Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3544572 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit 2013/14/15
« Reply #6600 on: August 3, 2015, 12:16:08 pm »
Bought the away shirt yesterday, lovely fit and a lovely kit overall!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6601 on: August 3, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »
@LFCGlobe: No transfer news, however Nike and LFC have held started preliminary talks over a kit sponsor deal after the New Balance deal expires.

For the 18/19 season? I mean there is starting talks early and then there is starting talks at a pointless time.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #6602 on: August 3, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
For the 18/19 season? I mean there is starting talks early and then there is starting talks at a pointless time.
Given the vast sums of money and length of contract likely being discussed its no surprise to see discussions being held so far in advance. Having lost United to Adidas, Nike are probably looking to find another team to make shirts for. If Nike are involved there could be quite a profitable opportunity on the table for the club, but personally I'm not a fan of their recent jerseys. Our recent jerseys with Warrior and New Balance have been quite refreshing overall. That said Nike do produce pretty classy kits for City, though that's an exception imo.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6603 on: August 3, 2015, 12:33:46 pm »
Given the vast sums of money and length of contract likely being discussed its no surprise to see discussions being held so far in advance. Having lost United to Adidas, Nike are probably looking to find another team to make shirts for. If Nike are involved there could be quite a profitable opportunity on the table for the club, but personally I'm not a fan of their recent jerseys. Our recent jerseys with Warrior and New Balance have been quite refreshing overall. That said Nike do produce pretty classy kits for City, though that's an exception imo.

I've no doubt it'll be done in advance, but we're talking 2 years before a deal is likely to be signed, 3 before kits would be out. Seems a little early imo other than a little sounding out saying they may be interested, but then I wouldn't really class that as 'prelim talks' personally.

Anyway, Nike are the opposite of what the club wants with regards to a manufacture sponsor. We are embarking on a retail expansion where we control our own stores around the world and have total control of our own branded goods beyond the kit and training gear. Nike take complete control of everything - stores, online sales, etc.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6604 on: August 3, 2015, 12:48:39 pm »
I've no doubt it'll be done in advance, but we're talking 2 years before a deal is likely to be signed, 3 before kits would be out. Seems a little early imo other than a little sounding out saying they may be interested, but then I wouldn't really class that as 'prelim talks' personally.

Anyway, Nike are the opposite of what the club wants with regards to a manufacture sponsor. We are embarking on a retail expansion where we control our own stores around the world and have total control of our own branded goods beyond the kit and training gear. Nike take complete control of everything - stores, online sales, etc.

That'll be why we're starting talks so early. It's either Nike let us keep control of that stuff, or they make it worth our while to not continue with that.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #6605 on: August 3, 2015, 02:55:18 pm »
Like Nike gear but can't imagine a Liverpool Nike shirt. Rather go back to Reebok!
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6606 on: August 3, 2015, 03:36:16 pm »
Discussions and firm bids are two different things.

Club keeping New Balance on their toes.

But, tbf, the club are constantly checking on what the value of things are. Doesn't mean that things will change.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6607 on: August 8, 2015, 09:57:55 pm »
@LFCGlobe: No transfer news, however Nike and LFC have held started preliminary talks over a kit sponsor deal after the New Balance deal expires.
Bill Hogan really is the commercial boy wonder.

We have a top guy for commercial deals,and no doubt he will get a fantastic deal that will be one of the biggest in football.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6608 on: August 8, 2015, 10:01:56 pm »

If that is so then regarding having our control over our stores and branded gear,i expect FSG will forgo that to get a huge profitable deal,When we signed the Warrior deal it was the biggest in world football at the time per annum,i expect it will be around the Manc's deal with Adidas if we go with Nike.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6609 on: August 8, 2015, 10:04:49 pm »
If that is so then regarding having our control over our stores and branded gear,i expect FSG will forgo that to get a huge profitable deal,When we signed the Warrior deal it was the biggest in world football at the time per annum,i expect it will be around the Manc's deal with Adidas if we go with Nike.

I'm not sure the Warrior deal was the biggest, only when we took into account we had control to sell our own branded gear (which Ayre said was worth £25m) did it become pretty huge.

We're opening stores up around the world, so whilst we may consider giving up control for a big deal it would have to be something fairly astronomical IMO for us to move away from a path we've been going down for about 3 years now and will be for the next 3.

Online CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #6610 on: August 9, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »
I'm not sure the Warrior deal was the biggest, only when we took into account we had control to sell our own branded gear (which Ayre said was worth £25m) did it become pretty huge.

We're opening stores up around the world, so whilst we may consider giving up control for a big deal it would have to be something fairly astronomical IMO for us to move away from a path we've been going down for about 3 years now and will be for the next 3.

