Author Topic: Roy, nice guy...but it just didn't work out.  (Read 29777 times)

Offline Clonsilla Red

• Kopite
Re: Roy, nice guy...but it just didn't work out.
« Reply #320 on: January 9, 2011, 09:28:01 am »
Heard on 5Live that it's more likely closer to £3m. They did say that some paper's are saying it's as high as £7.5m which is probably where they got their info from.
how much did Rafa get again, I remember he only took half what he was entitled too I bet "Nice guyRoy" took every last penny he was due.
Kenny Dalglish - 31/1/11
“The most important thing is the club.
“More important and bigger than any individual, no matter who has been through it previously and who will in the future. The club is the club."

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #321 on: January 9, 2011, 09:42:06 am »
I thought he was a nice guy before he joined us, but his statements since that day indicate he was actually quite a twat.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #322 on: January 9, 2011, 09:48:10 am »
Sunday Forum on Sly is hilarious, his mate Rob Beasley saying Liverppool been on the slide for 5 years (obviously forgot we were 2nd 18 months ago). Says Hodgson should have been given a long stay, and blaming LFC fans websites for his demise, saying owners listen too closely to them.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 9, 2011, 09:51:11 am »
how much did Rafa get again, I remember he only took half what he was entitled too I bet "Nice guyRoy" took every last penny he was due.

Think it was reported around £6m. All these figures are 'reported' though, I doubt anyone who wasn't involved knows exactly how much.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #324 on: January 9, 2011, 09:51:14 am »
They wanted Hodgson to stay because they know under him we would have been relegated, thus giving them the biggest news story of their fucking careers.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: January 9, 2011, 09:55:50 am »
While i absolutely hated Roy when he was here, now when I see Roy's face I kind of feel sorry for him. I can see that he would be very sad sitting with his family reflecting on what might have been. Kind of sad for the old man. Hopefully, he will land a decent job and do well and the next time he returns to Anfield we can give him a round of applause for Trying - with dignity.

Cant wait for todays game though!!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #326 on: January 9, 2011, 10:04:12 am »

Rafa took £6M

He was due £36M
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #327 on: January 9, 2011, 10:19:02 am »
I dont buy into "he's a nice guy" media driven garabge.
He blames everyone else for his own failures as a manager.
When Mr Alex Ferguson accused torres of cheating he didn't stand up for him and left the door open for him to be sold.
He had a pop at glen johnson in the media
He had a pop at joe cole in the media
He smiled and shook hands with david moyes like he won the F*ckin lotto when everton handed us our arse at goodison after the game.
He said very early when the new owners came in they would have to pay him off to get rid of him
He blamed the previous manager on the squad he inherited, instead of taking a positive attitude and doing the best he could with a squad full of international players.

Roy imo is not a nice guy and im glad to see the back of him.

Totally agree with that, in fact FS came up with a word to describe Roy perfectly IMO "Snide"
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #328 on: January 9, 2011, 10:19:29 am »
I hope they tried that old trick with a holdall full of cash, each pack top and tailed with a pair of £50 notes with back page newspaper cuttings of every shite performance and result Hodgson turned in, filling in the middle.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #329 on: January 9, 2011, 10:21:54 am »
Sunday Forum on Sly is hilarious, his mate Rob Beasley saying Liverppool been on the slide for 5 years (obviously forgot we were 2nd 18 months ago). Says Hodgson should have been given a long stay, and blaming LFC fans websites for his demise, saying owners listen too closely to them.

The English media are pissed off that we are more powerful and carry more clout than they do. They got Hodgson in. We got him out.

1-0 to us.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #330 on: January 9, 2011, 10:25:44 am »
Roy is a wanker,wouldnt suprise me if you was on the phone to fergie last night moaning.You can be sure he will be chearing united on this afternoon.Na not gonna feel sorry for Roy.He has got a shitload of money for doing fk all.
Time to forget and move on about this fella.

Offline redwood32

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 9, 2011, 10:27:09 am »
Rafa took £6M

He was due £36M

£36M? Bollocks. Got a source?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #332 on: January 9, 2011, 10:28:53 am »
£36M? Bollocks. Got a source?
He'd just signed a new 5 year contract with a year to run on the old one. Salary of £6m.

Andy is right (for once).
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #333 on: January 9, 2011, 10:30:14 am »
Rafa took £6M

He was due £36M

Rafa           6m
Fulham       3m
Konchesky 4m
Poulson     5m
Hodgson          3m

Thats roughly around 21m that we have waisted! Unfucking belivable.

Thanks alot of Cecil!!!

Offline redwood32

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 9, 2011, 10:35:21 am »
He'd just signed a new 5 year contract with a year to run on the old one. Salary of £6m.

Andy is right (for once).

Pretty sure it was a 4 year extension running till 2014 signed in June of 2009. Was worth £20m over those 4 extra years, and the workings of the contract stated he was owed £16m the summer he was sacked, not £36m.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #335 on: January 9, 2011, 10:36:33 am »
Rafa           6m
Fulham       3m
Konchesky 4m
Poulson     5m
Hodgson          3m

Thats roughly around 21m that we have waisted! Unfucking belivable.

