Author Topic: Liverpool sign James Milner  (Read 149101 times)

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool sign James Milner
« Reply #160 on: June 4, 2015, 11:32:21 am »
I like Milner, he is a good player. But to be fair he would have been a rotation player at City and Arsenal. He is definitely first choice for us. Had it have been a first 11 player, we wouldn't have had a chance.
I'm not his biggest fan, and he really has next to no track record at CM. But City were willing to pay him £165k a week before they knew FFP would be relaxed. Tells me they rate him quite highly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 4, 2015, 11:32:33 am »
Not sure about this one. Not as ecstatic as most seem to be in here, that's for sure. Could be a good signing...provided he's not played at CB. Needs a few games under his belt in a settled system to see how things pan out for him. I'll reserve judgement until then.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #162 on: June 4, 2015, 11:33:58 am »
Sensibleness in the silly season. I've seen it all now...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: June 4, 2015, 11:34:13 am »
Hendo-Can
    Milner

= POWER

Where does Countinho play?

I don't see Milner as AM.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #164 on: June 4, 2015, 11:35:01 am »
Not sure about this one. Not as ecstatic as most seem to be in here, that's for sure. Could be a good signing...provided he's not played at CB. Needs a few games under his belt in a settled system to see how things pan out for him. I'll reserve judgement until then.
Do you mean CM? Not much danger of him being used at CB.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 4, 2015, 11:35:38 am »
Where do people want to see Emre Can starting this year.?
I thought he proved his worth OUT of position and therefore deserved a crack where he's best. Midfield.

I love the signing of Milner, but I guess he's coming to start games. With Hendo in there too...where is the big German?

I can see them competing for the same spot... to play along side Henderson. In the midfield role Milner offers everything Can does but a vastly superior mobility & agility. Its a good upgrade from the club.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: June 4, 2015, 11:35:45 am »
We were definitely the more appealing because I think he knows he will be first choice here rather than just a squad player at City and Arsenal. His family live in the north west as well and he has the medals so playing time is the most important thing.

I don't think we could have gotten him if he felt he would start most of the games for City.

Agreed. But he could have stayed where he was, picked up 165k a week, and played 30 games a season, probably playing in the type of games every footballer wants to play in, and winning medals.

He wants regular football. I'm not naïve enough to think he's come here on 50k a week. But I admire his motives when he's putting regular football above being the Jack of all trades at a club that is competitive at the sharp end of every season.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 4, 2015, 11:35:57 am »
Welcome Milner!

Praying to god Rodgers doesn't play him in a two man midfield with Henderson though, also hoping he isn't the only addition to the midfield because we still need someone better/to compete Lucas in the defensive midfielder role. Mainly because Henderson, Allen and Milner don't have a defensive bone in their body when it comes to quality protection. And Lucas is injury prone as well.
We could always give that right back of ours a crack as a defensive midfielder, Emre Can I think he's called.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #168 on: June 4, 2015, 11:36:41 am »
I'm sorry folks, but when you continue in the same modus operandi by signing mediocre players like James Milner, expect mediocre results and mediocre table standings. Nothing ever changes. The English Premiership is only a competition in name, but there's nothing remotely competitive about it - spend the most amount of money on players and wages and you win the title. Simple as. It's idiots like ourselves that are enthralled by it, but the results are decided long before a ball is kicked on the opening day of the season.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 4, 2015, 11:36:59 am »
Great signing. Good stuff.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 4, 2015, 11:38:07 am »
We could always give that right back of ours a crack as a defensive midfielder, Emre Can I think he's called.
going into a season with a injury prone player ( Lucas ) and a kid who hasn't played much in that position for us? Sounds like the Liverpool way to me.

Besides for me can is perfectly suited in the box to box role.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 4, 2015, 11:40:13 am »
Rumours now that Arsenal offered more but he knocked 'em back 'cos his missus preferred shopping round Toxteth way.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #172 on: June 4, 2015, 11:40:47 am »
Excellent. Welcome James. Now let's get all our targets in early doors and enjoy a decent break please.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: June 4, 2015, 11:41:24 am »
Do you mean CM? Not much danger of him being used at CB.
No. I meant CB. Brendan loves a square peg in a round hole.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #174 on: June 4, 2015, 11:41:34 am »
Great signing. Good stuff.

Good signing if you are content with finishing fourth or fifth. That's about the height of it.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 4, 2015, 11:41:57 am »
I'm sorry folks, but when you continue in the same modus operandi by signing mediocre players like James Milner, expect mediocre results and mediocre table standings. Nothing ever changes. The English Premiership is only a competition in name, but there's nothing remotely competitive about it - spend the most amount of money on players and wages and you win the title. Simple as. It's idiots like ourselves that are enthralled by it, but the results are decided long before a ball is kicked on the opening day of the season.
Good signing if you are content with finishing fourth or fifth. That's about the height of it.

08457 90 90 90
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #176 on: June 4, 2015, 11:43:03 am »
Welcome!! For free,it's an excellent move .