I've always had my doubts about that 25 million figure when it comes to the money we'd make off our own branded stuff. We've got a handful of stores (although they are increasing in number) and I struggle to see how we'd be making that much profit on what we sell in them. Of course this is just pure speculation on my part, maybe we're raking it in.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6611 on: August 10, 2015, 12:31:52 pm »
I've always had my doubts about that 25 million figure when it comes to the money we'd make off our own branded stuff. We've got a handful of stores (although they are increasing in number) and I struggle to see how we'd be making that much profit on what we sell in them. Of course this is just pure speculation on my part, maybe we're raking it in.

There are a lot of stores in places like Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and so on. By all accounts they do great business. It also means the club can sell LFC-branded gear not made by New Balance in other outlets - having a display in a department store for instance, and the club gets all the profits.

The 25m was always potential, and so it is probably a little on the high side, but there will be significant money coming in from those streams.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6612 on: August 10, 2015, 01:15:31 pm »

I imagine it's definitely on the high side, or was when it was first mentioned, but it's not just our own physical bricks and mortar stores where we sell our gear (although we have 6 of those in the UK, and 8 abroad including concessions), as we also have our own gear in sports shops around the world, as well as selling via a number of our own localised online stores.

I seem to remember Ayre mentioning this summer we had plans to open more stores in the Far East due to the success of the others, so they must be doing pretty good I imagine.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #6613 on: August 10, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »
These any less that the 44.99 anywhere?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6614 on: August 10, 2015, 01:59:00 pm »
I really wish they'd offer fans the chance to buy jerseys sans sponsor for a slightly higher price. I'd be all over the black and white tops...

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6615 on: August 10, 2015, 02:25:19 pm »
The club may not mind, I bet the sponsors wouldn't be too pleased, though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:48:17 pm by Impolite King Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6616 on: August 10, 2015, 02:25:27 pm »
I'd like to see what the tie up with Majestic Athletic is as it's been really vague since the announcement,they are the official kit supplier of all Major League Baseball teams and have hundreds of stores in the USA Taiwan and Japan where baseball is huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was selling our stuff in Majestic Athletic stores worldwide and also doing our non New Balance merchandise.

Could be quite a lucrative commercial stream.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6617 on: August 10, 2015, 02:45:40 pm »
I'd like to see what the tie up with Majestic Athletic is as it's been really vague since the announcement,they are the official kit supplier of all Major League Baseball teams and have hundreds of stores in the USA Taiwan and Japan where baseball is huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was selling our stuff in Majestic Athletic stores worldwide and also doing our non New Balance merchandise.

We don't have any gear on their ecommerce site yet, so is a bit of a strange one.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6618 on: August 10, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »

Except Majestic Athletic don't have any of their own brick and mortar stores.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6619 on: August 10, 2015, 07:26:16 pm »
Except Majestic Athletic don't have any of their own brick and mortar stores.

Not directly, but their parent company seems to own a lot (approx 80) across the US that are branded VF Outlet as well as a shit load more through their many companies they own.

I doubt we'll see any stuff in their other brands stores, but could well in the VF Outlets if it proves popular.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #6620 on: August 10, 2015, 11:03:15 pm »

This was from the official press release:

"As part of the deal, Majestic receives a global license to design, manufacture, and distribute a broad assortment of men's, women's, and youth fanwear across most retail channels of distribution."
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #6621 on: August 11, 2015, 04:21:45 am »
This was from the official press release:

"As part of the deal, Majestic receives a global license to design, manufacture, and distribute a broad assortment of men's, women's, and youth fanwear across most retail channels of distribution."

It's weird how it seems to operate in the States. I recently went out to Boston and paid a trip to Fenway Park. After I did the tour - I popped into the official Red Sox store on Yawkey Way to get some t-shirts for my nephew and niece. They have a huge range of stuff - but it's all by different manufacturers. There's New Balance gear and Nike gear and various others as well. We might sell none-New Balance stuff in the Reds shop - but it wouldn't be by other sports manufacturers. Maybe FSG are thinking of a different model of business, more akin to what they do in the States?

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #6622 on: August 11, 2015, 06:17:01 am »
I think it would be a really smart idea for a player to be involved each season in the design of the kits. For example the 2017 Gerrard kit. It would include designs that he likes with hints from 2005 CL kit.
2018 is the John Barnes Kit with some hints from one of his favourite lots of the 80s etc.
it would be a good way to honour ex legends and would probably drive sales etc.

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #6623 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:52 am »
It's weird how it seems to operate in the States. I recently went out to Boston and paid a trip to Fenway Park. After I did the tour - I popped into the official Red Sox store on Yawkey Way to get some t-shirts for my nephew and niece. They have a huge range of stuff - but it's all by different manufacturers. There's New Balance gear and Nike gear and various others as well. We might sell none-New Balance stuff in the Reds shop - but it wouldn't be by other sports manufacturers. Maybe FSG are thinking of a different model of business, more akin to what they do in the States?

