Author Topic: Liverpool sign James Milner  (Read 149079 times)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool sign James Milner
« Reply #120 on: June 4, 2015, 10:56:38 am »
"James Milner created more chances than Juan Mata this season, recorded more assists than Mesut Ozil & scored more goals than Cesc Fabregas.

He played fewer minutes than all three of these. £150k-a-week is still an eye-watering amount but play him in the middle and he'll do stuff."
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 4, 2015, 10:57:08 am »
I think you're hugely average but you're here and you're ours so you got my full support.
Your post is below par

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 4, 2015, 10:57:45 am »
Good signing.

Hope we play him CM & make him captain. 
« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 10:59:56 am by HighSix »

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 4, 2015, 10:58:39 am »
"James Milner created more chances than Juan Mata this season, recorded more assists than Mesut Ozil & scored more goals than Cesc Fabregas.

He played fewer minutes than all three of these. £150k-a-week is still an eye-watering amount but play him in the middle and he'll do stuff."
expect he didn't get though figures while playing in the middle...so why play him their when it's not his best position ( but is his favourite)
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #124 on: June 4, 2015, 10:59:31 am »
Good player? Check
Works hard? Check
Experienced? Check
Has won medals? Check

Good start to the transfer window, let's turn our midfield into a machine

Welcome to LFC, Jimmy.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 4, 2015, 11:02:01 am »
Not bad signing. Brings experience.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #126 on: June 4, 2015, 11:02:18 am »
I'm so made up!!!!!!!!!
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #127 on: June 4, 2015, 11:02:29 am »
Fuck yeah!!!
Really made my day this. Was half expecting we fuck it up though that can still happen with the medical.

Welcome to LFC, James!
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #128 on: June 4, 2015, 11:02:34 am »
Great signing - very capable played who improves our team

I'm sorry we're not sticking to the idea of buying undervalued and young talent that we develop - in fact im sorry we haven't executed it at all.
However given that we're not this is a deal we probably had to do given our difficulty in attracting top flight talent.

The Devils in the detail though and hopefully the deal is something like 3 years plus a club option for another one.
It's a great deal for this season (he's a huge upgrade on the animated corpse of Steven Gerrard) but if he's still here at 33 on 150k a week it's a lot less good

Anyway I'm sure he'll do well here and it's refreshing a player has turned down CL clubs to come to us

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #129 on: June 4, 2015, 11:03:00 am »
I think you're hugely average but you're here and you're ours so you got my full support.

I can't for the life of me believe anyone with a fully functioning brain who has watched him play more than once could come up with that opinion of him.

He might not be world class but he is a good player who will improve our midfield.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #130 on: June 4, 2015, 11:03:34 am »
Welcome Jimmy.

Will we play JM as a CM, DM, AM, RM or LM, or CAM?

Maybe all of the above.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #131 on: June 4, 2015, 11:03:47 am »
probably will play as a RB

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #132 on: June 4, 2015, 11:04:17 am »

I can't for the life of me believe anyone with a fully functioning brain who has watched him play more than once could come up with that opinion of him.

He might not be world class but he is a good player who will improve our midfield.

I hope so and as I said I won't moan (well i'll try not too) he's got my support. Whether he will, I'm not so sure

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 4, 2015, 11:05:47 am »
Welcome Jimmy.

Maybe all of the above.

You forgot false number 9  ;)

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 4, 2015, 11:05:50 am »
Where do people want to see Emre Can starting this year.?
I thought he proved his worth OUT of position and therefore deserved a crack where he's best. Midfield.

I love the signing of Milner, but I guess he's coming to start games. With Hendo in there too...where is the big German?

Hopefully a partnership of Milner and Can will develop this season, with Henderson and Allen on the bench.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #135 on: June 4, 2015, 11:06:04 am »
Hendo-Can
    Milner

= POWER
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
« Reply #136 on: June 4, 2015, 11:06:34 am »
I'm personally a bit worried, last experienced Englishman we got on a free sat on the bench and took his salary for two years..
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 4, 2015, 11:09:00 am »
I'm personally a bit worried, last experienced Englishman we got on a free sat on the bench and took his salary for two years..

Having been sat on the bench or the treatment table for years before that at his previous club.

This is a completely different situation.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 4, 2015, 11:09:48 am »

I agree they're very comparable alright.

We haven't signed him yet.........petition anyone?!

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #139 on: June 4, 2015, 11:10:55 am »
Buzzing with this

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 4, 2015, 11:12:05 am »
Very good signing. Now lets get that deep-lying playmaker or DM.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 4, 2015, 11:15:04 am »
Great signing - very capable played who improves our team

I'm sorry we're not sticking to the idea of buying undervalued and young talent that we develop - in fact im sorry we haven't executed it at all.
However given that we're not this is a deal we probably had to do given our difficulty in attracting top flight talent.

