the type of brexit done? They don't need to win power, but if they got to 20+ MPs (which I reckon could happen with the improved by election performance of them and labour's terrible performance in by elections post referendum) then it will have more impact than say UKIP going from 1 MP to 4/5

For a political party that was set up to oppose the Tories...Err yes absolutely, they could of kept Labour "in check".
As it is the two Public Schoolboys got together and Con/Demned the nation. 
labour were massively unpopular at that point and it would have ruined both parties had there been a labour/lib dem coalition

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2016, 06:45:07 pm »
Nope, we're stuck with Brexit. Give the leave voters their shovels and let them dig their own graves, we'll make the best of it.

That said, I think a liberal government is the best way for us to move forward.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 06:47:39 pm by thelinnen »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #36 on: December 7, 2016, 06:53:07 pm »
I could never vote Lib Dem again, voted for them in 2010, and ended up with those blue rinsed c*nts in power.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »
if one UKIP MP has made the Tories shit over he referendum wouldn't a significant jump in Lib Dem MPs do the same over the type of brexit done? They don't need to win power, but if they got to 20+ MPs (which I reckon could happen with the improved by election performance of them and labour's terrible performance in by elections post referendum) then it will have more impact than say UKIP going from 1 MP to 4/5
labour were massively unpopular at that point and it would have ruined both parties had there been a labour/lib dem coalition

Cant see it happening. If Labour lose seats I would be more worried about UKIP then the Lib Dems, and where the Lib Dems were once popular, they lose out to the Tories in the South West (which voted Leave) and Scotland (good luck in shifting the SNP) so I really can't see any significant revival. Plus there is the fact that if the next election is in 2020 we will already be out of the EU and I'm not sure what the point of supporting Remain is after we have actually left.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #38 on: December 7, 2016, 07:15:12 pm »
I hate Lib Dems just as much as tories so no. Plus I want a hard Brexit so no.

If you knew the total lies Lib Dems make on a local level then you'd never entertain the thought of voting for them.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 7, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
Cant see it happening. If Labour lose seats I would be more worried about UKIP then the Lib Dems, and where the Lib Dems were once popular, they lose out to the Tories in the South West (which voted Leave) and Scotland (good luck in shifting the SNP) so I really can't see any significant revival. Plus there is the fact that if the next election is in 2020 we will already be out of the EU and I'm not sure what the point of supporting Remain is after we have actually left.
firstly there's a possibility of an early election, but if there is an election post brexit and it's a hard brexit and the country goes to shit then UKIP will be redundant, people will be massively fucked off with the Tories for it happening and labour for just waving it through whereas the lib dems will be seen as the ones against the most damaging thing in this generation and will get positive traction and could get a shock win, I mean a month ago trump became president of the USA ffs so these kinds of upsets aren't unfeasible at all