I think that's the strategy. To try and get as much commercial revenue, we know that our Kit manufacturer does not design and get revenue for everything within our stores. This means that for fanwear we still have the option of partnering with other manufacturers if we choose, as it's not covered by any deal with New Balance.
Majestic do some good stuff, hopefully see some of it soon.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6624 on: August 11, 2015, 10:11:05 am »

That's because the league as a whole sell the rights to make the official shirts to a single manufacturer, so it isn't really through choice that they have different ones.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6625 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:53 am »

So they basically make pyjamas?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline charljo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6626 on: August 11, 2015, 11:18:16 am »
I think that's the strategy. To try and get as much commercial revenue, we know that our Kit manufacturer does not design and get revenue for everything within our stores. This means that for fanwear we still have the option of partnering with other manufacturers if we choose, as it's not covered by any deal with New Balance.
Majestic do some good stuff, hopefully see some of it soon.

47 brand have new license for scarf's hats ect and are not cheap have a look at their website "got no lfc" gear in yet

47 BRAND UK.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6627 on: August 22, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »
3rd kit for my kid arrived from China today. Compared it against the official site and there are some minor detail differences mainly on the shorts but not so he'll notice. Got #.11 Firmino for him. $15 including free shipping. Not bad at all. Sorry if this the wrong thread. Please move if so, mods.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: August 22, 2015, 08:03:45 pm »
3rd kit for my kid arrived from China today. Compared it against the official site and there are some minor detail differences mainly on the shorts but not so he'll notice. Got #.11 Firmino for him. $15 including free shipping. Not bad at all. Sorry if this the wrong thread. Please move if so, mods.

::)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6629 on: August 22, 2015, 11:56:31 pm »
haha

Online CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #6630 on: August 23, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »
This is a fairly obscure question aimed at the older members of the forum. Was there a big fuss when Shankly changed the kit to all red in the Sixties? We'd been playing in so-called 'Forest' colours for decades - and then suddenly we changed. Imagine the stink if someone tried to change our kit now - was there any controversy then - or was it not a big deal?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6631 on: August 23, 2015, 11:04:12 pm »
This is a fairly obscure question aimed at the older members of the forum. Was there a big fuss when Shankly changed the kit to all red in the Sixties? We'd been playing in so-called 'Forest' colours for decades - and then suddenly we changed. Imagine the stink if someone tried to change our kit now - was there any controversy then - or was it not a big deal?

Was a massive kick off on RAWK mate.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6632 on: August 25, 2015, 12:49:50 am »

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #6633 on: August 25, 2015, 05:28:58 am »

Shanks got lucky that Internet did not existed during his time.
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6634 on: August 25, 2015, 06:06:20 am »
Was a massive kick off on RAWK mate.

;D
YNWA.

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #6635 on: August 25, 2015, 11:45:15 am »
@nocturnalvin: and if you're into kit stuff, I'll be meeting a Swoosh top local exec later. Keep u posted on #LFC development.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6636 on: August 25, 2015, 11:48:50 am »
@nocturnalvin: and if you're into kit stuff, I'll be meeting a Swoosh top local exec later. Keep u posted on #LFC development.

I await a 'I've got some juicy news regarding Nike and LFC. Too soon to tell you though' tweet later then.

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
New Kit 2013/14/15
« Reply #6637 on: August 25, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »
Craig you were right but exciting news though. The main man Noc never lets us down.

@nocturnalvin: rather err on side of caution. Swoosh has, I quote "made progress" in talks with the club. That's all I'm allowed to say.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:23:30 pm by Mo2000 »
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6638 on: August 25, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
Was rumoured a few weeks ago on Reddit/Twitter that FSG were negotiating with Nike about being kit supplier from 2018-2019 onwards when the NB deal finishes.

With them not having United anymore,Nike need a big team wearing their gear in the premier league especially after NBC have just extended the EPL deal in America and the EPL growing exposure over there.Chelsea and Arsenal have long term newly signed deals,Nike are not ready to throw big money at City with them not having a big following,makes sense they are seeking possibilities of a tie up.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #6639 on: August 26, 2015, 09:00:19 am »
Was rumoured a few weeks ago on Reddit/Twitter that FSG were negotiating with Nike about being kit supplier from 2018-2019 onwards when the NB deal finishes.

With them not having United anymore,Nike need a big team wearing their gear in the premier league especially after NBC have just extended the EPL deal in America and the EPL growing exposure over there.Chelsea and Arsenal have long term newly signed deals,Nike are not ready to throw big money at City with them not having a big following,makes sense they are seeking possibilities of a tie up.
Nike is shit.  The only good aspect would be that you could get our gear virtaully everywhere as opposed to now.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/