Thanks alot of Cecil!!!

At least local charities were well treated by Rafa
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #336 on: January 9, 2011, 10:41:47 am »
He was the worst manager in half a century in every possible respect except that he didn't give an interview to the S*N yet. He disgraced himself and the club with his words, deeds and results.

Small edit for you.

PTL for Dalglish.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #337 on: January 9, 2011, 10:59:22 am »
Should never been given the chance, and his a shame his career and reputation now lay in tatters again after he did a decent job of building it up again at Fulham. He should never have gotten into bed with those vultures in the first place. But he did, and his performance in his role over the past 6 months has not been good enough.

Nice guy? I'm torn on that. He said a lot of things that he must have known would be inflammatory towards the fans of the club he managed. So why did he say them?

I think a lot of it was in self-defence, due to how poorly we were performing. He was trying to lower expectations and prepare us for the mid-table mediocrity we'd have to get used to under his management. In doing so, he outraged Liverpool fans and seemingly thought nothing of it to try and deflect from his own underperformance. Nice guy you say?

I'm sure he tried his best, but his best was woefully short. Many are worried about Kenny's image of the game and tactics being 15 years out of date, but we were playing outdated tactics under Roy, so I can hardly see how that side of things can be any worse going forward.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #338 on: January 9, 2011, 11:00:24 am »
I didnt think he was that nice if im honest
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 9, 2011, 11:02:46 am »
He didn't want to fail, he just wasn't good enough and really couldn't handle the pressure. No grudges held. He's gone, I'm not wasting any more time on it.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #340 on: January 9, 2011, 11:10:25 am »
He didn't want to fail, he just wasn't good enough and really couldn't handle the pressure. No grudges held. He's gone, I'm not wasting any more time on it.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #341 on: January 9, 2011, 11:24:58 am »

Hodgson sacked via e-mail from America

Published 11:08 09/01/11
By Steve Bates

Roy Hodgson's sacking ­provoked fury last night after it emerged that the doomed Kop boss was fired by an e-mail sent from the club’s owners in America.

Hodgson was at his Merseyside home on Friday night when he was alerted to a message sent by Anfield owner John Henry and Tom Werner, the chairman of New England Sports Ventures.

The e-mail informed Hodgson, 63, they no longer had faith in his ability to take the club forward and that he was being relieved of his duties.

Hodgson alerted his legal team and immediately began the process to agree a £3million compensation deal which was sealed late yesterday morning.

But it’s understood senior figures in the League Managers Association are furious at the way Hodgson was sacked.

And they believe the shabby manner of his dismissal was disrespectful to an experienced manager of his standing.

LMA chief executive Richard Bevan has refused to comment, but it is believed the bosses’ organisation is furious at Liverpool’s treatment of Hodgson.

It is being claimed Hodgson didn’t want to resign and believed he should carry on despite a fall-out with the fans and a run of poor results culminating in festive period defeats by Wolves and Blackburn.

And Hodgson had insisted to close friends he wanted to conduct his Friday afternoon press conference as normal but was instead told by club officials it was being scrapped.

Hodgson was restricted to a small slot on Liverpool’s in-house TV channel to preview today’s FA Cup third round tie with Manchester United at Old Trafford even though the club’s top brass had already decided to axe him and put Kenny Dalglish in charge until the end of the season.

I also understand close associates of Hodgson are furious that after leaving a secure job at Craven Cottage he was abandoned by the club’s hierarchy when results went wrong and left an isolated, lonely figure with no support from above.

Top Continental bosses – Borussia Dortmund’s Jurgen Klopp, ex-Hoffenheim boss Ralf Rangnick and Porto’s Andre Villas-Boas – are leading contenders to become the next full-time Anfield boss after Dalglish next summer while Dutch legend Frank Rijkaard is available after his sacking by Galatasaray.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-sacked-via-e-mail-from-America-article668123.html
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 9, 2011, 11:28:05 am »
The LMA really should shut their trap.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #343 on: January 9, 2011, 11:30:18 am »
Didn't hear any condemnation of the way Rafa was sacked on holiday like but then again he's not the right nationality.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 9, 2011, 11:36:43 am »
Reading the Echo the other day, some fella wrote in saying "Roy Hodgson is the worst thing that has ever happened to Liverpool Football Club".

What a twat of a comment.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #345 on: January 9, 2011, 11:43:54 am »
They wanted Hodgson to stay because they know under him we would have been relegated, thus giving them the biggest news story of their fucking careers.

This.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 9, 2011, 11:45:15 am »

By Steve Bates

Roy Hodgson's sacking ­provoked fury last night after it emerged that the doomed Kop boss was fired by an e-mail sent from the club’s owners in America.

Hodgson was at his Merseyside home on Friday night when he was alerted to a message sent by Anfield owner John Henry and Tom Werner, the chairman of New England Sports Ventures.

The e-mail informed Hodgson, 63, they no longer had faith in his ability to take the club forward and that he was being relieved of his duties.