I agree with your point about undervalued youngsters but even with that policy there's room for a Milner signing. 80% of our signings for me on average should be younger players with room for experienced older players who will enhance the squad.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 4, 2015, 11:15:09 am »
Pop once said (Rest his Soul) that you need players that are multipliers.. They play to make the rest of the team work better, Suarez was a multiplier - he brought the best out of Sterling/Coutinho/Sturridge/Gerrard in that fabled season of yesteryear.

Milner is of the same ilk, one of the key piano carriers.

Anyone doubting his ability watch the 3-2 loss to us.. He came on and changed the game, he was the catalyst for them getting it back to 2-2.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 4, 2015, 11:17:12 am »
James Milner is a lot of things,  a CM isn't one of them. Still, quite a coup to lure him here with City that desperate to hold onto him. Very happy about that.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #144 on: June 4, 2015, 11:17:38 am »
Great signing. Welcome James. :)

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #145 on: June 4, 2015, 11:17:58 am »
Good solid signing.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 4, 2015, 11:19:30 am »
Welcome Jimmy.

Maybe all of the above.

And maybe in the same game as well given Brendan's penchant for changing things around.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #147 on: June 4, 2015, 11:19:47 am »
A deeply uninspiring if perhaps necessary signing. It's a marker of the success of our owners in reducing our collective expectations that this news can be met with such jubilation.

I live in hope that he strikes up productive relationships with the more technically gifted players in our attack.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 4, 2015, 11:20:38 am »
Welcome James. YNWA.

PS - Can we drop the 'free signing' bullshit?

thank you

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #149 on: June 4, 2015, 11:22:34 am »
Welcome, Jimmy.

Will improve us immensely IMO.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 4, 2015, 11:23:11 am »
Very good player, one who does the unsung jobs in attack; he does the dirty work in attack which allows the most technical players to do as they please.

Bit concerned if we are thinking of having him in a 2 man midfield with Henderson. Not going to lie that seems a rather weak midfield, and they do such similar jobs. Also just as a general point, Milner is better on the wing, and probably would be much more helpful for us there.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 4, 2015, 11:25:38 am »
A deeply uninspiring if perhaps necessary signing. It's a marker of the success of our owners in reducing our collective expectations that this news can be met with such jubilation.

I live in hope that he strikes up productive relationships with the more technically gifted players in our attack.
Some rate Milner, some don't but you can't ignore the fact that we have just beaten City and Arsenal to a signing they really wanted to make. Its a cause for elation because it hasn't happened in quite some time. 3 years ago Tottenham were nicking our targets.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #152 on: June 4, 2015, 11:27:35 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 4, 2015, 11:27:39 am »
Some rate Milner, some don't but you can't ignore the fact that we have just beaten City and Arsenal to a signing they really wanted to make. Its a cause for elation because it hasn't happened in quite some time. 3 years ago Tottenham were nicking our targets.

I like Milner, he is a good player. But to be fair he would have been a rotation player at City and Arsenal. He is definitely first choice for us. Had it have been a first 11 player, we wouldn't have had a chance.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #154 on: June 4, 2015, 11:27:48 am »
I hope so and as I said I won't moan (well i'll try not too) he's got my support. Whether he will, I'm not so sure

Fair enough. We can't expect everyone to rate the same players. Your entitled to your opinion on him even though I disagree. Let's hope he proves you wrong.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #155 on: June 4, 2015, 11:28:32 am »
It's a marker of the success of our owners in reducing our collective expectations that this news can be met with such jubilation.

What jubilation? People are welcoming a new player to the club. You're a miserable sort going off your previous posts on here anyway.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #156 on: June 4, 2015, 11:28:59 am »
Its a great signing the more I think of it.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: June 4, 2015, 11:29:03 am »
PS - Can we drop the 'free signing' bullshit?

Pretty certain signing on fee's tend to be paid over the life of the contract, so there is no initial transfer outlay, which does make them 'free' so to speak.

Of course his wages will therefore be bumped up on a weekly basis but that's a lot better for cashflow than a lump sum is (especially given the guaranteed revenue increase next summer) and allows for further investment this summer in actual fee's.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 4, 2015, 11:29:24 am »

See, when I read stuff like this it makes me wonder whether you've been abducted by Aliens, or had a nasty accident with the hoover. Because something has obviously sucked the braincells out of your head.

City offered him 165k a week to stay, and play in the CL, and mount a title challenge every year for the foreseeable future. Arsenal were in for him. But he chose us.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 4, 2015, 11:31:46 am »
See, when I read stuff like this it makes me wonder whether you've been abducted by Aliens, or had a nasty accident with the hoover. Because something has obviously sucked the braincells out of your head.

City offered him 165k a week to stay, and play in the CL, and mount a title challenge every year for the foreseeable future. Arsenal were in for him. But he chose us.

We were definitely the more appealing because I think he knows he will be first choice here rather than just a squad player at City and Arsenal. His family live in the north west as well and he has the medals so playing time is the most important thing.

I don't think we could have gotten him if he felt he would start most of the games for City.