Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)  (Read 100252 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For the Tottenham fans who are coming here and well need some explanations

Oh dear God, that is just fantastic H   :lmao 
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Harinder that's beyond fantastic mate. I have to clear up chunks of food from my keyboard now. Ta :wave
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Kicked_Into_Touch

• Kopite
hahahahahaha, and not a spurs comment since....

nice one

Offline Cornish_kop

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great Preview for Sundays game!

Hopefully will be another 3 points to add to the board......... 3-1 I'm thinking.

^^^^^^ First post  :D

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be quite the accomplishment if we can keep a clean sheet in this one. A big accomplishment.

I don't think there's too much doubt that we can score.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm really worried about this game, and the main reason is down to Bale. We play with a high defensive line without the quick centre backs required to play in Rodgers' system in my opinion as they are very easily exposed if we give it away, so he could easily exploit that by running in behind; sometimes we give away possession in silly areas with the fullbacks pushed on so they could counter very effectively and usually we don't get tight to the player when that happens so he could shoot and the chances are it will go in the way things are going for him; we also leave lots of space between defence and midfield at times so again he could have time to turn on the ball, we will probably need someone to commit professional fouls if that happens but then he might score the resulting free kick.

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
I think we can get in behind them whether that's running at the center backs from suarez or combinations around the full backs we should create chances against their back 4 however the exact same applies to our back four also. We really need to drop at certain times against bale and lennon and play the game in front of us rather than trying to squeeze play.
I think that when players push up there has to be a definite understanding of pressuring the ball when doing so. If there is no pressure on the ball a player can do what he wants and exploit all the space behind the defenders pushing up.
I am enthusiastic about this game and feel we will get a result against them this Sunday.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Just da Job

lolzies

bollocks

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)
« Reply #208 on: March 7, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »
Nice preview.

Spurs... The team we don't like to say we are on par with but have fallen not far behind. We haven't beat them since January 2010. They seem to have a mental edge over us and even now thinking about it, it's truly hard to see us edging them this time round. Something tells me Spurs would be more than happy to walk away with a draw.

They play inter Milan tonight so if there ever a time to run them ragged its on sunday

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Forgot that Tottenham plays in europe today, will give us a massive advantage as it´s their third big game within a week.

The last 20 minutes of the game they won´t be able to react anymore, we should try to benefit from this.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Forgot that Tottenham plays in europe today, will give us a massive advantage as it´s their third big game within a week.

The last 20 minutes of the game they won´t be able to react anymore, we should try to benefit from this.
A couple of knocks to dembele/bale would be nice.

Offline Stigathedump

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Doesn't look like Spurs are resting any of their "star" players from looking over tonights line up.  Lets hope Inter play a physical game!!

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
We haven't won 3 league games in a row since 9th May 2011.

I think we'll put an end to that on Sunday.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
2-0 up after 20 mins, Bale will be taken off on the hour tonight the way this is going or sent off for another dive.

Spurs look full of beans tonight, will be a good game of football on Sunday.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Time for Spurs to experience European hangover.

2-0 up after 20 mins, Bale will be taken off on the hour tonight the way this is going or sent off for another dive.

Spurs look full of beans tonight, will be a good game of football on Sunday.
BB, are they playing well? I'm taping the game to watch tonight, but from what I've seen of late, Spurs are flying. Still one goal for Inter might change the Bale resting scenario.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 08:37:19 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Time for Spurs to experience European hangover.
An Inter goal would be nice to keep them honest tonight. Not looked like it though.

I think playing a game on the Thursday night is a bit of a disadvantage before a tough away game on Sunday, so we need to start nice and fast.

Offline Dakota

• Legacy Fan

Doesn't really look like Spurs need him much tonight given how shit Inter are playing, so save that double pike with a twist sending off for the weekend. ;)
Thinking about crowdfunding a Save The Piano Movers! charitable association.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Time for Spurs to experience...

A resurgent Liverpool.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
They are frighteningly good at the moment.

(Only frightening because we're playing them on the weekend, mind)
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Sadly for those hoping for a Bale / Dembele knock Inter are conducting a no tackling policy so far

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)
« Reply #220 on: March 7, 2013, 08:55:03 pm »
Inter are just taking it up the ass. Damnit. Spurs look good, but barely have to break a sweat
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
Inter are just taking it up the ass. Damnit. Spurs look good, but barely have to break a sweat
Should be 2-1 though.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan

Hopefully the coach gives it to them at half time and they come out fired up.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hoping that the spurs high line will be breached by our curly haired brazillian playing through balls into Sturridge.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Coutinho made a good decision to come to us from this lot. Inter are toothless. But I guess most teams are struggling against Spurs these days.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

hahaha brilliant.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
The scoreline the way it is, no why are Spurs resting players for the midweek game as they have one foot in the next round.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
Inter aren't all that but Spurs look fucking good tonight. We need to be on our best game defensively to stop this lot. They're going to score, there's no doubt about that. Hopefully we can restrict them to 1, max 2 and put in a couple ourselves.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Inter aren't all that but Spurs look fucking good tonight. We need to be on our best game defensively to stop this lot. They're going to score, there's no doubt about that. Hopefully we can restrict them to 1, max 2 and put in a couple ourselves.