Hodgson alerted his legal team and immediately began the process to agree a £3million compensation deal which was sealed late yesterday morning.

But it’s understood senior figures in the League Managers Association are furious at the way Hodgson was sacked.

And they believe the shabby manner of his dismissal was disrespectful to an experienced manager of his standing.

LMA chief executive Richard Bevan has refused to comment, but it is believed the bosses’ organisation is furious at Liverpool’s treatment of Hodgson.

It is being claimed Hodgson didn’t want to resign and believed he should carry on despite a fall-out with the fans and a run of poor results culminating in festive period defeats by Wolves and Blackburn.

And Hodgson had insisted to close friends he wanted to conduct his Friday afternoon press conference as normal but was instead told by club officials it was being scrapped.

Hodgson was restricted to a small slot on Liverpool’s in-house TV channel to preview today’s FA Cup third round tie with Manchester United at Old Trafford even though the club’s top brass had already decided to axe him and put Kenny Dalglish in charge until the end of the season.

I also understand close associates of Hodgson are furious that after leaving a secure job at Craven Cottage he was abandoned by the club’s hierarchy when results went wrong and left an isolated, lonely figure with no support from above.

Top Continental bosses – Borussia Dortmund’s Jurgen Klopp, ex-Hoffenheim boss Ralf Rangnick and Porto’s Andre Villas-Boas – are leading contenders to become the next full-time Anfield boss after Dalglish next summer while Dutch legend Frank Rijkaard is available after his sacking by Galatasaray.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-sacked-via-e-mail-from-America-article668123.html

Oh really? How did they feel about Rafa getting sacked by TEXT? Yeah, fuck off LMA. I actually despise these c*nts.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 9, 2011, 11:48:18 am »
When exactly during his time at Liverpool has Roy Hodgson been a nice guy.

As far as I've seen, he's been a nasty, self-preserving, self-serving, self-praising, self-indulgent, hypocritical wanker.

Nothing to do with where he's from or whether he was the right man for the job, that is purely from his conduct and comments in the last 6 months.

No doubt he'll be on Sky next week with the sympathetic arm around his shoulder and easy questioning all blaming them scousers but I just have not seen this NICE GUY.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #348 on: January 9, 2011, 11:49:06 am »

By Steve Bates

My heart fuckin bleeds for the man. You could sack me on a peice of folded up toilet paper with a £3m pay off after 6 months of complete shite performance.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 11:52:18 am by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #349 on: January 9, 2011, 11:50:25 am »
Oh really? How did they feel about Rafa getting sacked by TEXT? Yeah, fuck off LMA. I actually despise these c*nts.

This. Fucking astounding double standards.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: January 9, 2011, 11:51:12 am »

As far as I've seen, he's been a nasty, self-preserving, self-serving, self-praising, self-indulgent, hypocritical wanker.

Nothing to do with where he's from or whether he was the right man for the job, that is purely from his conduct and comments in the last 6 months.

No doubt he'll be on Sky next week with the sympathetic arm around his shoulder and easy questioning all blaming them scousers but I just have not seen this NICE GUY.

Nail on head. People have already forgotten how much a cock this guy was while in charge. He's a fraud.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 9, 2011, 11:51:29 am »
I feel a bit sorry for Roy. He tried and failed, but never had the backing of the majority of the supporters, which must have made his job doubly difficult. He was the wrong guy at the wrong time at the wrong club. I hope he can pick his career up and find success somewhere else in the future.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #352 on: January 9, 2011, 11:53:22 am »

By Steve Bates

Ha ha ha.

I love the owners even more now.

FUCK OFF LMA. All your members are c*nts. And not welcome at Anfield. Just fuck off.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #353 on: January 9, 2011, 11:53:34 am »
dont feel sorry for the guy one bit, he makes my blood boil

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #354 on: January 9, 2011, 11:54:15 am »
I feel a bit sorry for Roy. He tried and failed, but never had the backing of the majority of the supporters, which must have made his job doubly difficult. He was the wrong guy at the wrong time at the wrong club. I hope he can pick his career up and find success somewhere else in the future.
So in other words he was wrong full stop then? Nice pay day for being wrong in every way though eh?
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #355 on: January 9, 2011, 11:56:59 am »
Some of the things he said really insulted our intelligence, he wasn't a bit nice.

That being said I'll not begrudge him luck in the future.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Smiling Politely

• Anny Roader
« Reply #356 on: January 9, 2011, 11:58:01 am »
Ive read that hes a nice guy decent guy respected guy honourable guy and has dignity. He also, get this, reads books!!

Anyway, that's enough of that. Onwards.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: January 9, 2011, 11:58:52 am »

Well said that man.

imho, that they laud him as a 'nice guy' just goes to show how low some people's standards are.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: January 9, 2011, 11:59:08 am »
Ive read that hes a nice guy decent guy respected guy honourable guy and has dignity. He also, get this, reads books!!

Anyway, that's enough of that. Onwards.

;D

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #359 on: January 9, 2011, 11:59:44 am »
In some cases nice guys finish last.