Author Topic: Jordan Brian Henderson - where does he not fit in?  (Read 507604 times)

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Re: Jordan Brian Henderson - where does he not fit in?
« Reply #4160 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:07 pm »
Am I right in saying that up until yesterday, Henderson had played every minute of every BPL game for us this season?

Think he was substituted once in December. Possibly Norwich or West Ham at Anfield?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4161 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:16 pm »
Posted in the Lucas thread but makes more sense here:

Who is likely to replace Hendo in the matchday squad I wonder. Alberto? Doubt it will be Smith or Rossiter. Maybe Teixeira? Maybe recall Coady? When does Suso's loan finish I wonder...

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4162 on: April 14, 2014, 10:58:45 pm »
Feel sorry for the kid, especially with the amount of flack he's received in the past. One of the unsung heroes from this group of players. Poor touch by Henderson but should have enough intelligence to not lunge in like that, definite red and no need to appeal.

Hopefully the lads do the business in the next three games for him to enjoy the party against his enemy.

Offline HBAHFH

• Main Stander
« Reply #4163 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:57 pm »
I'm sure Lucas and Allen can pick up the slack and give Hendo the fairytale ending he deserves, he's been a titan this season.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #4164 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »
They have previous mind we playing well and they set out and succeeded in injuring Alonso out of the game without doubt they will target phillipe need Lucas there to help protect him from from snide attacks
Alas, I think you're spot on - they won't play us at our own game, but will go all out to rile us up. Lets face it, they have the Worlds most adept dirty c*nt in their side in Terry. As for Hendo, then his energy will be missed, but lets face it, we now have a fully operational Lucas who ain't too shabby at harassing the oppo himself.

Sadly though, it was a red card anyday of the week. The supreme irony is though that as has already been mentioned above, it's perverse that he got (rightly I state again) sent off when Eto'o done similar and got away with it and they're the ones benefiting when we play them. Bastards.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #4165 on: April 15, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »
Here's to you Jordan Henderson..

can't get the tune out of me head.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4166 on: April 16, 2014, 02:27:31 am »
I love Henderson and he's been essential to our challenge so far but he has seemed slightly off-colour in the past couple of matches. Not to say he's been poor, but he hasn't appeared as lively as he did. He's set such high standards so far in everything, particularly his pressing, that it's noticeable when suddenly you don't find him all over the pitch. On City's second goal, you can see he switches off for Milner's run, and I think the occasion may have gotten to him (though it did many others too). Wouldn't have wanted him suspended but the break may serve him well, and hopefully he will return for Newcastle and help us lift the title.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4167 on: April 16, 2014, 02:41:04 am »
He's played almost every minute of every game for us, covering a fuck load of ground and not holding back. Maybe it's taken a bit of a toll on him physically, but he's still been vital for us recently.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4168 on: April 16, 2014, 06:10:51 am »
He's played almost every minute of every game for us, covering a fuck load of ground and not holding back. Maybe it's taken a bit of a toll on him physically, but he's still been vital for us recently.

I very much agree with this - he has been enormous for us this season and it's a shame that he will miss these next three games. I could very much see Brendan putting one of the youngsters on the bench, instilling them with the idea that he has the confidence in them in the ultimate crunch time to be there and do a job - he's always got one eye on the future and this will do wonders for any young lad (Texeira maybe) he sticks in there. Hendo will be full of nuclear energy to get back against Newcastle of all teams - could it be an X factor for us in the final match? We'll see.

I think the second half of that City match will serve us well against Chelsea - they got through the panic and snatched the victory and hopefully they will learn from it and be ready next time to maintain their composure for the full 90 minutes. If they just go out and play their game and follow the manager's lead, they will take the prize. We have been the best team in the league this season, so we are not asking for miracles or favours from the heavens.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4169 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:00 am »
Gutted to be missing him for the three games though he has played a lot of football this season, has that wrist injury. Maybe these three weeks will help him rest up and heal especially as he'll be taken to the world cup.  Best of luck to Newcastle they will get Hendoed.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4170 on: April 16, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »
Has the three game ban been confirmed?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4171 on: April 16, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »
Still gutted he's going to miss 3 games. FUCK
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4172 on: April 16, 2014, 08:17:16 pm »
He's been fantastic this season, and it really is unfortunate that he'll be missing the next 3 crucial games. Not simply from the team's point of view, but on a personal level, I'm sure he was looking forward to playing a part in these sort of tense/important games. We're 4 games from greatness, and he'll be missing 3. It really is tough luck for him.

