Author Topic: FT Southampton 1 - 0 Liverpool (Redmond 20')  (Read 31834 times)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Re: FT Southampton 1 - 0 Liverpool (Redmond 20')
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2017, 11:05:22 pm »
Fuck, that was a shitshow from us today. Worst game for a long time, even though the final score wasn't all that bad. I think we need a pacy winger this window. Tonight was too much of a return to last season, where we couldn't slip in behind or win 1 v. 1s with pace or a bit of skill. We also didn't have any balance. Firmino is a great CF, but his form has fallen off a cliff playing LW. I hope he returns to playing centrally now that Coutinho is back.

On to Sunday! 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 11, 2017, 11:06:19 pm »
I'm glad I hardly look at these post match threads these days. Dear, oh dear...   ::)

Like I've said earlier in the thread, we've won twice in that kit.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2017, 11:07:14 pm »
Lucas' legs were gone. It happens somewhere around the 70 minute mark every time he plays in midfield and has done since his last injuries; its bonkers he's still at the club.

Yeah, it's bonkers to have an experienced player who can play in more than one position who never gives less than 100 percent and who is clearly a big presence in the dressing room.

Bonkers, that. Not to mention that he was probably our best player in the first half (albeit that isn't saying much) and he wont be the last player to be out-sprinted by Shane Long late on in a game.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:49 pm »
To think we rested 8 of those players for Plymouth... LOL

I'd play that same XI for plymouth and if they're too tired, then fuck them.

Tired,jaded.... fuck off with the excuses, you're clearly not good enough.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »
It says we went to a quasi-back 3 with Coutinho dropping into the hole, Can and Lallana either side of him and the two full backs playing in a very advanced position. Lucas' technical and tactical qualities are easily champions league/Europa league level. His physical attributes are lower league level these days. He simply doesn't have the legs to play in our system that relies so much on the defensive midfielder shutting down attacks down the sides of the centre backs these days.

I don't disagree with the notion that he's not great at one-on-ones, against fresh legs, after 70 minutes.

But my response was to a post that rubbished his entire contribution. Which is not just unfair, but actually silly. He was our most effective midfielder for an hour, and Klopp clearly thought there were other options more pressing when looking at getting an equaliser.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2017, 11:09:50 pm »

We're second in the table and in a semi-final of a cup through sheer luck then, I suppose?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »

Yeah mate the team sitting second in the league and in a cup semi-final clearly aren't good enough. We should fuck the manager off as well cause he put those shit players out there. He even purchased one or two of them himself, he's a fraud, just like his squad.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:27 pm »
Like I've said earlier in the thread, we've won twice in that kit.
And that's the reason we lost???

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:37 pm »
We're second in the table and in a semi-final of a cup through sheer luck then, I suppose?

No, everything we've done until 2017 has been fantastic...but 1 player gets injured and everything goes tits up.

JK reassured us we'd cope during this spell...we're yet to win a game in 2017.

And if this style of play continues I fear the worst, we'll end up 5th and another trophyless season.

Body language at start of 2nd half was ATROCIOUS... you could see the pattern of play wasn't going to change.

DISAPPOINTING.

We need to be active in the next 3 weeks.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:53 pm »
Yeah, it's bonkers to have an experienced player who can play in more than one position who never gives less than 100 percent and who is clearly a big presence in the dressing room.

Bonkers, that. Not to mention that he was probably our best player in the first half (albeit that isn't saying much) and he wont be the last player to be out-sprinted by Shane Long late on in a game.

Don't you know you are arguing against someone who knows better than Jurgen Klopp?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2017, 11:17:11 pm »
if i were a southampton fan, i'd be absolutely gutted at this point: they've pretty much thrown away a trip to wembley with poor finishing.

the second leg will be more than comfortable for us. and wembley (and another chance to humiliate mourinho) beckons! :D
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2017, 11:17:54 pm »
We need to get the cheque book out, we have to ask ourselves why havent we got a replacement for Mane in knowing he was off this month?

Because you don't sign a player for a month...
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:03 pm »
Don't you know you are arguing against someone who knows better than Jurgen Klopp?