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #177 on: June 4, 2015, 11:43:41 am »

08457 90 90 90

It's a bit early in the morning for Dominos don't you think?

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #178 on: June 4, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
Great signing, pops up with goals. Always seemed to be a pain in the arse to play against so that can only be a good thing when he's wearing red. I guess he could be classed as a good old fashioned utility player. We need a few of those. Anyway, he's a red, will get full support from this one, happy days :scarf

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 4, 2015, 11:46:53 am »
Welcome James. Prove the doubters wrong son ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: June 4, 2015, 11:47:45 am »
It's a bit early in the morning for Dominos don't you think?

Different sort of topping I think.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #181 on: June 4, 2015, 11:48:23 am »
Proper signing this

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #182 on: June 4, 2015, 11:49:38 am »
Welcome James. Prove the doubters wrong son ...

I have no doubt about his commitment and application, but in terms of the quality needed to win the League - no, not in a million years. He was just lucky he played with a tremendous group of players at City. It's time we called a spade a spade.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 4, 2015, 11:51:30 am »
It's a marker of the success of our owners in reducing our collective expectations that this news can be met with such jubilation.

I thought it was more a marker of the soft-in-the-head internet fans showing just what a bunch of clueless whoppers they were for turning their noses up at a player who won 2 leagues in the last five years and has been an excellent if understated presence in that title winning City side.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 4, 2015, 11:53:12 am »
Maintains his form and productivity since the turn of the year and we're all laughing.

Hope the others will be on his wavelength.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #185 on: June 4, 2015, 11:53:56 am »
"I walked into Melwood and bumped into Ian Ayre. I said 'hello'. He said 'hello' back to me. "

Bring it on. As I have said before, he's a very good payer and a nice addition to the squad. A diamond formation with him, Hendo and Phil at the tip of it would be nice to see.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #186 on: June 4, 2015, 11:56:47 am »
I have no doubt about his commitment and application, but in terms of the quality needed to win the League - no, not in a million years. He was just lucky he played with a tremendous group of players at City. It's time we called a spade a spade.
I'm calling it a shovel, so sue me.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #187 on: June 4, 2015, 11:58:12 am »
Some people just aren't happy unless their team sign the so called big stars in world football. That's what it boils down to. He's not Pogba, Vidal or even Javi Martinez. Therefore he is mediocre and a poor signing to some people. ::)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 4, 2015, 11:58:17 am »
Different sort of topping I think.

twoshay.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 4, 2015, 11:58:22 am »
He's better than any of the options we currently have at centre mid so has instantly improved us.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #190 on: June 4, 2015, 11:59:37 am »
Great signing. Happy this one's wrapped up.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #191 on: June 4, 2015, 11:59:39 am »
He hasn't got the ability of Suarez, but hopefully he can instill a similar work ethic in some of the players, because some of them badly need it.

Bit on the fence with this to be diplomatic, I like Milner but worried about him being a regular starter in central midfield.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #192 on: June 4, 2015, 11:59:44 am »
You cant really be fuming over a free transfer, england international and premier league winner can you?

No-brainer. Can play multiple positions, hope his work ethic can rub off on more players on the pitch. The last 3 games last season were nothing short of listless.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 4, 2015, 12:00:21 pm »
Some people just aren't happy unless their team sign the so called big stars in world football. That's what it boils down to. He's not Pogba, Vidal or even Javi Martinez. Therefore he is mediocre and a poor signing to some people. ::)

I'll tell you exactly what the problem is. Lots of 'supporters' and I use the word loosely mind, all jumped on the Liverpool express this time last year.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #194 on: June 4, 2015, 12:00:50 pm »

:lmao

Lucky?  You're talking out of your backside, there's a reason why the City fans love him and were desperate for him to stay there and its not simply because he's a hard worker.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #195 on: June 4, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »
Have all the City fans who used to post on here been chased off/banned? Would be good to get their opinions of him.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: June 4, 2015, 12:03:12 pm »

Not league winning quality for us maybe but he will be a good signing for his productivity assuming the others are on his wavelength like Silva was.

He will need the existing players to make him look good though by actually finishing the chances he will create!

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #197 on: June 4, 2015, 12:03:37 pm »
Good Luck to him. Hope it works out and he can help move this team forward and also help make the midfield play better.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #198 on: June 4, 2015, 12:03:39 pm »
I thought it was more a marker of the soft-in-the-head internet fans showing just what a bunch of clueless whoppers they were for turning their noses up at a player who won 2 leagues in the last five years and has been an excellent if understated presence in that title winning City side.

Whom City really wanted to keep
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #199 on: June 4, 2015, 12:03:57 pm »
I'm calling it a shovel, so sue me.

Fair play to you big lad.
Seriously though, people often conflate positivity with progress. If you greet every single new signing with foolhardy positivity, you are a diehard fan. If you are seen to hold any legitimate reservations or doubts you are a negative naysayer who is standing in the way of progress. IMO, James Milner will be just one in a long line of mediocre signings who will achieve nothing for us.