Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27093 times)

Offline Chipko

• Boys Pen
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #560 on: January 9, 2011, 07:45:52 am »
I managed about 4 hours sleep, couldn't settle, too fidgety waiting for the match.

It was King Kenny that first got me excited about football. I can remember standing with my Dad watching, thinking 'is this it?' then I got a little older, took in what was going on and I've been hooked ever since.

It's going to be a special day today.

Also, am I the only one who can't stop singing Anfield Rd in me head? :o

Offline adi1986

• Main Stander
  • Who's bigger than Liverpool?
« Reply #561 on: January 9, 2011, 07:45:52 am »
Cannot express the feeling. Im one of those who was calling for Kenny from about a year ago when Rafa was still around, and he was always the man I wanted to see replace Rafa. It was around 4:40 pm in the afternoon here and I was headed to my dentist when I got a call from a mate (saintkopite in RAWK) about the news. The session with the dentist I think was a painful one. But I didn't feel a thing. I was too excited about King Kenny becoming the boss again, and my toothache was the last thing on my mind as the dentist drilled into my gums or something (I haven't got a clue) :) ;D
Wish my internet terrorism skills had surfaced earlier, when we helplessly let Xabi go.

Offline EverReddy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: January 9, 2011, 07:56:50 am »
Ecstasy. Pride.

We may not win every game, but pride and hope will fill my heart.

Every word in You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline McKerel

• Boys Pen
« Reply #563 on: January 9, 2011, 08:17:20 am »
I feel good. And most people do. Here are some words from today’s Göteborgs-Posten (Sweden) in which Glenn Hysén is given his thoughts on the recent developments.

”Kenny Dalglish is a cult figure in Liverpool”, Hysén says. ”I had him when I was at the club (1989–1992) and he is a super guy. This will be an enormous kick for the club and the supporters. The day he makes his home debut at Anfield I will turn up the volume to max and just enjoy the cheers from the spectators.”
All ports are neighbours

Offline jimmyt

• Boys Pen
« Reply #564 on: January 9, 2011, 08:22:47 am »
Woken up like a kid on Xmas morning! Off to the match in few hours and can't wait!

This is going to be one special day whatever the result
James Thompson

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #565 on: January 9, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »
Couldn't sleep very well last night I'm so excited. Doesn't even matter how we do today, that feeling won't subside for a while.

If we DO win today then I don't know if my heart will take it.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: January 9, 2011, 12:10:44 pm »
the fact kenny has stuck his legendary reputation on the line to help us out in a time of unpresidented crisis  shows he has passion. roy didnt appear to have that passion or even a sense of belief in the players, the same respect was duley given back to our fumbling manager.

it may not work out but by fuck has it given the club a much needed lift!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #567 on: January 9, 2011, 12:15:21 pm »
Funny feeling this. When Hodgson came in, it felt totally wrong, I felt sick, and he proved me right unfortunately. This feels kind of good, like we've taken the club back. Even if we end up loosing more than we win, we are expecting the players and fans to unite in fight and motivation.  One thing is for sure, Kenny loves the club and wont harp back to past records, you couldnt say the same for Roy. Whether he can perform miracles or not, this feels good.

Offline Shankz

• Main Stander
« Reply #568 on: January 9, 2011, 01:33:12 pm »
Aaaaaand he's back!
King

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #569 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:16 am »
How good does this look?!?!

"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Laergoth

• Main Stander
« Reply #570 on: January 15, 2011, 01:51:49 am »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: January 15, 2011, 01:54:28 am »

Perfection, the King, and the Kid.

Offline kopkev

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2011, 03:30:49 am »

would look even better if kenny was 30 years younger

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2011, 04:06:03 am »
Funny feeling this. When Hodgson came in, it felt totally wrong, I felt sick, and he proved me right unfortunately. This feels kind of good, like we've taken the club back. Even if we end up loosing more than we win, we are expecting the players and fans to unite in fight and motivation.  One thing is for sure, Kenny loves the club and wont harp back to past records, you couldnt say the same for Roy. Whether he can perform miracles or not, this feels good.

I agree with this completely!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2011, 04:08:48 am »
The Return Of The King - How do you feel?

Fearless.......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9M23zjNrG9M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9M23zjNrG9M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:07 am »
The Return Of The King - How do you feel?