As far as the void we face with his suspension, with all due respect to Henderson, I think we'll cope. Lucas and Allen have been sitting in the sidelines waiting for their opportunity to play a part in this run, and especially with reference to Lucas, mentally and physically strong enough to cope with the tremendous amount of pressure the players will be facing over the next few weeks. Our success thus far hasn't been dictated my 1-2 players, in fact, all our top players have missed numerous games (and key games) throughout the season and though we may have worried about playing without our "key" players, we've managed to overcome. It's why we're sitting pretty atop the league.

Here's hoping his next start (should he start at Anfield against Newcastle) will see him walk off the pitch as a permier league champion.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #4173 on: April 16, 2014, 09:11:20 pm »
Hendo at Eastlands watching City v Sunderland tonight.

Got to say, as one who always saw potential in him, I feel remarkably paternal about this lad.  How he's turned into one of our crucial players is credit to both him, and Brendan Rodgers ability to improve players.
Believe...

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #4174 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:16 pm »
Anyone else really like the fact that he goes to see Sunderland whenever he can. Obviously gives it all for us but nice to see he hasn't forgotten his roots.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4175 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:16 pm »
Anyone else really like the fact that he goes to see Sunderland whenever he can. Obviously gives it all for us but nice to see he hasn't forgotten his roots.

Seems like something of a good luck charm too!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4176 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:03 pm »
We need him to go to Sunderland v Chelsea then, if he's a good luck charm.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4177 on: April 17, 2014, 03:07:02 am »
Here's hoping his next start (should he start at Anfield against Newcastle) will see him walk ONTO the pitch as a permier league champion.

Corrected that for you :)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4178 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:44 am »

Yeah, it's good to see I think. He's a good lad is Jordan, by all accounts is extremely professional and dedicated. If only he could run properly eh...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4179 on: April 17, 2014, 03:42:19 am »
So as it turns out it looks like Hendersons red card may have sat Silva down for a game, which may have cost them points.

3 games - 1game -2 points = 0    Hendo buddy. All is forgiven. Come home soon. We miss you.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4180 on: April 17, 2014, 04:16:36 am »
So as it turns out it looks like Hendersons red card may have sat Silva down for a game, which may have cost them points.

3 games - 1game -2 points = 0    Hendo buddy. All is forgiven. Come home soon. We miss you.

The tackle was on Nasri, not Silva.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4181 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:50 am »
Corrected that for you :)

My bad, correction accepted.  ;D Love the confidence! :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4182 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:49 am »
Can't imagine him not playing for us. Im sure he's played almost every match. Hopefully we dont miss him and Lucas/Allen or both can cover for him, i believe they can.

He's a brilliant player to watch now and not just someone who's extremely effective. Some of his little flicks and backheels are brilliant and he is on the same wavelength as all our players. Something which is very important. Suarez is no longer playing with the likes of Carroll, Downing, Adam and even Kuyt who might have been smart enough but had almost 0 technical ability and pace. Other than Moses who rarely plays and maybe Allen to be honest (no criticism but attacking wise he can be a bit slow) there isn't anyone in the squad who slow us down.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4183 on: April 17, 2014, 11:51:19 am »
I think we'll realise against Norwich just how important he is at times, he's been doing an incredible job these last few months.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline J24llen

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #4184 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:53 pm »
And here's to you, Jordan Henderson,
Kopites love you more than you will know,
know-oh-oh...
God bless you, please Jordan Henderson,
Anfield holds a place for those who play

