Author Topic: Liverpool vs Spurs  (Read 3904 times)

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
Liverpool vs Spurs
« on: January 18, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
Does anybody know what's going on with the trains from London to Liverpool on that day? Doesn't seem to have any trains running after 7.48pm. Don't want to stay at Liverpool overnight and wouldn't be able to last long in a coach due to motion sickness.

Also, don't think i would make it to Lime Street by legging it at full time based on past experiences.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:56:58 pm by SyukriJ »
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
Re: Liverpool vs Spurs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »
Does anybody know what's going on with the trains from London to Liverpool on that day? Doesn't seem to have any trains running after 7.48pm. Don't want to stay at Liverpool overnight and wouldn't be able to last long in a coach due to motion sickness.

Also, don't think i would make it to Lime Street by legging it at full time based on past experiences.

Thanks!

Did it before and never again, if there wasn't a bus coming past I could get on towards the city centre, I'd of been screwed and would have missed the train to London
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Online arhey

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:06:46 pm »
There aren't any trains and it's always a pain for these late Sat matches.

At the moment I'm waiting on a Spurs fan as they've got a charter train going up from Milton Keynes (maybe Euston) before and after the match. If you've got a Spurs mate who's going and you don't mind being on their train, that might be an option.

If I can't get on that, I'll probably be driving from Windsor. If I do, might be able to offer you a lift. Will post here when I know.

Was going to stay for the weekend (usually do) but the hotel prices have gone mental.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »
There aren't any trains and it's always a pain for these late Sat matches.

At the moment I'm waiting on a Spurs fan as they've got a charter train going up from Milton Keynes (maybe Euston) before and after the match. If you've got a Spurs mate who's going and you don't mind being on their train, that might be an option.

If I can't get on that, I'll probably be driving from Windsor. If I do, might be able to offer you a lift. Will post here when I know.

Was going to stay for the weekend (usually do) but the hotel prices have gone mental.

A charter train? Do Liverpool run these to London on away days?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »
A charter train? Do Liverpool run these to London on away days?

No but I have seen we do offer some rail tickets from London as part of a hospitality package for some games

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:38:22 pm »
Chelsea chartered a train back from Lime St for its fans after the league cup semi final 2 years ago as did Spurs earlier in the competition.

Interesting because in all my recent dealings with Virgin Trains, I get the impression that they have nothing but contempt for Football Supporters.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:42:31 pm »
Chelsea chartered a train back from Lime St for its fans after the league cup semi final 2 years ago as did Spurs earlier in the competition.

Interesting because in all my recent dealings with Virgin Trains, I get the impression that they have nothing but contempt for Football Supporters.

Really? I travel up from London every game and recently they've started putting extra direct Liverpool-Euston trains on after games, for instance after the Watford game. They're usually decent.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:47:27 pm »
Looks like you can only get on spurs charter if you buy ticket through them https://www.thomascooksport.com/event/Liverpool-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-FC-----Away-Train-Travel/12835

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 09:51:56 pm »
Really? I travel up from London every game and recently they've started putting extra direct Liverpool-Euston trains on after games, for instance after the Watford game. They're usually decent.

I've asked Virgin repeatedly why they won't run a train after 19:48 on a Saturday's they won't answer. They sent an email about the day of the Stoke game saying they'd honour tickets for the 20:48 service on the 19:47 one to avoid over crowding and then knocked people back. The whole way up on the train up to the Plymouth game a fortnight back the train manager kept putting messages out about how they reserved the right to refuse people onto the train back if they were drunk. In 17 years of using that service I've witnessed 1 fight, 14 years ago.

I wouldn't mind you use Virgin Trains at any time other than on a match day and they are empty.

Offline Jack Sambrook

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »
Back on sale soon with members with 4 credits from last season , will they drop down to 2 ?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 04:01:04 pm »
Back on sale soon with members with 4 credits from last season , will they drop down to 2 ?

Chelsea went to 3 then 2 but thats on a Tuesday night so Spurs might drop only to 3 !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 04:28:39 pm »

Yes
+18 ticket exchange

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2017, 03:39:13 pm »
I'm struggling with this also. Infurating as I really wanted to go as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2017, 02:36:02 pm »
Loads up now.

Offline mrmclark

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 08:28:54 am »

Loads of tickets popping up

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »
1 credit sales have dissapeared !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 09:46:30 am »

Chelsea did the same for their league game last Tuesday. Was about 4 or 5 Virgin trains going from Lime Street to Euston.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 12:59:34 pm »
I cant feel believe they're still selling hospitality for this game. Wasted seats!

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »
I cant feel believe they're still selling hospitality for this game. Wasted seats!

We've got far too many though. They'll easily sell out when we're playing well and in the top two, but not after the run we've had.

They also cannot convert them into 'normal' match day tickets like with the Thomas Cook seats, as they're only accessed via the lounges etc...

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 02:58:55 pm »
Chelsea did the same for their league game last Tuesday. Was about 4 or 5 Virgin trains going from Lime Street to Euston.

Spurs doing the same today from South Parkway. On the subject of Virgin Trains I also saw people miss the train back after the Swansea game because they couldn't check all the tickets in time 3 weeks ago. The transport police intervened a week later to stop a repeat scenario against Wolves.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:03 pm »
Footy specials would be great back from away night matches