Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 591842 times)

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Barca would smash Dortmund.

Bayern Madrid final please. With Bayern winning. Wouldn't mind Bayern Dortmund but would prefer 2 teams from a different nation.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
Shite like this can really turn you off a player. I used to LOVE Rivaldo and then he acted the twat at the world cup and got that lad sent off.

Can see why you'd think that but the Turks were fucking awful that game, diving around, forcing the ball to be kicked out of play every counter attack, and it came back and bit them in the ass so I was ok with Rivaldo showing them how it's done.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
A lot of under-rating of BVB here.

the only team in the competition who's won all of their 5 home games and hasn't lost a single game in 10.

I wouldn't be quick to call it "a walk in the park", Madrid "clear favourite"

in fact, if you do a best XI of BVB and Madrid, there'll be even players on each side.

Depth wise they are inferior for sure, but seeing they are guaranteed their CL spot for next year, they can just rest their stars in league and solely focus on this game.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Barca would smash Dortmund.

Bayern Madrid final please. With Bayern winning. Wouldn't mind Bayern Dortmund but would prefer 2 teams from a different nation.

Really think people underestimate Dortmund here. They had a bad set of games over the quarters, but are unbeaten in the competition and have a terrific side. Think they can give anyone a game, especially with Hummels back. Having him back is a huge boost, Santana isn't the best defender and Hummels is key to their quick passing style.

Maybe its just my recently found obsession with Dortmund talking. Everything about that club is class. Especially their manager.
Klopp's the best manager in the world. None of the others could have achieved what he has with such a small budget, and a strict wage structure.

Think about it, barring the comparison of Ronaldo vs Reus on the left flank, BVB match Madrid in basically all positions. Gotze and Kuba aren't worse than Ozil and Di Maria, Lewandoski's having a better season than either of Higuain or Benzema, and if you think about it the midfields and defenses are pretty even too.

Will be nice to see them spend some of their well earned cash. Their director came out and said they have a 20 odd million budget from this year onwards - god only knows what Klopp will do with that. The guy who bought Lewandowski, Gundogan, Kuba and Subotic for less than 20m combined.

Really, really hope they win it. If not them, then Barca. I want Madrid and Bayern to fail mainly because Ronaldo and Robben are twats :D. And Jose.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets all pray to god we don't get a Barcelona vs Madrid final. I don't hate either of the teams or anything but does anyone really want to see that game again, with all the stupid circus we get with it?

The biggest game in club football, involving probably the two biggest clubs in world football. Who wouldn't want to see that? I would prefer an all German final, but by fuck an El Classico big cup final is mouth watering.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Underwhelmed. Bayern and Barcelona are the two best teams in Europe. I really wanted that as a final.

Would have been the best final IMO.

Whatever happens now, just don't want Madrid to win it. Hate the club and no one in their right mind would want Mourinho to get a 3rd European cup.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline simply_red

• Holding back the tears. Of negativity. Utter negativity.
  • Kopite
In my opinion Bayern are overrated.They scrolled against Juventus indeed but just didn't impress me at all (not that would matter) to consider them the second favorites after Barca.
Barca will show them where they truly stand.

I think Barca - Real in the final will break all the records .
kopblocks.com

FSG out.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
In my opinion Bayern are overrated.They scrolled against Juventus indeed but just didn't impress me at all (not that would matter) to consider them the second favorites after Barca.
Bayern are incredibly strong this season. They've lost one game and have only conceded 13 goals in the league, scoring 79. They've already won the league title before being even half way through April and they're in the semis of the German Cup and the Champions League. Juventus are nine points clear in Serie A and were comfortably beaten by Bayern.

In what way are they overrated?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline simply_red

• Kopite
Bayern are incredibly strong this season. They've lost one game and have only conceded 13 goals in the league, scoring 79. They've already won the league title before being even half way through April and they're in the semis of the German Cup and the Champions League. Juventus are nine points clear in Serie A and were comfortably beaten by Bayern.

