Author Topic: Tiago Ilori  (Read 45132 times)

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tiago Ilori
« Reply #200 on: August 2, 2015, 03:52:15 pm »
He hasn't really been back in training fully, so think that's the only reason.

why not? injured?
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 2, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »
why not? injured?
Was in the U21 finals, and now his wife just had a baby.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #202 on: August 2, 2015, 04:57:20 pm »

Under 21 !?  and married!?!   Stupid bastard. ;)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2015, 05:13:09 pm by TheMissionary »
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 2, 2015, 06:18:12 pm »
Under 21 !?  and married!?!   Stupid bastard. ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nxHcx7FO8nI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nxHcx7FO8nI</a>
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 2, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »

didn't know that... cheers
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 5, 2015, 07:36:37 am »
Seems Gomez has moved in front of him a the moment. Even playing as left back means Gomez will get more exposure and Brendan is more likely to turn to Gomez for the centre as well.

A big shame about Ilori, but unless he really gets game time in the cups I can see him move on in January or next summer.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 5, 2015, 07:43:57 am »
Has he been spotted yet?

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #207 on: August 5, 2015, 07:54:43 am »
Seems Gomez has moved in front of him a the moment. Even playing as left back means Gomez will get more exposure and Brendan is more likely to turn to Gomez for the centre as well.

A big shame about Ilori, but unless he really gets game time in the cups I can see him move on in January or next summer.

Meh, we'll see.
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #208 on: August 5, 2015, 10:15:15 am »
It would be great to have a look at him and Gomez starting in the Europa league. They both are quick, tall & strong. Thus, they both would allow us to play a high line, which would dramatically affect our play.

The only thing is, they are two young for a centre back pairing. So Gomez at lb for now.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 5, 2015, 10:19:44 am »
No CB that age and with that kind of scorching pace and with the quality he has so far shown should be discarded without being given a proper try.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 5, 2015, 10:21:25 am »
We've seen so little of him involving the first team on tours etc. i just can't see him being a success here now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: August 5, 2015, 10:22:41 am »
We've seen so little of him involving the first team on tours etc. i just can't see him being a success here now.

He wasn't on the tour because he wasn't back in training, it gives no indication as to him being a success here or not.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 5, 2015, 10:27:49 am »

I genuinely just think he's been spending time with his new born. She was only born a week ago but obviously didn't want to go on the tour and leave his Mrs to go through pregnancy on her own.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #213 on: August 5, 2015, 10:28:15 am »
though he reportedly had an excellent season on loan last year, so he is not regressing at all. There's no logical reason why he shouldn't still have a part to play.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #214 on: August 5, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

Gomez is 18, and could very well still be playing fullback for us in 5 years time at the ripe age of 23, before making the switch to CB later in his career. Age 23 would still be very young for a CB.

For example, imagine in 5 years something like Clye (29) - Ilori (26) - Sakho (30) - Gomez (23)

Hopefully we have a more natural LB by then though, but my point is that age-wise Ilori and Gomez have A LOT of time on their hands to develop for us.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 5, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »
Was he not part of the Euro U21's squad which made the final? Also him and his wife have just had a baby so hopefully we see him feature at some point this season.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 5, 2015, 04:28:04 pm »
I think we should keep the promising young CBs at the club. Our experienced ones were a tremendous let down last season.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 5, 2015, 04:47:08 pm »
Seems more and more likely to me that Ilori will get some time at fullback this year, presuming we really are done with incoming signings. Only real alternative I see is if Rodgers has no problem with Can, Milner or Henderson there, which would at least mildly surprise me.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 6, 2015, 10:40:19 am »
Can at fullback was a disaster. Ilori would be a better bet.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #219 on: August 6, 2015, 11:15:41 am »
Dont think Ilori was ever going to walk in to a CB role here, there's still far too many questions surrounding him.

Proving his fitness, and robustness out at fullback is a natural way to eventally move in to a more central role, much in the same way Gomez will.

Maybe he'll get a shot at CB in the Europa League and League Cup and kick on but this is pretty much make or break for Ilori now at Liverpool, he has to start proving himself and most importantly he has to stay fit.

A Jomez and Ilori CB partnership looks very exciting on paper, be nice to see it at some point.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #220 on: August 6, 2015, 12:28:57 pm »
Dont think Ilori was ever going to walk in to a CB role here, there's still far too many questions surrounding him.

Proving his fitness, and robustness out at fullback is a natural way to eventally move in to a more central role, much in the same way Gomez will.

Maybe he'll get a shot at CB in the Europa League and League Cup and kick on but this is pretty much make or break for Ilori now at Liverpool, he has to start proving himself and most importantly he has to stay fit.

A Jomez and Ilori CB partnership looks very exciting on paper, be nice to see it at some point.
would love to see either of those two and Sahko, this would let us play higher up the pitch, thus drastically transforming our play. Their youth and inexperience, coupled with Sahko's injury problems will feck this dream up though.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 6, 2015, 12:55:24 pm »
this is pretty much make or break for Ilori now at Liverpool

probably less of an issue for Ilori than for players like Markovic, Texeira etc.