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=760180544013957
~~~~~~Justice For The 96~~~~~~~~

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4185 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/17/jordan-henderson-liverpool-suspended?CMP=twt_gu

Jordan Henderson is now invaluable – can Liverpool cope without him?

The player who was nearly off-loaded to Fulham as a makeweight for Clint Dempsey has started every league game since March 2013 – but is suspended for the next three

As Jay Rodriguez danced through an almost nonexistent Liverpool midfield and shrugged off Lucas Leiva's feeble challenge before finishing past Brad Jones at the second attempt, he consigned Brendan Rodgers to a ninth defeat of his debut season at Anfield.

It was to be the final defeat of his first year at Liverpool but one that emphasised the failure to learn from mistakes that had defined it. Liverpool lined up in a 4-2-4 that day, as Rodgers attempted to blitz through Southampton by shoehorning Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suárez into the starting XI and pairing Steven Gerrard in midfield with a half-fit Joe Allen.

Beware the Ides of March. It resulted in a miserable 3-1 defeat, with the away side overrun in the middle and overworked by Mauricio Pochettino's high-pressing style.

After the game Rodgers commented:"It certainly wasn't how we have been playing in the past few weeks." It was a performance and result that was indicative of the club's direction during their five-year hiatus from Champions League football. Looking for a first run of four successive victories in more than two years, they fell apart. The momentum they had built from a late win over Tottenham Hotspur the previous weekend evaporated.

Significantly, it was the last time that Rodgers selected a league side without Jordan Henderson in it. The midfielder was belatedly introduced after Rodriguez had swept the Saints into an unassailable lead, a case of locking the stable door long after the horse had bolted.

Too late in that game, too late in the season, but not too late in the development of Rodgers' Liverpool. Henderson has started all 42 Liverpool league games in the 13 months since and become far more than an ever-present cog in the wheel. In that time they have lost only five, and won 28, while their goalscoring record has grown considerably.

From scoring 56 goals in the first 30 games of that season (1.9 a game), that tally has jumped to 107 (at 2.5 a game) since defeat on the south coast.

The only league action he has missed this season was the final 22 minutes of the 5-1 win against Norwich City in December.

While Mr. Ferguson has his own issues with Henderson's running style, it's unlikely Steven Gerrard would share them. Without Henderson's relentless efforts beside him, it is unlikely Gerrard's transition to a deep-lying midfielder this season would have gone so smoothly.

He is the engine room which allows Gerrard to sit, which supports a scintillating attack and protects an often shaky defence. He is the one constant in a perpetually rotating cycle of formations, from three at the back to midfield triangles and diamonds.

His rash challenge on Samir Nasri in the dying embers of Sunday's momentous 3-2 win against Manchester City betrayed a rare tiredness in the £16m signing from Sunderland. A heavy touch and lapse in concentration produced an uncharacteristic lunge and Liverpool's first red card since Jonjo Shelvey's against Manchester United in September 2012. Three games without Henderson present Rodgers with perhaps his trickiest challenge of the season.

The manager's tactical flexibility has underpinned Liverpool's surge, and when it has come through the necessity of personnel changes he has often found a way to make it work. Starting the season without the suspended Luis Suárez, he carried over a system from the end of the 2012-13 season that allowed Daniel Sturridge to flourish as the lone focal point of attack. It produced three dogged 1-0 wins, which propelled Liverpool to the top of the table.

Coutinho's shoulder injury in the 2-2 draw at Swansea in September coincided with the return of Suárez, who scored five goals in the five games for which the Brazilian was absent. The trio of Suárez-Sturridge-Coutinho started only one game before the turn of the year, a 4-0 demolition of Fulham.

An ankle injury sustained by Sturridge in training led to him missing seven weeks, while Gerrard's pulled hamstring ruled him out of action for half that time. A Gerrard-less Liverpool thrived in a 5-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur but they were also overcome in his absence during back-to-back defeats by Manchester City and Chelsea.

Since Sturridge's goalscoring return in the 5-3 win at Stoke City in January, Rodgers has had a full quota of his star players to call upon. It is little coincidence that stabilisation has returned 13 wins in 15 games since the visit of Hull on New Year's Day.

With hindsight that dismal performance at Southampton appears to be a turning point in Rodgers' tenure. It signalled the promotion of Henderson to be the embodiment of what the former Swansea manager wanted to achieve.

From a likely fall-guy in the botched attempt to bring Clint Dempsey to Anfield, the full extent of Henderson's transformation may only become apparent in his enforced absence. It could be the most difficult puzzle for Rodgers to solve in the pursuit of Liverpool's first league title in 24 years.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4186 on: April 17, 2014, 03:11:24 pm »
He's only missed 24 mins and 29 seconds this season! League of course

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4187 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »
The tackle was on Nasri, not Silva.

Really? oops. 

Well in that case im still gutted about the red card.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4188 on: April 17, 2014, 06:31:55 pm »