In what way are they overrated?

You're right but I was pointing just to the CL.

Hate to say it but I think United would have kicked their arses out if they had met this season in the last 16.

Arsenal weren't far at all to do it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:29:36 pm by simply_red »
kopblocks.com

FSG out.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
You're right but I was pointing just to the CL.

Hate to say it but I think United would have kicked their arses out if they had met this season in the

No chance.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hate to say it but I think United would have kicked their arses out if they had met this season in the last 16.

No chance. Compared to the sides that will win their leagues in the major European Countries. There's a case that the Mancs are the weakest side imo.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
No chance. Compared to the sides that will win their leagues in the major European Countries. There's a case that the Mancs are the weakest side imo.

"The best league in the world" doesn't have a team that could get past any of the remaining 4
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
Would have been the best final IMO.

Whatever happens now, just don't want Madrid to win it. Hate the club and no one in their right mind would want Mourinho to get a 3rd European cup.

We get two games instead, I'm happy with that.

Also a final is one game, I think over two games the better team is more likely to go through

Offline simply_red

• Kopite
No chance.

Many said the same before they played Real M and were so close to kick them out.

I don't fight against Bayern just that they're overrated and will be knocked out by Barca.I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the both legs.
kopblocks.com

FSG out.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't fight against Bayern just that they're overrated and will be knocked out by Barca.I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the both legs.

Could say the same about Man Utd and many other sides.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Bayern v Madrid final.

Bayern to win, surely?

They can't lose 3 finals in 4 years, can they?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
I hope Barca win the competition.

If I have to choose, it would be Dortmund.

Barca and Bayern would join us on 5.  Madrid would go to 10. 
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
An El Clasico final would be an absolutely ridiculous spectacle. Two biggest teams in the world on the biggest stage in the world. In arguably the most anticipated league game of the season played out over a Champions League Final.

I'd love it if I had assurances Barca would win. Otherwise, I'd prefer anyone other than that smug twat Mourinho to get the trophy, and Bob's record with it.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Barca and Bayern would join us on 5.  Madrid would go to 10. 
None of that bothers me at all. Once the Mancs stay where they are I'm happy.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
None of that bothers me at all. Once the Mancs stay where they are I'm happy.

Same here, we're not even close to competing in the competition at the moment so why care about what other foreign clubs are going to do.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose

I'm sorry mate but  :lmao

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
Is it? They played Shakhtar Donetsk away in the second leg of the quarter final in 2011. Since then, they've had 6 knockout ties (not including the final for obvious reasons), the upcoming Bayern Munich match will be their 7th. And bear in mind that in two of those ties, they'd be guaranteed to be at home in the second leg given they finished top of their group.
Don't try to explain facts to conspiracy theorists, mate :D

Their data set consists of 4-5 data points over 4-5 years, and they try to draw large conclusions out of it. Stupidity cannot be cured.

I for one remember Barca thrashing Bayern Munich 4-0 in the first leg, and getting a 1-1 draw away in the second leg. If Bayern are as good as they are hyped to be, shouldn't be a problem. Another thing I remember is that Barca got knocked out 2 times by trying to be cute and being cautious in the first away leg, and then having problem breaking a team down in the second leg. I totally didn't care if Barca had the first leg at home or not. I don't remember it mattering at all.

The same goes to Bayern. They knocked out Juve, ManU and Madrid in the away legs, whereas almost messed up vs Arsenal at home in the second leg.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:44:44 am by Xxavi »

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
Bayern vs Barca is a mouthwatering one, but I kinda wish they had been kept apart. That would have been a worthy final. I think the key to this game is whether or not Puyol can be back for the first leg. If Barca can get their regular back four, plus the usual midfield three and then Messi, Villa, and Pedro, then they're in with a shout. It all depends on which Barca turns up. If it's the one that played against PSG, then they will lose. If it's the Barca that turned up vs Milan, then they will win. I don't care how good Bayern are, if Barca play anything like they did against Milan, they'll progress. If Bayern take a substantial lead to the Camp Nou, then I don't think Barca will have enough. If it's a draw, anyone can win.