Well I doubt we will just not decide to compete as inter have tonight. Any team would stand a chance against inter on tonight's showing if there given all the time in the world to pick a pass and not be marked.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Between Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Walker, the pace from these lot is unreal. And Vertonghen is a class act. Hats off to them, at the moment they're a very good team.

We're still going to twat the c*nts though.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
Lennon went off feeling his hamstring, would be surprised if he played on Sunday.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
They could be over confident come Sunday. Three games in a week against Arsenal, Inter then us should take a little bit of a toll also. I hope Stevie rattles Tom Daley early on and we go on to smash them.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
Carragher back on the bench, Skrtel back in. Literally cannot see how Carrgaher will be able to cope against their pace. I know I know he's played against fast players but he's not the player he once was, and this current run in the team has been ok, but not the barn storming comeback some think. Skrtel is much much better than him now, and i'd have him back in along side Agger.

Spurs look very good at the moment, realistically i'd be happy with a draw.

Lloris > Reina
Johnson > Walker (Walker is fast and nothing else. Cannot defend to save his life)
Dawson > Skrtel
Agger - Vertonghen (draw)
Enrique > BAE
Lucas > Parker (Scott Parker is horse shit)
Gerrard > Dembele (No slight on Dembele he's class)
Suarez > Bale (both playing in the number 10 role atm, i'd have Suarez and doing it this way i can skew the way this looks haha)
Lennon > Downing (Obviously)
Coutinho - Sigurdsson (can't choose between the two, both are fairly unknown)
Sturridge  - Defoe (draw)

That's how i see us v them. I think man for man we're slightly better. Their squad players like Holtby/Dempsey/Adebayor are better than ours.

How do you see us man for man against them? Who would you have out of their 11 in our team ahead of our players?

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
Lennon went off feeling his hamstring, would be surprised if he played on Sunday.

Would reduce their threat a lot. The fucking pace in that side is unreal. Quickest attack in the PL?

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.

No....Inter were frighteningly bad.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...

(Only frightening because we're playing them on the weekend, mind)
Inter were shocking. Reckon Wigan would've slaughtered this lot.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Carragher back on the bench, Skrtel back in. Literally cannot see how Carrgaher will be able to cope against their pace. I know I know he's played against fast players but he's not the player he once was, and this current run in the team has been ok, but not the barn storming comeback some think. Skrtel is much much better than him now, and i'd have him back in along side Agger.

Spurs look very good at the moment, realistically i'd be happy with a draw.

Lloris > Reina
Johnson > Walker (Walker is fast and nothing else. Cannot defend to save his life)
Dawson > Skrtel
Agger - Vertonghen (draw)
Enrique > BAE
Lucas > Parker (Scott Parker is horse shit)
Gerrard > Dembele (No slight on Dembele he's class)
Suarez > Bale (both playing in the number 10 role atm, i'd have Suarez and doing it this way i can skew the way this looks haha)
Lennon > Downing (Obviously)
Coutinho - Sigurdsson (can't choose between the two, both are fairly unknown)
Sturridge  - Defoe (draw)

That's how i see us v them. I think man for man we're slightly better. Their squad players like Holtby/Dempsey/Adebayor are better than ours.

How do you see us man for man against them? Who would you have out of their 11 in our team ahead of our players?

When are you fighting next mate?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs ARE in very good form at the moment though, regardless of how Inter played. If Lennon is out, it will help us, certainly in regards to spacing. When you're facing a team with that sort of pace in the wide areas, it impacts on your ability to stay compact. If he's out, it will certainly assist us in trying to shut out Bale through the middle.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
i can see lucas marking bale

if we can keep bale quiet we will win

i can see sturridge and suarez scoring

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
Saw Lennon go straight down the tunnel after coming off, holding his hammy I think? Really hope he doesnt play, its his pace to get behind our defence that will be a worry. Also pins back Enrique who does give us some drive and power on that left side.

Amazing how poorly Inter played though, Spurs didnt even have to take a player off because they werent even breaking a sweat.
Bring Back Sami.