You think Klopp is a fan of Lucas in CM?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:31 pm »
And that's the reason we lost???

No, the reason we lost is because Southampton defended well, we played poorly and they scored one more than we did.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:44 pm »
No, everything we've done until 2017 has been fantastic...but 1 player gets injured and everything goes tits up.

JK reassured us we'd cope during this spell...we're yet to win a game in 2017.

And if this style of play continues I fear the worst, we'll end up 5th and another trophyless season.

Body language at start of 2nd half was ATROCIOUS... you could see the pattern of play wasn't going to change.

DISAPPOINTING.

We need to be active in the next 3 weeks.

You sound like Donald Trump, go to bed. BAD!
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2017, 11:19:08 pm »
Could do with Henderson and Matip now. We are starting to feel the loss of too many key players.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2017, 11:19:24 pm »
Thats the final nail in the coffin for Sturridge, for me.

That was the performance of a coward. Hasn't got a sprint in him. Seemed to be deliberately occupying space that was less favourable for him to receive the ball.

There were a few very poor performances there tonight, none showed the cowardice that Sturridge displayed.

Our play was lethargic and has been for a few games. Its not ideal going into Sundays game but defeat at Old Trafford, we're moving from worrying to an actual slump.

We looked tired and leggy from around 60 mins. Bit of cause for concern.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2017, 11:19:36 pm »
No, the reason we lost is because Southampton defended well, we played poorly and they scored one more than we did.
Just re-read your post. Mistaken identity, apologies. 

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:04 pm »
if i were a southampton fan, i'd be absolutely gutted at this point: they've pretty much thrown away a trip to wembley with poor finishing.

the second leg will be more than comfortable for us. and wembley (and another chance to humiliate mourinho) beckons! :D

As we have already witnessed twice this season they are a tough side to break down and seeing as though they have something to hold onto then it's not going to be easy even at Anfield.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:27 pm »
Just re-read your post. Mistaken identity, apologies.

That's OK. :)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2017, 11:21:30 pm »
Could do with Henderson and Matip now. We are starting to feel the loss of too many key players.

The main loss is Mane but we sure could do with Marip back in defence.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2017, 11:21:47 pm »
Thats the final nail in the coffin for Sturridge, for me.

That was the performance of a coward. Hasn't go a sprint in him. Seemed to be deliberately occupy space that was less favourable to him receive the ball.

There were a few very poor performances there tonight, none showed the cowardice that Sturridge displayed.

Our play was lethargic and has been for a few games. Its not ideal going into Sundays game but defeat at Old Trafford, we're moving from worrying to an actual slump.

We looked tired and leggy from around 60 mins. Bit of cause for concern.

Sturridge is one of the bravest we have when it comes to getting on the ball and trying to do things? Very strange thing to criticise him for?

Now if you were to say everything he did with the ball tonight was shit, you'd be justified but you can't accuse Daniel Sturridge of being afraid of the ball.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:06 pm »
As we have already witnessed twice this season they are a tough side to break down and seeing as though they have something to hold onto then it's not going to be easy even at Anfield.

They're really well organised with a really good back 5. No clue why they've been conceding some goals lately - probably bad luck. Underlying numbers still have them at 7 or 8th best team in the league

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:23 pm »
These post match threads after a defeat are getting very predictable.

Seems to be a good mix of doom mongerers on one side, and delusional fanatics who see no wrong on the other.

We were poor tonight, perhaps the poorest all season given the few positives from the game and the lack of excuses that we could use like youth and fixture build up.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:49 pm »
Apparently we've only lost this season when we've played with that horrible toxic thunder kit  :o

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2017, 11:23:33 pm »
The main loss is Mane but we sure could do with Marip back in defence.

Clearly 'the main loss', if you need to define it, is Henderson.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:52 pm »
These post match threads after a defeat are getting very predictable.

Seems to be a good mix of doom mongerers on one side, and delusional fanatics who see no wrong on the other.

We were poor tonight, perhaps the poorest all season given the few positives from the game and the lack of excuses that we could use like youth and fixture build up.