If I was predicting a final, I'd go for Dortmund vs Bayern.
Without sounding arrogant, this is exactly what I wanted to write. As good as Bayern are, and they are one of the two best teams in the world, the result really doesn't depend on them. It depends on what Barca we will see. This has been the case for the past 5-6 years. A hungry, motivated, running Barca with defenders (and not Adriano) playing in back four means a win. It's very simple.

However, given the problems all season long, it is difficult to imagine Barca to show up like that. It can happen, like it did vs Milan, but it has been exception more than a rule. So I will go with your prediction as well.

It's 51-49 to Bayern Munich.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Perfect draw for Dortmund.

Worth a punt, if they don't get injuries.

No time for caution.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really think Bayern will get the better of Barca over the 2 legs. Should be an absolute cracker. Interesting to see who starts upfront with Mandzukic suspended. Hope Dortmund come out on top against Real. There'll be bags of goals in the 2 legs.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
No Modric or Marcelo for Madrid on Wednesday, Puyol & Mascherano won't play in the first leg for Barca as well.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Modric or Marcelo for Madrid on Wednesday, Puyol & Mascherano won't play in the first leg for Barca as well.

Madrid can play Khedira with Alonso, and Coentrao at left back if needs be, they'll be alright.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
I think Bayern will dominate Barcelona over two legs. They're equally dominant at home and away. Even seem to thrive playing away games.

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan

I think Barca - Real in the final will break all the records .

I don't think so. There have been far too many "classicos" these last couple of years. It's oversaturated even for a CL final. Bayern and Dortmund play the best football in CL this season for me so I would love to see them both in the final.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan

Feel terrible for Madrid. Have to play Alonso and Coentrao instead. Mental depth, absolutely mental.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
I think Bayern will dominate Barcelona over two legs. They're equally dominant at home and away. Even seem to thrive playing away games.
It'll be some battle in midfield, but I really don't think Barca will be dominated over 2 legs. I genuinely feel Bayern will win though, they look insane this year. Then again Messi might go mental and score a hattrick if he's fit.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
It'll be some battle in midfield, but I really don't think Barca will be dominated over 2 legs. I genuinely feel Bayern will win though, they look insane this year. Then again Messi might go mental and score a hattrick if he's fit.

According to the official Barca-website, he has not yet been given the green light for Tuesday so he might come off the bench with Barca hoping for a PSG-like effect if they are in trouble.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
Madrid can play Khedira with Alonso, and Coentrao at left back if needs be, they'll be alright.

Madrid usually play Khedira with Alonso; Modric has just been subbing for either of them because Xabi has been rested a lot this year due to his persistent groin problem.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Madrid usually play Khedira with Alonso;

You don't say.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Madrid usually play Khedira with Alonso; Modric has just been subbing for either of them because Xabi has been rested a lot this year due to his persistent groin problem.

Persistent groin problem? That sounds quite dodgy...

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
@ PhilM
The way you phrased what I responded to, it sounded as if it was a novelty  :wave

Persistent groin problem? That sounds quite dodgy...

We all know how a groin problem can pan out, right?  ;)

Mourinho has just done the sensible thing and played Alonso in what he deemed important matches. I think this year Xabi has only started the CL and CdR- matches and either sat the rest out, wasn't in the squad or was subbed in for the last twenty to ten minutes.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
Bayern to win it all. Very happy about that myself as I'm German and have always supported Bayern as a second club. I'll be celebrating with them if they manage to win it.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
My Iniesta shirt arrived just in time for tomorrow  ;D

Hopefully my good vibes from the last time I was at the Allianz will influence Barca the way they influnced Arsenal  ;D ;D ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
My Iniesta shirt arrived just in time for tomorrow  ;D

Only one word to describe Iniesta. Begins with 'O', ends with 'verrated'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.