Toure is there for experience but he probably isn't good enough to start every game and at 34 will likely be replaced in the next season or two. Similarly Skrtel is 30+ and significant questions remain regarding the long term reliability of Sakho (due to injuries) and Lovren (due to poor performances). Our alternatives at CB aren't plentiful- Gomez, Illori, Wisdom, Lloyd Jones and perhaps Can. Only Wisdom and Can have any top level experience.

I think Ilori will get chances this season. His biggest question mark will be staying fit to actually benefit from having chances come his way.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: August 7, 2015, 01:42:47 am »
Can at fullback was a disaster. Ilori would be a better bet.

Can was awful at Stoke and I'd rather see him in midfield or at the back, but he was decent overall at FB. Do agree with Elston that Ilori should get some run at FB. I'd be really confused with the Manquillo decision and lack of linked FBs otherwise. Flanno seems to be a long way off and it's a position that's pretty demanding and injury heavy to be carrying only 3.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #223 on: August 7, 2015, 08:13:31 am »
Being a centre back is about positioning and experience so Ilori has years to mature.
He may be sent out on loan again and I think there will be a queue of teams waiting to take him. Championship experience would be good to toughen him up.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #224 on: August 7, 2015, 05:17:55 pm »
He's been back training with the squad today, so guess he was given extra time off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2015, 05:57:10 pm »
He's been back training with the squad today, so guess he was given extra time off.

Wife just had a baby, so not surprising.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 2, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »
 "we have secured our defence for 10 years"?

B Rogers

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #227 on: September 2, 2015, 05:49:24 pm »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!! Another thread to have a go at the manager about a player who may or may not ever be good enough to play for Liverpool!

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 2, 2015, 05:57:11 pm »
May or may not?  we paid £7,500,000 for him, he should be good enough.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 2, 2015, 06:01:58 pm »
A weird one  :o.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 2, 2015, 06:14:14 pm »
To be fair, he should be good enough at his cost to at least get a game or two for this club to see if he is actually good enough.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 2, 2015, 06:16:33 pm »

We also paid 35 mill for Andy Carroll. He should've been world class for that money. But he wasn't. Not even close. And Brendan didn't rate him so we sold him. Turned out it wasn't a bad decision in the end, because Suarez stepped up a level or two when he left.

Now Brendan doesn't rate Ilori and has sent him out on loan with a view to a leaving permanently. Now lets just see if he get's this one right or wrong. If he doesn't, give him both barrels for it. But if it turns out he was right to sell him, I hope you and all the rest of the moaning minnies on here are going to come on here and apologise for getting it so badly wrong!

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #232 on: September 2, 2015, 06:18:43 pm »
Anybody that watched him on loan at both Granada and Bordeaux can tell you he's more than good enough to play for us. Especially when you consider who we've got starting for us.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 2, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »
To be fair, he should be good enough at his cost to at least get a game or two for this club to see if he is actually good enough.

To be fair. None of us know what the hell has gone on behind the scenes. Perhaps after watching him in training, reading various loan reports and watching games of him of his time on loan, the manager thinks he is nowhere near the level required to play for the club?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #234 on: September 2, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »
We also paid 35 mill for Andy Carroll. He should've been world class for that money. But he wasn't. Not even close. And Brendan didn't rate him so we sold him. Turned out it wasn't a bad decision in the end, because Suarez stepped up a level or two when he left.

Now Brendan doesn't rate Ilori and has sent him out on loan with a view to a leaving permanently. Now lets just see if he get's this one right or wrong. If he doesn't, give him both barrels for it. But if it turns out he was right to sell him, I hope you and all the rest of the moaning minnies on here are going to come on here and apologise for getting it so badly wrong!

Carroll at least got a chance to prove himself in a Liverpool shirt though, Ilori didn't even get a sniff.

It's an odd transfer though you have to admit that. I can understand loaning him out, but then with the option to buy it's a bit weird.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 2, 2015, 06:23:34 pm »
18 year old centre back playnig left back is ahead of him. But no Brendan doesn't give people a chance.  ::)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 2, 2015, 06:24:06 pm »
Carroll at least got a chance to prove himself in a Liverpool shirt though, Ilori didn't even get a sniff.

That was because Andy Carroll was seen as a marquee signing. Ilori was only signed as a young lad as a possible player for the future.

Anyway, I done here 3 fucking threads(Transfer deadline day, the youth thread and now this one) polluted by people with nothing better to do then moan about a player who may or may not be good enough to play premier league football, never mind play for us.

Enjoy your evening of moaning, more moaning and moaning some more. I'm out of here.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 2, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »
Anybody that watched him on loan at both Granada and Bordeaux can tell you he's more than good enough to play for us. Especially when you consider who we've got starting for us.

two European giants there

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 2, 2015, 06:34:19 pm »
two European giants there

Guarantee they'd give us a game.

Anyway he's better than Lovren so its a strange one for me as it seemed injuries were all that was holding him back.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 2, 2015, 06:40:35 pm »
Guarantee they'd give us a game.

Anyway he's better than Lovren so its a strange one for me as it seemed injuries were all that was holding him back.

On what basis is he better than Lovren?