I can see the doom mongerers, but where are the delusional fanatics?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:14 pm »
Apparently we've only lost this season when we've played with that horrible toxic thunder kit  :o

But we've also won whilst wearing it.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:59 pm »
Sturridge is one of the bravest we have when it comes to getting on the ball and trying to do things? Very strange thing to criticise him for?

Now if you were to say everything he did with the ball tonight was shit, you'd be justified but you can't accuse Daniel Sturridge of being afraid of the ball.

I can and I did.

He doesnt want the ball anywhere but around the box.Thats fair enough if thats his only job but we require more from him in our setup. Theres a reason he's not first choice here.

His unwillingness to try get behind is getting more and more blatant. I cant tell you the last time he sprinted more than 5 metres.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:37 pm »
You think Klopp is a fan of Lucas in CM?

If he isn't, then why didn't he play Stewart? Or Can, with someone else in Can's position?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »
I can and I did.

He doesnt want the ball anywhere but around the box.Thats fair enough if thats his only job but we require more from him in our setup. Theres a reason he's not first choice here.

His unwillingness to try get behind is getting more and more blatant. I cant tell you the last time he sprinted more than 5 metres.

Watch out... Leicester game reference incoming.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2017, 11:29:00 pm »
Or our owners won't give him proper cash to spend.

Man U spend 90 mill on one player whilst we scrape around for the likes of Klavan and Milner.

Honestly what the fuck you on about. Milner has been a brilliant signing and Klavan has done a decent job, no signings are perfect.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2017, 11:32:09 pm »

There really is no mystique behind this. It's an away kit, therefore we'll play it in games away from home. Away games are never easy and given that we're unbeaten at Anfield in about a year we're obviously more likely to lose away from home.

It has no bearing on our result what colour kit we wear.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2017, 11:34:02 pm »

A lot of thought went into that post. I can tell
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2017, 11:36:04 pm »
Our away form is a worry.

We got to go to places like Hull Watford West Brom West Ham.

We're  dropping points

Do fans think plymouth is a given? I fancy them to take us to the cleaners. They will battle and they will fight, i just hope we're up for it otherwise we may  find ourselves with a battle of our own from February  onwards...not a showdown final at wembley, oh no, but instead cementing our top 4 spot.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:39:49 pm by Binomial »

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 11, 2017, 11:37:11 pm »
Honestly what the fuck you on about. Milner has been a brilliant signing and Klavan has done a decent job, no signings are perfect.

He's a manc. Don't bite mate.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:09 pm »
If he isn't, then why didn't he play Stewart? Or Can, with someone else in Can's position?

Literally the first time he's started there all season and most of last. Stewart presumably not because he played 90 at the weekend and who else in Can's position?? Once you lose Henderson and move Lallana forward the options are very limited
Anyway you can convince me of many things but I'm not buying Klopp as a fan of Lucas in CM - he hasn't played him there for months and months

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 11, 2017, 11:39:06 pm »

Fatigue is a part of top flight sport; NBA, Tennis, MMA, Football etc. What the fuck are you on about? If you're rested by the coach and come back and have a poor game you're not good enough?

We're still a few players short of being a Chelsea, City etc. The team right now are over-achieving, and let's be honest that's mostly down to Klopp being a fucking genius. Footballers get tired, they can play 60-70 games in a calendar year, and under a Klopp system that issue is just exacerbated. We're entering a tough period of our season, but we just need to persevere and do our best to grind out results.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #398 on: January 11, 2017, 11:42:47 pm »
Pretty sure not long ago we had players running off each other enthusiastically. Bursting into the box.

Now, we're just recycling the ball to each other with no vertical penetration at all - and taking a touch too long to do it. It was almost Brendan like tonight - and Sunday.

We seem to have lost our va va voom. We were cocky and confident, last couple of games we've seemed nervous and unsure of what to do. Like theres no defined plan that the players are buying in to.

Been a bit odd since West Ham.

Odd since West Ham? we went on a 4 game win streak which included Everton, City and 3-0 at Boro after them. So over the top.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 11, 2017, 11:43:52 pm »
I'm going to have to avoid this part of the forum until Monday at least.

We were poor, we weren't ourselves, but there is still another match to go.

Can has been disappointing as of late.

Thank God Coutinho is back.