How do we replace Henderson? I'd argue we bring Coutinho inside to play in a three with Gerrard and Lucas. He was immensely combative against City and could be again - plus it allows Allen to be on the bench to stabilise us later on - which he is rather good at. That said, if Sturridge is still out it leaves us a front three of Suarez Sterling and Moses or other. Which just isn't the same.

Either that or a straight swap for Allen - but Allen would have to up his game.

Oh man, we are going to miss him.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Stevie8

• Main Stander
« Reply #4189 on: April 17, 2014, 06:37:08 pm »
I think Henderson is the main player of our midfield. Imagine where we would be without him. Joe Allen is not the same class, unfortunately.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #4190 on: April 17, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »
I think Henderson is the main player of our midfield. Imagine where we would be without him. Joe Allen is not the same class, unfortunately.

That's such a poor post, on so many levels.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4191 on: April 17, 2014, 06:45:43 pm »
Henderson is singular in his athleticism/endurance, but Allen has his own strengths that Henderson doesn't necessarily possess as well. I think if roles were reversed between the two this season regarding fitness and injuries, we would be referring to Allen in a similar way regarding importance to the team.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4192 on: April 17, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »

The way our midfield is set up helps enhance the best attributes of the entire lot of them.

Henderson, Gerrard have both had phenomenal seasons, but I'd say Allen has looked very good too for the most part, as has Coutinho. I think Allen is more handy in possession, has better ball control than Henderson, who is the better presser and better in and around the final third. Henderson's quicker, but Allen can manouvre out of tight positions etc.

Lucas has also had some very good performances but I feel his importance to our midfield setup has declined this year. I do think he'll have a big role to play with European games next season and (hopefully) 50+ game season.

They've all got their positive attributes. I think Allen is a very talented player, and will only get better. The only midfielder who'll be a different class to the rest in a year or two's time is Coutinho, he's the one who can reach world class levels, the likes of which Stevie's performed at the last 3 years and did for most of his prime. That's not to say that Hendo/Allen can't become great players, they can, I just think the only one with a clear difference in talent level out of our lot is Coutinho.

I hope Allen steps in and plays at the level he's been performing at recently. He's a top lad with a great attitude just like Henderson. There's a reason why the squad is so together right now. The guys on the bench are always supporting the guys on the pitch. Positive minded team players are essential for this, which is exactly what Hendo and Allen are.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:10:34 pm by elpistolero7 »
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »
Every time we've had injuries this year it's been a chance for someone else to step up. That's the same this time with Hendo's suspension.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4194 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:00 pm »
have we played any game without Hendo this season? i know we rotated Allen-Lucas-Coutinho, but can't remember Hendo
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4195 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:18 pm »
have we played any game without Hendo this season? i know we rotated Allen-Lucas-Coutinho, but can't remember Hendo
No, he's played all but about 20 minutes in the league this season.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4196 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:14 pm »
Every time we've had injuries this year it's been a chance for someone else to step up. That's the same this time with Hendo's suspension.
Amazing isn't it? I've said it a few times now that we finally have that team we wanted all these years. The one where if our main players have an off-day, someone else always steps up. If it's not Sterling this week, it's Skrtel the other. If it's not Skrtel, it's Hendo, if it's not Hendo or Luis/Sturridge, it's Coutinho, or Gerrard. If it's not him it's a 19-year old Spaniard on his debut.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:07:46 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4197 on: April 17, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »
No, he's played all but about 20 minutes in the league this season.

that speaks a lot how important he's for us
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4198 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:02 pm »
I think the only game he hasn't started was Arsenal in the cup (right after his wrist injury) and he came on in the second half and added a huge amount of impetus to the game. He's vital to the way we play. Think we should hopefully be alright against Norwich but he will be massively missed against Chelsea in particular.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #4199 on: April 17, 2014, 10:25:05 pm »
I think the only game he hasn't started was Arsenal in the cup (right after his wrist injury) and he came on in the second half and added a huge amount of impetus to the game. He's vital to the way we play. Think we should hopefully be alright against Norwich but he will be massively missed against Chelsea in particular.
Thats it then, away win for the Blues  :butt. We won't miss him, we will deal with it and win the games. I wish people would have more faith in his replacements. You never know, his replacement might come in and do a better job.