Fearless.......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9M23zjNrG9M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9M23zjNrG9M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Ive had that album since I was 15 and Im 53 now! Released in 1971 I think so recorded right in middle of the great mans time.
The Liverpool Liverpool chant right at the end was the chant I woke up to as a big fella behind me passed me back by the scruff of the neck to my older brother after I feinted in the kop when I was about 10! Oh I miss standing on there!

As for Kenny all he needs is time patience and a bit of good luck (its time we had some for a change) and maybe a player or two. If all I see this season is a mid table position and us playing good footy with a determination to go forward for a win again I will be happy.

For all those that might want an instant fix you should go and watch some of our great games from the past. You might be very surprised to learn that not every move came off. We gave the ball away sometimes and the opposition scored against us occasionally and they actually beat us now and again! The upside was we had skillfull players, great pass and move, players turning up all over the pitch, relentless pressure on the opposition a determination to win and most of all self belief.

I recently watched the 74 cup final again on LFC.TV The movement of the players was fantastic we gave the ball away quite a lot when moves broke down but we were built on a sound defence and kept on going forward and we battered the barcodes in the end. Shanks even managed to get 2 of our players on their team in Terry Mac and Barney Rubble. Now he was some manager! ;)
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:56 am »
I have a question:

What happens if it doesn't work out with Kenny either?

Not trying to be a rebel rouser, just asking everyone to keep their expectations in check.
Actually a very good question. My answer is this.

I think our squad wasnt good enough when our owners came in. Even at the beginning of the season I think that 4th was best and 8th a very real possibility.

Now if you feel that Hodgson wasnt really the 'right' manager for us you can understand why he is was left in his position during this season of uncertainty. To the extent people think things will go well under Kenny, when they dont, they will not blame him but come to the obvious conclusion that our squad isnt good enough.

If the squad wasnt good enough to begin with it needed investment. And those is little point in investing in what supporters think is a good when it isnt. There is little point in appointing a decent manager to one either. While Kenny can do know wrong I can also tell you is very highly unlikely that we will go down, so he was appointed with little prospect of disaster.

Realistically if you think this team can get to the top without significant investment, whoever is manager, then I think you are wrong. I am hoping Fenway which I suspect they do. Supporters actually need to accept the fact that they have a mid table team but having a mid table team does not make you a mid table club. The club itself is far bigger than the team. And the answer to the question of 'what will happen if it doesnt work under Kenny?' is that we will have to accept the bleed ing obvious which is 'the team isnt good enough'. I suspect our new owners knew that from the very beginning.

Offline Sabu Pundit

• Genius obviously.
  • Main Stander
  • Youth Never Wore Cologne
« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2011, 06:52:02 pm »
my scouse thank are Gods weather it be yore Oh!Jesus or J (not Edgar) Hovah or the Highly Sir Lassie character etc because a divinity was shirley inner tendons when HE was crated: Maharajah Canny Dali Sahib. Heathen Sky Spurts match chatter & Accursed  Toffo apolo-jism "Mr" Angry Gay show humble deference "When I playin' the Jockland wiv' Him an' He was a genus." If this Moe's bi-arse bitterest wormwood off bitters prostrate at feet of Dali Sahib then most abysmal moron an' evens "The Sun" "reader" is bow dunce-bonce before His immortal Glories.

As trouble teen Master Hard-on ColdFeel said in JayZee Saladbar's "Ketch-up In The Rice" "..an if you relay wanna here the true" this pointment create an motional swollen knot in thoat off yore Pundit. When Dali raise the duel alms in triumphant celebrant an' exhultin' at each gol, jus' as daze off yore, it register wiv' hot sweetly stingin' manly tears in the Sabu mince pie. Spunkbridge Dick-sherry deaf fine "charisma" as "the grate leader what inspire div ocean among his follower." Dali exhibit all known shred off this charisma business. His image is edge in gilded ectoplasm, like auric Ready Brek kid or back-lit icon head up sum God house window. His mere presents have supernatural power to soothe an' thrill the truffle'd breast off us Libpolean, an electric balm. He soak in the magic off former era an' impervious two onslaught time's winged chariot (witless curious continuin' boyishness) an' the feet ain't clay but stainless silver. This is now and forever are man.  If Arthur be "once and fuchsia king" Dali is truly are in-carnation. His Adidas padded jacket be Ex-Calliper. Thank Kenny very much.
Dojo dreams be Tostao blown
Wark on, Wark on
Withe Thorpe injure Park

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2011, 08:23:46 pm »
All is well in the world as Sabu Pundit casts his comments on the return of the King- Brilliant!  :wave